Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Irritated Goat posted:

I use Playnite because I have games all over the place. I usually have to find Steam's art if it's there or custom stuff off of SteamGridDB. I wish I could just import it all into Steam and it match the ones they have too but :shrug:

Here's a playnite plugin that'll fetch Steam page info for non-steam games: https://github.com/JosefNemec/PlaynitePlugin-SteamStoreMetadata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
I started playing random games since Itch has a lot of hidden goodies (though just for an hour or less right now). I also got a lot of games off my wishlist, and the fact that more seem to be coming makes me think I should donate more.

Last Knight - Cute with really good production values. Some bits aren't explained well, and the installer is... odd, but levels have randomized obstacles and are short so you don't get stuck long. Worth it if you like third person platforming.

Wave to the people - One-button game you'll get in a minute and enjoy for five (or more). Very cute, worth the download. Read the readme.txt you get.

Intrepid - Quick Bitsy adventure game, done pretty well. Only seems to have bad 'gotcha' endings unless I missed something.

On Rusty Trails - Platformer navigation with terrain toggling. The story actually works well with minimal text, pictograms, and level layout. Kinda tough for my taste, but I suck at platformers. Lot of levels to get through, well-done presentation, great music. From the Tiny and Big developer.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Cojawfee posted:

Wouldn't that also cause people who paid full price to also lose the updates?

Itch lets you create tiered keys and I'm sure they breakout bundle and discount sales so you could give new keys to nonbundle purchasers or make the bundled version a lesser tier that you don't provide new files for.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens though, I just can't help overthinking things.

Anyway The Real Texas is a decent surreal Zelda-inspired adventure game about a Real Cowboy that goes on vacation to England and is transported to the fantastical land of Strange, Texas where you solve people's problems with a dialog system and a unique shooting system.
It's a charming humorous quirky indie game from back before quirky indie games were everything, the graphics aren't anything to write home about but the game has a unique style, fun writing and decent music.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 10, 2020

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Frozen Peach posted:

This blew up in a way I never expected. I saw a call for games to add to the bundle a week ago and on a whim added my card game, Walking Doggos. A few days later I'm getting pings on Discord and the bundle had made $500,000 at that point. I was blown away.

Next thing I know I'm getting hundreds of downloads.

Now it's broken $3 million and I've seen over 1400 downloads from the three sites the game is hosted at (the majority being the itch.io bundle, obviously). So check it out! Let me know what you think if you end up playing it.

Ah I had a quick look at this. sadly I have no friends to play with here.

Wulf
May 8, 2008
Neversong is a recently released linear action adventure RPG in the bundle. I found the story a bit weird but it's a solid fully-voiced experience of hitting things with a bat and jumping that is under 3 hours.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I just played the first game in the east van EP from the bundle, which is a collection of three games by one maker. It's called Oracle and:

quote:

Its about being an oracle. I know riiiiiiight. Procedurally Generated Surreal Visions! Prophecies! Ancient Transcendent Horrors! Networks of Signification!

You sit at a campfire in the first person pov. You can only look at the campfire and the surrounding area. The music is eerie. Eventually words float above the flame - someone beseeching you for a vision. You drink, and in seven flashes you see - visions. They are strange, and fleeting. Then you choose three keywords about the vision, which you tell to the person. Soon another one comes. Nothing is explained. Everything is visions. I haven't played for long enough to see if there's more, but I will. It's a haunting small experience.

Also the cover art is baller:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I played some No Delivery completely blind and at random and it's surprisingly good. Based on the pizza aesthetics I thought it was going to be a Five Nights At Freddy's fangame but it's actually a roguelike and is much weirder and more interesting than I expected.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Here's another weirdie: The Tower: The Order of XII

It's a puzzle game! It has surprisingly fancy graphics and a story with cool art, but the gameplay is:

You can only move in the cardinal directions. You cannot stop your momentum. You soar through the caves and try to find the path that doesn't end with you sailing into the evil bubbles. I like it but wow I was expecting an action game or something with the story.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
This would be ideal for a Mystery Tournament.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That just sounds like an entire game of those terrible ice block puzzles that were everywhere in late 90s/early 2000s RPGs.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

njsykora posted:

That just sounds like an entire game of those terrible ice block puzzles that were everywhere in late 90s/early 2000s RPGs.

That's exactly what it is, and it's hilarious to me. I'm enjoying it.

But I'm also on the hunt to play more weird stuff so:

And All Would Cry Beware!

Stealing a screenshot from the itch page:

It's a FPS with a psychadelic lo-fi atmosphere, minimal story, and checkpoints!

quote:

And All Would Cry Beware is a old-school-style fast-paced FPS with a Metroidvania structure. Explore a connected world, discover what became of the Lost Expedition. Find new guns which will allow you to reach new areas. Weave through enemy projectiles and take on fearsome bosses.

e: I should probably have more to say about it but it controls fine and I'm having too much fun jumping from title to title to put time into it. I put its folder into another folder called "games" so I'll play it later.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Morfosi

Today I learned that I cannot handle top-down stealth, especially when the monster makes this GRINDING noise when it spots you. It's top-down in the style of zelda. You're in a mansion, your friend is screaming, and everything is horrible. I'm curious enough to see if there's an LP of it but too much of a weenie to play it myself. No picture because I was too busy freaking out to take a screenshot.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

StrixNebulosa posted:

I just played the first game in the east van EP from the bundle, which is a collection of three games by one maker. It's called Oracle and:

You sit at a campfire in the first person pov. You can only look at the campfire and the surrounding area. The music is eerie. Eventually words float above the flame - someone beseeching you for a vision. You drink, and in seven flashes you see - visions. They are strange, and fleeting. Then you choose three keywords about the vision, which you tell to the person. Soon another one comes. Nothing is explained. Everything is visions. I haven't played for long enough to see if there's more, but I will. It's a haunting small experience.

Also the cover art is baller:

Still sad east van never got the full 5 it was initially going to. The one where you bartend for ghosts and then watch a procedurally generated rap battle is exactly my strand of weird.

E. I've also been told by people who live in Vancouver it's impossible accurate to the 'east van' experience

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Popular Human posted:

I am having so much fun with Lenna's Inception, holy poo poo. Anyone who likes Zelda-type games should give this one a shot, it's awesome.

And they've added THREE HUNDRED MORE GAMES since the last time I checked this thread? poo poo, I feel like I need to donate twice.

Oh yeah, Lenna's Inception is good, thanks for the recommendation.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

I pulled one at random and got The Supper by Octavi Navarro

It's a short (< a half hour) point and click Sweeney Toddesque adventure. Enjoyable art, animations, and sound effects.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Feels like I just stole all this games. It's insane and I'm glad all of that money is going towards a great cause.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh yeah, Lenna's Inception is good, thanks for the recommendation.

I really loved LI in a way I wasn't expecting for a Zelda randomizer.

One thing I find rather anything is that it's seen a lot of criticism for "ripping off" undertale when it actually took so long to complete LI that most of it's story and related mechanics were decided on before even the UT Kickstarter.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

SeXReX posted:

One thing I find rather anything is that it's seen a lot of criticism for "ripping off" undertale when it actually took so long to complete LI that most of it's story and related mechanics were decided on before even the UT Kickstarter.

Lol gamers are terrible.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

SeXReX posted:

I didn’t know this when I was playing it, so about halfway through I definitely rolled my eyes a bit and said “oh boy, here comes the obligatory Undertale twist.” Glad to know it actually predates that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pathologic beat them both to it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

okay so I need the Itch app installed in the default folder to use the GoG extension, but it keeps erroring out when I try, what's the secret here

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Any good multi-player games I can play with my boyfriend?

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
I think they need a new word other than 'bundle' for this. It's just ... too big. I'm going to bookmark this thread but not use it as a reference until I tire of the 'hunt for gems in the rough' game.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Football Drama puts you in the role of Rocco, the manager of Calchester, pitting your wits against your opponents on and off the field. It looks like a port of a mobile game, but basically you make dialogue decisions, and in games you can shout advise to your players which amounts to basically do a low-risk move or a high risk move - when risk is too high, your team is strained and they can't continue pulling off risks. You can also shout specific orders from the bench which will take place in the near future; these are done through cards you equip and collect. Matches felt a biiiit too long for my tastes (about 10 minutes), but I like the general polish and fast-paced nature of the game. Click things! Numbers change! Pretty art!

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
I will rec EXTREME MEATPUNKS FOREVER as my favorite VN/top down brawler featuring mechs made of meat and a bunch of fuckups beating the snot out of fascists. The VN parts are really good, maybe a bit 'this reads more like a tweet than dialog' but that ended up being part of the charm. The brawler stuff looks really sketchy and it can be unclear, but the special moves of different characters make it play really different depending on your pilot, and when you pull off a nice move you feel badass. You could probably beat it in a couple hours.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dear god, Runner3 and Octodad are in now too! Both are amazing. And PICO-8 is also here, a platform to make tiny games, and there's a million of them existing already and waiting to be played. This truly is history in the making; there will never be a bundle like this again.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

This truly is history in the making; there will never be a bundle like this again.

6 days left and we're up to 48 pages, I think that's a safe bet lol

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Overland might be my favorite thing in the bundle so far. It's XCOM's two actions per turn tactical combat but instead of fighting the monsters you avoid them. It's survival themed, with tiny maps. Here are three examples:

- one map we heard someone was trapped here, and arrived and found a dog trapped by some rubble. moved the rubble, invited the dog to join up, and drove off
- had to clear a barricade. no way to clear the road or monsters, so we had to siphon fuel and hurry past the monsters into another car, fuel it up and leave
- ruined gas station. when we arrived a generator was burning and it exploded, but we grabbed a fuel can and left

Short encounters. You can move stuff around, throw a rock if you find it, and other stuff. If you stand next to a monster it will hurt you and remove an action point. You drive from point to point, going west. You need fuel, or else you can't drive.

It's super compelling, atmospheric with minimal writing, and you can pet the dog. This is a niche I didn't know I needed. I'll probably complain about how difficult it gets as I go on but eh, enjoying it now.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Saoshyant posted:

Dear god, Runner3 and Octodad are in now too! Both are amazing. And PICO-8 is also here, a platform to make tiny games, and there's a million of them existing already and waiting to be played. This truly is history in the making; there will never be a bundle like this again.

The PICO-8 "fantasy console" is really cool. I would like to build a dedicated Pico-8 device someday.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Zereth posted:

Do you... have anything to say about any of these games?

Jimmy and the Pulsating mass is one of the best RPGs I have ever played.

Story, gameplay, audio, it's all well done.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Silver Snail posted:

The PICO-8 "fantasy console" is really cool. I would like to build a dedicated Pico-8 device someday.
From what I saw in the downloads there's a raspberry pi version

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Ungrounded - adorable little 5-10 minute game that you can beat(!)

Idea is, you fell from the sun and now you need to grab seeds and grow fractal trees to get back up to it. You can go ghost to clip through trees so you never get stuck. It's pretty and cool looking and I enjoyed it. No pictures because the page itself has the best ones.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Yo, play WIDE OCEAN BIG JACKET it loving rules, it's a narrative game with a cool low-fi RE4 thing going on. it's funny and well written and fast paced, only like an hour long but gave me a feels about relationships and stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrtfEj35nGw

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I was trying to figure out how to explain Unobelisk, my current favorite thing from the bundle, because it's SO weird. Like I think it was made with rpgmaker but it has such a unique style and everything that it's like. That's insufficient.

Then I watched the trailer and aha yep here we go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcZCdi5hgdA

quote:

Unobelisk is a solo turn based, exploration game focused on resource management and puzzle solving.

With level design inspired by classic Resident Evil games and Metroidvanias, puts the player in the logic circuits of Uno, exploring an obelisk-shaped space station for a path to the top of the structure, where a way out is promised.

The not exactly linear progression of the game is blocked by a number of riddles, passwords, keys and the mysterious threat of the primordial ghosts, along with your own Subject brothers and even the 4 scientists themselves.

On the other hand, optional puzzle solving and exploration are rewarded with upgrade modules, that grants better ammo capacity, maximum health boost, greater evasive perfomance or stronger offensive capabilities.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
Orion Trail is a pretty fun little game. It's basically Space Oregon Trail, but with a heavy Star Trek coating on it. Lots of luck based events but I just finished my first run (barely) and it's pretty good!

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

All I can say is, if you dig airplane combat games like Ace Combat (I'm deliberately avoiding the word "simulation", mind you) you will enjoy the crap out of Sky Rogue.

I've been playing it since the beta some years ago, still come back to it every now and then for some quick action.
I also love it's low-poly art style.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I can't get Sky Rogue to actually start when I press the start button :negative:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

As I go to bed I realize I have hosed up: I forgot to track which games I've played and deleted. Tomorrow I'll have to check things manually and probably make a spreadsheet for myself. :doh:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
as a long-time ace combat fan, sky rogue has a slightly different feel to its physics but what little i've played is neat enough that it's totally worth checking out, especially thanks to this bundle. neat game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I am really enjoying these silly games

(Trixie Glimmer Smith)