Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I loved Guillermo saving the day with his Shark Tank pitch :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013

Oasx posted:

I must admit that I don’t find Guillermo’s story this season particularly interesting.

It started pretty good, but after the 70s Vampire House, he has been just there, though I'm enjoying him gaining some perks.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Benagain posted:

This was my favorite episode of this entire season and possibly the series.

This is me every week

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ZZZorcerer posted:

This is me every week

:same:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A series of events lead me back to this wonderful clip from the film. Be warned, it features the Procession of Shame which is pretty intense poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy4CN9DVPII

Swollen Member
Aug 4, 2019

You know you want it...

seaborgium posted:

He's got the original. Nandor had gotten him a new one. It's even sadder.
Goddamn! I think I'll start using the subtitles; I thought that Old Guy was just being disgusting - the implication that they've both been jizzing in the same pillow for decades went completely over my head.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The jizz went over your head??

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I really like all their different accents they use in the show. A few friends and I have been saying "Maiy-shed Po-tay-toes?" in the Nandor voice for the past couple of weeks.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

NOT NOW JESKK!

Swollen Member
Aug 4, 2019

You know you want it...

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well played. :golfclap:

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

ColinRobertson alt account found:
https://twitter.com/iancanwrite/status/1269691132545564674?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ahahahaha

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

the whole concept of an energy vampire being an actual vampire is just too inspired. Love this show too much, my only minor criticism is that even the main characters seem a little 2-dimensional. Colin bores people, Guillermo is a doormat, Nandor is stubborn and the closest thing to a mediator/leader the vamps have, none of the vampires understand technology, etc. Guillermo's arc this season (and quite frankly since he became a vampire hunter) was such a breath of fresh air. I know it's thematically appropriate for the vampires to all be stuck in the past, but the little child-vamps pulling a bloody Chris Hansen was just so delightful, like adapt you guys! Hopefully the main cast gets a little bit more fleshed out or get their own character arcs in the coming seasons, it's really the only thing that could make this almost perfect show better.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Ms Boods posted:

Don't forget his all-purpose deadpan 'gently caress you'.

Boyfriend?

quote:

Check out Berry's Opium album -- it's very much connected to the music (especially the theme) from Snuff Box. Rich Fulcher (who I know is marmite, but I'm still hoping he makes an appearance in What We Do in the Shadows) makes a very interesting Mama Cass Elliot.

Wife and I just listened to this sat out in the garden based on this recommendation. Great album.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Ms Boods posted:

Berry is also partly responsible for a pisstake of Jesus Christ Superstar called AD/BC.

Just found out this is on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS1eTb6smNM

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1YqGoRNMwZEKv

you're missing Harvey serenade Kayvan right now. After that it's in character celeb impersonations.

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
ColinRobinson wins again!

I love this g drat show.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The doll is back!

“Good luck! I do not think you will succeed!”

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
My body is ready for Guillermo pulling a Neo against the horde.

Edit: season 3 cannot start soon enough.

Probably Infected fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 11, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Gonna be a long rear end year

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

What was his last name?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Boinks posted:

What was his last name?

"de la Cruz" which in English is "of the Cross"

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

.Z. posted:

"de la Cruz" which in English is "of the Cross"

Ah thanks I was expecting Van Helsing but thought he mumbled it.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Great episode. The in memoriam video was an amazing touch. My only complaint was the music during the fight scene sucked.

bigE
Nov 26, 2004

Oh, ye of little faith.
https://ew.com/tv/jemaine-clement-what-we-do-in-the-shadows-season-2-finale/

Discussion of the finale with Jemaine. He also mentions he won't be in the writers' room next year, & that he thinks Wellington Paranormal will be available in the US soon(!).

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I had to look away for a second at the end. Did Guillermo kill Vladislav?

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I'm probably overreaching a hell of a lot here, but the dumb weeb in me wants to believe that Guillermo's last name is a reference to the Castlevania Sorrow games.

Sesq posted:

I had to look away for a second at the end. Did Guillermo kill Vladislav?

Nah, he turned into a bat and got away.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Shitenshi posted:

Nah, he turned into a bat and got away.

They made an editing error and he’s on the stage again right after that scene. :doh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That was so loving great.

I didn't realize we'd reached the end of the season though, dammit. Another year to wait for more.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
ok they got dang did it!!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
You're going to be killed but your biggest complaint is not enough cock and bush at your trap play lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also Nadja mostly being upset that her character is high-fiving people :allears:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Everything about that was great, but I especially love all the Interview references.

That's quite a cliffhanger to end on though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah... they had to pick up their own laundry!

Carol getting into the In Memoriam segment was great :)

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I love where Guillermo’s arc has taken him. He’s an absolute badass killing machine babysitting a bunch of morons.

That is a bummer they couldn’t get Bandaras for it, if only to see Guillermo geek out before killing him.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Guillermo De La Cruz is such a badass vampire hunter name.

I really hope Pamela survived and shows up in a future episode because the concept of a superstar in the energy vampire community confounds and terrifies me. What the hell does she do? Does she sell timeshares? It's gotta be timeshares, right?

God that was such an intense cliffhanger to end on, they definitely topped season one, I both love it because it was great and hate it because now I have to wait a full year for more.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

bigE posted:

https://ew.com/tv/jemaine-clement-what-we-do-in-the-shadows-season-2-finale/

Discussion of the finale with Jemaine. He also mentions he won't be in the writers' room next year, & that he thinks Wellington Paranormal will be available in the US soon(!).

I kind of love how nonchalant he is that he has no idea where the story is going. Bummed to hear he's not going to be in the room given other interviews that talk about how much of his direction went into the tone and setting.

Swollen Member
Aug 4, 2019

You know you want it...
That was a fun finale! Guillermo de la Cruz - stone certified badass! No longer shall he schlep jars of semen around Brooklyn!

Season 3 starts next week, right?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Please refer to me as hanales banales in this thread going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Guillermo Billermo sounds like what they would call the timeline in the Spanish dub of the Good Place.