Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

heated game moment posted:

Not sure how to get all the salt off from underneath the car, that poo poo is like concrete. I need a lift and a power washer but have neither!

The swedish winter driving experience without having to freeze, cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Hold up, there is another Salt Lake AIer? I would suggest a hose with a sprinkler and park that on your driveway and just let the sprinkler and water do its thing. It will take a while. Are you in the local Euro FB group? It is a pretty decent group of enthusiasts. The AMG presence has been increasing lately too.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Hold up, there is another Salt Lake AIer? I would suggest a hose with a sprinkler and park that on your driveway and just let the sprinkler and water do its thing. It will take a while. Are you in the local Euro FB group? It is a pretty decent group of enthusiasts. The AMG presence has been increasing lately too.

Yep I moved to SLC last summer. I'm in an apartment but I'll find a friend with a hose and see what I can do. Haven't checked out the FB group (I just got the car about a month ago) but I'll give it a look.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

heated game moment posted:

Yep I moved to SLC last summer. I'm in an apartment but I'll find a friend with a hose and see what I can do. Haven't checked out the FB group (I just got the car about a month ago) but I'll give it a look.

That is great! I am in the south end of the valley. The group you will want to join up is Utah Association of Euros. They have a couple questions to answer when you get in. It is a well run group and the meets are not bad.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

meatpimp posted:

I like that.

Would you like to buy it?
I'll make you a deal.

edit: I'd prefer to put money into my RX-7. I'm not invested in the AE86 culture, and don't really want to be.
If it hangs around much longer, this thing might end up with a rotary, because gently caress me the 4AGE prices.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 1, 2020

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Got around to swapping on my summer wheels as well as having a friend help me out with a full paint correction and ceramic coating. Kind of annoyed I didn't detail the car sooner during my ownership, god drat it made a huge difference.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

GramCracker posted:

Got around to swapping on my summer wheels as well as having a friend help me out with a full paint correction and ceramic coating. Kind of annoyed I didn't detail the car sooner during my ownership, god drat it made a huge difference.

So clean. And such a proper fit of quality wheels. Nicely done.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

meatpimp posted:

So clean. And such a proper fit of quality wheels. Nicely done.

Thank you. Aside from the 2 month wait for them to arrive, I’m really pleased with how they fit the car without any need for spacers or modifications.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Mmmmm... those BBS's, very nice

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

GramCracker posted:

Got around to swapping on my summer wheels...

Oh yeah, I've still got my blizzaks on, and it's supposed to hit 92 tomorrow. At the current pace I'll probably only put about 100 miles on it before it gets cold next Fall so I think I'll just leave them on.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Someone got a good shot of me at a drive your classic day type thing

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That's a pretty great photo

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I think the ride height is right where I want it now.

Tremek fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 8, 2020

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Sits lovely :)

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Tremek posted:

I think the ride height is right where I want it now.

Tremek: King of the LuxoSled.

Long live the king.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

poo poo’s lovely.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

a link to some other shots

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Wheel choice :discourse:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Had this for 2 years now and still never gets dull to drive. Probably going to keep it for quite some time.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

xpost for new ride:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

What wheels are those?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Digital_Jesus posted:

xpost for new ride:

Got Dam.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

taqueso posted:

What wheels are those?

Yokohama Advan SA2, hotboi Japanese wheels

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Got Dam.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

The wheels take me back to my Gran Turismo days when I was a kid.

How is the c30? Always wanted one of those.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Digital_Jesus posted:

xpost for new ride:

Oh man I love that color too. I keep looking at new mustangs and you are NOT HELPING.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The current generation of mustang is so good since they took the best looking one (69 fastback) and made a modern version of it.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

angryrobots posted:

Oh man I love that color too. I keep looking at new mustangs and you are NOT HELPING.

Hi yes unfortunately that color combination is not available but after an extended period of getting 9MPG driving this today I can, in fact, confirm it makes dope rear end vroom vroom noises and holy poo poo an 8200rpm redline in a mustang is the most nutters poo poo and I love it.

E: You should definitely buy a Mustang. GT350 preferred but a 5.0 PP2 would also be acceptable.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I love the colour but please do a burnout

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Bape Culture posted:

I love the colour but please do a burnout

yeah lack of evidence has me suspecting it isn't capable of breaking the tires loose

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Did someone say burnout

https://youtu.be/ZQs-YG33sFs

It’s not much but it’s something

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yokohama Advan SA2, hotboi Japanese wheels

SA3Rs :eng101: but yeah, freshly imported (:pcgaming: OVERNIGHT PARTS FROM JAPAN :rice: no seriously the shipper Upgarage uses for marine shipping is shut down for covid so I had no choice but to air freight them lol). Had to put Mazda3 hubs/brakes on cause the rims were never made in 5x108.

Solar Coaster posted:

The wheels take me back to my Gran Turismo days when I was a kid.

How is the c30? Always wanted one of those.

This one's pretty high mileage, hasn't had the easiest life (I needed some specific options and this was the only one I'd seen in almost 2 years of looking that fit the bill) and I've been paying for that in blood and dealer parts, but when it's not on jackstands in the garage it's really good. It's a prettier, more civilised Focus ST with a Whiteblock.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tremek posted:

Did someone say burnout

https://youtu.be/ZQs-YG33sFs

It’s not much but it’s something

Nice run!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

What's the difference between the 2 and the 3R? They look remarkably similar (unless I've gone blind and am missing something incredibly obvious!) Either way they look great on the Volvo.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Absolutely coated in pollen and I haven't even bothered swapping out my winter wheels/tires yet :effort:

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

That was the slowest run of the night, and the meth injection controller was inop, so IATs at the line were insane. Like 175f. Once I can get heat under control in this car it will be Actually Kind Of Fast. Even up here in CO it ought to be capable of 11s.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Tremek posted:

That was the slowest run of the night, and the meth injection controller was inop, so IATs at the line were insane. Like 175f. Once I can get heat under control in this car it will be Actually Kind Of Fast. Even up here in CO it ought to be capable of 11s.

Does the S65 have the differential braking to mimic an LSD like the lesser AMG cars? I remember putting 2 sets of rear pads on my E55 and 0 sets of front pads.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
What happens if you go ahead and install an LSD (as noted in the S65 thread), will the eLSD still operate blindly, or will some sensor sensing grip have the eLSD back off?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Absolutely coated in pollen and I haven't even bothered swapping out my winter wheels/tires yet :effort:

I can respect cop steelies.

wallaka posted:

Does the S65 have the differential braking to mimic an LSD like the lesser AMG cars? I remember putting 2 sets of rear pads on my E55 and 0 sets of front pads.

Interestingly, my 2003 Outback does this, as well as using the ABS for stability control. They called it VDC, and it was a ~*special*~ option/model only available with the H6 at the time.
I can confirm the stability control part works, after having my fun removed drifting around a wet u-turn shortly after I bought it last year. I can defeat it wholesale, but I wish I could keep the LSD part on while defeating the stability control for snow/wet donuts. Not that it snowed at all since I bought it. I really wanted to take my new Subie out and do AWD drifts... (it definitely doesn't have to power to do them in the dry. Or worry about wheelspin at launch.)

I would suspect that installing an actual LSD would moderate the electronic one, depending on how much slip the e-LSD is set up to allow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

What's the difference between the 2 and the 3R? They look remarkably similar (unless I've gone blind and am missing something incredibly obvious!) Either way they look great on the Volvo.

The 'R' I imagine stands for Road as it's the 1-piece deep dish variant, a straight-up SA3 is a forged 3 piece race wheel. The SA2 is just the predecessor of the 3R, without the funky fake-monolug center cap. Spokes are a bit differently shaped between the 2 and 3 as well.

And thanks, I'm super happy with 'em. I might even still like them after I've had to clean between the lip and the spokes a few times :v:

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 11, 2020