Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Anyone remember Ice Cube’s show “White. Black.”?

All the media publications from NYT to NPR gave it glowing reviews for its insights on race relations and it won an Emmy for best makeup. Ah, 2006.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wendell posted:

Not an idiot, but I want to point out that Emma Watson’s post has 6 times as many likes as JK’s in just an hour. It ain’t hopeless.

https://twitter.com/EmmaWatson/status/1270826851070619649?s=20

Isn't she also on the UN Commission of Women's Rights or something like that. She's still rich but I don't think she's JK Rowling rich and she's done way more actual good for women's rights internationally.

Honestly, if I was JK Rowling I wouldn't even have a twitter account, or rather, I would have an official account that I never interacted with personally and mostly it would just post announcements about things that would make me money and then random quotes from my books.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kevin DuBrow posted:

All the media publications from NYT to NPR gave it glowing reviews for its insights on race relations and it won an Emmy for best makeup. Ah, 2006.

2006-8 were such garbage years for media. A friendly reminder that when The Big Bang Theory was starting up loving GBS had a megathread on why it was a really good show, promoted by marketers for CBS.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

JK Rowling invented Ralph Wiggum.

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

HAY GUYZ! I want to be a director

Jesus, if I wanted to read a rambling novel with bad politics I would have just picked up her series again.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

If you enjoy conservative shitbag tears, do not miss this click. Holy moley.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/usmc4ever/status/1270823173316100099?s=20

Also wasnt Ice Cube Muslim? What happened bro...this sudden black israelite phase is just weird.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Also wasnt Ice Cube Muslim? What happened bro...this sudden black israelite phase is just weird.

Was he Muslim Muslim or Nation of Islam Muslim?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Grraarrgghh posted:

https://twitter.com/Saga_23_/status/1270853285394747393

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Louis Farrakhan sold the Nation of Islam to Scientology, which is one of those things that sounds like a weird conspiracy theory but is in fact 100% true

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
https://twitter.com/lefttheprairie/status/1270825818101616643

this one's good stuff

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I ran Evil Hatsune Miku's TERF post through Watson Personality Insights, my favorite way to judge people using computers.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Haha, the agreeableness, taking pleasure in life, and conscientiousness scores.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Oh yes, I think about it a lot.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

Was he Muslim Muslim or Nation of Islam Muslim?

Ice Cube - When Will They Shoot, 1992 posted:

I met Farrakhan and had dinner
And you ask if I'm a five-percenter, well
No, but I go where the brothers go
Down with Compton Mosque, Number 54
Made a little dough, still got a sister on my elbow

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Grraarrgghh posted:

:kiss:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/1270863746131300358?s=19

Lol imagine getting dunked on by Chuck tingle

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It's a lot of work but I'm going to write a very popular series for children and go full terf once my fame plateaus. All to get a shoutout from Chuck.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm glad I've never read a Harry Potter.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/JuliansRum/status/1270777159616004097

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
fitna whole pizza in my mouth!!!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/MSDNCNews/status/1270856353477779458

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

As someone who did, and enjoyed them (one of my sisters was eleven and so in exactly the right age group when Harry Potter became big, and I was sixteen and read everything ever in lieu of having friends), but also hasn't reread them in quite some time, during which I've gone back to school and am just a few credits away from a degree in English (with a minor in biology, because fight me) and as such has got really a whole lot better at analysing literature since my early twenties when the last book come out.... part of me wants to go back to them now and then just. thoroughly tear them apart. Chapter by chapter. Write about symbolism and bigotry and poor writing and just, I dunno, exorcise the nostalgia. It's a weird feeling.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I'm sure there are a dozen podcasts already devoted to that, if you want the catharsis without the effort.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think, or at least hope that's satire.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

Skwirl posted:

I think, or at least hope that's satire.

It's "conservative humor"

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

...with a 'HOOK' !

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

TKIY posted:

Never read the comments. Christ.

If your opinion is 'that black guy deserved to be murdered by the cops in broad daylight over a supposed $20 property crime' then get hosed.

My boss called me and a co-worker I to the office last week (I think? 2020 time has been weird) to ask "if Mr Floyd had not tried to pass off a fake $20 would he still be alive? Yes or no"

Dude owns a MAGA hat though so what do you expect?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

RoboRodent posted:

As someone who did, and enjoyed them (one of my sisters was eleven and so in exactly the right age group when Harry Potter became big, and I was sixteen and read everything ever in lieu of having friends), but also hasn't reread them in quite some time, during which I've gone back to school and am just a few credits away from a degree in English (with a minor in biology, because fight me) and as such has got really a whole lot better at analysing literature since my early twenties when the last book come out.... part of me wants to go back to them now and then just. thoroughly tear them apart. Chapter by chapter. Write about symbolism and bigotry and poor writing and just, I dunno, exorcise the nostalgia. It's a weird feeling.

The Shrieking Shack is a podcast that does exactly that.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

Len posted:

My boss called me and a co-worker I to the office last week (I think? 2020 time has been weird) to ask "if Mr Floyd had not tried to pass off a fake $20 would he still be alive? Yes or no"

sounds like you need to kneel on your boss' neck until he decides maybe it isn't actually good & cool

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Len posted:

Obviously this is completely besides the point, but do we even actually know for certain if George Floyd was trying to pass a fake twenty?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
America when we don't talk about race

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Dixville posted:

...with a 'HOOK' !

Lmao nice dubious quotations

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Well Manicured Man posted:

The Shrieking Shack is a podcast that does exactly that.

Someone else mentioned this to me, too. I might check it out.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I kinda felt like i missed out as a kid since i sorta missed the age where i mightve read it (elementary school??) reading John Bellairs and Judy Blume (and tom clancy and michael crichton lmao). I liked Pokemon and other kid trend poo poo, but I never bothered with Harry Potter.

After i passed a certain age (12?) it was just never gonna happen out of basic self-respect.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Was trying not to be a jerk to this guy but he's either a child or intentionally obtuse

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I kinda felt like i missed out as a kid since i sorta missed the age where i mightve read it (elementary school??) reading John Bellairs and Judy Blume (and tom clancy and michael crichton lmao). I liked Pokemon and other kid trend poo poo, but I never bothered with Harry Potter.

After i passed a certain age (12?) it was just never gonna happen out of basic self-respect.

I was the perfect age and most of my friends loved it but i tried to read the first book and hated it so i never tried again

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

I still remember my mom buying the first book with me at K-Mart way back when. I ended up bailing after the forth book. I had and still have a problem with reading because of ADD, so I'll always remember how happy she was when I finished those books. I'll forever hate Rowling for tainting these memories a bit with her bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/UnburntWitch/status/1270832154868477953