Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

Arson Daily posted:

Listened to the Secret Window and Transcendence eps and the Johnny Depp impressions are a low key fav of mine. So is the coked up Quentin Tarantino impression. But who the hell is Jan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St8iEpkcDJc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Arson Daily posted:

Speed Racer. Fite me if you disagree.

The last scene of the last episode is loving fantastic and one of my favorite series finales of all time.

Speed finally confronts Racer X and calls him out on being his missing brother Rex. He goes hard on Rex for lying and Rex responds by punching Speed in the gut to knock him unconcious and then he runs into his car and hops in. Someone calls out to Rex wondering why the hell he did it and Rex basically ducks the question. He then drives away. That's it, that's the last scene in Speed Racer.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

TTBF posted:

The last scene of the last episode is loving fantastic and one of my favorite series finales of all time.

Speed finally confronts Racer X and calls him out on being his missing brother Rex. He goes hard on Rex for lying and Rex responds by punching Speed in the gut to knock him unconcious and then he runs into his car and hops in. Someone calls out to Rex wondering why the hell he did it and Rex basically ducks the question. He then drives away. That's it, that's the last scene in Speed Racer.

Absolutely amazing and now I need to see all of the speed racer cartoon.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Andorra posted:

Were any of the live action movies of 1960s cartoons that came out in the 90s/00s even semi-good? The ones that come to mind (Scooby-Doo, George of the Jungle, Dudley Do-Right, Mr. Magoo, and Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle) are all atrocious.

Good? No. But my family enjoyed GotJ, DDR and Mr Magoo. The last is very quotable for kids. I haven't seen them since childhood and I probably won't until I have my own kids because they're just meant to be kids movies and they work wonderfully at that level.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Andorra posted:

Were any of the live action movies of 1960s cartoons that came out in the 90s/00s even semi-good? The ones that come to mind (Scooby-Doo, George of the Jungle, Dudley Do-Right, Mr. Magoo, and Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle) are all atrocious.

I dragged two unwilling friends to see The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle in the theater and while they both hated the movie, they enjoyed watching how much I enjoyed the movie.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Andorra posted:

Josie and the Pussycats - but that was 2001

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man you could have put a gun to my head and ask me if Rowan Atkinson was in the Scooby-Doo movie and I'd be dead.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm going to admit it. I kinda like Scooby-Doo, it's not a good movie. It's not a movie that I want to watch often, but about once a decade, with friends, it's nice to have on.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I wish we got mean Rowan Atkinson anymore. Blackadder is one of my favorite shows but he's basically been on the Bean/English/Something Of That Variety treadmill for what, 20 years now?

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm going to admit it. I kinda like Scooby-Doo, it's not a good movie. It's not a movie that I want to watch often, but about once a decade, with friends, it's nice to have on.

At the very least, it's not a movie that coasts on its established name - I watched it for the first time a little while ago and had heard about the twist regarding the main villain going in, but there is still so much bonkers poo poo this movie pulls that I was honestly kind of riveted. Great cast, too.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Arson Daily posted:

Absolutely amazing and now I need to see all of the speed racer cartoon.

It’s on sale on iTunes for 5 bucks in hd

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I hope that they do a Leisure Suit Larry stream

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

BiggerBoat posted:

Josie and the Pussycats - but that was 2001

The right answer.

Nikaer Drekin posted:

At the very least, it's not a movie that coasts on its established name - I watched it for the first time a little while ago and had heard about the twist regarding the main villain going in, but there is still so much bonkers poo poo this movie pulls that I was honestly kind of riveted. Great cast, too.

The twist is pretty inspired.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Iron Crowned posted:

I hope that they do a Leisure Suit Larry stream

I don't know the logistics of how to get 4 people's remote cameras to show up on stream. Nor would it be a good thing to look at, since it would take up a bunch of the screen. But if just Andrew (or whoever) wanted to stream it on cam, I could help out with that.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The Scooby-Doo movie was written by James Gunn, you can tell he's having fun with it which is SOMETHING compared to the more cynical/lazy adaptations. Its not incredible, but the cast is good, its colorful, and it has plenty of throwbacks to the show.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hockles posted:

I don't know the logistics of how to get 4 people's remote cameras to show up on stream. Nor would it be a good thing to look at, since it would take up a bunch of the screen. But if just Andrew (or whoever) wanted to stream it on cam, I could help out with that.

probably more work than the boys want to do, but plenty of gaming personalities are doing it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

IIRC Leisure Suit Larry is one of the few games you can't stream on Twitch, unfortunately. They'd have to find another platform that would allow them to do it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Rageaholic posted:

IIRC Leisure Suit Larry is one of the few games you can't stream on Twitch, unfortunately. They'd have to find another platform that would allow them to do it.

WHM makes an OF page.

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
Incredibly dumb question: Does anyone happen to have an episode guide that has the animation dominations, Star Trek stuff and the normal episodes all put together in chronological order?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

OpenSourceBurger posted:

Incredibly dumb question: Does anyone happen to have an episode guide that has the animation dominations, Star Trek stuff and the normal episodes all put together in chronological order?

Their website has it all.
https://www.whmpodcast.com/whmprime

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's a bad movie anyway and this is a dumb thing to get hung up on but Scooby-Doo was in no way the first Scooby property to have real supernatural poo poo.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Rody One Half posted:

It's a bad movie anyway and this is a dumb thing to get hung up on but Scooby-Doo was in no way the first Scooby property to have real supernatural poo poo.

I hadn't seen it since it came out in theaters and I remembered liking it so I rewatched it for the episode. I knew I'd spent too much time in the Scooby rabbit hole because I just kept thinking "This is nowhere near as good as Scooby Doo on Zombie Island."

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean even before you get your run of zombie Island, witch's ghost, etc you have older stuff like 13 Ghosts or Reluctant Werewolf.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Zombie Island and Alien Invasion are the Scooby Doo things I watched the most. I even remember the clam shell VHS cases they were in.

The older episode of Scooby Doo where they hang out with the goth girl band was excellent too.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I remembered enjoying Zombie Island as a kid.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

dorium posted:

I remembered enjoying Zombie Island as a kid.

Zombie Island is one of the few times Scooby Doo seemed to want to take its own premise seriously.

Also, Billy West is a top shelf Shaggy.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Mystery Inc is legit one of the best western cartoons of the 2010s.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Zombie Island and Pup named Scooby Doo are the only Scoobert Doobert properties I’ve enjoyed.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Marin Karin posted:

Zombie Island and Alien Invasion are the Scooby Doo things I watched the most. I even remember the clam shell VHS cases they were in.

The older episode of Scooby Doo where they hang out with the goth girl band was excellent too.

The Hex girls are from Witch's Ghost, the movie between ZI and AI. I know they show up later in mystery inc too but I didn't stick with it long enough.

I haven't seen anything of that current show where they do new celebrity appearances (And also the ghost of Abe Lincoln) but I did see the other day that apparently for their Valentine's day episode, to avoid the implication of Freddy and Daphne sleeping with each other they... I have definitely live with Velma and Freddy with Shaggy and Scooby.

Good job Boomer TV executives, You really dodged to the bullet there :allears:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/whmpodcast/status/1271104242376376325?s=21

heads up!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Sweet. Hope Steve brings Bane out of retirement.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

CATSmentary has arrived to the jellicle ball

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Oh poo poo, the Catsmentary is up. Was planning on watching Portrait of a Lady on Fire tonight, but I really want to watch this bad movie. Looks like its weird double feature time.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Now I need to decide if Cats is worth watching just for their commentary. I really planned on leaving this movie alone on the trash heap of history.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Now I need to decide if Cats is worth watching just for their commentary. I really planned on leaving this movie alone on the trash heap of history.

Just make sure you watch the Butthole Cut.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

thrawn527 posted:

I did it.

I have regrets.

The commentary is great. But the movie. My god.

I've never seen a movie where every scene feels like it could be a deleted scene. It's almost impressive.

But that might be the worst piece of poo poo I've ever seen. What the gently caress was that?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it was Cats, it could never be anything but a trainwreck

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Little rich boy over here getting jerked off by a cat.

This is a great commentary.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Was the point of the movie to just have a gigantic tax write off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Was the point of the movie to just have a gigantic tax write off?

To finally kill Tom hoopers career or as sir dame Andrew Lloyd Webber revealed on comedy bang bang his revenge on actors he does not like