Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

H2SO4 posted:

If it's one of the blades then you probably have a bad sequencer kit. The only other failure I see with taillights is when you use lovely switchbacks on the front turn signals the rear light goes out completely.
Im sorry, what do you mean blades? Is that what they call the 3 separate tail lights? Yeah its the passenger side innermost. Everything else works, I dont have any other lights out on the front either. I just have a plug and play kit and I dont remember seeing much besides wrapped up wires so I dont even know what to look at to fix.

Also was NOT expecting to see my iac look like this. That sucker is cleaaaan.

Trying to diagnose my "stalls when I have air conditioning on and brake and clutch in at the same time". It happened in my old mustang too so Im hoping I can figure out an issue that isnt just "lol ford". My mach 1 came with a bama tuner but apparently they lock out the adjustable options like rpm speed so I cant just adjust it there.

And I know its not a good fix and that the problem should be fixed at the source but if this is my throttle stop how is one supposed to adjust it? Is this PO fuckery and they just snapped a head off??? I was expecting a hex bolt on the right side to adjust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Lets look at the IAC again. the thing may be clean but the solenoid may be broken.
try these things out https://www.wikihow.com/Check-an-Idle-Air-Control-Valve. (check out the ford multimeter part)

Also do you get any codes?

If everything checks out, it could be the AC compressor is failing. When the engine is idling and the AC is on, the compressor may be binding and the low RPM's are stopping the pulleys from moving properly.

If the car has been fine up until now, I would leave the throttle alone. I dont think its the issue.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Once every two weeks Ill get "P0506: Idle Air Control System RPM Lower Than Expected" but it will go away on its own after a few days, this happens without using the air conditioning. Also whenever I start it cold I always have to give it a small amount of gas or it'll stall. Ill test the resistance later thanks for the tip!

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Instead of the Ford tune I'm thinking of spending the same money on 4.09 gears. I have 3.73's now but Ford changed the gearing in the manual for 18+ so its much taller than 15-17, this would bring it back in line with the previous gearing and gain a little snap off the line and torque down low. Going to call around and get quotes for the install, and maybe pull the diff myself to save some cash on labor.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

opengl128 posted:

Instead of the Ford tune I'm thinking of spending the same money on 4.09 gears. I have 3.73's now but Ford changed the gearing in the manual for 18+ so its much taller than 15-17, this would bring it back in line with the previous gearing and gain a little snap off the line and torque down low. Going to call around and get quotes for the install, and maybe pull the diff myself to save some cash on labor.

Curious as to what it costs in your area to have it done.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Bob Morales posted:

Curious as to what it costs in your area to have it done.

I'll report back once I get some quotes. First speed shop says they don't do rear end internals but gave me the info of another shop who does.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Are Mustangs still using an 8.8 center section? There's got to be plenty of shops that will work on those, including offroad shops (even if they're used to working on the solid axle version).

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

Are Mustangs still using an 8.8 center section? There's got to be plenty of shops that will work on those, including offroad shops (even if they're used to working on the solid axle version).

Yeah, they call it the Super 8.8 now. Didn't know how similar it was internally to the old 8.8's.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Every time I look at gears it’s so goddamn expensive it only makes sense if you’re doing something radical like going from 3.31 to 4.56s or some poo poo and I also worry about it getting installed by Goober that’s usually in charge of oil changes and doesn’t know what backlash is

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 5, 2020

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I had a set of 3.73s installed and the gear whine was really bad. I lived with it for 2 years, and then I was like screw this, and I bought another ring set, but I upgraded the differential, axles, and well totally rebuilt the rear end. It was about 1100 for all the parts and 5 or 600 for the install and was totally worth it. Especially when you floor it and both wheels hook.

Now to talk about my car. For years I had a small crack in the cowl vent it was barely noticeable, but it annoyed me. This year I decided I would try a carbon fiber cowl vent as it was only $50 more expensive than stock OEM, and there was free shipping (normally its absurdly expensive)

It looks ok but it needed a lot of massaging to fit, and even then the clip/tab things are not evenly spaced out in factory locations so I have a little bit of panel gap. I dont really want to mess with it any more, because I am worried I will snap it. Also carbon fiber doesnt flex at all so I had to remove the hood and a-pillars which was a pain in the butt.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Looks slick kalvick!

I think I fixed my idle problem. I checked my resistance in the iac first and found it was smack in the middle at 10. Looked at the tb and :eyepop:

Cleaned it, started it up and instantly the idle was higher than before, with the ac on it was around 900 where it used to drop to 550 or so.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Cage, its time to buy an oil catch can! how is your air filter?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Rumors put the upcoming Mach 1 at 525 hp. I want one.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I just made the best decision to come out of my brain in a while. Picking it up Wednesday.

Only 6000 miles on it. Took the extended 7yr warranty as well.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Jealous level 100

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Flippin nice! Love that color combo.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Digital_Jesus posted:

E: Cage lets meet up you can actually see this one.

E2:
You can still make this right. :v:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Cage posted:

You can still make this right. :v:

LOL I was wondering if you were going to snipe that out.

Also I believe BBJ and I had a "If I buy a GT350" thing as well.

E: He did

Buhbuhj posted:

If you get a gt350 I'm going to come pay you a visit.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jun 9, 2020

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I love the GT350 and I wanted one so bad when they came out. I am sure you will love it to death! I am jealous :)

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Hell yeah dude 😎

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

RCR finally did one on the ecoboost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75MuVpmju2U

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Car has arrived:

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 28, 2021

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Any of you guys order from CJ Pony Parts? Customer support doesn't seem to be reachable via chat/email/site, going to try to call them tomorrow.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

What is the signature from? Engine assembler or?

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
President of Shelby American.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Bob Morales posted:

Any of you guys order from CJ Pony Parts? Customer support doesn't seem to be reachable via chat/email/site, going to try to call them tomorrow.

I just ordered my replacement clutch assist spring for the GT350 yesterday. Shipped this morning.

Seamonster posted:

President of Shelby American.

Yup.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

so apparently my brother hit a deer on his way to work tonight in my 17 GT PP car. He said the car is hosed, i seriously had new tires and an alignment done last week, and i paid it off friday too. super bummed about this.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Digital_Jesus posted:

I just ordered my replacement clutch assist spring for the GT350 yesterday. Shipped this morning.

I ordered a bunch of stuff two weeks ago, got a few but want to cancel the back ordered stuff and just get it from Summit since that have it in stock.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Woohoo, I stripped a stud on my rear axle changing the brake fluid.
I could take the axle out, but I dont have a press to finish the job. Ugg I am going to have to take it to the shop to spend God knows how much to replace a $5 part. F***.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

This is why I just buy a different car every time my tires get low on tread. Never have these mechanical problems.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Is there any news of a special ecoboost Mustang in the works? I only ask because about a week ago I saw a car with manufacturer plates tooling around Dearborn that looked like a Ecoboost high performance package car but it was wicked lowered. Exhaust sounded weird too.

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe

kalvick posted:

Woohoo, I stripped a stud on my rear axle changing the brake fluid.
I could take the axle out, but I dont have a press to finish the job. Ugg I am going to have to take it to the shop to spend God knows how much to replace a $5 part. F***.

I always just knock the old stud out and use an impact, lug nut and some washers to get a new one in. Maybe (definitely) I am stupid and this is bad but it’s been fine for me.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

I drive a BBW posted:

I always just knock the old stud out and use an impact, lug nut and some washers to get a new one in. Maybe (definitely) I am stupid and this is bad but it’s been fine for me.

Yea, but the ABS ring is in the way, i could grind down the stud to make room and then knock the stud out, but I have 3" studs so I wouldnt be able to get a new one back on.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

lol Jokes on me the GT350 clutch assist spring assembly is actually a two piece part with two different sized springs. I do in fact need to order the entire $85 assembly replacement and not just the $15 spring.

RIP.

In other news the car goes in for a full detail & cleanup pass, front to back XPel PPF, and Ceramic Coating this week. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Just pull the top spring out and don't worry about it.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Mental Hospitality posted:

Is there any news of a special ecoboost Mustang in the works? I only ask because about a week ago I saw a car with manufacturer plates tooling around Dearborn that looked like a Ecoboost high performance package car but it was wicked lowered. Exhaust sounded weird too.

I'm not aware of any rumors, but I'm not one that would be in the know anyhow. I just hope if there is they finally call it the SVO and stop taunting me.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

The special edition buzz is currently focused on a new Mach 1 replacing the GT350 and Bullitt for 2021 as the mid tier option below the GT500. There are camo'd spy shots out there and suggestions that it will be a 5.0 with similar power numbers to the 5.2 Voodoo. There's also a blurb from the Mustang director guy that it will be the most track capable 5.0 ever.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-confirmed-official-photos-details/

I was planning on getting some kind of performance electric for my next car when my 2016 GT starts showing its age, but this could change my mind. It will probably depend a lot on how the body tweaks look. Last year I got to do some market research where they had us give opinions on possible styling options in a VR headset. It was pretty drat neat and paid decently too. I would have done that for free.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

Mental Hospitality posted:

The 2020 ecoboost has a high performance pack option, that might be it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Well, I FOUND my problem. That always helps. (re: sequential taillights not working)

I replaced all the tail lights bulbs with new ones today and that fixed the problem where my two remaining lights flashed at the same time instead of the 2-3 sequence, basically like a stock mustang. After replacing them they now sequence 2-3 but #1 still doesnt light up.

I looked inside and something happened to make the circuit burn though a few wraps of electrical tape and that blue plastic shielding. I never had a circuit kit as a kid. Do I just buy two those black diodes and solder em on, theoretically?

edit: yep the one on the outside is totally non functional, middle one is fine. weird that theres two black marks though.

Cage fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Back from the shop all cleaned up and protected. Time to make vroom vroom noises.