Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Zereth posted:

what the gently caress did you want from me, ARKS Tournament mission? I went to literally every part of the map and killed every enemy I found but the guy at the end disses me and I only get an A ranking?

At least as far as I can tell it doesn't actually matter otherwise I'd angry instead of slightly miffed
From what I remember when I did that quest on the Japanese version, there are hidden enemy spawns you need to trigger to get the maximum score. For example I think there’s some enemies in the forest area who only appear if you chop down some grass in a specific place, which I only found out about by reading a guide.
If you get max score you get a different fight at the end of the quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Yeah, you have to cut grass in the forest section (including one patch off the path in the timed forest section) and knock over a snow pile in the tundra section. These will all spawn enemies to give you points.

You don't get the bonus fight any more though. Huey used to fight you if you got 1000/1000.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Fereydun posted:

let me hang out with ethan waber and maia

i cant fuckin believe psu has a better story

This is dangerously making me think that going through the jank of getting this game to run is not worth it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What’s the best Scratch Ticket to buy if I just want to resell the stuff for Meseta?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

fadam posted:

What’s the best Scratch Ticket to buy if I just want to resell the stuff for Meseta?
Based on my browsing of the market, get sexy stuff, then wait for it to not be active anymore.

I mean, assuming people are buying that like 30+ million stuff, anyway

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Didn't you only get the Huey/Claris fight if your partner was Sara? I could've sworn that was exclusive to her route

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Saagonsa posted:

Didn't you only get the Huey/Claris fight if your partner was Sara? I could've sworn that was exclusive to her route
This game has routes?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Elephant Parade posted:

This game has routes?

It used to for specific quests, the tournament especially. You could choose between Afin, Lisa, Sara, and Patty & Tiea to be your partner for that quest. For the most part the only differences were the ending of that quest. With the reworked story tho it's Afin only, because his route is the most important to the story.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

speaking of

I gotta say, compared to, say, Phantasy Star 4, I'm really not feeling the menace with the Dark Falzs compared to the Dark Forces

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Zereth posted:

speaking of

I gotta say, compared to, say, Phantasy Star 4, I'm really not feeling the menace with the Dark Falzs compared to the Dark Forces

They've got Big Organization XIII energy instead of feeling like pseudo Lovecraftian horrors.

I don't give a poo poo about the big plot in that but some of the character vignettes are way better than I expected.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Can I get some advice on Braver play? I'm going hybrid but I'm poo poo at melee (my main is a Su/Fi and Fo/Te). What PAs do people tend to prefer? Should I focus on JAs when I'm using normal attacks or getting PP as quick as I can? How worried should I be about parrying?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

fadam posted:

Hop onto something new when its just released. The female white/black admiral outfits were like 4-5m for a day or two, its almost a week and I think the prices on those are steadily creeping below 3m. Alternatively stuff not being found on scratch tickets anymore should rise in value. Theres the pole dance emote which was hovering around 10m.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

mango sentinel posted:

They've got Big Organization XIII energy instead of feeling like pseudo Lovecraftian horrors.

I don't give a poo poo about the big plot in that but some of the character vignettes are way better than I expected.
"hello I am Dark Falz Elder, my hobbies are rock carving and losing fights"

"hello I am dark falz Luther. My japanese name is literally Loser" according to when I googled some armor sets

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

At the end of the tournament, with 1000 points, you get to fight Claris Claes most of the time, Huey if you're with Sara (Maria calls Claris Claes away partway through) and nobody with Afin (you get the Apprentice scene instead).

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

LightningSquid posted:

Can I get some advice on Braver play? I'm going hybrid but I'm poo poo at melee (my main is a Su/Fi and Fo/Te). What PAs do people tend to prefer? Should I focus on JAs when I'm using normal attacks or getting PP as quick as I can? How worried should I be about parrying?

Focus on Just Attacks. They're important in general.

Parrying is great. It blocks damage and inflicts damage. With the right investment in the skill tree, it will activate Katana Gauge which provides a massive damage increase. It'll also do much more damage. That's one of the strong points of Bravers, you can Parry between your attacks and keep your damage up. It's not too important initially but as you hit Super Hard it'll become more and more essential.

As for PAs...Thriving Bellflower is nice for mobs, Morning Mistreaver is nice for map movement, and there's Flash of the Lotus which you can spam to do surprisingly solid DPS. Bellflower and Lotus also charge your Katana gauge. Mistreaver is bad at charging gauge.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

what's a Just Attack?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

It's when you time your button presses to the red circle thing that appears after an attack. Most of the english text calls them perfect attacks.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zereth posted:

"hello I am dark falz Luther. My japanese name is literally Loser" according to when I googled some armor sets

i was one of the villains in PSO. mmy name was "Loser Fuckface Nerd " and my catchphrase was "i cant fight them! theyre too strong"

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Zereth posted:

Sephiroth may have one of the most recognizable theme songs in gaming, but PSO2's Luther has Beck.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

khy posted:

I often play mage/wizard types in MMO games and thought I'd roll a force on the #2 ship. It might just be now but force felt REALLY weak to me, like weaker than hunter by a huge amount.

I felt the same way, but it really does get better if you hang in there for a few levels. The basic fireball they start you with is pretty bunk in my experience, but pretty quickly you're frying entire crowds with chain lightning and turning yourself into a ten-foot-wide sawblade of pure light. The only drawback is that if my body comes into contact with anything more volatile than harsh language, I cease to exist.

Plus apparently there are fused-elemental spells I have yet to get that let you shoot shadowflame lasers and swing ice swords, so basically Force is awesome.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/gywyd4/bosses_having_higher_stats_on_super_hard_over/

If you were curious why XH luther is easier than SH luther, the answer is as follows

quote:

I can confirm XH Luther having less HP than SH, I have only checked Luther but Elder should be similar. My understanding of the issue is that Lv75 raid bosses are using the original HP scaling that applies to basically everything past Lv70 but XH is using its own predefined HP values from back when they were originally released on the JP servers. As Urgent Quests on JP are set to Lv70, this is a NA specific issue.

Luther HP comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMmmj6yfhBg

Text version:

SH Lv. 75 Luther Arm HP 2,280,669 (+ minor overkill damage)

XH Lv. 80 Luther Arm HP 1,510,133 (+ minor overkill damage)

Normally, a Lv75 enemy has roughly 3x the HP compared to a Lv70 enemy, this means that if we compare Lv70 Luther on JP to Lv75 Luther on NA, we can see what's happening to the HP:

SH Lv70 Luther Arm HP (JP) - 756,600

SH Lv75 Luther Arm HP (NA) - 2,280,669 (+ minor overkill damage)

As you can see from the XH Luther HP numbers above and compare it to the SH ones, he doesn't follow the same HP scaling as most other enemies in the game. This means that the same problem will continue to happen any future raid boss that releases at Lv75 SH as most raid bosses have their own set values that do not follow the normal HP scaling. The total HP on XH usually ends up being less than what it would be with the regular enemy HP scaling. This issue will probably occur for Profound Darkness, Dark Falz Apprentice (in TD4) and Magatsu as well.

Magatsu especially will be extremely severe for SH players as his HP on XH specifically was nerfed as part of some balance adjustments a long time ago. SH players will be fighting a Magatsu with roughly 84M HP compared to XH which only has roughly 64M if he releases as Lv75 with no changes, this isn't even including breakable part HP.

Luther XH has about 700k less HP on an arm than SH Luther. In order to fix this they would need to apply the values that exist for enemy HP scaling to XH, instead of going for the already existing values they seem to have pulled over from JP.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 8, 2020

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Rainuwastaken posted:

Plus apparently there are fused-elemental spells I have yet to get that let you shoot shadowflame lasers and swing ice swords, so basically Force is awesome.

There are. There’s only three of them, and the third is Don’t Stop Me Now, I’m A Thunderstorm

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

orange juche posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/gywyd4/bosses_having_higher_stats_on_super_hard_over/

If you were curious why XH luther is easier than SH luther, the answer is as follows

Suddenly, all the running out of time with a bunch of 50-55 players on SH makes sense.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I loving love these big raid fights but SH has not been kind to 50-55s, and it kinda ruins the experience when they all keep dying and just abandon the quest while XH is a much smoother and better experience.

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

I just picked this up & I'm having a blast with bouncer even though I've got no clue what's going on at all. I love how you get to jump all over the place with the jet boots, but what's the deal with the variant attack that just sends you slowly drifting off backwards? Why is the weapon technique a little hop? Is it for iframes? Is 'gear' somehow different from focus? I also did a solo volcano expedition and for some reason was allowed to spawn in right in front of the Vol Dragon, so I just have no idea how missions are supposed to work at all I guess

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Every game ever should include symbol art chat.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Seizon posted:

I just picked this up & I'm having a blast with bouncer even though I've got no clue what's going on at all. I love how you get to jump all over the place with the jet boots, but what's the deal with the variant attack that just sends you slowly drifting off backwards? Why is the weapon technique a little hop? Is it for iframes? Is 'gear' somehow different from focus? I also did a solo volcano expedition and for some reason was allowed to spawn in right in front of the Vol Dragon, so I just have no idea how missions are supposed to work at all I guess

The variant on Gran Wave is all iframes and autocasts Deband (defense up) if you have that tech learned. The weapon action on boots activates the elemental burst skill and resets your element back to the original element of the weapon, although that isn't particularly useful. Gear and Focus are the same thing, it was just called Gear in JP and Focus in NA. Explorations are just "do whatever" quests where there are 3 areas, 2 of them full of mobs and randomly occuring emergency codes, and the final area where a boss is.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
The shift action or variant attack (dunno what term NA uses) is just extra attacks plus a free support tech (well, for 3 of the PAs). Depending on the PA, you cast either Shifta, Deband, or Zanverse. The 4th PA's shift action turns it from an AoE to a focused high-damage single kick. The weapon action is indeed i-frames. Try using it after a normal attack, and you get a little move that gives i-frames and regenerates a lot of PP.

Oh and "gear" is what "focus" is called in the JP version.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I really want the gunblade class already because I fuckin' love the Gunblade. I have no idea if it scales to melee or ranged but whatever it does I'm lovin' it. It's just (unfortunately) numerically inferior to literally everything else available to me.

:sigh:

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

The variant on Gran Wave is all iframes and autocasts Deband (defense up) if you have that tech learned. The weapon action on boots activates the elemental burst skill and resets your element back to the original element of the weapon, although that isn't particularly useful. Gear and Focus are the same thing, it was just called Gear in JP and Focus in NA. Explorations are just "do whatever" quests where there are 3 areas, 2 of them full of mobs and randomly occuring emergency codes, and the final area where a boss is.

oh, thanks! I haven't found those spells yet. I did just join an urgent exploration and got a ton of rare drops without really doing anything, which was cool. I got like 4 copies of Grevahn that I suppose I could merge together? Do weapons matter at all before the end-game stuff?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I've hit the point where I'm souring on Ranger because of the total lack of mobility when using Satellite Cannon/Positron Blast and PP management being a huge chore with special ammo loaded, and I keep trying other classes and finding them way more fun, but my RAcast is 25 levels ahead of my next nearest character and the only one I have above 50. :sigh:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 8, 2020

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmIKSNbQQq8

:dong:YES YES IT IS

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

I've hit the point where I'm souring on Ranger because of the total lack of mobility when using Satellite Cannon/Positron Blast and PP management being a huge chore with special ammo loaded, and I keep trying other classes and finding them way more fun, but my RAcast is 25 levels ahead of my next nearest character and the only one I have above 50. :sigh:

Do you not have dive roll shoot on your Ranger? That comboed with the other skill that turns shots while dodging into normal bullets can help you regain PP with special ammo loaded. Also, ranger dodges left-right much faster than forward/back, so you can just chain dodge like that to get out of an AOE quickly if you need to. You should also be engaging from as far away as you can while doing Ranger things, as you don't get a dmg bonus for being in close.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
how exactly does the grouping for Urgent Quests even work? i managed to get into a grouped one earlier today, but when it flipped over to the Dark Falz Luther boss fight, i couldn't manage to get in to any instances with anyone else, and no one else joined mine, so i just wasted a half hour beating him up for nothing.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Million Ghosts posted:

how exactly does the grouping for Urgent Quests even work? i managed to get into a grouped one earlier today, but when it flipped over to the Dark Falz Luther boss fight, i couldn't manage to get in to any instances with anyone else, and no one else joined mine, so i just wasted a half hour beating him up for nothing.

There's no penalty for re-queuing, you only use up your 1 attempt at the final boss UQ by going through the teleporter and going into the boss fight. If you don't go, you are fine and can re-queue if no one shows up.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

An emote for every moment...

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Finally after tons of Naverius grinding, it finally happened!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

brand engager posted:

It's when you time your button presses to the red circle thing that appears after an attack. Most of the english text calls them perfect attacks.

Does this even do anything for charged techs? Because whether I'm timing to charge or just charging ASAP, I swear my charged techs do the same damage as a Force.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
I continue to be blown away with just how cool you can make Casts look with the right parts. Also really glad daily orders pay so well. Super happy with my guy's look for now, which means I can move on to less important things like buying weapons that aren't horrible, or upgrading my armor so I don't die if a stiff breeze blows past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
Looking cool and/or ridiculous is definitely the most important part of this game. I took some screenshots but I haven't figured out where they're saving on my computer yet, but once I do I'll have to show off my own stuff.