Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

priznat posted:

Yeah hardcore shipment can have moments of just pure gaming bliss and it is pretty addictive, I find. Sometimes anyway. Other times it’s just “gently caress this poo poo!!”

So far the only thing I really dislike is ground war especially on the farm map. I just get sniped constantly and it’s annoying as hell.

Yeah that mode/map combo is pure misery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The best skin is the goofy Russian guy in the track suit you get right at the start

e although for some reason I can't explain, getting killed by the guys in the ghillie suits makes me really mad every time, so that might be a good one too

Theophany posted:

Yeah that mode/map combo is pure misery

Ground war overall is pretty disappointing, at first I was excited it seemed like they shoehorned a while battlefield game into just one extra mode, but the lack of squad selection and vehicle spawning shows things down a lot. Plus, even in HC you should at least get a map with a compass, just hide the enemy locations

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 9, 2020

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Theophany posted:

It takes a special kind of hosed up brain to enjoy. I feel you brother.

I like it because it’s not serious at all. Just W+M1 all match with music on, or try some stupid gimmick build. Nobody cares about the score because it’s just random carnage and farming

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Fart Car '97 posted:

Nobody cares about Ground War builds because it's a bad mode nobody plays

lol ground war builds probably involve being lame as gently caress while finding creative ways to minimize scope glint

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

skooma512 posted:

I like it because it’s not serious at all. Just W+M1 all match with music on, or try some stupid gimmick build. Nobody cares about the score because it’s just random carnage and farming

I love using akimbo renettis in that mode and hunt the player who always moans "wowwwww..." or "oh my god" every time in death mic

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Statutory Ape posted:

lol ground war builds probably involve being lame as gently caress while finding creative ways to minimize scope glint

It’s actually learning where all the good sniping spots are then learning the furthest/safest spots you can JOKR them from.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Statutory Ape posted:

I enjoyed it at first because it hit the nostalgia for Red October and BF2.

Then I realized it's a silly game of whack-a-mole in the middle of the shittiest sniper camp fest.

More cover, less elevation, longer spawn times, and pre-defined classes with # limits might help save it, but it is unfun in its current iteration.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I really enjoyed boneyard when it was boots on the ground war, now that the IFVs are back yuck.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Alright I think I'm gonna buy this silly game, what's the favorite key site these days to get the cheapest edition of this game there is?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Inspector Hound posted:

The best skin is the goofy Russian guy in the track suit you get right at the start

e although for some reason I can't explain, getting killed by the guys in the ghillie suits makes me really mad every time, so that might be a good one too

Ground war overall is pretty disappointing, at first I was excited it seemed like they shoehorned a while battlefield game into just one extra mode, but the lack of squad selection and vehicle spawning shows things down a lot. Plus, even in HC you should at least get a map with a compass, just hide the enemy locations

Grinch and Mace are hands down the dopest operators for Allegiance. It's like they phoned in all the others.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

skooma512 posted:

It's purely for popping a weapon XP boost and leveling poo poo since I really only started playing MP recently. Sometimes you just have to laugh as you spawn and die repeatedly before you can even get your bearings

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yah if u get mad about dying repeatedly in shipment should probably chillax

In shipment hardcore I die so much from TKs alone, I once tk’d with a throwing knife when a guy ran in front of me just as I threw it.

And now I just fling c4 all over and blow em.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

priznat posted:

Yah if u get mad about dying repeatedly in shipment should probably chillax

In shipment hardcore I die so much from TKs alone, I once tk’d with a throwing knife when a guy ran in front of me just as I threw it.

And now I just fling c4 all over and blow em.

Throw stun grenades as soon as you spawn just to piss the other team's players off. The hate gives me a supreme hard on.

And yes, I am seeking therapy.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Theophany posted:

Throw stun grenades as soon as you spawn just to piss the other team's players off. The hate gives me a supreme hard on.

And yes, I am seeking therapy.

Hell yeah I fling stuns or flash too, whatever happens to be in my loadout. I know I’m gonna die in 10seconds or less so it’s like a freakin yard sale.

I think I stun my teammates too lol oh well

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

priznat posted:

Hell yeah I fling stuns or flash too, whatever happens to be in my loadout. I know I’m gonna die in 10seconds or less so it’s like a freakin yard sale.

I think I stun my teammates too lol oh well

I'm gonna die because I'm jackin it to being screamed at by the person who just died WHY AM I SO BROKEN

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

jisforjosh posted:

shipment is cancer but I can't stop

Shipment is the greatest map once you free yourself from the shackles of the K/d ratio. It's like a broken slot machine that rolls low payout winning combos way more often than it should. Nothing matters, you hurl bullets and your soul into the void, and in repayment you get sweet sweet camo's and that hit marker sound.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

sinburger posted:

Shipment is the greatest map once you free yourself from the shackles of the K/d ratio. It's like a broken slot machine that rolls low payout winning combos way more often than it should. Nothing matters, you hurl bullets and your soul into the void, and in repayment you get sweet sweet camo's and that hit marker sound.

Oh god that hit marker sound can I make it my ringtone already

thupthupthupthupthupthup

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What's this about death mics - I haven't noticed them although I only play F2P Warzone (PC) and am very bad at it. Although today we came 8th and I was the last one left on my team which I think is a personal record.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Theophany posted:

Grinch and Mace are hands down the dopest operators for Allegiance. It's like they phoned in all the others.

i like the iraqanistani-russian love child lady with the head scarf

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Talon and Syd are my go tos, although using Alex right now to do a mission.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yegor and Alex all day every day

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
You’re a saint, thank you. I need to pop some x2 xp tokens on this thing.

Cluster strikes in hardcore shipment will never not be funny. Spawning and then getting launched from all the tk’s.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Owlbear Camus posted:

i like the iraqanistani-russian love child lady with the head scarf

She looks like Kate Mulgrew to me from her Capt Janeway days

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Everyone wants to ride when raines gets a hold of a golf cart

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Just started playing Warzone on PC. What the hell is the setting that's making everything look so blurry outside of 5 feet? I've got a pretty solid gaming rig and I've got most settings on real high. I've turned of film grain so I know it's not that.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
oh good warzone caused my ps4 pro to overheat and shut down twice so i got fed up and left it for two days

now the loving console wont boot up and needs its idiot ps4 firmgarbage reloaded like im some sort of god drat computer user who has nothing better to do than troubleshoot and redownload 2tb of video games

i am LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW. i dont know if i should be mad at activision for making pos software that breaks consoles or mad at sony for making consoles that break

anyway that was my rant dont forget to subscribe and hit the bell

Orv
May 4, 2011

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Just started playing Warzone on PC. What the hell is the setting that's making everything look so blurry outside of 5 feet? I've got a pretty solid gaming rig and I've got most settings on real high. I've turned of film grain so I know it's not that.

Depth of field or render resolution. Warzone apparently has some problems listening to your settings and can frequently reset or randomly change them on startup so have a look that you're not at 50% render res for some reason.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

Orv posted:

Depth of field or render resolution. Warzone apparently has some problems listening to your settings and can frequently reset or randomly change them on startup so have a look that you're not at 50% render res for some reason.

I actually came back to post just that. I didn't realize it was defaulted to 50%

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah render resolution changes to 50% every time I go from windowed to fullscreen, it's kinda annoying. Really great for performance but it does make it look like there's vaseline all over the screen or maybe your character forgot their glasses.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I go with 80% render res and it looks good and is smooth but I have an ultrawide at 3440x1440 which is pretty taxing even on an i7-8700K and rtx 2070.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

150% render rez all day its only a 1080p screen, ok

literally shaking rn at people who don't do that

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

1080p in 2020 lol.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I get ~90 fps on 1440p max graphics, with an RTX 2080 and Ryzen 7 3700x. Cranking it up to 150% res brings me down to a nice even 60. The game is remarkably well optimized from my experience but it has a habit of crashing if you have anything else open like a streaming program or music player a la Spotify. I fixed that by cranking the game's process priority to high in task manager though. Everyone's pc is different but I encourage you to try that if you have stuttering problems.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah I find it runs best after a clean reboot for sure.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
All I've noticed performance wise is that for some reason the pre-match freecam zoom thing (before you pick a loadout) starts to run worse and worse the longer you play. After two or three hours that little 10 seconds drops down to sub 20 frames for me and then rockets back to normal. God help me if I join a match in progress lol.

edit: Also I recommend you turn off shadow/lighting RAM cache unless you've got like 32gb of RAM. This is like the only game I've ever played that will legit use all of the available cache you have, on the one hand it's really cool but on the other if I do that and also have Firefox open I get like 40fps.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

u brexit ukip it posted:

What's this about death mics - I haven't noticed them although I only play F2P Warzone (PC) and am very bad at it. Although today we came 8th and I was the last one left on my team which I think is a personal record.

When you kill someone it turns their mic on for a second so you can hear their reaction. It won't work if they have push-to-talk enabled, don't have a mic, or you haven't killed anyone.

sinburger fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 10, 2020

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I turned on voice chat in core mp and got a lot of stoner chat so turned it off again but warzone might be more interesting.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

CJacobs posted:

I get ~90 fps on 1440p max graphics, with an RTX 2080 and Ryzen 7 3700x. Cranking it up to 150% res brings me down to a nice even 60. The game is remarkably well optimized from my experience but it has a habit of crashing if you have anything else open like a streaming program or music player a la Spotify. I fixed that by cranking the game's process priority to high in task manager though. Everyone's pc is different but I encourage you to try that if you have stuttering problems.

Jeez. I know I have an actual processor but I get well into 100 with a 2080.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Recently I got to play the game on a 2080ti briefly (before it broke) and it was wild to be able to play in 4k with 80+ fps. I wouldn't recommend it though, at that point you're seeing the individual pores on people's faces and that's like those high quality renders of Mario where you can see his mustache hair fibers and it's icky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Warzone kicked my goddamn rear end today gently caress lol