Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hi y'all, it's me, the person who usually does the Road to E3 threads. well, a few things have happened since last june:

- ESA accidentally doxxed everyone who went to E3 the last several years
- a virus forced everyone indoors right when animal crossing came out. COINCIDENCE??????
- multiple cities are now on fire
- i got a turbografx16 mini and neo geo mini and have been playing them non-stop until the roof caves in on me

so even if E3 were to happen, I wouldn't be able to put in the usual (slight) effort to make a big thread with lots of, well, the same GIFs from E3 2009 and 2010 because E3 hasn't really been funny since then. but now there's no E3, and no Cash, and no Jobs.

all those ancient E3 memories will be lost in time, like tears in rain. time to (far) cry

BUT THERE ARE STILL EVENTS:

pictured above: 5 year old E3 GIFs that still work for some reason, all of them from ubisoft

June 11th
Playstation 5 "The Future of Gaming" Presentation -- 1 PM PT/4 PM ET
We've seen the wall-e rear end controller, we watched mark cerny talk for 2 hours about nerd poo poo no one even understands, but what about ~the games~. that time is now apparently, where we will see some games maybe. or just some pre-rendered trailers since COVID is keeping every programmer cooped up in their bedrooms staring at their phone looking at social media waiting for death.

June 13th
Guerilla Collective Live - 9 AM PT/NOON ET
A showcase of various developers, focused primarily on indie teams. it's being hosted by Kinda Funny Games' greg miller, so expect a lot of........................ humor. There will also be a livestream running across three days, it sounds like.

Publishers/developers confirmed for Guerilla Collective Live: Larian Studios, 11bit, Funcom, Paradox, Nightdive, a lot of indies

The PC Gaming Show -- NOON PT/3 PM ET
Day9's event, which is probably the event least likely to change in today's current climate, because his event was already just quiet interviews with developers on couches followed by trailers. so I would expect the exact same thing but over a Zoom call.

Publishers/developers confirmed for PC Gaming Show: 2K, Atlus, DONTNOD, Frontier, Humble Games, Merge, Perfect World, Rebellion, Sega, Tripwire, XSEED and others.

The Future Games Show -- 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
This is an hour long event run by GamesRadar, so I'm not sure if this will be all that special.. but it exists on the schedule. Nolan North is apparently hosting this, he's already in every game so he might as well.

Publishers/developers confirmed for Future Games Show: Square-Enix, Devolver Digital, Deep Silver, Raw Fury, TinyBuild, Hi-Rez Studios, Curve Digital

June 18th
EA Play Live 2020 -- 4 PM PT/7 PM ET
Every year the least necessary E3-adjacent event continues to not die. Last year's wasn't even a proper event and they talked about Sims 4 a lot, a game that had already been out for a while. EA just got another 5 year exclusive deal with the NFL for reasons I can't fathom other than incumbance. i don't even know what they're working on outside of sports. jedi fallen order DLC? battlefront 6? idk. they should bring back B.O.B. from the Sega Genesis. have i made this reference before??? i am definitely losing my mind.

June 22nd
Summer Game Fest -- 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
This is Geoff Keighley's event, but due to COVID he can't have his best friend Boogie "nazi medical experimentation was a silver lining of the holocaust" 2988 on the stream with him. he has been doing Steam game demo festivals for indie games, will this be the first time AAA developers get in on it? the event description mentions both indie and AAA games will be shown.

June 23rd
New Game+ Expo -- 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Another showcase of various developers, will include Sega, SNK, Wayforward, Koei Tecmo, Natsume. Wayforward released Shantae 5 to just about zero fanfare, so I would assume their next game is something licensed... maybe this time they won't hitch their wagons to a dead-on-arrival franchise like The Universal Classic Monsters Cinematic Universe.

July 12th
Ubisoft Forward -- 12 PM PT/3 PM ET
Ubisoft was the only fun event at E3s and now COVID and social distancing has made that impossible. i guess technically they could have people in animal suits together in a room if the suits keep the air particles trapped inside, and gently caress, that would be miserable. the big game for Ubisoft this year is Assassin's Creed Valhalla, which is the third game in their Witcher 3 knockoff trilogy. maybe they have another Nintendo collaboration coming??

July 20th
Summer Games Fest Pt. 2 -- TBA

August 27th
Gamescom Opening Night Live (more Geoff Keighley) -- TBA

--

And so it made sense to me to still do a thread this year, to keep discussion all in one place, because (A) I suspect discussion will be a lot more muted this year, on account of (B) the 'events' will be much tamer and ordinary without stage presence due to COVID, and (C) there's not a lot of publicity going on with these events aside from the Sony presentation.

So this is gonna be a very different year and a very different kind of thread... we're not going to see people in giraffe and panda suits getting on one knee in memoriam of those killed by police brutality, we're not going to see acted out skits of people pretending that motion controls or VR are so immersive it's like they're really in the game, and we're mostly going to see people in their living rooms Skyping with game developers in other rooms and then showing trailers.

I'll be around, maybe, depends on whether the city I live in gets completely destroyed. When events happen, I'm sure twitch links will go here, or they'll just get posted on the most recent page.

Thanks for stopping by! Be nice and chill, I know everyone's stir-crazy but let's not tear each other apart in a shark-like frenzy because every game 'looks like dogshit' or your favorite console is getting mocked or whatever.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I legit really enjoy these liveposting threads, and am sad e3 is cancelled

:rip:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I had fun live posting with goons about a bunch of games I only occasionally actually care about, weird as it sounds.

The paid studio audience for the Bethesda presentation were the highlight of June.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I wonder when Nintendo is just going to drop announce all their new, rad poo poo.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Thank you Sony for continuing to provide us with some laffs in these desperate times.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

don't forget there's some kind of Sega "megaton" about to drop I guess

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

my god, who gave them weapons?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Phantasy star online 2 card battle

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Please give me Jet Set Radio

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Advent Rising 2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Sony event has been postponed, for obvious reasons. Probably only by a week, which would put it on the same day as EA's event but earlier.

That said, we may be a few days away from Doom 2 becoming real life, so events might get delayed further.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

I know it isn't going to be a new console, but the few moments of wistful daydreaming about it being a new console were very nice.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The PC Gaming Show's been delayed to the 13th.

Sega's 'big announcement' was "fog computing" to extend their japanese arcade centers to the home gamer, nothing that really impacts us Americans. They also announced a Game Gear Micro that is too small to even play on and only comes with 4 games per unit at a ~$50 MSRP. Sega and hardware continue to be water and oil.

I don't think a new date for Sony's event has been announced yet.. but it seems like there won't be any events this week, and events next week might get pushed back as well.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
As expected Guerrilla‘s thing got delayed too.

https://twitter.com/GuerrillaCollec/status/1268702562569433088?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So all the jokes about a guy called Bowser taking over Nintendo America last year suddenly seem like they probably should have been taken more seriously :ohdear:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Thanks for the update, I've updated the OP. I guess we're still waiting on a new date for Sony's thing?

e: EA Play Live has been delayed to the 18th.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 5, 2020

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

We now have an official new date for the Sony PS5 conference: this Thursday. Microsoft pulled out of June for now but might just be waiting to see what Sony's conference is like before announcing theirs.

Atlus will be presenting something at the PC Gaming Show, of course everyone wants it to be Persona 5 but atlus doesn't really give PC gamers what they 'want', per se

Here was Guerilla Collective's special presentation for BLM showcasing black creators/developers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrHDArG8Cm8

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 8, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm excited to see the PS5's launch lineup.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

IGN is doing a three day stream of various upcoming games that went live today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GP6g5m_P7w

As a reminder, Sony's event is tomorrow!

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
I have spent part of the last 15 Junes in a dark air conditioned room watching press conferences and game trailers. actually one year e3 was during bonnaroo and another it was during governors ball but you bet your rear end I was looking at the game footage on my phone the whole time. I have two kids now but still do the same thing this time of year. I should be assaulted and get my rear end kicked real bad

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Show a good game already!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I do not believe that a trailer for Mortal Shell is "the moment we've all been waiting for"

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

this is the most dark souls-looking thing not called dark souls

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Dark Souls but less subtle, but also tight leather straps.

Combat does not look very good.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 10, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Legally Distinct Souls

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Drink the juice from the sacred glans

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I was ready to write this whole thing off but then they end with a game where you build and defend trains.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

John Romero posted:

I have spent part of the last 15 Junes in a dark air conditioned room watching press conferences and game trailers. actually one year e3 was during bonnaroo and another it was during governors ball but you bet your rear end I was looking at the game footage on my phone the whole time. I have two kids now but still do the same thing this time of year. I should be assaulted and get my rear end kicked real bad

i'll kick your rear end if you kick mine

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I'm more excited then I thought I would be for the PS5 reveal, and I look forward to everyone in this thread to keep me grounded today at 3:00 PM CST.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

here's my idiotic prediction for poo poo today:

- Resident Evil 8
- Silent Hill
- Horizon Zero Dawn 2
- Insomniac game not Spider-Man
- Demon Souls remake
- Destiny 2 stuff
- Jak and Daxter remaster
- Legacy of Kain returns
- Bloody Roar
- Marvel vs Capcom 4 lol

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Why are so many people talking about a reboot of Legacy of Kain? Was there a rumor or leak? I LOVE Soul Reaver so this would be amazing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Megasabin posted:

Why are so many people talking about a reboot of Legacy of Kain? Was there a rumor or leak? I LOVE Soul Reaver so this would be amazing.

1 or 2 leakers have mentioned that Kain/Jak and Daxter are both coming and Bluepoint is working on a Soul Reaver remake with Squeenix. Take it with a grain of salt but it would be a very cool project, Bluepoint did an amazing job with Shadow of the Colossus

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
MGS the complete collection HD (also available on pc please)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DLC Inc posted:

1 or 2 leakers have mentioned that Kain/Jak and Daxter are both coming and Bluepoint is working on a Soul Reaver remake with Squeenix. Take it with a grain of salt but it would be a very cool project, Bluepoint did an amazing job with Shadow of the Colossus

A Bluepoint Soul Reaver remake would be amazing since that trilogy is just a few rough edges short of true greatness. RIP Tony Jay though, they'd have to get a soundalike if there was any dialogue added back into the game.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
I am incredibly excited for the Alex Kidd remake that got announced yesterday, never thought we'd see that little guy ever again. Sega's doing an excellent job lately actually letting poo poo get done with their dormant IP's.

Pretty sure there's gonna be a new Crash game announced today since some merch leaked, but hey what if this is also the year for a new Tomba and Jumping Flash???

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Panic Restaurant posted:

I am incredibly excited for the Alex Kidd remake that got announced yesterday, never thought we'd see that little guy ever again. Sega's doing an excellent job lately actually letting poo poo get done with their dormant IP's.

Yeah me too! I wish they'd outsource sonic the hedgehog away from Sonic team too!

Cant wait to see what sony has in store for us, I'm kinda sad there's no Central Hype Zone like E3 anymore especially at a console launch year.

Also, I am ULTRA hyped for the SNK conference on the 23rd since in all likelyhood they will be announcing the new METAL SLUG game coming to consoles this year, hell loving yes....

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

No Konami or Namco?

E: Sorry for messing up the first page. E3's all been downhill since Giant Enemy Crab and it must be getting to me.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 11, 2020

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

edit: oops wrong thread

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 11, 2020

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

e: oops

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

No Konami or Namco?

Silent Hill is heavily rumored to be part of the PS5 stuff this week, though it has nothing to do with the previous Kojima/Ito/del Toro project, sadly. It does involve a lot of the original team though and is supposed to be a soft reboot or something.