Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The Sultans are Big Bois yeah. They have both Fire power and Magic Power so in what province you fight in will be important. There is 260p Titan Pretender equivalent for the nation, too, which in my first test game gained feebledminded against the first indie nation I attacked lol. He is also salt vulnerable 4, if that 4 means he has more chances of being stunned with the salt, maybe he will have a clear counter.

Ynglaur posted:

If Dom5 made new nations DLCs I would totally throw :10bux: at each one.

The game had for now 11 new nations since Dom4, at the current price of the game that results in... 3,36€ per nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
the number on salt vulnerability is the maximum bonus damage you can take from salt, and your chance to get stunned scales with the damage

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Lord Koth posted:

They've also got a 340 gold spy with Corrupter and magic paths.

I've never seen the Corruptor attribute be anything but a much shittier version of Seduction because of its absolutely terrible TN.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

I've never seen the Corruptor attribute be anything but a much shittier version of Seduction because of its absolutely terrible TN.

Good news, they've got a recruitable seducer too for far less. :v:

You're really paying the 340 for the fact it's a 5 path mage on an okay chassis that is your only recruitable source of Blood (F2A2 + FAEB). That it can spy and corrupt in its spare time are just add-ons that drive up the cost. It also has Unseen so actually patrolling it out is hell for many nations - the seducer doesn't.

I say recruitable because they've got a D2B3 hero with innate blood searcher(1) as well. Along with a summon.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
What has salt as an attack? Only thing I can think of is Golem. Maybe Sea Nations?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Donkringel posted:

What has salt as an attack? Only thing I can think of is Golem. Maybe Sea Nations?

There's a craftable salt item

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Technowolf posted:

There's a craftable salt item

Of course there is. :dominions:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Turin Turambar posted:

The Sultans are Big Bois yeah. They have both Fire power and Magic Power so in what province you fight in will be important. There is 260p Titan Pretender equivalent for the nation, too, which in my first test game gained feebledminded against the first indie nation I attacked lol. He is also salt vulnerable 4, if that 4 means he has more chances of being stunned with the salt, maybe he will have a clear counter.

The game had for now 11 new nations since Dom4, at the current price of the game that results in... 3,36€ per nation.

the 4 means he can take at most 4 damage from salt.

Lord Koth posted:

So briefly glancing at the new nation, one of their cap sites has an interesting new effect.

In total they've got five cap sites, but three of them are listed as "This site is not available from the start, but might appear later on," and do include unit unlocks. Two of them also produce gems, so they're only producing 5 gems a turn prior to them appearing, rather than the EA default 6, but jump up to 7 after.

edit: One of those unlocked units costs SIX commander points.

Random is AES, with an additional 10% chance for FAES.

They've also got a 340 gold spy with Corrupter and magic paths.

He costs 6 but the magic site turns the fort into a +2 admin so effectively 2 turns anyway.

Also the camel riders are god tier. Because they have bird minions that battlespawn into existence as a free ablative shield while they shoot bows at your enemies.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 3, 2020

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Some fixes

Disciples for Awake Pretenders were not awake, fixed
Wrong secondary shapes for some of Ubar's Ghuls
Marids can now be summoned under water as well
Ubar's Marid summoning was incorrect
Typos fixed

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Hello everyone, hot off the first real multiplayer victory I am aware of for a Cassia, is version 3.1 of Cassia:

Download Cassia v3.1 here!

MA Cassia proves bees can be bros if they want.

What's new in 3.1? Well typo fixes of course. A general balance pass that averages out to slight nerfs mostly, on the back of the MA Cassia mods game that was won. Also some general stat fixes and oversight corrections but also a new spell for LA Cassia- Employ Exemplary Envoy

The spell, as it says in the description, summons one of three unique Three Kingdoms themed envoys, each of which is a somewhat stronger version of the cap-only envoy commander. Lady Sun, Princess Qiao and Lady Cai who are each S1H1 mages with an additional 1 in a separate path along with being some variety of seducer or assassin. They are also dream bees so they are spring immortal.

marriage trap shmarriage trap

On top of these cool bee ladies there are some general Magic Resistance normalization sweeps, some tweaks for convenience in the event the nation is dommingled with other Cassia's in a cross-era game. There will probably be some future tweaks as more battle data is collected, errors found or additions, uh, added.

So go out there and try some Cassia 3.1 today! Bees love it.

Change Log-

quote:

-- v3.1
-- typo fixes
-- event fixes. Apparently #defense is spelled #defence
-- MA Cassia Ghost Maiden now amphibious, like other ghosts who do not need to breathe air or have a physical form.
-- Diaochan has encumbrance 0 like other dream bees
-- Added Employ Exemplary Envoy spell, an Enchantment 5 spell to summon 1 of 3 unique variants of the cap only envoy unit. Each is, of course, Three Kingdoms themed.
-- Generic 1hp bees now stealthy, though this only really matters with Red Turban Revolt up as MA Cassia.
-- The bee uprising attack from Red Turban Revolt has been weakened slightly (-1d6 single bees, -1d6 revolutionary dreams). Also 20% -> 15% chance of happening when reqs are met.
-- Yellow details text added to global spell descriptions.
-- Mounted Retinue price increased from 50g -> 55g
-- Heroes that appear in multiple ages now have a different monster number for each age so if there are multiple ages of Cassia in a game they do not compete against each other in the RNG lottery for the unique heroes.
-- Ephemeral Flails now have 2 attacks per round like a normal flail. (#nratt 2). Was 1 attack originally.
-- The Water Margin Bandit Swarm (Murderous Swarm in EA and Welcome Swarm in MA) has a new sprite. It's bigger!
-- Riverlander, Bandit and Outlaw swarms MR lowered from 12 -> 10. They lack the magic mojo to assume a human guise, and thus get 'normal' MR.
-- Anointed Swarm and Reformed swarms MR lowered from 12 -> 11. While the lack the above mojo they are at least more mystically puissant. Oath swarms, having mastered their mortality, remain MR 12.
-- Southlander Commander, Riverlander Commander and Red Turban Ringleader MR lowered from 13 -> 12. They are baseline bees in human guise with no additional mystic might
-- banner borders set to different colors pending toppers

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Haven't played in a couple years, saw the new patch come out and noticed there's been a steady influx of new races that seem really cool. Since I'm picking this up again, what's the list of worthwhile mods for Dom 5 these days? I'm not really looking for new races, the game already has like eighty or something. I remember Worthy Heroes, plus I know I probably want some type of pretender balance mod, and maybe a site/throne rebalance option as well. Anything I'm forgetting? Any good options for the pretenders and/or sites?

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

orangelex44 posted:

Haven't played in a couple years, saw the new patch come out and noticed there's been a steady influx of new races that seem really cool. Since I'm picking this up again, what's the list of worthwhile mods for Dom 5 these days? I'm not really looking for new races, the game already has like eighty or something. I remember Worthy Heroes, plus I know I probably want some type of pretender balance mod, and maybe a site/throne rebalance option as well. Anything I'm forgetting? Any good options for the pretenders and/or sites?

JBBM is a cool balance mod that balances things pretty well, in my estimation. With regard to pretender balance it has mostly cost changes, with a very few new artisanal pretenders. It doesn't really do much with thrones, because convention in the ruby discord is to only use level 2 thrones, which are decently well-balanced already.

I don't recall JBBM making any big site balance changes, or any stand-alone site balance mods either though.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

orangelex44 posted:

JBBM is the mod that's used here the most, and is a general balance mod. There's no real standard for balance mod outside of here either.
Worthy Heroes is probably the most prolific mod in non-Goon communities as it is a mild hero buff+adds some pretty flavorful heroes for the vanilla nations.
The current 'megamod' is Dominions Enhanced, which mainly adds a huge number of spells and pretenders and a few nations to each era, each based on world mythology.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/q9LZrL

vs

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

good dog

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

Amuys posted:

The current 'megamod' is Dominions Enhanced, which mainly adds a huge number of spells and pretenders and a few nations to each era, each based on world mythology.

The parts I like about DE is that it adds more national holy spells, which is quite cool and makes holy magic a bit less of a vestigial limb that contains blesses and apostasy and nothing else. Also most of the national summons are very thematic and cool, especially the ones for Mictlan.

What I'm not a fan of is that it kind of... dilutes national characteristics by adding tons more healers and spells for casters to gain regen with and etc. Also most of the new non-national spells are really un-necessary and don't add much to the game except making the spell list a complete loving mess.

And there's an A/E assassin spell that's absurdly OP.

I do however like the spells that add more meteor disasters to the game. Very strong additions and hilarious even if they're usually not going to change much, it's just SATISFYING to crush someone else's cap with a giant meteor.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I'm starting a new game as MA Vanarus. Any advice? I recalled someone itt mentioning strong berserkers, but they don't seem strong enough to build a strategy around.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

I'm starting a new game as MA Vanarus. Any advice? I recalled someone itt mentioning strong berserkers, but they don't seem strong enough to build a strategy around.

Have you noticed they are shifters? They transform in werebears.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

PurpleXVI posted:

The parts I like about DE is that it adds more national holy spells, which is quite cool and makes holy magic a bit less of a vestigial limb that contains blesses and apostasy and nothing else. Also most of the national summons are very thematic and cool, especially the ones for Mictlan.

What I'm not a fan of is that it kind of... dilutes national characteristics by adding tons more healers and spells for casters to gain regen with and etc. Also most of the new non-national spells are really un-necessary and don't add much to the game except making the spell list a complete loving mess.

And there's an A/E assassin spell that's absurdly OP.

I do however like the spells that add more meteor disasters to the game. Very strong additions and hilarious even if they're usually not going to change much, it's just SATISFYING to crush someone else's cap with a giant meteor.

I'm so used to Dominions Enhanced I can't tell what is original spellwork and DE. GREAT mod

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I think the Balance Mod Colab is a bit more used than JBBM. Goon community is the exception here, as JBBM happens to be done by our goon comrade jBrereton, there is a bias towards it.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
I have updated Szumogliika (glitch nation) for the modern gamer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWg5cIg1dDI

In case you missed them the first time around, Szumogliika have a theory that reality is really a construct that arises from some underlying algorithmic mathematical structure. This structure is organised into loops and threads that exist within some vast celestial engine. By directly manipulating the data flowing through this structure their mages can achieve quite miraculous things.

This update adds a lot of little features that nations in Dominions 5 require that were missing (explicit wall defenders and so on). It also fixes a number of very amusing and ironic bugs, such as Index Out of Bounds underflowing its target's healthpool and granting them 170000maxhp instead of harming them, the Largest Glitch being able to quickly obtain 20000 hitpoints, and, uh, all of the sound effects crashing battle replays because they contained bad metadata.

I also added a bunch of custom items, two new custom spells, and rebalanced some crap.

Szumogliika is an EA modnation which you can download here ---> https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9tscfd0m3f9rqj/glitches_v7.rar.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

This loving rules, in love with the helmet

but

In this description, "encompassing" is spelled wrong two different ways.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.

Tulip posted:

In this description, "encompassing" is spelled wrong two different ways.
kind of impressive imo.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Oh hell yeah

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

PurpleXVI posted:

FYI he only won because he bribed me(after Xibalba bribed me to attack him instead of them), so I went to attack C'tis(who didn't bribe me) instead with my artisanal thugs and hordes of cyclopses.

The lesson learned is to Always Be Bribing(Purple, who really wants your gold and gems).

If your strategy depends in part on Gift of Health, Vengeful Waters or oodles of sacreds, your domscore also starts taking on greater importance.

Dont bribe purple, just kill them asap.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mu. posted:

I have updated Szumogliika (glitch nation) for the modern gamer.

This update adds a lot of little features that nations in Dominions 5 require that were missing (explicit wall defenders and so on). It also fixes a number of very amusing and ironic bugs, such as Index Out of Bounds underflowing its target's healthpool and granting them 170000maxhp instead of harming them, the Largest Glitch being able to quickly obtain 20000 hitpoints, and, uh, all of the sound effects crashing battle replays because they contained bad metadata.

You should have left the glitches/bugs in, to keep with the theme. :v:

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Ramc I just summoned Dong Zhuo in LA Cassia.

How long do I have until he fucks me? How load bearing should I make him to my plans?

I already learned not to leave uniques with Lu Bu.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Donkringel posted:

Ramc I just summoned Dong Zhuo in LA Cassia.

How long do I have until he fucks me? How load bearing should I make him to my plans?

Dong Zhuo only sort of passively causes trouble in that he freespawns marauder swarms that cause significant unrest, and that the swarms are immortal and require undead leadership.

LA Cassia has pretty much no undead leadership out of the box so as the swarms attrit down they will revive in whatever province they freespawned in with no quick or easy way to move them out.

Donkringel posted:

I already learned not to leave uniques with Lu Bu.

the authentic three kingdoms experience

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Ramc posted:

Dong Zhuo only sort of passively causes trouble in that he freespawns marauder swarms that cause significant unrest, and that the swarms are immortal and require undead leadership.

LA Cassia has pretty much no undead leadership out of the box so as the swarms attrit down they will revive in whatever province they freespawned in with no quick or easy way to move them out.

the authentic three kingdoms experience

Actually speaking of authentic experience, if you stick Dong Zhuo and Lu Bu in the same province, do you get fun events?

And by the way, great mod. Been having a lot of fun with it.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Donkringel posted:

Actually speaking of authentic experience, if you stick Dong Zhuo and Lu Bu in the same province, do you get fun events?

And by the way, great mod. Been having a lot of fun with it.

The only mod unit interactions are Lu Bu-Diaochan and Zhuge Liang-Zhou Yu. Maybe in a later version I will expand it if I think of something meaningful or clever to happen. Thanks for playing it!

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
I only play against bots (or occasionally my bf) but Ubar is ridiculously fun. Goes real well (again, vs bots) with a scales build and you kinda just explode out in your expansion while the brass city is sealed. Once the city opens, the new units are great for attacking provinces deep in enemy territory, and the camel riders are neat for setting up shop while cut-off in lieu of a fort, since they recruit everywhere.

Having lots of luck thugging with the ifrit sultans and the 1/month cap ifrit warriors, and a few of the bodyguard jinn. Also the corruptors/seducers are nice to spam out every now and then. I've basically depopulated all of neighboring helheim and vanheim's commanders, so I don't get too much magic harass. Can't imagine I'd be having such an easy time in MP, but it's really easy to overwhelm the CPU players with how Ubar can just be... everywhere?

Also you get free 0 upkeep units w/ 2 fire and some air all game, which is neat for quick site searching.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Come play with us you coward. Test your mettle against the greatest generals on earth.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

no

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

How are u posted:

Come play with us you coward. Test your mettle against the greatest generals on earth.

Make up your mind!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

How are u posted:

I can assure new players that if they can't beat anyone else, they can certainly beat me.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Enjoy posted:

Make up your mind!

:negative:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lmao

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

i did a decent amount of MP in dom 3/4, nowadays I prefer to just play around and bash out an entire game in a few sittings at my own pace. Mostly it's scheduling/coordinating/submitting on time that I have zero interest in keeping up with

I pretty much only play with ppl that I live with anymore

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
In all seriousness tho: playing with sa goons is super fun, everybody is very chill, and you will have so much more fun. I have 910 hours in Dominions 5 as of this post and probably 2 or 3 of them were spent playing single player just testing year 1 expansion. If you can do 1 ten minute turn every 25 hours, 1 30 minute turn every 36 hours, and 1 45 minute turn every 48 hours, you can successfully play 95% of goon games.

Try it you will enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Plus there's a cool bot. I could probably add 24 or 12 or 6 hours remaining reminders if there's enough demand.