Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/SimonClarkeMP/status/1270358722825596930?s=20

Auschwitz is in Poland, but in fairness he probably would have known that if there were more Hitler statues

It's even dumber than that. The relics of the Third Reich that still stand are Mahnmale. Dachau still exists, but there is a lot of effort involved to contextualise it in history and explain its past. If you walk through Dachau and don't feel extremely uncomfortable there's something deeply wrong with you.

Germany does not have Mengele overlooking its hospital lobbies, or Hitler on a pedestal in the town centre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

A valid comparison would be if there was a historical monument consisting of either Colstons original slaving ships or accurate recreations of them, showing the appalling conditions his victims had to endure and historical data on who they were, where they came from and what happened to them. I do not think anyone would object to that, unless they really really wanted to protect a slavers reputation of course.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Pookah posted:

A valid comparison would be if there was a historical monument consisting of either Colstons original slaving ships or accurate recreations of them, showing the appalling conditions his victims had to endure and historical data on who they were, where they came from and what happened to them. I do not think anyone would object to that, unless they really really wanted to protect a slavers reputation of course.

Now I'm just thinking of those Yelp reviews of plantation tours where people were angry that the tour guide had the audacity to talk about slavery.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

hyperhazard posted:

Now I'm just thinking of those Yelp reviews of plantation tours where people were angry that the tour guide had the audacity to talk about slavery.

Reveal investigated Civil War memorial sites that are receiving public funding and are revisionist/apologist. They should either give full, accurate historical accounts or be burned to the ground, or both.

https://www.revealnews.org/episodes/monumental-lies/

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/Solidarity_Star/status/1270498243701542913?s=20

Ah yes, the recent radicalization of the guy who *checks notes* wrote the song gently caress the Police over thirty years ago.

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/SimonClarkeMP/status/1270358722825596930?s=20

Auschwitz is in Poland, but in fairness he probably would have known that if there were more Hitler statues

Cool stuff! :thumbsup:

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

BrigadierSensible posted:

This kind of stuff shits me no end. Not Tom, but the "I used to be a fan until blah blah blah", and "You just lost a fan!" bullshit.

People just don't realize how much the internet changed the game and how much the power balance between consumers and retailers (I'll use retail as an example as I'm sure we can all relate to it) have changed. People who yell "YOU JUST LOST A HUGE CUSTOMER" have always had a pretty good chance of being an entitled idiot, but it also used to sometimes WORK. Nowadays you're less likely to get anywhere with this strategy because while your $500 a month purchases may be a lot of money to you personally, the store has a line going out the parking lot PLUS an inbox full of people who all desperately need to get rid of a bunch of money, and deciding to get bogged down in replying and apologizing to people who don't get this is only ever going to give the complaint more exposure and get people to jump on the bandwagon so the best way to handle it is usually a jovial "Thank you, come again". Social media boycotts of this nature usually peak when the offended party hits post, and don't normally amount to anything more than some much needed catharsis.

That's not to say these kinds of complaints are never valid, just almost never.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

OP is not the idiot.

https://twitter.com/fayekinley/status/1176998164848619520?s=21

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/HaygoodLaw/status/1270614995907358726?s=20

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
Delete this conversation, lol

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Please god don't tell me snapchat added a blackface filter...

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

hyperhazard posted:

Yeah, people who just want a lovely romantic Gone With The Wind experience without all that nasty political stuff

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Zipperelli. posted:

Oh no. A bunch of social media infuencers have decided that doing black / brown face is a good way to prove they aren't racist!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Am I allowed to say "loving white people" as a white person? Because I really want to shake my head while saying "loving white people."

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JosephWulfsohn/status/1270548904782766082

I'm sure you'll be shocked to hear that he works for Fox News and has previously worked for the Mediaite, the Federalist, and the Daily Caller.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pookah posted:

Yeah, people who just want a lovely romantic Gone With The Wind experience without all that nasty political stuff

https://youtu.be/GhiOAFE64M4

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://twitter.com/JosephWulfsohn/status/1270548904782766082

I'm sure you'll be shocked to hear that he works for Fox News and has previously worked for the Mediaite, the Federalist, and the Daily Caller.

Do these smooth brained people who think blazing saddles is gonna be banned think that the film is full of racist jokes? The point isn't that the jokes are racist, it's that racism is a joke.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

:hmmyes:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

DiabloStarCraft posted:

Do these smooth brained people who think blazing saddles is gonna be banned think that the film is full of racist jokes? The point isn't that the jokes are racist, it's that racism is a joke.

Yeah, they're not really good at telling the difference.

Which really calls into question why they like it.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

RoboRodent posted:

they like it because it used the N word

or they haven't actually watched it, which is more likely

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Sunswipe posted:

Am I allowed to say "loving white people" as a white person? Because I really want to shake my head while saying "loving white people."

I think if you aren't shaking your head going "loving white people" while also a white person, you are one of the ones every other white person shaking their head going "loving white people" is thinking about.

loving white people

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Zipperelli. posted:

The spyware loaded faceapp had that I remember. It lasted, like, less than a day before it mysteriously got taken down who knows why.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

RoboRodent posted:

They don't like it. They just think liberals are hypocrites for enjoying a movie that has racial slurs in it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

That's just a human right.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

ultrafilter posted:

They don't like it. They just think liberals are hypocrites for enjoying a movie that has racial slurs in it.

Do they not know that Richard Pryor co-wrote the script?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sunswipe posted:

Honestly that's one of my favorite things about being white, is just sauntering up to some white-rear end conversation or act and pointing out the absolute caucasity of it. People can get all blustery and stupid but they can't say I'm racist because, well, I'm white and I'll freely admit to doing or having had done those things in the past. It's good, wholesome fun to watch the lily white turn bright red.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Sometimes the only way to stop a bad dick pic is with a good dick pic

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Brawnfire posted:

Honestly that's one of my favorite things about being white

Same but literally everything

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

DiabloStarCraft posted:

i think we may be force to confront the possibility that racism makes people misunderstand jokes about racism

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
Hell of a take but at least he's open about being a garbage person?

https://twitter.com/TenseiYusa/status/1270775523409637376

Hokkaido Anxiety has a new favorite as of 18:58 on Jun 10, 2020

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/LasagnaGarden/status/1270774343145066496

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Admitting to assault to own the libs.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

hyperhazard posted:

This guy is also a huge Chris Kyle stan and extremely Islamophobic, as you can imagine.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

hyperhazard posted:

Aren't potato guns illegal themselves in many places?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

This honestly isn't anything new, there are scads of rappers dating back to the 80s who take stock in NWO conspiracy theories which is one of the most classical forms of anti-semitism, Ice Cube has been spewing that garbage for ages.

Also he sucks poo poo as a rapper and was one of the most useless members of NWA.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Is there something I’m missing or have you not heard of a crazy motherfucker named Ice Cube with the NWA?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

This honestly isn't anything new, there are scads of rappers dating back to the 80s who take stock in NWO conspiracy theories which is one of the most classical forms of anti-semitism, Ice Cube has been spewing that garbage for ages.

Also he sucks poo poo as a rapper and was one of the most useless members of NWA.

The guy who was the de facto leader of NWA and wrote lyrics for everyone else was the most useless member?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Henchman of Santa posted:

The guy who was the de facto leader of NWA and wrote lyrics for everyone else was the most useless member?

Yes he sucked nut and I stand by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Captain Monkey posted:

Is there something I’m missing or have you not heard of a crazy motherfucker named Ice Cube with the NWA?

You’re probably missing that Cop Killer is by Ice T / Body Count.