Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Anyone got a mirror? Imgur wants my ph# for some godforsaken reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Here’s the speedscan of the new chapter

https://imgur.com/r/manga/juGHYoP

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Gabi owns.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Gabi finally does a good.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Floch totally snuck onto the boat.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I know someone asks this every time, but how much story can be left at this point? What are the odds things wrap up by the end of the year?

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Teek posted:

Floch totally snuck onto the boat.

Good, now Jean can fulfill his destiny and win Hair Bowl.
So, I always liked referring to the Titans as Sesame St characters (Bert and Ernie, etc). I traditionally reserved Big Bird for Annie, but I guess that's more applicable to Falco now (or the Owl). So what should Annie be?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

I know someone asks this every time, but how much story can be left at this point? What are the odds things wrap up by the end of the year?

I think it's going to spill into spring 2021. We still need to do the final showdown with Eren, the return of Zeke, and flying this drat plane.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

I think it's going to spill into spring 2021. We still need to do the final showdown with Eren, the return of Zeke, and flying this drat plane.

I'm thinking it'll end in about 7 or 8 chapters. No idea how they'll fit all of this into one season, unless they break off at the Paths Dimension and make a movie for the last part.
I think Zeke will be disposed of pretty quickly, we just need a bit of closure. He's already been physically and spiritually broken, so there's not much more to do with him.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that chapter might be one of the best, most intense extended action sequences in any manga I've ever read, jesus christ

I cannot wait to see this animated

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

In It For The Tank posted:

I am glad that the thunder spears devastated the titans to show that the innovations of the Paradisians remain relevant even when they're in the hands of the enemies.

I think its a testament to how well developed Paradisian anti-titan tactics are at this point. These mooks are giving the warriors as hard a time as they ever had.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Beefstew posted:

I'm thinking it'll end in about 7 or 8 chapters. No idea how they'll fit all of this into one season, unless they break off at the Paths Dimension and make a movie for the last part.

I could see them doing what they did with season 3 and splitting season 4 into two cours.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Congrats to Shadis for fulfilling his lifelong dream

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Terper posted:

Congrats to Shadis for fulfilling his lifelong dream

Reiner's so jealous.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Julias posted:

I could see them doing what they did with season 3 and splitting season 4 into two cours.

True, but Season 3 covered 40 chapters of content and abridged some stuff that would've been redundant. Each cour seems to cover about 20. We already have 39 chapters of new content, with anywhere between 7 and 11 left (though likely the former). That would be cutting it pretty close. And I'm wondering where they'd but the season break? The most logical one would be either at the end of the Marley arc or at the start of the Paths Dimension, but I feel like either of those would be too early or too late, respectively.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Is the chapter anywhere else? Imgur link doesn’t work.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Beefstew posted:

I think Zeke will be disposed of pretty quickly, we just need a bit of closure. He's already been physically and spiritually broken, so there's not much more to do with him.

Currently I'm rooting for Levi being like, "You're an rear end in a top hat, poo poo's all hosed, but instead of just killing you you're going to save a life" and feeding him to Connie's mom and then she hugs Connie and tells him he did go off and become a good soldier just like she told him to. :shobon:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Flesnolk posted:

Is the chapter anywhere else? Imgur link doesn’t work.

You gotta read it and save it like immediately.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This definitely read like an end of series chapter—and by end I mean within the next year but for real this time. The timeskip crew all got redeeming actions in time for the climax.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Beefstew posted:

True, but Season 3 covered 40 chapters of content and abridged some stuff that would've been redundant. Each cour seems to cover about 20. We already have 39 chapters of new content, with anywhere between 7 and 11 left (though likely the former). That would be cutting it pretty close. And I'm wondering where they'd but the season break? The most logical one would be either at the end of the Marley arc or at the start of the Paths Dimension, but I feel like either of those would be too early or too late, respectively.

S3 p1 + p2 was 22 episodes, and S4 could be 24-26 depending on production schedule, or end up a non-standard size (30 ep production runs aren't unheard of).

Additionally, we don't know if it'll be 2-cour (with a gap in-between); it could very well have its entire run contiguous.

Conspiratiorist fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 6, 2020

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

morcant posted:

Currently I'm rooting for Levi being like, "You're an rear end in a top hat, poo poo's all hosed, but instead of just killing you you're going to save a life" and feeding him to Connie's mom and then she hugs Connie and tells him he did go off and become a good soldier just like she told him to. :shobon:

This is precisely what I expect to happen with Zeke, although I don't know the timetable because I'm also banking on Levi dying up against Eren.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Pretty good chapter.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
So... we apparently have only 6-7 chapters left.

https://twitter.com/KenXyro/status/1269280322811650053

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Just in time to ruin/save Christmas

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Bad end (in terms of tone, not quality) for sure.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ETURNA posted:

So this means the final chapter will probably be January or February right? The final season of the anime is in October, I wonder if it'll finish before the manga.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
The last chapter willy be largely abstract, featuring Eren and Mikasa in a sort of desolate otherworldly realm. Expect spacious panels, sparse dialogue, and lots of staring. There will be some sort of giant tree involved. Peace will be decided on by our fine protagonists, while the fate of the rest of the world is left up to 'the reader's imagination.'

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

RatHat posted:

So this means the final chapter will probably be January or February right? The final season of the anime is in October, I wonder if it'll finish before the manga.

Final season will need at least 26 episodes, so the manga will still finish first.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood had the anime and manga line up and end almost simultaneously so they're probably aiming for something like that.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Thoren posted:

The last chapter willy be largely abstract, featuring Eren and Mikasa in a sort of desolate otherworldly realm. Expect spacious panels, sparse dialogue, and lots of staring. There will be some sort of giant tree involved. Peace will be decided on by our fine protagonists, while the fate of the rest of the world is left up to 'the reader's imagination.'
Nah, it'll just be Eren laying in a bed while a random titan in the corner gives him the thumbs up for 50 pages.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Beefstew posted:

This is precisely what I expect to happen with Zeke, although I don't know the timetable because I'm also banking on Levi dying up against Eren.

I remain convinced that Levi cannot die until he fulfills his vow to Erwin, and thus will not - and he doesn't seem like he's going to be in fighting shape before the final battle anyway. Though he is an Ackerman...

But if he does die, I'll roll with it. I was prepping myself for it when Zeke blew them both up

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

ETURNA posted:

Next two chapters will deal with them reaching Eren and the last four-five i have no idea.

What’s the resolution here exactly, they stop Eren and then the world attacks Eldia or Eren wipes them out and the whole cycle starts over, as we saw when Floch was talking about the new Eldian empire.

Stopping Eren doesn’t make the world sympathetic to Eldians, the author’s acknowledged it multiple times. It can only be a sad ending now, but Isayama said he changed it early on to be a happy end and for the life of me i don’t see how he gets there in what’s left of the story.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Asuron posted:

Stopping Eren doesn’t make the world sympathetic to Eldians, the author’s acknowledged it multiple times. It can only be a sad ending now, but Isayama said he changed it early on to be a happy end and for the life of me i don’t see how he gets there in what’s left of the story.

"Eren stop killing people killing people is wrong remember when your mother was killed."
"My god you're right."
*holds baby*
"Finally you are free."

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Szmitten posted:

"Eren stop killing people killing people is wrong remember when your mother was killed."
"My god you're right."
*holds baby*
"Finally you are free."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOFYvnOmqDQ

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

aliens who created titan technology descend from the sky and chastise eren

or the power of friendship pacifies titan hitler

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

zack gets a stamina powerup and uses his monkey titan to catapult his own body across the ocean, repeatedly spawning his titan for further catapults like a skipping stone

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

comedyblissoption posted:

aliens who created titan technology descend from the sky and chastise eren

or the power of friendship pacifies titan hitler

The advanced human race that fled the Earth thousands of years ago returns, goes "huh, forgot to turn these off" and neutralizes all titans

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

comedyblissoption posted:

zack gets a stamina powerup and uses his monkey titan to catapult his own body across the ocean, repeatedly spawning his titan for further catapults like a skipping stone
this, but over and over again until he gets across

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I don't believe this story can wrap up properly this year, unless the next 6 chapters are all double length or something. There's still way too much to explore and resolve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I wonder if we'll ever see the memories Eren got from the warhammer titan, it seemed so important at the time that it happened but now we're so late in the game maybe it'll never be addressed.