Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

Maybe people are succesfully utilizing that same vague rules about not asking for proof of disabilities the assholes who take their support poorly trained dogs into stores do?

It's this. Managers at my store are no longer allowed to confront members refusing to wear masks for vague liability reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

if they ever bring the samples back i hope they start giving people samples of the bear spray

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Spoondick posted:

if they ever bring the samples back i hope they start giving people samples of the bear spray

Samples were a blight upon the earth. :colbert:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I like the samples.

Edit: Were those Nordicware Woks any good? I’m wanting to do some stir fry and want to get a wok, but don’t have a pressing need for one yet. Costco doesn’t have the Nordicware ones at the moment and I’m wondering if they were good enough to wait for them to come back in.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 10, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Banish the samples forever and reinstate the onion dispenser with the utmost righteousness.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Chinatown posted:

Banish the samples forever and reinstate the onion dispenser with the utmost righteousness.

Replace it with something that dispenses those red chutney onions you get in Indian restaurants.

:colbert:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Onions ain't coming back my dude

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Gaius Marius posted:

:negative:

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?

Chinatown posted:

Free samples were the worst thing about Costco, 10 mouth breathers with their carts just completely blocking major aisles, waiting for a cracker with cheese on it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

SA Forums Poster posted:

Free samples were the worst thing about Costco, 10 mouth breathers with their carts just completely blocking major aisles, waiting for a cracker with cheese on it.

It was the best thing because I am that mouth breather sir :saddowns:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

SHAREHOLDERS! :argh:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I want to let the SHAREHOLDERS know that the food court lady today told me to just throw away the 2nd cup when i told her i only needed 1 of them. I was trying to save them money. I wonder what she would have said if I told her I didn't want the buns with the dogs either...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

save it for a rainy day (since rainwater might have ron ron in it)

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Pizza by the slice and poutine have returned to the food court. :woop:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

some canadian send me that poo poo

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

SA Forums Poster posted:

To be honest, I don't miss them that much either. It was nice if it was an item I honestly was curious about, but most of the time it's gross poo poo like quinoa kale salad or stuff I've had a million times. I mean honestly, why are you giving away samples of loving Oreos?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Infidel Castro posted:

To be honest, I don't miss them that much either. It was nice if it was an item I honestly was curious about, but most of the time it's gross poo poo like quinoa kale salad or stuff I've had a million times. I mean honestly, why are you giving away samples of loving Oreos?

Because it's a free loving Oreo?

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
samples were just not worth the insane logjams that they caused

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

except that they were?

Schadenboner posted:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Samples were never worth trying to avoid getting hip checked by an rude old chinese lady for a tiny sausage wrap or whatever

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Imagine dealing with all the bullshit about free samples when you could avoid all that, go outside, and give a person 6 quarters for a perfect steaming hot dog and soda

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Chinatown posted:

Imagine dealing with all the bullshit about free samples when you could avoid all that, go outside, and give a person 6 quarters for a perfect steaming hot dog and soda

Do they include a free Oreo?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

So many times trying the samples lead to me buying products I wouldn't have otherwise. The promove is to leave your cart well away from the action.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

like are you guys shopping in china

I'm in a major metropolitan city and the samples are not like trying to vote

ElGroucho posted:

Samples were never worth trying to avoid getting hip checked by an rude old chinese lady for a tiny sausage wrap or whatever

not sure what your WFH has to do with costco?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

It’s really bad at mine in Northern VA, especially on weekends. Lots of elderly with no situational awareness about aisle blocking.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

not sure what your WFH has to do with costco?

there's probably a less confusing way to get to a small penis joke from there

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Schadenboner posted:

I like free Oreos, but I value my time more and the giant pile up by the checkout caused by free Oreos isn't worth it.

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?
The absolute worst was when it was cooked sausage or beef brisket. Carts would be lined up 15 minutes before the samples were even ready and everyone is just looking at their phone, not caring that they are in the middle of the aisle.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

My church was logjammed by free samples. I hope they never come back.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I was a Catholic as a kid and I don't remember this. Do they do this now? How do I become a Catholic again? Someone answer me.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

Cartoon Man posted:

It’s really bad at mine in Northern VA, especially on weekends. Lots of elderly with no situational awareness about aisle blocking.

Never ever Fairfax. Hell on Earth at all hours.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Delpino posted:

Never ever Fairfax. Hell on Earth at all hours.

gently caress pentagon city also.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was a Catholic as a kid and I don't remember this. Do they do this now? How do I become a Catholic again? Someone answer me.

Find the church that hates Vatican II the most and you’ll never touch the body of christ

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

my costco carries wild caught rockfish and it's great for sous vide... last few times i picked some up i put a few fillets in a food saver bag with salt, pepper, butter, sliced lemon and herbs then chuck them in the freezer and whenever i want some fish i drop one of the bags in and it's done in 45 minutes

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

david_a posted:

Did CostCo stop requiring masks or is mine just doing a crap job enforcing it? Lots of people without masks tonight.

I went a couple days ago in and everyone was required to wear one

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Spoondick posted:

my costco carries wild caught rockfish and it's great for sous vide... last few times i picked some up i put a few fillets in a food saver bag with salt, pepper, butter, sliced lemon and herbs then chuck them in the freezer and whenever i want some fish i drop one of the bags in and it's done in 45 minutes

a sous vide can turn frozen shrimp into loving...loving....really good shrimp

Joe Friday
Oct 16, 2007

Just the facts, ma'am.

Hed posted:

gently caress pentagon city also.

Quoting for truth. If you want to throw elbows this is the place to go. Also, the parking and logistics of getting in and out of this location are horrible beyond comparison. I'll drive out to Chantilly instead.

Chocolate Pentagon notwithstanding of course.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
I bought some of the brisket right after I heard Smithfield was closing a bunch of plants and cut it into 3 pieces that I vacuum packed. It was $3.49/lb for the usual Costco brisket and I think it’s prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Trastion posted:

I want to let the SHAREHOLDERS know that the food court lady today told me to just throw away the 2nd cup when i told her i only needed 1 of them. I was trying to save them money. I wonder what she would have said if I told her I didn't want the buns with the dogs either...

Did they already place it on the counter? The foodcourt is a closed system, once the item touches the counter it's contaminated, nothing should go in only out. Everyone and everything inside should be covid free, screened, sanitized and gloves on. Taking back a cup could introduce contamination.

You can also just ask for dogs with no buns. Just ask.