Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

Squiggly posted:

I've made my arguments. I believe there is an upside to leaving the SK unlike almost every other scenario. Either way I believe some people's pushes are scummy so it'll give us something to talk about regardless

If you or someone else can outline a non batshit crazy plan that involves leaving the SK alive to not buttfuck us later, lemme hear it.

Otherwise it's like passing on 5k in cash being offered to you to go bet on "a sure thing" at the track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

LordNad posted:

If my claim was BS to you why didn't you have your "mason" cop me. I said machines so it's very clearly tech

Well I don't make their decisions for them... we do a little discussion so we're not investing the same person but that's about it.

I don't think your claim is entirely BS. You pretty clearly have some sort of tracker-type role... it's just not automatically Town, and I find the "needing people to say they went somewhere" part sounds like it could be made up.

LordNad posted:

Because you get role info... To see if there was anything to support his miller claim.

How the gently caress would Miller show up in a magic investigation? Based on my own role, passive stuff like Miller (or Mason, in my case) falls under Skill, which I can't investigate.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Anyway, obviously we have different ideas about the most useful way to use my power, but when I have an investigative role, I tend to use it on people I don't know anything about unless I have a compelling reason to do otherwise.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

xopods posted:

Well I don't make their decisions for them... we do a little discussion so we're not investing the same person but that's about it.

I don't think your claim is entirely BS. You pretty clearly have some sort of tracker-type role... it's just not automatically Town, and I find the "needing people to say they went somewhere" part sounds like it could be made up.

How the gently caress would Miller show up in a magic investigation? Based on my own role, passive stuff like Miller (or Mason, in my case) falls under Skill, which I can't investigate.

Tell your buddy to investigate me then.

You got all sorts of info from Jed about "The Priest" and killing and protection and what not and it's incomprehensible that the info you'd get from Squiggly would have any clues into his miller claim.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

I've played the role of SK and tried to pass it off as Night Vig and made it town "friendly." Even claimed I won with the town. Probably bought me a day or two before the town came to their senses and realized IF SOMEONE SAYS THEY'RE A SK, YOU LUNCH THEM MERCILESSLY.

The second is that I don't disbelieve the lover part. It's an interesting twist on it as it puts one town in their corner with vested interest in keeping them alive.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

LordNad posted:

Tell your buddy to investigate me then.

You got all sorts of info from Jed about "The Priest" and killing and protection and what not and it's incomprehensible that the info you'd get from Squiggly would have any clues into his miller claim.

Unfortunately, we're both out of charges. I started with three and there's a way I can get more but it hasn't been triggered yet.

My buddy recharges more easily but is also out right now. I'll ask if they mind if I say how they recharge.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

LordNad posted:

If you or someone else can outline a non batshit crazy plan that involves leaving the SK alive to not buttfuck us later, lemme hear it.

Otherwise it's like passing on 5k in cash being offered to you to go bet on "a sure thing" at the track.

We kill him tomorrow after making scum waste an action or get a cop result. It's a very finite timeline

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Spoonsy posted:

IF SOMEONE SAYS THEY'RE A SK, YOU LUNCH THEM MERCILESSLY

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Squiggly posted:

We kill him tomorrow after making scum waste an action or get a cop result. It's a very finite timeline

Yeah, I this isn't a "try to keep the SK on a leash" situation... we lunch Jed today, or we lunch Jed tomorrow. Just a matter of whether we think the potential upside of getting one more Sal result is worth the potential downside of giving them both one more night if it turns out they're lying about that part.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

xopods posted:

Unfortunately, we're both out of charges. I started with three and there's a way I can get more but it hasn't been triggered yet.

My buddy recharges more easily but is also out right now. I'll ask if they mind if I say how they recharge.

Who was your 3rd? Do they have any helpful results?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

xopods posted:

Okay, so yeah, my buddy recharges if we lunch non-Town. So that's another argument in favor of killing Jed today. It'd get us one more Tech investigation. (I think they should be able to use the charge right away if we lunch Jed but they're asking the mods right now for confirmation on that.)

I don't really know if Squiggly is the best use of it, but whatever, that's up to my buddy.

I guess if we're thinking about that the first thing to do is ask Squiggly what we should be seeing if we do that... based on my own role, if he recharges, it might be the case that Tech is the power and Magic charges it, or vice versa.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

xopods posted:

Okay, so yeah, my buddy recharges if we lunch non-Town. So that's another argument in favor of killing Jed today. It'd get us one more Tech investigation. (I think they should be able to use the charge right away if we lunch Jed but they're asking the mods right now for confirmation on that.)

To my mind, this completely blows away the argument that we should keep Sal alive: your power as claimed is more useful than an eccocop

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

LordNad posted:

Who was your 3rd? Do they have any helpful results?

My investigations were:

Dmboogie - Divine Protection, functioning as he has claimed
Voodoofly - No magic
Jed - GHOULS!!!

My buddy's investigations were all "No tech." First one was on merk. Not sure it's pro-Town to reveal who else doesn't have Tech, currently discussing that. They seem to think it's not worth it.

Btw, my buddy was also recruited into a separate masonry by Hambeet before Ham died, and Ham's N2 recruit is still alive, so there are at least two other people who can eventually confirm most of this... I don't think it's worth outing either of those people right now, but it should be pretty obvious that I'm not lying about all this because I would for sure be caught out once it's fullclaim o'clock.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Why do I have the feeling that one of those investigations was in me?

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

xopods posted:

I don't really know if Squiggly is the best use of it, but whatever, that's up to my buddy.

I guess if we're thinking about that the first thing to do is ask Squiggly what we should be seeing if we do that... based on my own role, if he recharges, it might be the case that Tech is the power and Magic charges it, or vice versa.

Sguiggs claimed and Jebus flipped with 2 charges. We've lunched 2 non town so he should have a charge to investigate me.

Why would doing the magic invest be up to your buddy?

So we take Squiggly's word over invest results?

Tech doesn't recharge, Magic does. It states that in the OP and Squiggly clearly stated in his claim how he recharged.

Your claim sucks and I'm more convinced I'm right you're scum.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Buddy has said that they agree with me that investigating Squiggly would be a waste of time, so that won't be their target if they do get a charge back due to lunching Jed or some other non-Town.

I guess investigating LordNad isn't the worst idea but overall we're both inclined to fill in unknowns rather than verify claims that have already been made. Unless an "either A or B is lying" kinda situation presents itself.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

xopods posted:

Buddy has said that they agree with me that investigating Squiggly would be a waste of time, so that won't be their target if they do get a charge back due to lunching Jed or some other non-Town.

I guess investigating LordNad isn't the worst idea but overall we're both inclined to fill in unknowns rather than verify claims that have already been made. Unless an "either A or B is lying" kinda situation presents itself.

Squiggly IS MAGIC. He claimed MAGIC.

You literally said my claim was BS to you. When you think a claim is BS you investigate it to verify or am I the only one that does this.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

LordNad posted:

Sguiggs claimed and Jebus flipped with 2 charges. We've lunched 2 non town so he should have a charge to investigate me.

Why would doing the magic invest be up to your buddy?

So we take Squiggly's word over invest results?

Tech doesn't recharge, Magic does. It states that in the OP and Squiggly clearly stated in his claim how he recharged.

Your claim sucks and I'm more convinced I'm right you're scum.

I don't understand what Jebus has to do with anything?

From what they have told me, my buddy started with one charge. Got one for us lunching Steak. One for us lunching Merk. So three charges total. They have made three investigations and now have zero.

If we lunch Jed or some other non-Town they will get one more charge and be able to investigate again.

My recharging works differently. I get charges back if people target me with Magic, but no one has done so yet.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

xopods posted:

I don't understand what Jebus has to do with anything?

From what they have told me, my buddy started with one charge. Got one for us lunching Steak. One for us lunching Merk. So three charges total. They have made three investigations and now have zero.

If we lunch Jed or some other non-Town they will get one more charge and be able to investigate again.

My recharging works differently. I get charges back if people target me with Magic, but no one has done so yet.

Squiggly claimed on D1 to start with 2 charges. Jebus is the only flipped MAGIC we've seen. He had 2 charges.

You claim to have 3. Your nearly Identical wizard cop buddy started with only 1?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

LordNad posted:

Squiggly IS MAGIC. He claimed MAGIC.

You literally said my claim was BS to you. When you think a claim is BS you investigate it to verify or am I the only one that does this.

I believe Squiggly's claim, so why would I investigate him?

I think some details of your claim are weird, but you claimed Tech, so that's my buddy's call.

Like, jesus, I'm sorry that our targets aren't exactly what you would have picked if you were both of us, but that's how this game goes.

My investigation has been confirmed by both Jed and Sal, and included details that they hadn't yet revealed. My masonry will eventually be confirmed once my buddy flips or claims... I don't know how you could possibly doubt my claim.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

LordNad posted:

Squiggly claimed on D1 to start with 2 charges. Jebus is the only flipped MAGIC we've seen. He had 2 charges.

You claim to have 3. Your nearly Identical wizard cop buddy started with only 1?

My power is Tech based, but I have Magic which produces more copies of the item (an "EMF Reader").

My buddy's power is Magic based.

And yeah, it's weird that we recharge differently and started with different charges. I don't know what to make of that.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

(In my case, I'm saying "charges" as shorthand for "number of the relevant item" but it's not magic charges. I started with 3 EMF readers, I have magic which produces more EMF readers and which gains charges to do that based on people targeting me with Magic).

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

SIIIIIIIIIIIGH. Now my buddy says they're not sure about their charge count and they might have one remaining even if we don't lunch non-Town today.

This is not great for me, given LordNad's doubts, but anyway, that's what they're saying. They're going to ask Amni now.

I can confirm that I personally have no EMF readers left and will not until someone targets me with magic.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

xopods posted:

I believe Squiggly's claim, so why would I investigate him?

I think some details of your claim are weird, but you claimed Tech, so that's my buddy's call.

Like, jesus, I'm sorry that our targets aren't exactly what you would have picked if you were both of us, but that's how this game goes.

My investigation has been confirmed by both Jed and Sal, and included details that they hadn't yet revealed. My masonry will eventually be confirmed once my buddy flips or claims... I don't know how you could possibly doubt my claim.

Because he claimed Miller. A very common scum claim. Because you're a specific role cop and he specifically claimed your flavor of copping Day 1. Yet rather than verify and be confident you are going to get results you branched out into the unknown.

Gosh you're right I should just take your claim at face value and believe you implicitly. Why wouldn't I trust someone who gave his scumread on someone who's been dead for 2 days? Or whose only results come from people who have claimed already?

The last time I didn't press the issue on someone whose claim I didn't like, it turned out to be the very scum who robbed me.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I use magic for people to talk at night

Miller is a skill. More like skill to to not die for it am I right

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

I use magic for people to talk at night

Miller is a skill. More like skill to to not die for it am I right

He didn't know that and it wasn't in your claim. All I'm saying is that if I am a rolecop who can ONLY cop MAGIC people, Day 1 the ONLY MAGIC claim is a miller... I'm gonna check it.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Plus does anyone else find it off that he's recharging a TECH ability with MAGIC? Every flip we've seen so far it's been a skill.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Xopodes, if you investigated Merk N1, why were you more suspicious of me D2?

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Maigius posted:

Xopodes, if you investigated Merk N1, why were you more suspicious of me D2?

He says Boogie was his N1

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

##unvote

I need to finish work this morning and this is absolutely the sort of day I'll get sucked in so I'm saying this now and going to do my absolute best not to open a drat browser again.

1. I'm almost certainly voting Jed.

2. If people want to convince me NOT to vote Jed you better have some REALLY GOOD ALTERNATE CANDIDATES!!! Everyone is saying "don't execute Jed wait until tomorrow" but nobody seems to have a better options. The only other votes right now are the drat SK and Sub Rosa who, quite frankly, would probably be my next vote at this point.

3. We need to execute Jed why waste a day if we don't have something better? I'd trade a cop for 1 scum in most games (it's what happens when cops come out all the time). I'd definitely trade a cop for an SK 1 for 1. And we don't even have a cop, we have an ecco cop that is a lover with an SK.

4. Out of pure self preservation I'd like to get rid of ghouls because I sure as hell don't want to die if I jail the SK tonight.

This was supposed to be like a ten word post.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

LordNad posted:

He didn't know that and it wasn't in your claim. All I'm saying is that if I am a rolecop who can ONLY cop MAGIC people, Day 1 the ONLY MAGIC claim is a miller... I'm gonna check it.

Jesus christ, MASON IS A SKILL FOR ME.

If Mason is a skill, then obviously Miller and any other passive, non-targeting role is going to be a skill. Seems obvious to me anyway.

My magic power doesn't target, it's true, but it exists only to replenish my tech items, which are the targeting part of my role.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

LordNad posted:

Man, I keep misreading the text of the claim.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

LordNad posted:

Merk was my buddy's N1.

My suspicion of Maigius was entirely due to his claim and behavior, nothing to do with night results.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

xopods posted:

The magic portion of Jed's role is more or less as he says: He gets a charge every time there's a lunch. Two charges he can send a ghoul to kill someone or protect either himself or "The Priest," who I guess is Sal. If his lover dies, he gets two charges with every lunch and must use them to kill.

Also gently caress that I'm not jailing Jed tonight.

My jail also recharges people. I've basically ignored that part because I was just using it as a jail. I don't know if Andy or Boogie can confirm that and I don't want them to confirm that because I'd rather them not explain if their roles use charges.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

xopods posted:

Jesus christ, MASON IS A SKILL FOR ME.

If Mason is a skill, then obviously Miller and any other passive, non-targeting role is going to be a skill. Seems obvious to me anyway.

My magic power doesn't target, it's true, but it exists only to replenish my tech items, which are the targeting part of my role.

Or put another way, Tech and Magic are both inherently limited powers... tech has a number of items, magic has charges. Skills are anything that's not limited, regardless of targeting.

It didn't even cross my mind that "Miller" is something I could potentially investigate, because it's clearly not something limited by charges/copies of an item.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

My jail also recharges people. I've basically ignored that part because I was just using it as a jail. I don't know if Andy or Boogie can confirm that and I don't want them to confirm that because I'd rather them not explain if their roles use charges.

Please take me into your sex dungeon.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

xopods posted:

Merk was my buddy's N1.

My suspicion of Maigius was entirely due to his claim and behavior, nothing to do with night results.

No big deal, I just failed to read. I was being hella suspicious D2.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

xopods posted:

Or put another way, Tech and Magic are both inherently limited powers... tech has a number of items, magic has charges. Skills are anything that's not limited, regardless of targeting.

It didn't even cross my mind that "Miller" is something I could potentially investigate, because it's clearly not something limited by charges/copies of an item.

So why did you case a guy who's been dead for 2 days if you haven't been lurking?

Who's the unconfirmed mason with your buddy?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Voodoofly posted:

Oh. You could jail me tonight then. If your jailing is magical I'd probably get two charges (one for your power, one for mine, being targeted by magic). I won't be going anywhere anyway, since I have nothing to do without an EMF Reader.

Since they're tech, I can also give out EMF Readers, but it takes an action to do so... I can't use one and give another away in the same night. Haven't done that so far in the name of expediency (and because I don't want to accidentally give one to scum), but if I did get a couple back I could give one away if that'd make Nad feel better. Although it might be easier for me to just investigate someone who hasn't claimed and hopefully provide some information they can confirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

LordNad posted:

So why did you case a guy who's been dead for 2 days if you haven't been lurking?

Who's the unconfirmed mason with your buddy?

Who did I case who's been dead?