Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

I was mostly with you but crisps chat is the devil

I agree, I was trying to say "I'll defend UKMT even with its bad crisp chat" but failed :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

the predator biceps meme with JOHN CENA and K-POP BAND with BLACK LIVES MATTER in the middle

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thank you all for reminding me of the only good wrestler actors! Those are some solid choices. My brain wouldn't allow itself to think outside of the current/recent WWE-related trash.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Big Donation Match John

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

projecthalaxy posted:

For some inexplicable reason my brain autocompleted Big Dave to Meltzer instead of Batista for a minute and I wondered if I had missed something beautiful

Deckard: Mr. Tyrell are you even trying anymore? I was able to figure out he was a Replicant in like 30 seconds.
Tyrell: :laugh:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Was this Cena or a mind controlled funhouse Cena?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

D&D posters put Rollins and Ricochet to shame.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

For some inexplicable reason my brain autocompleted Big Dave to Meltzer instead of Batista for a minute and I wondered if I had missed something beautiful

"All these, these uhhhh.... moments... you know you've got these moments and it's like... these moments were... you know, you know, the moments were... lemme see here...uhhh you know, funny story, I interviewed Baba in the 80s at the Budokan... but like *4 minutes of coughing* so anyway, the moments were lost in time, OK? Like uh... what was it *10 minutes of loud keyboard noises* lemme see here... like uhhh... it was... I should have my notes here... they're pretty hot on tears in the rain right now, I have been told."

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

one sec I'm gonna go write a screenplay because apparently you can just name your bad guy Darius Grouch

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I know if ratings and thread reaction are to be judged I'm the literal only person on earth besides Vince who enjoys the Vikings vs Street Profits but I am glad they're still going.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

"All these, these uhhhh.... moments... you know you've got these moments and it's like... these moments were... you know, you know, the moments were... lemme see here...uhhh you know, funny story, I interviewed Baba in the 80s at the Budokan... but like *4 minutes of coughing* so anyway, the moments were lost in time, OK? Like uh... what was it *10 minutes of loud keyboard noises* lemme see here... like uhhh... it was... I should have my notes here... they're pretty hot on tears in the rain right now, I have been told."

lmao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Jesse Ventura in Predator is the stuff of legends

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Rick posted:

I know if ratings and thread reaction are to be judged I'm the literal only person on earth besides Vince who enjoys the Vikings vs Street Profits but I am glad they're still going.

I mean call me crazy but i'm actually a big fan of wrestlers.....wrestling.

It's not like the tag division is exactly bloated.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
sheamus vs claudio in their epic best of 7 series except they just played a bunch of hockey for some fuckin reason

still ends in a tie

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

BrigadierSensible posted:

Edge and Christian had a brief feud. It was largely forgettable, in my opinion, apart from a cage match they had at a PPV where, if I remember rightly, Edge tied or handcuffed Christian to the cage and had him hanging upside down.

I think this is because at the time, WWE saw Edge clearly as the Shawn of the team and Christian the Janetty. So they had a perfunctory feud, and quickly set about moving Christian down the card.

But I always liked Christian more than Edge. I think partly coz I am a contrarian, and could see how hard they were pushing Edge, whist de-pushing the funnier, cooler one with the sillier sunglasses. SO I decided to barrack for Christian.

It was such a WWE move. This is what they want and by gawd they will move heaven and earth to get it over. I loved them both as a tag team, but it was so baffling when Christian was de-pushed and Edge got pretty much the heel version of a John Cena push. Edge was just everywhere, banging girls in the middle of the ring, while Christian is, apparently, ugly and gross. Christian was definitely the better worker and the fans loved him. But it was just squandered because... reasons? Of all of Vince's weird unexplainable grudges, the one against Christian is one of the weirdest. It was so bizarre to watch WWE try so hard to make us believe Christian was ugly. My girlfriend at the time thought the Hardys and Edge and Christian were the hottest people on the planet. But I guess he didn't get Vince turned on or something.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Dell_Zincht posted:

I mean call me crazy but i'm actually a big fan of wrestlers.....wrestling.

It's not like the tag division is exactly bloated.

It was a fun angle when it was MVP heelishly trying to distract Matt Hardy from challenging for his US title in 2007 but it sounds like War Machine and the Street Profits have no actual reason to be doing this and are literally just filling time by filming fun vignettes.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Thank you all for reminding me of the only good wrestler actors! Those are some solid choices. My brain wouldn't allow itself to think outside of the current/recent WWE-related trash.

Bam Bam was not terrible in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVR3qR-la_U

Wow, Damon Wayans' voice is way worse than I remember.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1270504076573315079

no wonder seth loved cross fit.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I have no clue how well this did but the promoted main event of Survivor series 92 was Flair/Ramon vs Savage/Warrior. That match was the selling point for the show. Bret vs Shawn was originally for the IC title but became for the world title after Bret became champ.

I mainly remember being pissed and confused at that PPV because they ditched the standard survivor series matches for it.

That reminds me of the Summerslam that year when they wanted Warrior to turn heel, but he didn't want to, and then it's showtime and no one seemed to know what was happening. Even as a kid I was very confused. It was like a match with 30 angles and none of them had a pay-off.

Then Bret dragged a hung over Bulldog to a great match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

King Kong Bundy ruled in Moving, which is an underrated movie.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Red posted:

Bam Bam was not terrible in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVR3qR-la_U

Wow, Damon Wayans' voice is way worse than I remember.

I'm pretty sure Bam Bam dies in this movie by pissing into an electrified toilet.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'm pretty sure Bam Bam dies in this movie by pissing into an electrified toilet.

that's also how he died in real life

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Seth Rollins posted:

that's also how he died in real life

No he died trying to put out a fire with his piss.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he is still alive, and he's going to throw seth rollins out of the 2021 royal rumble.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

wm 2021 is gonna be headlined by Bam Bam v Lawrence Taylor billed as once in a life time.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Cavauro posted:

he is still alive, and he's going to throw seth rollins out of the 2021 royal rumble.

For real?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Croc posted:

wm 2021 is gonna be headlined by Bam Bam v Lawrence Taylor billed as once in a life time.

Shawn Michaels calls Vince at 4am and tells him he's not feeling it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

OctoberCountry posted:

Now I want to hear audio of Bryan giving Dave the Voight-Kampff test

"Well, look, it's like, you know it is what it is. Should the turtle be flipped over? I mean, you've gotta understand the mentality. I don't really understand the idea of why you would do it, but I get it. The turtle needs to be flipped over. I mean, I get it, but... look, I've talked to a lot of guys there and they believe the turtle needs to be flipped over. I'm not sure it's the right move, but you know, it is what it is. That's what they do. They flip over the turtle. So at the end of the day is it a good move? Time will tell. I personally wouldn't have chosen to flip the turtle over, but there's a lot of moving parts to this and who knows, it might work. I don't think it will work in the long term, probably not good for people or the turtle, but we'll have to see."

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Replicant Dave Meltzer is my new favourite character

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's unfair. Dave would absolutely flip the turtle back over so it wasn't baking in the sun, and he'd say it was stupid and heartless and evil to ever consider not doing that. Then he'd remember multiple stories of wrestlers he liked back in the 70s and 80s leaving turtles to bake in the sun and get really sad.

:smith:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Jerusalem posted:

That's unfair. Dave would absolutely flip the turtle back over so it wasn't baking in the sun, and he'd say it was stupid and heartless and evil to ever consider not doing that. Then he'd remember multiple stories of wrestlers he liked back in the 70s and 80s leaving turtles to bake in the sun and get really sad.

:smith:

lol, yes.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

An Taoiseach posted:

For me the dip kind started with Balor, but jesus the above just killed any enthusiasm I had. By the time I tempted to tune back in, we were very much in the Millions of Kickouts era

Man, was I the only one who liked Roode's reign? He felt like a breath of fresh air after the Balor/Joe/Shinsuke trifecta of succ main events.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Do not even ask posted:

Man, was I the only one who liked Roode's reign? He felt like a breath of fresh air after the Balor/Joe/Shinsuke trifecta of succ main events.

I always found Roode a little dull outside of his great entrance, but I was always pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed his Takeover matches. He fell completely flat on the main roster after his initial call-up though, and I don't necessarily blame him since it's the promotion's job to find ways to enhance his presentation.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I thought the idea of him teaming up with Gable was kinda cute, but that was a tag team so it was never going to amount to much.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

An Taoiseach posted:

For me the dip kind started with Balor, but jesus the above just killed any enthusiasm I had. By the time I tempted to tune back in, we were very much in the Millions of Kickouts era

I remember being amazed at how lovely they were at building Bobby Roode. There was a story there about how he got consistently lucky to win (but they never actually told it). He only got interesting in his feud with Roderick Strong, and then suddenly lost to Drew.

He truly was only entrance over.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Roddy Piper is great in They Live, and the wrestlers felt way more natural in the Longest Yard than loving D12 did. That's not a serious role, just me complaining.

Kelsey Grammer has some absolutely horrible views but when your father gets murdered, your sister also gets murdered, and your two half brothers die in a bizarre scuba accident, I think it's okay to feel a little bad for him.

I love reading these threads and seeing everyone's reactions to the crazy nonsense the WWE does, thanks for the entertainment!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Do not even ask posted:

To me he was stale air. Triple H style and pace, surrounded by and beating all these upcoming stars.

Jerusalem posted:

I always found Roode a little dull outside of his great entrance, but I was always pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed his Takeover matches. He fell completely flat on the main roster after his initial call-up though, and I don't necessarily blame him since it's the promotion's job to find ways to enhance his presentation.

Quick, name an interesting feud he's had. A cool character trait. What has set him apart on the main roster?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Wazzu posted:

Quick, name an interesting feud he's had. A cool character trait. What has set him apart on the main roster?

His mustache! Or does he have a beard?

His last name is similar to Rude, which is cool.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
lol when they rebranded him Robert Roode and gave him a mustache

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Hirez posted:

He's tried to be called Robert and not Bobby multiple times and it keeps failing. Bobby Roode and Bobby Lashley still been Bobby in their 40s will never not be hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Hirez posted:

I'm pretty sure that lasted a whole week before he had the beard back presumably because he said "gently caress this poo poo"