Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

If you want to level up the fastest you should be running VHAQ Floating Facility 24/7. I was making 5+ levels an hour with a solid group. Was also making 500k to 1m meseta an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Regarding the currencies, this is what I've picked up. It seems like there are three currencies that give you endgame/near endgame stuff at the moment and are worth thinking about and it's the three weapon badges (Unique, Rising 1, and Rising 2).

Rising Weapon Badge 1 is for an entry endgame unit set (Brissa) and Rising Weapon Badge 2 is for the current best unit set (Circuray). Unique Weapon Badge can get you a starting 13* endgame weapon.

The others:

Photon Booster Shop is for 11* weapons that can then be converted into EX-Cubes. There's also some skins if you like the look of one. You will be drowning in Photon Boosters after any amount of Advance Quest farming. Edit: Given that you can convert these weapons at any time, these are also an option while leveling to get some placeholder gear.

The Photon Drop shop is to convert the lesser tier Photon items into Photon Spheres or Boosters. The tier order is Drop->Crystal->Sphere->Booster, of which only the last two have uses. Spheres can be used for some helpful consumables, mostly MAG related. Spheres and Boosters are also used for unlocking potentials on weapons.

Astracite shop doesn't seem very useful at the moment, but I believe that will be expanded on in the future. If you're a FO though, the Psycho Wand in there is a pretty good starter endgame weapon.

Ex-Cubes are for various consumables. The notable ones are:
  • 1000 Fun Ticket (for fishing for non AC player shop passes from the fun scratch)
  • Rare Drop Boost +250% (self explanatory)
  • Caramel Crusher (for Summoner pets)
  • Augmentation Aid +30/40 (for endgame augments)

I think that should be about it for all the different currencies currently?

Hyper Inferno fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 10, 2020

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I made a thing for the upcoming raid boss this week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ9ZE62aTQI

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is leveling my character or mag for dex the most consistent way to add more tech pow/def? I need to upgrade to a new set of jet boots asap but am just short of both.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I had to cancel an update for PSO2 and now the launcher won't load. How hosed am I

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
If you are playing Braver, leveling your Mag in DEX is the quickest way to go to get more Tech power, especially if you're willing to grind out the Mag feeding box on alts. Don't put points in your Mag for defense for pretty much any reason, just be patient and gain the levels for the equipment that requires the defense.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Braver Mag is Dex to Melee and Ranged power.

Bouncer Mag is Dex to Melee and Tech power.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Welp had to uninstall it, it apparently split itself into two on patching and hosed both :cool:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

So what happens if you beat more than one of the magatsus in the final quest where you're piloting a robot? do you get more than one loot crystal?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Frush posted:

They're a type of quest where you pay advance capsules to play them, and you can pay more to increase the difficulty. Ostensibly, this increases rare drop rates and EXP. Completing one increases the level by +1 as well, so you can chain a bunch of them, ideally in a group. If you pay Capsule A's, on that level you earn B's. On the next level you pay B's, but earn C's. On C levels you earn A's. There's also D, E, & F, but since they're 70k meseta each and you need 10 instead of one I haven't really messed around with that yet.

Group leaders can pay the capsule cost as well, which is real nice when someone with a ton of D, E, or F capsule can start a SHAQ run with people who recently unlocked the ability to run them since you can build up your own capsule stockpile starting in that initial run. I think you receive a box of capsules at some point too.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Zereth posted:

So what happens if you beat more than one of the magatsus in the final quest where you're piloting a robot? do you get more than one loot crystal?

You get more/better loot from the one crystal at the end. There's 3 of them in total in that quest, although the time to take out all of them can be tight unless everyone in the group knows what they're doing

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Evil Fluffy posted:

Group leaders can pay the capsule cost as well, which is real nice when someone with a ton of D, E, or F capsule can start a SHAQ run with people who recently unlocked the ability to run them since you can build up your own capsule stockpile starting in that initial run. I think you receive a box of capsules at some point too.

And don't forget someone buying capsules in the alliance shop gives them to everyone in the alliance. Go pick up yours today.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'm level 47 Braver. Is that high enough to try these capsule quests? What's the best way to find a group to do them?

If I'm still too low level for that, should I just mindlessly grind missions? Is there something specific to level quickest?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RBA Starblade posted:

Welp had to uninstall it, it apparently split itself into two on patching and hosed both :cool:

sup downloaded another 70gb buddy

i've been waiting for psotweaker to finish chowning the game folders for like 30 minutes.

on an ssd.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Annath posted:

I'm level 47 Braver. Is that high enough to try these capsule quests? What's the best way to find a group to do them?

If I'm still too low level for that, should I just mindlessly grind missions? Is there something specific to level quickest?
Just try one. The level recommendations in this game are hilariously conservative, and even if you fail you've only lost one capsule (i.e. nothing) and five minutes of your time.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
OK, so this loving game lets you visit the personal quarters of people in your friend's list and put YOUR furniture in THEIR personal quarters.

So my real life friend who just got the keys to his virtual house opens the door and is treated to a furry in a bathtub, and instantly turns around and nopes outta there

TalonDemonKing posted:

Back and Leg Diavo pieces with Glan Pike arms nets you a fair amount of HP, some PP, a decent amount of resists, and 100 attack across the board. The leg is the most expensive piece (I got mine for about 300k), with the other pieces being sub 100k. Spend the rest of the money on grinding them up to +10.

Thanks, I see Leg Diavo for 200k, or +10 Leg Diavo for 350k. How much does it cost to grind to +10 myself if I'm generally somewhat unlucky?

edit: OK figured it out. It's 17500 just to enhance once, so it's 175k if I'm 100% lucky... in practice it takes triple that much to hit +10. So yeah the 350k for the already +10 was a good deal.

edit 2: One more question, is it better to buy stuff with x0 augments or x4 augments? I assume less because it's hard to get rid of crappy augments? Or something?

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 11, 2020

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

So I got my ABR boost to +150% on drop rate and exp, but my Meseta bonus is still 0%... Am I doing something wrong or is there just no bonus for meseta?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I just did a VHAQ+50 and we had three PSEs that went well beyond 4 minutes and needless to say I got a shitload of boosters and like 6 levels. What should I do with these boosters? I have all the skins.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Boy I feel stupid. I realized today that I haven't been using the Jetsweep Kick at all because it wasn't assigned to my hotbar. :doh:

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

You guys are forgetting the biggest update of all. The NA launcher has been patched so it no longer has huge FPS drops in crowded blocks.
You no longer need to download the tweaker to get the game running properly. Or, maybe you do. But, I hope its not because of that.

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

Is there currently any way to affix special augments like Mark Anger or Fang Soul to an item that does not already have those augments???

Right now it seems like you can only augment generic things like Stamina, Spirit etc...

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Numberwang!!! posted:

Is there currently any way to affix special augments like Mark Anger or Fang Soul to an item that does not already have those augments???

Right now it seems like you can only augment generic things like Stamina, Spirit etc...

You can't affix Marks yet. You can affix souls. You need more than one usually though.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Annath posted:

that's right about when i jumped in on my Braver and i had no trouble at all. everything hits like a truck so you have to have a little more situational awareness than normal, but other than that. i find i'll get some randos hopping into my VHAQ within about two minutes, usually at least one person instantly.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Jeff Goldblum posted:

You guys are forgetting the biggest update of all. The NA launcher has been patched so it no longer has huge FPS drops in crowded blocks.
You no longer need to download the tweaker to get the game running properly. Or, maybe you do. But, I hope its not because of that.

Even if they did fix it, the fact that your files are stuck in mutable hell means that windows store fuckery or accidentally hitting no on the run as admin prompt could send your files into purgatory thanks to how Microsoft Store works.

Best way I've seen to do things is via the developer mode powershell trick to install the files in a different location and putting the folder somewhere not in the controlled windowsapps environment.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

jokes posted:

I just did a VHAQ+50 and we had three PSEs that went well beyond 4 minutes and needless to say I got a shitload of boosters and like 6 levels. What should I do with these boosters? I have all the skins.

Trade the boosters for the LV 10 or 11 (I forget what they actually are) weapons and then take those to the swap shot for EX Cubes. Then trade those in for FUN tickets. I ended up with 27000 FUN earlier today and I have 2 more 3-Day shop passes on top of the one I'm currently using. I'm sitting at 9 million bucks even after blowing a bunch on fashion.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I did the SH Magatsu event and I got like 100 9* weapons or greater. I turned most of the 10* into photon spheres since I was dangerously low, and a handful of EX cubes. I guess I don’t know what I’m supposed to do with drops.

If it’s 12* or higher I keep them to dump into the market at some point, 11* I turn into cubes and 10* I turn into spheres/cubes. 9* or lower I just sell to vendors right? (Unless they’re +5 I keep around to enhance other weapons).

Also, I use a 12* nox assault rifle and spent like 800k upgrading it to max while I get to 75 (my ranger is 56).

Am I doing everything right?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'd swap shop the more useless 12 star weapons into Lambda Grinders.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
Eventually when you get a good 13 or more weapon you want to upgrade, you'll want to upgrade those 12 stars to +30 to feed into it since it's so much more expensive to upgrade a 13 than a 12. I think it only takes 4 or 5 +30 12 star weapons to max a 13. The main thing being that 12 used normal grinders, and 13 uses the Lamda ones.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

But other than that I’m managing items correctly?

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

loot guide for 10 star plus stuff:
below 10 stars: sort your inventory by augments with all your random clutter in hand. if it's got like, 6+ augments, check the augment marrket price (the game helpfully already sets it up to # of augments and highlights the good ones) to see if it's worth anything. otherwise use for mag food, vendor, or affixing if you can be bothered to keep affixing clutter on hand. there's like, a few affixes that are worth money on their own but they're really rare and generally not worth enough to bother with scanning each and every weapon, but that's just me.
10 stars: photon spheres or excubes, depending on what you need. when in doubt, excubes.
11 stars: excubes, there's not really many (if any?) places where they drop, see photon boosters.
photon boosters: turn into 11 star weapons at the shop on the upper end of the shopping area, opposite side from the salon. and then turn the 11 star weapons into cubes.
12 stars: sell nox if you can. generally sigma is no longer worth bothering to sell. you can check the price of other various random 12 stars but most of them probably won't sell either. mash them into eachother to make +30 weapons, then use those to feed your 13 star or more weapons to save on lambda grinders. if you're ever out of lambda grinders, you can turn 12 star weapons into more. excess 12 star weapons can be used to feed your alt class weapons too if you're lazy like me.

10 star units: just turn them into photon spheres none of them are useful (outside of selling ones with super rare affixes/7+ good affixes etc)
10 star eggs: lambda grinders.

Meeko fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 11, 2020

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Is something busted with Alliance chat? No one has said anything in Vacancy Nol besides me in like 6+ hours.

explosivo posted:

Boy I feel stupid. I realized today that I haven't been using the Jetsweep Kick at all because it wasn't assigned to my hotbar. :doh:

Don't feel bad, I don't use it at all because it's clunky and misses half the time.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

nyttyn posted:

loot guide for 10 star plus stuff:
below 10 stars: sort your inventory by augments with all your random clutter in hand. if it's got like, 6+ augments, check the augment marrket price (the game helpfully already sets it up to # of augments and highlights the good ones) to see if it's worth anything. otherwise use for mag food, vendor, or affixing if you can be bothered to keep affixing clutter on hand. there's like, a few affixes that are worth money on their own but they're really rare and generally not worth enough to bother with scanning each and every weapon, but that's just me.
10 stars: photon spheres or excubes, depending on what you need. when in doubt, excubes.
11 stars: excubes, there's not really many (if any?) places where they drop, see photon boosters.
photon boosters: turn into 11 star weapons at the shop on the upper end of the shopping area, opposite side from the salon. and then turn the 11 star weapons into cubes.
12 stars: sell nox if you can. generally sigma is no longer worth bothering to sell. you can check the price of other various random 12 stars but most of them probably won't sell either. mash them into eachother to make +30 weapons, then use those to feed your 13 star or more weapons to save on lambda grinders. if you're ever out of lambda grinders, you can turn 12 star weapons into more. excess 12 star weapons can be used to feed your alt class weapons too if you're lazy like me.

10 star units: just turn them into photon spheres none of them are useful (outside of selling ones with super rare affixes/7+ good affixes etc)
10 star eggs: lambda grinders.

To add to this, if you're really concerned about hording items with good affixes, two of the more notable ones are Apprentice Soul and Modulator on a 5+ slot weapon or 3+ slot unit. You will only ever get these from Emergency fights where you fight clones or Persona so do a quick scan of anything that drops from them. Everything else is pretty cheap at the moment I think.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I'm having some confusion with Bouncer. I know how to do everything, but the Element Charge for the boots is throwing me. I get it and I use it regularly. I know that doing a neutral Weapon Action resets to the base element of boots. Making great progress and having loads of fun.

What is confusing me is that while experimenting in the drop ship I noticed my Elemental Change on the Jet Boots only stayed active for 10 seconds or so. I would do a few normal attacks and get the visual effect for whatever element I used the first few seconds, but it would quickly reset to the basic element (Light in this case). The same thing would happen if I used a Technique and just waited a little bit. I would attack and get no visual effect for an element. I am absolutely certain I did not do a Weapon Action any of the times I tried this and the same thing happened every time. I am actually headed to work and needed to log off right after I noticed, so I can't experiment until later. I was under the impression that my charge would stay until I purposely (or accidentally) reset it.

So, I guess I have two questions.

1) Is there some way to tell what element the boots are set to other than the visual effect?

2)Is the reason I'm losing the Element Charge because I do not have enough Gear/Focus? If so, will it resume whatever Charge I had it set to when I recover Focus?

I'm sorry to annoy people. I'm sure this has come up before, and I have even seen people ask similar questions elsewhere. The only answer anyone ever gives is "The only thing that clears charge is using a Weapon Action.", which again, I absolutely am not using. I have made sure to press either basic attack only or literally nothing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
If your Focus Gauge is at 0 you don't get the elemental effect (though it does remember what element you have set).

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Honestly im surprised people haven't poked Sega about adding an element icon to the gauge. I know they went out of their way for summoners to add a pet HP bar and status symbols for sympathy, so it's not impossible to do.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I love whomever subtitled "godspeed operative" as "gods be operative" on the falz arms fight.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

I love whomever subtitled "godspeed operative" as "gods be operative" on the falz arms fight.

There's a lot of..odd mistakes, mostly in the system text ("Dagan ExterminationLeft Trial", randomly fullcaps headers in random menus, Zig's talk option making it seem like he's shouting for trades) but that one is the most bizarre by far. It has to have been transcribed from the VO because there's no other way they could have gotten that, surely.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I got my Yamigarasu up to +30, but now I'm trying to figure out if taking it the rest of the way to 35 would be worth it, or even just throwing a couple more yamis at it to get it up to 60 element. I guess I'll probably be using it for a while, especially since it's an all-class weapon.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Element is almost always worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Risa's client orders ask you to bring Lisa on missions.

How often do the unscheduled UQs happen? I need just a couple more astracites from Arm Guy and I just missed that one.