Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

144 pages into your sequel adventure and he gives you this look, what do you do.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Snout is inherently very curious, that's why he lived as a hermit for years and never ventured to the outside world until this very moment

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Well, neither of them have vertigo I suppose.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Oh yeah, that's some peak hack poo poo. If you can't figure out why your main character is on their journey then at least have them not know why themselves and reveal that something else was manipulating them, or have them be in a place where they are re-evaluating their values and using the adventure as a means of self-discovery or something. I'm no loving writer but the sheer laziness of this is getting to me.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
No Dialogue!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
These are some quality edits. I know we've been joking about this heading towards a threesome, but is this heading towards a threesome?

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Considering how Snout has been having a genuine emotional connection with Arudak and spending a lot of time getting to know him? Absolutely.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol those loving trees in the last panel. I can't get past them. It's like they were copied and pasted out of some life instruction drawing

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Im surprised this strip hasn't gotten Jazz Hands yet.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
.....what the hell. We spent weeks of wacky wanderings in mogreltown while Snout cleared his head. And now that he's clear-headed, he's ready to continue his adventure of "lol, bored I guess."

This is such a bad story.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Yeah no this is, like, 144 pages long so far. What's happened? Not much!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Hostile V posted:

Yeah no this is, like, 144 pages long so far. What's happened? Not much!

Don't worry, he covered that!

The Importance of Doing Nothing

See? He's not bad at writing. It's art!

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Don't worry, he covered that!

The Importance of Doing Nothing

See? He's not bad at writing. It's art!
He's bad at art. :hmmyes:

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

quote:

If you employ too many do-nothing pages, you lose sight of the story. Not only their story, but the momentum of whatever tale they’re meant to move along. Seeing what a mighty hero does in their downtime is important, but seeing nothing but their coffee-time conversations can result in a Monty Python-like chorus of “GET ON WITH IT!” from your frustrated readers.
:ironicat:

Truly Snout's journeys in Mongreltown getting garbage vomited onto him are Mookie's Ulysses.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 9, 2020

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The Little Death posted:

:ironicat:

Truly Snout's journeys in Mongreltown getting garbage vomited onto him are Mookie's Ulysses.

Could be worse. Could be his letters.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Mors Rattus posted:

Could be worse. Could be his letters.

What do you think Snout's sex diary is?

Joyce would be infinitely worse if instead of writing about farts he wrote about how much he enjoyed cuddling with an unconscious woman.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
I can’t wait to see the orc’s fat cock

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Everything the Ink Witch does looks like emotional manipulation.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone called trio forming a polycule yet?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
You know Mookie isn’t completely wrong about that “importance of doing nothing” in a story. He just forgot that in order for that to be effective, it must be contrasted with DOING SOMETHING!

Ugg, time for another week off.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

How did they find the only hotel room with not only no door but no doorframe to out a door in?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
They just banged, right? Snout is just leaving a hostel room and there's a do not disturb sign on the door. Snout and Arudak totally banged.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

?????

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

The Ink Witch fits, like, every possible definition of a narcissistic, manipulative fake "best friend" type using Snout for her own ends. Snout has basically no understanding or context for the outside world and real relationships, she's hosed him over a bunch of times while begging him to help her, there's a TON of evidence that she has some nefarious scheme in mind for whatever the gently caress they're searching for, alienates anyone who's genuinely kind to Snout and helps him out, possibly used her tits to manipulate him as well, and pulls the "I just hope you can still trust me" card. Everything about her is awful.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Drunk Theory posted:

You know Mookie isn’t completely wrong about that “importance of doing nothing” in a story. He just forgot that in order for that to be effective, it must be contrasted with DOING SOMETHING!

Ugg, time for another week off.

Does walking through a white void populated by one tree per mile count as doing something?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Safari Disco Lion posted:

The Ink Witch fits, like, every possible definition of a narcissistic, manipulative fake "best friend" type using Snout for her own ends. Snout has basically no understanding or context for the outside world and real relationships, she's hosed him over a bunch of times while begging him to help her, there's a TON of evidence that she has some nefarious scheme in mind for whatever the gently caress they're searching for, alienates anyone who's genuinely kind to Snout and helps him out, possibly used her tits to manipulate him as well, and pulls the "I just hope you can still trust me" card. Everything about her is awful.

She’s based on the author’s wife, so, I’m assuming all of that is more or less unintentional.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Joe Slowboat posted:

She’s based on the author’s wife, so, I’m assuming all of that is more or less unintentional.

I didn't know that. :cripes:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Joe Slowboat posted:

:stonklol:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I’m pretty sure we had someone quoting a blog post where he said the Ink Witch was based, at least visually, on his wife?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Joe Slowboat posted:

I’m pretty sure we had someone quoting a blog post where he said the Ink Witch was based, at least visually, on his wife?

I can't find it now, but I believe he said on Twitter the Ink Witch sleep-cuddling Snout was based on his wife.

Edit: here it is: https://twitter.com/mookiebean/status/1244672334792925185

Linked because :nws: due to witch boobs

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 12, 2020

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Cat Mattress posted:

They just banged, right? Snout is just leaving a hostel room and there's a do not disturb sign on the door. Snout and Arudak totally banged.

Looks more like Ink Witch and Arudak used to bang.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Turning a corner in a hallway of a hotel, door with do not disturb sign is to show that it's a hotel.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

No, I think they mean that based on Snout’s positioning, he’s waving with the hand that the person he’s waving at can’t see.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm sure that those are supposed to be bricks, but it looks more like he's walking into a padded cell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TheHan posted:

Everything the Ink Witch does looks like emotional manipulation.

Okay so judging by the perspective on the last panel, the cloaked orc guy has grown taller than the doors and almost reaches the ceiling. He's also walking into either a dead end or void.