Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Evil Fluffy posted:

Does this even do anything for charged techs? Because whether I'm timing to charge or just charging ASAP, I swear my charged techs do the same damage as a Force.

It absolutely does, especially when you learn the perfect attack tech boost skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Is techter supposed to play like a Force with melee capabilities? It sure seems like nobody wants my buffs so I might as well dunk meteors on dudes in between combos.

You’d think Techter would get PA for wand.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

jokes posted:

Is techter supposed to play like a Force with melee capabilities? It sure seems like nobody wants my buffs so I might as well dunk meteors on dudes in between combos.

You’d think Techter would get PA for wand.

It depends on your subclass. Techter/Hunter is 100% melee and buffs (techter buffs are very powerful and greatly appreciated!). Techter/Fighter uses melee for groups, but techs for bosses and such (and also buff, I cannot stress how good techter buffs are!)

Wand does eventually get a photon art, it came out in JP around episode 5, so we'll probably get it when we get to that point.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I want to see what the glory days of Techter/Bouncer were when the Wind masteries buffed Zanverse damage. That's apparently been nerfed really hard but the quick casting of all the support skills off of Jet Boots with Techter support buffs sounded like a hilariously in your face support class.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

orange juche posted:

Do you not have dive roll shoot on your Ranger? That comboed with the other skill that turns shots while dodging into normal bullets can help you regain PP with special ammo loaded. Also, ranger dodges left-right much faster than forward/back, so you can just chain dodge like that to get out of an AOE quickly if you need to. You should also be engaging from as far away as you can while doing Ranger things, as you don't get a dmg bonus for being in close.

I do have DRS (and Dive Roll Keep) but it feels really awkward to use, and so does stopping everything to throw a grenade to regenerate 20PP against a single target. It feels especially bad since I have to waste 20PP on a filler PA to trigger Standing Snipe if I don't want to just wait 1-1.5s to do anything every time I stop moving.

Even of I don't have aggro, bosses throw out enough AoE on higher difficulties that standing still to use either of the big PAs is impossible without Massive Hunter active (and I'm made of paper in SH at my level so bosses tend to hit for 2/3 of my HP so I can't exactly tank many hits with MH). Piercing Shot is just about my only decent "mobile" damage option, but only if it multi-hits, otherwise its damage per PP is abysmal (it doesn't help that it looks extremely uncool, either :v:).

Basically, the problem is that I'd rather play something mobile and up-close rather than a sniper that has to stand still at range. :(

And if I do any content with bots instead of players for any reason (wanting to run an exploration from the start to do client orders, or just no open parties for the mission I want to run), bots don't seem to ever get or hold aggro so keeping my distance is basically impossible, on top of the boss AoE problem.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bouncer/Techter using Niren Orochi (60% damage on breakable parts) made zanverse ticks stronger than the actual hits procing zanverse, during a time where the big important raid boss had a bunch of breakables that you went for. It was very stupid.

E: Also, ranger generates aggro like a motherfucker, for some reason. They can even pull it away for war cry-ing hunters (because war cry is very ineffective right now). If you wanted something mobile and up close, but didn't want the melee classes, I would suggest trying out gunner though. They're a secret primarily melee range class

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jun 9, 2020

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

jokes posted:

I loving love these big raid fights but SH has not been kind to 50-55s, and it kinda ruins the experience when they all keep dying and just abandon the quest while XH is a much smoother and better experience.
:hmmyes: level 50 is way too early for daily/weekly/tier ARKS missions to switch over to Super Hard.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
I've heard mixed info on this so asking here. What actually causes the element change to drop on a jet boot using bouncer? I've heard it is casting jetsweep kick but also heard its using your weapon action to change abilities is it one of those or both?.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Saagonsa posted:

E: Also, ranger generates aggro like a motherfucker, for some reason. They can even pull it away for war cry-ing hunters (because war cry is very ineffective right now). If you wanted something mobile and up close, but didn't want the melee classes, I would suggest trying out gunner though. They're a secret primarily melee range class

In all fairness, when the stars align and I get off two Positron Blasts on a long target followed by a Satellite Cannon to a weakpoint, that's a lot of burst damage. It's just a huge pain to make those conditions happen in an actual fight.

And yeah, I want to switch to Gunner, my problem is just that I need to get one class to 75 first. :cry:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Whee, reinstalling because the Windows Store is hot garbage that couldn't understand that it didn't need to reinstall the game when I bought a package for it.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Bruc posted:

I've heard mixed info on this so asking here. What actually causes the element change to drop on a jet boot using bouncer? I've heard it is casting jetsweep kick but also heard its using your weapon action to change abilities is it one of those or both?.

I've been playing bouncer for about 50 hours now, and I can say without a doubt that you drop your element ONLY when you use your weapon ability outside of chaining it with other moves. If you use the kick it drains all your focus/gear which negates your element, but as soon as you build it up a bit it goes right back to the element you were using before the kick.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Even of I don't have aggro, bosses throw out enough AoE on higher difficulties that standing still to use either of the big PAs is impossible without Massive Hunter active (and I'm made of paper in SH at my level so bosses tend to hit for 2/3 of my HP so I can't exactly tank many hits with MH). Piercing Shot is just about my only decent "mobile" damage option, but only if it multi-hits, otherwise its damage per PP is abysmal (it doesn't help that it looks extremely uncool, either :v:).

I mitigate this by having both auto-mate and Iron will on hunter subclass. Combined with good, upgraded armor and MH, I can just sit there and facetank most long-range SH boss hits while maximizing DPS.

I do have to do some moving around spamming steady shot while finding a good camping spot, but it’s definitely doable. Having aggro does decrease my DPS due to this, but that makes sense to me.

I enjoy the FPS mode shooting, though. If you don’t, Ranger is definitely not for you.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i think the usefulness of OTS mode is a bit overstated but in fights where your target ports everywhere and drops your lock like an rear end in a top hat being able to pivot and start wailing on them immediately is great

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Butt Discussin posted:

I mitigate this by having both auto-mate and Iron will on hunter subclass. Combined with good, upgraded armor and MH, I can just sit there and facetank most long-range SH boss hits while maximizing DPS.

I do have to do some moving around spamming steady shot while finding a good camping spot, but it’s definitely doable. Having aggro does decrease my DPS due to this, but that makes sense to me.

I enjoy the FPS mode shooting, though. If you don’t, Ranger is definitely not for you.

Yeah, I dumped all my points into Fury Stance for more DPS. If they drop respec passes in the near-future, I'll take that opportunity to shift some points out of Fury Stance skills and into Auto-Mate at minimum.

The TPS controls aren't an issue on PC and work quite well, in my experience.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

CYBEReris posted:

i think the usefulness of OTS mode is a bit overstated but in fights where your target ports everywhere and drops your lock like an rear end in a top hat being able to pivot and start wailing on them immediately is great

I feel like maybe 70% lock on, 30% OTS would be optimal, as some weak spots don’t seem to have lock on points, but i tend to spend more time actually aiming than would be best simply because it’s more fun, at least on mouse/keyboard.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'd just kill for Chain trigger to just apply to a boss instead of an individual weak point.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I'm not fond of how I can target, say, a boss's face, and then it breaks their armor and loses my lock and then I have to lock onto the exact same spot again.

edit: while I'm here what PAs should I be using as a Ranger?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Zereth posted:

I'm not fond of how I can target, say, a boss's face, and then it breaks their armor and loses my lock and then I have to lock onto the exact same spot again.

dress up like a cowboy and exclusively use Rocket Rodeo

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
So if I'm understanding Jet Boot Bouncer correctly from what I've read so far, if I want to drop an applied element in order to utilize my weapon's base element, the base way to do so is to just dodge using the weapon action?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Hyper Inferno posted:

So if I'm understanding Jet Boot Bouncer correctly from what I've read so far, if I want to drop an applied element in order to utilize my weapon's base element, the base way to do so is to just dodge using the weapon action?

Or you can charge a Technique of the new element you want to use - which could be your weapon’s element.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Hyper Inferno posted:

That's correct, just do the plain weapon action "hop". I always use Light as my base element because Falz minions seem the most common and corrupted enemies with an added Light weakness seem to show up later in the level, so it's usually the lease amount of controller fiddling to do it that way.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

My Force uses a set corresponding to the good spells of each element and it’s almost always sitting on light, fire, or dark. I just can’t imagine relying on anything else for a weapon.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
There are spells other than Gizonde? :confused:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Butt Discussin posted:

I feel like maybe 70% lock on, 30% OTS would be optimal, as some weak spots don’t seem to have lock on points, but i tend to spend more time actually aiming than would be best simply because it’s more fun, at least on mouse/keyboard.

Between launcher mobbing and aiming Piercing/Positron to multi-hit on bosses, I probably spend 90% of my time in OTS.

Zereth posted:

This is a good resource: https://somethingaboutlagging.wordpress.com/photon-arts/

Rifle: Piercing Round for spammable burst DPS on fat enemies or to trigger midair Standing Snipe (until crafting is finally in and we can use Slideburst T0 instead), Positron Blast/Satellite Cannon for boss damage (against fat/non-fat targets respectively), Impact Slider because it's our only mobility option until Slideburst T0. Steady Shot is generally solid for outputting damage on a single target while moving, too.

Launcher: Divine Launcher for burst damage. Triple Shot for general use (it's similar damage for half the PP cost, just takes much longer to come out). Cosmos Breaker is fire-and-forget AoE (roll to cancel the recovery animation) that can stunlock enemies. Rodeo Drive T0 will be our mobility tool once that's in.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 10, 2020

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Butt Discussin posted:

I was googling about units and I found this reddit thread talking about the Brissa set. I decided to spend my Rising Weapon Badges on two pieces and I bought the third piece for a little under 3 million meseta.

These give a big chunk of HP and 9% to all resistances from the set. It feels like a hefty amount of survivability, but I have yet to try Ultimate Quests. I've been able to live through shots from everything I've encountered in Extremely Hard quests so far, though I am quick to cast Resta.

For everyone who's not at end game, if you feel like you're getting one shot a lot, you can get the Sub / Weapon Barrier unit from Cofy immediately after creating a new character and talking to Afin.

I sold this on my first character without realizing how good it was. Make three characters and pick up three of these, and you will have an extra 450 hp, plus 6% resistances to each element. You can enhance them to +10 for cheap as well. Grab a guts drink in the drop ship before your quest to add even more HP and you'll probably feel a lot less squishy.

e: to put in perspective- here's my newly created alt's hp without the units on

with 3 Sub / Weapon Barriers equipped

with guts drink ZX (1200 meseta)

I'm not a math guy but that's a ton of HP!

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 9, 2020

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Plasbad posted:

I've been playing bouncer for about 50 hours now, and I can say without a doubt that you drop your element ONLY when you use your weapon ability outside of chaining it with other moves. If you use the kick it drains all your focus/gear which negates your element, but as soon as you build it up a bit it goes right back to the element you were using before the kick.

Thanks a ton, this is exactly what I needed to hear. I was dreading having to potentially hardcast spells constantly.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

Rainuwastaken posted:

There are spells other than Gizonde? :confused:

Of course there are! There's Sazonde to make your Gizonde hit harder!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Lemon-Lime posted:

Between launcher mobbing and aiming Piercing/Positron to multi-hit on bosses, I probably spend 90% of my time in OTS.

This is a good resource: https://somethingaboutlagging.wordpress.com/photon-arts/

Rifle: Piercing Round for spammable burst DPS on fat enemies or to trigger midair Standing Snipe (until crafting is finally in and we can use Slideburst T0 instead), Positron Blast/Satellite Cannon for boss damage (against fat/non-fat targets respectively), Impact Slider because it's our only mobility option until Slideburst T0. Steady Shot is generally solid for outputting damage on a single target whole moving, too.

Launcher: Divine Launcher for burst damage. Triple Shot for general use (it's similar damage for half the PP cost, just takes much longer to come out). Cosmos Breaker is fire-and-forget AoE (roll to cancel the recovery animation) that can stunlock enemies. Rodeo Drive T0 will be our mobility tool once that's in.
Oh, thanks!

Looks like the rockbear in the DPS test isn't fat or stationary enough for my ol' reliable Steady Shot to not out-dps them but I can see how they'd do better against something with a lot of individual hit areas or such

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

LightningSquid posted:

Of course there are! There's Sazonde to make your Gizonde hit harder!

Ugh, who has the time?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
If you were curious about PA damage and DPS, I found this excellent doc that lists every PA's relative damage as well as the time it takes to do it for a DPS number. So for raw damage comparisons, this is probably a good start to look into which PAs are worth using:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uhbjyBlkBzXlivMemKOUTzNV04ko8-DNebMKt4F04BI/edit#gid=1225192329

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Does anyone have any idea why I wouldn't be able to accept this? I'm at Prin and I've tried clicking on the cookie and on the egg but there's no response. I want my egg :(

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

LightningSquid posted:

Does anyone have any idea why I wouldn't be able to accept this? I'm at Prin and I've tried clicking on the cookie and on the egg but there's no response. I want my egg :(

You have to do the objective that raises the cookie's bar one more time once it gets to 100% in order for it to drop, at which point you'll get the egg.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I want to be mad but that's an extremely PSO2 thing to make me do. Thank you for answering so quick, haha.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hyper Inferno posted:

If you were curious about PA damage and DPS, I found this excellent doc that lists every PA's relative damage as well as the time it takes to do it for a DPS number. So for raw damage comparisons, this is probably a good start to look into which PAs are worth using:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uhbjyBlkBzXlivMemKOUTzNV04ko8-DNebMKt4F04BI/edit#gid=1225192329

I don’t, uh, know what to do here. Should I use trick rave or not? It’s very fancy looking.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hyper Inferno posted:

Hm. This doesn't seem to take into account "running out of PP and needing to recover it through basic attacks or something" though so maybe not fully charging positron blast isn't the best move despite having higher DPS

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah DPS is just calculated by taking the effective damage notation of an attack, dividing it by the number of frames between when you start the attack and when you can Perfect Attack again, and then multiplying that number by 60. It's not gonna tell you what to use in 100% of dynamic situations or anything. Just a good tool to keep in mind when deciding what attacks to use where.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
So I finally got to 75/75 TeFi, and made a fun discovery: Because of their ludicrously high dex requirement, it's actually impossible to equip the Nemesis/Slave wands without either a dex subclass, class boosts, or putting dex on your mag.

(This screenshot is with a Cast's dex stat.)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zereth posted:

Oh, thanks!

Looks like the rockbear in the DPS test isn't fat or stationary enough for my ol' reliable Steady Shot to not out-dps them but I can see how they'd do better against something with a lot of individual hit areas or such

You need two hits for Piercing to really be worth using for DPS, and rockbears are too small for that unless lying down, IIRC. Otherwise, just get a quick one off so you're still in the air long enough for Standing Snipe to proc, then use fully charged Positron/Satellite.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Saigyouji posted:

So I finally got to 75/75 TeFi, and made a fun discovery: Because of their ludicrously high dex requirement, it's actually impossible to equip the Nemesis/Slave wands without either a dex subclass, class boosts, or putting dex on your mag.

(This screenshot is with a Cast's dex stat.)

This is because the original nemesis/slave weapons used attack stats stats but the NA server ported over the NT versions of the weapon series, which were made much later and as a result, for a higher level cap then NA has now.

In addition to that, the original nemesis weapons had less stats and thier special ability only did extra damage to falspawn, while the NT verison has 200 more mel and tec , its special ability does more damage, and it does it to everything, not just falspawn. If that is exactly the same in NA , this weapon is hilariously overpowered for level 75 content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I'm seeing some Sonic-related stuff in the player shops that I don't think was there earlier, like an Eggman mask and music like Escape from the City. They're not on any scratch cards or the Sonic colab pack, where are they coming from? Or maybe I just missed them this whole time