Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Looks like Shawn has someone else to yell at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

AJ, would you like to set the record straight on being accused of being racist?

"I'm just here to entertain people"

:fuckoff:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
"The black community?!"

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
If they don't address this next week either, I think I might be done with NXT.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Those 2 NXT clips are so excruciating to watch. Everything just feels so over-rehearsed and inauthentic. It's such a stark contrast from watching AEW.

Also, Mauro is exhausting. You don't need to explain everything as it happens. Let people see it and have it sink in. His delivery of "I believe Hijo del Fantasma just revealed himself to be Santos Escobar!" was so maddening. Of course he did! He just said it 9 seconds earlier!

That's just WWE and how they operate. JR does the same thing on AEW from time to time.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

AJ, would you like to set the record straight on being accused of being racist?

"I'm just here to entertain people"

:fuckoff:

I think most people blame the certain Orange Goblin for this. He did make things like "good people on both sides" and "I have to look into that" non answers more common responses. Just so it's said for people that may not know: refusing to say things like "Nazis are terrible and I don't support their beliefs" can be taken as acceptance by those same awful people. It has never has been a good reply but, especially in these times, is a poor choice. Don't do this. I know to most this will seem like common sense but, since it apparently needs to be said, here it is. Don't do it. If you use answers like this bear in mind you are outing yourself as someone who likes institutionalized racism and oppression and we appreciate you letting us know which side of the fence you sit. You also don't get to play the victim if people call you out on it. Hope this helps. Thanks and best wishes to all out there,
SomedumbgoonnamedDogsinSpace!

P.S. The earth is round and trying to believe otherwise is ludicrous. "They're just asking questions" is also a ridiculous response. Unless you are a time traveling barbarian then boy you've got some surprises coming to you and how are you reading this thread? Also avoid most of the food and drink as it will kill you.

edit: decided to change my name

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 11, 2020

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
This Asking Questions business is so weird to me because obviously asking questions is a good thing for little children because it helps them understand the world. But as an adult you should have slowly reached the state of mind where you don't need to ask so many loving questions anymore, especially not if the earth is loving round. I'd say the cut-off for looking like a dumbass for just asking questions is somewhere around 12 year olds. After that people turn into pricks who weaponize asking questions to be annoying.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its just a boilerplate dumbass right wing deflection from actually having to defend bullshit opinions.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Does anyone in WWE know that you don't have to keep Latinx people around each other at all times?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Incessant Excess posted:

If they don't address this next week either, I think I might be done with NXT.

What’s the context for this?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

What’s the context for this?

Ninja abductions getting more difficult with release latches in trunks.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
So the guys who were kidnapped in the parking lot months ago were actually in on it and just kidnapped themselves. Why? What did they gain from any of that?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Hopkins FBI posted:

Does anyone in WWE know that you don't have to keep Latinx people around each other at all times?

Shouts out to the pre-New Day period where Kofi and R-Truth were a tag team because............. they were such good friends? Definitely no other reason than that.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

JT Smiley posted:

So the guys who were kidnapped in the parking lot months ago were actually in on it and just kidnapped themselves. Why? What did they gain from any of that?

Leverage, momentum, mindgames

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

JT Smiley posted:

They were not in on it, they got brainwashed by Escobar.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

JT Smiley posted:

Ever thought you'd kidnap yourself to see how your friends and loved ones would react?

They did that, and became :smith: and :smith:-er each week.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

Ever thought you'd kidnap yourself to see how your friends and loved ones would react?

I tried it 80 years ago... and nobody has show up yet. But I'm sure Mom will come back any day now.

:smith:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Point up on TNA, this is way more resolution than we ever got on Samoa Joe being kidnapped.

Now we just need to know who attacked Hideo Itami and we're caught up.

Grendels Dad posted:

There's better ways to get HHH's attention.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Did they hurt Spud and aid in Fantasma winning the belt or something? It does seem like just hosed around a bunch with each other in masks for fun.

NXT feels very silly in that way. Like Dexter Shaw stalking Roderick Strong and him running away in terror and the whole Kross/Scarlett thing which plays way more silly than scary. With the empty arenas and small Performance Center NXT feels like a high school Drama Club with no supervision.

Also I love Fantasma/Cuerno and don't care how handsome he is. They took off a legendary mask that made him stand out in WWE and made him yet another dude with long black hair and a beard.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Blaise330 posted:

This is why it's handy to have the crowd on your payroll

https://streamable.com/yr8u6e

I give it like a 30% chance that the "fall and pray" chant woulda gotten over, or at the very least, full-sail-over. There's waaaay less than 1% chance the "tick... tock... tick... tock" chant would get over.

I was thinking this while watching the show too. Also there's no way the serial killer guy is getting anything but a confused reaction at this point without the paid crowd.

Lucha Underground really did solve wrestling for the modern age, crowds should be at least 30% extras on scale for every taping.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

STAC Goat posted:

Did they hurt Spud and aid in Fantasma winning the belt or something? It does seem like just hosed around a bunch with each other in masks for fun.

Yes but the kidnapping started like 2 months before the tourney. Heck the failed attempt on Escobar was like a week or two after wrestlemania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEWZidAnArI

Wait is there a 4th man?

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 11, 2020

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
CM Punk doing a Boogie Cousins to AJ rules.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Blaise330 posted:

Yes but the kidnapping started like 2 months before the tourney. Heck the failed attempt on Escobar was like a week or two after wrestlemania

I'm gonna stretch a lot and try and call this another example of WWE stealing ideas from TNA.

Bully Ray secretly formed Aces & Eights before the Bound for Glory Series to help him win it, going so far as to have them attack him to keep suspicions off him, but then Hardy beat Bully for the BFG Series so he kept the charade going and instead shifted his plan into seducing Hulk Hogan's daughter and having the Aces & Eights attack their wedding to form a bond with Hulk and get him to give him a shot at Hardy's World Title.

So if Spud had actually paid off his story and won the title it means Fantasma would have had to keep the masks on and seduce Xia Brookside or something.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Blaise330 posted:

There's better ways to get HHH's attention.

I wonder if Triple H and Vince watch all 97 hours of WWE programming every week; the main shows, NXT, web shows, etc.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Seems weird Y2AJ broke up so quickly, you'd think two racist dudes would have a common bond and get along.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

STAC Goat posted:

I'm gonna stretch a lot and try and call this another example of WWE stealing ideas from TNA.

Bully Ray secretly formed Aces & Eights before the Bound for Glory Series to help him win it, going so far as to have them attack him to keep suspicions off him, but then Hardy beat Bully for the BFG Series so he kept the charade going and instead shifted his plan into seducing Hulk Hogan's daughter and having the Aces & Eights attack their wedding to form a bond with Hulk and get him to give him a shot at Hardy's World Title.

So if Spud had actually paid off his story and won the title it means Fantasma would have had to keep the masks on and seduce Xia Brookside or something.

drat I got swerved by you not segwaying into talking about Samoa Joe being kidnapped in a parking lot by ninjas in a van.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Blaise330 posted:

drat I got swerved by you not segwaying into talking about Samoa Joe being kidnapped in a parking lot by ninjas in a van.

Well AEW stole the ending to that story when Taz debuted Brian Cage in AEW so WWE either had to shift directions or paint a penis on Fantasma's face.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

MRT gonna fill a whole NY64 just from stuff this company's done during the plague

Just a little headsup, the Jeff Hardy/Sheamus contract signing segment on SD this week is yet another contender for this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sheamus calling Jeff a junkie is reallllll bad

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Chris James 2 posted:

Just a little headsup, the Jeff Hardy/Sheamus contract signing segment on SD this week is yet another contender for this

Yeah i just saw an article on it. Its... inspired

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hopkins FBI posted:

Humberto is now hanging out with Aleister Black!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chris James 2 posted:

In any other year this would be a clear winner for worst angle of the year but this is 2020 where Baron Corbin spent months feeding Roman Reigns dog food so...

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Blaise330 posted:

This is why it's handy to have the crowd on your payroll

https://streamable.com/yr8u6e

I give it like a 30% chance that the "fall and pray" chant woulda gotten over, or at the very least, full-sail-over. There's waaaay less than 1% chance the "tick... tock... tick... tock" chant would get over.

And fans at least would chant slower to try to have some menace. Man that's a lame crowd.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1271213850403069955

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

well the official account just repeated it

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1271214672365191169?s=21

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

brand split days are numbered, again.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bruce Pritchard is a wizard of bootlicking. It's impressive

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Who were the "Heyman guys" that he wanted to push on RAW? They are all screwed I imagine.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

DM Punk posted:

Who were the "Heyman guys" that he wanted to push on RAW? They are all screwed I imagine.

Wasn’t Aleister Black one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

thank god, that should be the end of the cucking angles