Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
4 stuffers greatly because of how much work it has to do. Tokyo Drift is in the top tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Heads-up for anyone interested, the Flash Gordon UHD is up for preorder at Amazon for $20, marked down from $50. There are multiple listings for the same thing at various price points, so no clue what’s going on there.

Flash Gordon [4K Ultra HD / UHD] [Blu-ray] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089CQCDK6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_g9t2Eb7FM65BK

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Splint Chesthair posted:

Heads-up for anyone interested, the Flash Gordon UHD is up for preorder at Amazon for $20, marked down from $50. There are multiple listings for the same thing at various price points, so no clue what’s going on there.

Flash Gordon [4K Ultra HD / UHD] [Blu-ray] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089CQCDK6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_g9t2Eb7FM65BK

Shows as $60 when I try to find it in the Amazon app. :confused:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Tokyo Drift is the salve that was much needed after 2 Fast. 4 is alright and is a crucial piece to the overall story as was stated earlier, but that tunnel chase is still pretty good I think.

5 and 7 tho, PEAK FF series.

Splint Chesthair posted:

huh, I'm not even a huge fan of the movie, but I'll lock it in. That's a pretty good price for an Arrow release, a UHD no less.

Also I may as well offer it here, but I was one of the folks who got left behind with Deep Discount over the Maniac UHD release (mine was delayed while they waited for a restock despite having a pre-order). I went ahead and ordered a copy on Amazon and it arrived and attempted to cancel my DD order, but they refused and said it would ship the next day. It did and it arrived. So now I got 2 copies of it. If anyone is interested I can sell it at $30 shipped. I paid roughly $35 so... yea if anyone is interested let me know. It's still in the original shipper, I'll just slap a new packaging slip on top and send it off.

dorium fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 4, 2020

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Shows as $60 when I try to find it in the Amazon app. :confused:

Even from the link I posted? Something must be messed up, but fingers crossed they honor the pre-order price guarantee (note: this has never worked for me).

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

it's still displaying as $19.99 for me when I click on the link.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Splint Chesthair posted:

That's the standard UHD, not the limited edition. The limited edition is up for preorder for $59.95 on Amazon.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

VoodooXT posted:

That's the standard UHD, not the limited edition. The limited edition is up for preorder for $59.95 on Amazon.

What’s the difference between the two?

Edit- wait, the $20 is a 1-disc set? As in, it’s only got the UHD and no blu-ray? I don’t have a 4K player or TV :(

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 4, 2020

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Xenomrph posted:

What’s the difference between the two?

Edit- wait, the $20 is a 1-disc set? As in, it’s only got the UHD and no blu-ray? I don’t have a 4K player or TV :(

No, the standard UHD set comes with the standard HD disc also. The limited edition has a couple of extra discs for the soundtrack and a life after Flash documentary along with a booklet, poster, some art cards or something, and a replica of the first FG strip.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/KinoLorber/status/1268338694525771777?s=20
https://twitter.com/Criterion/status/1268586676068257792?s=20

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

They didn't mention Spike Lee, so I hope his movies in the collection are free to watch. I've never seen Bamboozled and would like to do that.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

CPL593H posted:

They didn't mention Spike Lee, so I hope his movies in the collection are free to watch. I've never seen Bamboozled and would like to do that.

Afaict there are no spike lee movies streaming on criterion. It’s not the whole collection

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Hm. Yeah, film companies might be the few "we stand by you" statements where it actually makes sense.

Ahaahahahahahaha I just forked over $85 to buy The Angel Collection because I was too cheap to do it when you guys talked about it and of course it's OOS and OF COURSE I want it now.

Is there some kind of huge speculator/reseller's market for VinSyn releases on Ebay because gently caress Why Is SPOOKIES $125?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

DeimosRising posted:

Afaict there are no spike lee movies streaming on criterion. It’s not the whole collection

That's a serious loving oversight. Especially with right now and Do the Right Thing.

FilthyImp posted:

Hm. Yeah, film companies might be the few "we stand by you" statements where it actually makes sense.

Ahaahahahahahaha I just forked over $85 to buy The Angel Collection because I was too cheap to do it when you guys talked about it and of course it's OOS and OF COURSE I want it now.

Is there some kind of huge speculator/reseller's market for VinSyn releases on Ebay because gently caress Why Is SPOOKIES $125?

That's what happens any time poo poo goes out of print. At least half the loving people buying it are probably doing so to flip it. Some stuff goes down later on.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I’m pretty sure a lot of those VS titles will come back in stock in a few weeks/months. Most of the high prices on the second hand market are for slipcases. Or rip off artists. Just go to DiabolikDVD or Grindhouse Video, they have Spookies and Avenging Angel in stock for reasonable prices.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Liar Lyre posted:

I’m pretty sure a lot of those VS titles will come back in stock in a few weeks/months. Most of the high prices on the second hand market are for slipcases. Or rip off artists. Just go to DiabolikDVD or Grindhouse Video, they have Spookies and Avenging Angel in stock for reasonable prices.

VS can definitely get a little confusing at times when it comes to what is and what isn't limited. Some things are limited and the description on the site usually says it in no uncertain terms. Most of the time it's simply the slip covers, but it takes a few months for a new "standard" pressing to get back in stock.

That said, I watched the Rad UHD last night. It looked nice, but just didn't feel like it was a great fit for the format, I'll have to do some comparison with the accompanied Blu to verify. All in all, it was an OK movie, enjoyable, but I wouldn't consider it anything to write home about. If you can only afford one though, I'd tell you to stick with BMX Bandits from Severin on this one.

I'm looking forward to tucking into a few more of the discs from the May haul over the weekend.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'm wondering what the deal is with the Al Adamson collection, I thought it was sold out ages ago and it said as much on the site, but on May 18th for a brief period it said it was In Stock on the website so I bought a copy. But it still hasn't shipped and everybody's been getting theirs. Did it just start shipping recently? Because if so, I guess I'm probably near the very end of the list of people getting a copy and it'll be like another month.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Eureka's got a sale on Silent Movies and Billy Wilder films. 2 for $20.

edit: I grabbed Ace in the Hole and Double Indemnity.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jun 5, 2020

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Franchescanado posted:

Eureka's got a sale on Silent Movies and Billy Wilder films. 2 for $20.

Jumped when I saw shipping to Australia was free. Grabbed Stalag 17 and Double Indemnity. Love me some Wilder.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

I'm wondering what the deal is with the Al Adamson collection, I thought it was sold out ages ago and it said as much on the site, but on May 18th for a brief period it said it was In Stock on the website so I bought a copy. But it still hasn't shipped and everybody's been getting theirs. Did it just start shipping recently? Because if so, I guess I'm probably near the very end of the list of people getting a copy and it'll be like another month.

I'm guessing the one you bought is a second run. The first editions came with a faulty disc (got my replacement disc the other day actually!)

So they're either repackaging leftover stock to include the fixed disc or waiting on the new stock to finish packaging.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm guessing the one you bought is a second run. The first editions came with a faulty disc (got my replacement disc the other day actually!)

So they're either repackaging leftover stock to include the fixed disc or waiting on the new stock to finish packaging.

It's marked as "In Stock" again today so... :shrug:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

CPL593H posted:

That's a serious loving oversight. Especially with right now and Do the Right Thing.

That's what happens any time poo poo goes out of print. At least half the loving people buying it are probably doing so to flip it. Some stuff goes down later on.

i would guess it's a rights thing, newer/more popular criterion titles are definitely on the channel less frequently and for shorter time spans. maybe it's a programming thing to keep people in month to month though

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

DeimosRising posted:

i would guess it's a rights thing, newer/more popular criterion titles are definitely on the channel less frequently and for shorter time spans. maybe it's a programming thing to keep people in month to month though

All the free to watch stuff is from Kino, Milestone, Cohen, or Janus. They haven’t had any Universal films, unfortunately, due to Peacock.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Parasite 4K really pops.

Blu-Ray.com has said the Lawrence 4K is the best it’s ever been. God I can’t wait for the exclusivity period to be over.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Attention Australian collectors, zavvi.com.au has 2 for $45 on Criterion collection blurays

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Shout! are re-issuing the Vincent Price Collection Vol 1 this September. They are also doing a 4k scan of Event Horizon with a possibility of an extended cut or restored footage if they can find good elements and licensing and all that.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Liar Lyre posted:

Shout! are re-issuing the Vincent Price Collection Vol 1 this September. They are also doing a 4k scan of Event Horizon with a possibility of an extended cut or restored footage if they can find good elements and licensing and all that.

Sick, hope this means they’ll get volume 2 as well, I want tomb of ligeia

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

That one just went OOP, so it might be a few months/years to see that one again.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I have Vol. 2 and 3, so I'm excited about finally having Vol. 1 again.

They're also releasing The Masque of Red Death on its own in addition to inclusion in the set since it's from the new 4K restoration by The Film Foundation.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Egbert Souse posted:

They're also releasing The Masque of Red Death on its own in addition to inclusion in the set since it's from the new 4K restoration by The Film Foundation.

Sweeeet.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Hedrigall posted:

Attention Australian collectors, zavvi.com.au has 2 for $45 on Criterion collection blurays

Hot drat thank you, even with $8 shipping that's a better price than the Barnes and Noble sale. Fairly limited selection, unfortunately, but used it as an excuse to grab The Last Temptation of Christ and Badlands.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

I, Butthole posted:

Hot drat thank you, even with $8 shipping that's a better price than the Barnes and Noble sale. Fairly limited selection, unfortunately, but used it as an excuse to grab The Last Temptation of Christ and Badlands.

Yeah $8 shipping is the flat rate no matter how much you order, it’s great

I got 3 Wes Anderson movies (Rushmore, Royal Ts and Life Aquatic - I already have the criterion of Moonrise Kingdom) plus Tampopo, Anatomy of a Murder and Only Angels Have Wings.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Hedrigall posted:

Yeah $8 shipping is the flat rate no matter how much you order, it’s great

I got 3 Wes Anderson movies (Rushmore, Royal Ts and Life Aquatic - I already have the criterion of Moonrise Kingdom) plus Tampopo, Anatomy of a Murder and Only Angels Have Wings.

Tampopo is so great so enjoy that. I was super close to getting A Face in the Crowd and Dreams, but the Severin sale kicks off later this month and I really want to get Where the Wind Blows and maybe Birdemic. Gotta pace myself.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Beetlejuice and Bill & Ted are getting 4K releases later this summer. Bill & Ted is a U.K. release through StudioCanal atm, but it’ll probably get a US release too with the new movie coming. Honestly, I should pay more attention to importing StudioCanal 4K releases. They always seem to get a bunch of good titles.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I, Butthole posted:

Tampopo is so great so enjoy that. I was super close to getting A Face in the Crowd and Dreams, but the Severin sale kicks off later this month and I really want to get Where the Wind Blows and maybe Birdemic. Gotta pace myself.

Please no more sales, my wallet can't take anymore

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Liar Lyre posted:

Beetlejuice and Bill & Ted are getting 4K releases later this summer. Bill & Ted is a U.K. release through StudioCanal atm, but it’ll probably get a US release too with the new movie coming. Honestly, I should pay more attention to importing StudioCanal 4K releases. They always seem to get a bunch of good titles.

I usually skip box set collectibles

but this looks pretty cool.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
that does look cool but lol @ "collectible chalk"

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

gey muckle mowser posted:

that does look cool but lol @ "collectible chalk"

You don't collect chalk? :ohdear:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Franchescanado posted:

I usually skip box set collectibles

but this looks pretty cool.

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I mean, I'm gonna buy it because it's 4k Beetlejuice so sure, go ahead and throw some extra poo poo in there. The box looks relatively normal sized which is what I'd be concerned about with a box set.