Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

Hell of a take but at least he's open about being a garbage person?

https://twitter.com/TenseiYusa/status/1270775523409637376

Never read the comments. Christ.

If your opinion is 'that black guy deserved to be murdered by the cops in broad daylight over a supposed $20 property crime' then get hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EL BROMANCE posted:

You’re probably missing that Cop Killer is by Ice T / Body Count.

Ice-T is the only ice-related rapper we need.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Post your favorite rapper whose name begins with "Ice" and who wrote a song that was somewhat rude to the police

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1270749170215903232?s=21

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

chitoryu12 posted:

Ice-T is the only ice-related rapper we need.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

She turned off replies because she’s brave.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also if you don't want to read it, her position is basically "Gender dysphoria is a phase that these kids will grow out of, but the radical trans lobbyists are forcing them to transition for....reasons!"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/GeneticLiteracy/status/1270732453389295616

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is there any chance that the "genetic literacy project" hasn't got the world's largest collection of calipers?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

Also if you don't want to read it, her position is basically "Gender dysphoria is a phase that these kids will grow out of, but the radical trans lobbyists are forcing them to transition for....reasons!"

And also the usual bathroom poo poo.

Don’t read it, it’s just a mean lady being mean.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

OwlFancier posted:

Is there any chance that the "genetic literacy project" hasn't got the world's largest collection of calipers?
It's a repost from fuckin Quillette so almost a 100% chance

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Funny how these are almost always evolutionary biologists or anthropologists or someone else in a related enough field to make their takes seem legitimate but actually don't know poo poo about sex and gender.

Where are the molecular geneticists that specialize in sex-determining genes? Where are the psychologists that specialize in sex and gender?

that was rhetorical, I know that they tend to be firmly in the "ugh please shut up TERFs and stay in your lane" camp in some way or another

Ninja edit: lmao I read it and as I suspected they boiled it down to "there are only sperm producers and egg producers and that's the criterion for defining sex." Yeah that's exactly what an evolutionary biologist would say because ultimately that's all that matters in the context of evolutionary biology, sure, but I guess I didn't realize "what kind of cell comes out of your junk?" is the only thing that matters about a person.

Edit 2:

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

It's a repost from fuckin Quillette so almost a 100% chance

Oh I missed that. Jesus Christ. The irony of a group that advocates for literacy sourcing that miserable rag.

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 21:08 on Jun 10, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

chitoryu12 posted:

My favorite is the supposed real story of the mom of a gay son transitioning to avoid bullying. Because kids are so much less likely to make fun of a transgirl than a gay boy.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Oh great, she's repeating the lie that autistic people are more likely to be trans because we're easily "confused" about our gender identity

you come into MY house

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Skwirl posted:

My favorite is the supposed real story of the mom of a gay son transitioning to avoid bullying. Because kids are so much less likely to make fun of a transgirl than a gay boy.

I mean this is actually a thing with academic sources

it's just that the academic source is a conversion therapist's research to backup his therapy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm just going to say I don't trust a single God damned word coming out of a conversion therapist's mouth or notebook.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

There are many, many problems with JK loving Rowling's stupid bigoted hateful TERF bullshit, and this is not an appropriate place to disect them, nor would it be good for my mental health. But the one that I want to comment on is the assertion that young AFAB "girls" are just copying their friends when they decide to transition (misgendering is from JKR.) You seriously can't think of any other explanations here? Like, say, that having supportive friends with shared experiences may make someone more likely to come out of the closet?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
What's AFAB? I honestly haven't heard that term before.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

PurpleXVI posted:

Assigned Female At Birth.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Otana posted:

Assigned Female At Birth.

Does that refer specifically to those born with "intersex" characteristics or anyone who's considered to be female at birth and later decides it doesn't fit their gender expression?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

PurpleXVI posted:

All Females Are Bastards.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
#DefundWomen

Sorry I think I’m getting these protests mixed up.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

PurpleXVI posted:

Does that refer specifically to those born with "intersex" characteristics or anyone who's considered to be female at birth and later decides it doesn't fit their gender expression?

Anyone who's considered female at birth, period. It's the closest term of any actual value to the "women who menstruate" or whatever BS term JKR was trying to use at one point.

Like, she's not wrong that there is a certain experience for people who grow up presenting female which is different from that experienced by people who transition later. But that's just an argument in favor of letting people experiment with gender identities and decide to transition earlier!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Wendell posted:

And also the usual bathroom poo poo.

Don’t read it, it’s just a mean lady being mean.

Gonna post this advice from a friend on Facebook:
--
Quick warning and please actually take it:

J.K. Rowling released a blog post to explain/defend about her transphobia. It is literally full of vile misinformation and outright lying in every line. It is nauseating in its sheer hatred disguised as White Feminism. Don't read it. Don't link to it. It's harmful to trans people; even the tiny skim I did made me feel ill and scared. Never, ever, give her your money or attention. Ever again.

To be clear there is Nothing New in her post. It is the same White Feminism transphobia we've been seeing from TERFs (especially UK TERFs) for years. It's distilled Mumsnet mind poison. There is nothing of worth here.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

wizzardstaff posted:

Gonna post this advice from a friend on Facebook:
--
Quick warning and please actually take it:

J.K. Rowling released a blog post to explain/defend about her transphobia. It is literally full of vile misinformation and outright lying in every line. It is nauseating in its sheer hatred disguised as White Feminism. Don't read it. Don't link to it. It's harmful to trans people; even the tiny skim I did made me feel ill and scared. Never, ever, give her your money or attention. Ever again.

To be clear there is Nothing New in her post. It is the same White Feminism transphobia we've been seeing from TERFs (especially UK TERFs) for years. It's distilled Mumsnet mind poison. There is nothing of worth here.

This is good advice which I should have taken. It's seriously not been good for my mental health.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

Oh great, she's repeating the lie that autistic people are more likely to be trans because we're easily "confused" about our gender identity

you come into MY house

As well as their disdain for trans people (which should go without saying), the TERFs are also very unpleasant, or very patronising, about all neurodivergent people. Either they say "mentally ill" to mean "dangerous, violent and unstable" or they do this obnoxious thing where autistic people are too innocent and childlike to be trusted with making decisions on their own, as seen here. I expect they have similar opinions about the physically disabled too, but I haven't seen them mention that. Anyway, as a mentally ill person who has been told I have "some autistic traits" by a doctor several years ago, I don't feel particularly Validated As A Woman by these TERFs and the horrible creepy men they fawn over.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/glinner/status/1270815123024773120?s=21

Everyone’s favourite Harry Potter character, Ralph Weasley.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson both said, “Nah, she’s super wrong,” so that’s what Linehan is talking about. It’s a shame he’s confused real people with characters though!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I didn’t get it at first but he is talking about the actor playing Harry

It still dumb but at least it’s coherent I guess

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bold stance from glinner, not only is the author not dead, the author is both alive and is spreading, colonizing everyone else like a fungal infection.

HP Lovecraft's Reanimating the Author.

Incredible that the man who cannot bear the idea of other people interpreting his work differently than he intended thinks that way.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Does glinner want to be compared to all of the characters he's had a hand in creating?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds7NBsHxBZE

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I didn’t get it at first but he is talking about the actor playing Harry

It still dumb but at least it’s coherent I guess

It doesn’t even make sense then, because the only two actors named Ralph to portray a named character are Ralph Fiennes (Voldemort) and Ralph Ineson (Amycus Carrow), the latter of which was a non-speaking minor role.

TinTower has a new favorite as of 22:58 on Jun 10, 2020

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/ljsgoat/status/1270822569625747460?s=21

The picture was right.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/glinner/status/1270815123024773120?s=21

Everyone’s favourite Harry Potter character, Ralph Weasley.

She's Voldemort and Umbridge, then, by extension.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
https://twitter.com/mqmqqmqm/status/1266118703520907264

This is a law student at UCLA, lol

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

She's also the poo poo in wizard trousers

But we already knew that

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Not an idiot, but I want to point out that Emma Watson’s post has 6 times as many likes as JK’s in just an hour. It ain’t hopeless.

https://twitter.com/EmmaWatson/status/1270826851070619649?s=20

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Trans people can't be the gender they are but Rowling can be 3 men and one woman at once according to that tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

TinTower posted:

It doesn’t even make sense then, because the only two actors named Ralph to portray a named character are Ralph Fiennes (Voldemort) and Ralph Ineson (Amycus Carrow), the latter of which was a non-speaking minor role.

I think he means Ron which lol