Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Darko posted:

They were weaker in Trunks timeline, meaning Kamicolo would have been a game changer.

the manga version of trunks backstory implies they were holding back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I know it's not exactly a power levels discussion, but this thread has had me thinking about this the last couple days

https://twitter.com/WeebSimpsons/status/928024531750531074

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Piccolo most definitely could've beaten 19 and 20. Getting shot by Gero did nothing to him, and he even smacks him around later and cuts off one of his hands.

I feel like him being able to basically beat Gero came out of Toriyama deciding to not make Gero the main villain after all, since there's no reason for Piccolo to be lying on the floor pretending to be hurt or let 19 almost murder Goku if he was always capable of that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Honestly makes it interesting to have the instigator of the whole arc dying early on with everything to follow being totally out of his control. Kind of the opposite of the usual thing where you beat the guy in charge and everyone else scatters.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Justin_Brett posted:

I feel like him being able to basically beat Gero came out of Toriyama deciding to not make Gero the main villain after all, since there's no reason for Piccolo to be lying on the floor pretending to be hurt or let 19 almost murder Goku if he was always capable of that.

He was written as feeling that he was near par with SSJs from close to the jump of that arc, though, so whatever he had planned, Piccolo was still up in the rankings.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ya Piccolo trained with Goku so presumably they were pretty close because that's how DBZ works.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Darko posted:

He was written as feeling that he was near par with SSJs from close to the jump of that arc, though, so whatever he had planned, Piccolo was still up in the rankings.

Piccolo was so cool and able to keep pace until the Buu Saga, it really sucks he's been dropped since then. They even teased a Piccolo v. Super Buu fight before Gohan got teleported to earth.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beamed posted:

Piccolo was so cool and able to keep pace until the Buu Saga, it really sucks he's been dropped since then. They even teased a Piccolo v. Super Buu fight before Gohan got teleported to earth.

no he was getting read to fight super buu because they were about to die.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Kurui Reiten posted:

Well, Piccolo might have been a bit weaker, but he went from "Too weak to take on 19 or 20" to "able to fight on at least the level of 17" just by absorbing Kami. With 17 and 18 being significantly weaker in Trunks' timeline (to the point he comments on it in the Z timeline), presumably Kamicolo would have also been a game changer in Trunks' timeline.

Of course, Piccolo only went for Kami when he felt there was something SIGNIFICANTLY more evil and dangerous than the Androids coming; something that literally didn't awaken in Trunks' timeline for like 10 years or something. Also, since they couldn't sense Android power levels, Piccolo had no idea how strong 17 and 18 were when they went to fight.

Piccolo definitely could have taken down 19 or 20.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The androids are stronger in the main timeline because they're fresh out of the box and don't have 20 years of miles on the clock with no servicing.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Stairmaster posted:

no he was getting read to fight super buu because they were about to die.

yes it was grim but it still couldve been cool shut up

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This is basically the best summary of the fight against Cell I've seen.

https://twitter.com/Shedow_Edgyhog/status/1269608914712231937

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I finally dropped the bux for Fighterz and am just completely blown away, not only by how this is the first technical fighting game that I've been able to get into quickly and enjoy, but also by Tien not just completely sucking rear end.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

TheHan posted:

I finally dropped the bux for Fighterz and am just completely blown away, not only by how this is the first technical fighting game that I've been able to get into quickly and enjoy, but also by Tien not just completely sucking rear end.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rDFgimCHAU

your fave could never

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This is the pure wholesome content Dragon Ball is made for
https://twitter.com/konoha_kairi/status/1269860569319800832

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Blaze Dragon posted:

This is the pure wholesome content Dragon Ball is made for
https://twitter.com/konoha_kairi/status/1269860569319800832

This reminds me of that TFS skit of Krillin and 18's first date.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That is saviour of the Multiverse, Mister 17 for you

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I like to think that by now, and for certain after the ToP, that 17 really has calmed down and chilled out, but he gets such a mean thrill out of doing the Cold Killer Cyborg bit that he does it whenever he can get away with it

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's really wild to see how much of a dork 17 is compared to the timeline where he and his sister just go completely apeshit on humanity.

Kind of shame Future Trunks never got to meet him (and Majin Buu for that matter), but I guess he did see the changed 18, so that's good enough.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I still dunno what MIR means on 17's shirt

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

It's russian for Peace and world (amongst others iirc)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kild posted:

Machines: Insanely Radical

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

we mysteriously never see his back but it says "AI"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is something really charming about the fact that two of the strongest beings in the universe who had the very real potential to be mass murdering monsters decided to settle down and be chill cool people.

.. I mean I guess five if you also count Piccolo, Vegeta and Buu.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

There is something really charming about the fact that two of the strongest beings in the universe who had the very real potential to be mass murdering monsters decided to settle down and be chill cool people.

.. I mean I guess five if you also count Piccolo, Vegeta and Buu.

4/5 of those very enthusiastically reached that potential tbh

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dragon Ball is very good at getting you emotionally invested in characters who wanted to kill millions deciding to settle down and raise children.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

With a handful of exceptions, almost every friend Goku has tried to kill him at some point (including Bulma).

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

With a handful of exceptions, almost every friend Goku has tried to kill him at some point (including Bulma).

The handful is Krillin because he is a literal handful

And I guess Roshi

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

Piccolo even succeeded.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Gohan too.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

The handful is Krillin because he is a literal handful

And I guess Roshi

I forget, did Chichi ever try to kill Goku initially?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I want to say yes, if only because she was unashamed about throwing around that axe on her helmet.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Larryb posted:

I forget, did Chichi ever try to kill Goku initially?

She was throwing around her head boomerang thingy but I can’t remember if it was aimed at Goku or just nailed Roshi

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Reiche posted:

She was throwing around her head boomerang thingy but I can’t remember if it was aimed at Goku or just nailed Roshi

She threw it at Roshi to test if he was really a martial arts master. She did push Goku off the Nimbus earlier, but that was after he checked whether she was a boy or girl with his foot.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Kild posted:

Monster Island Ranger

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It's the Soviet space station

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Black August posted:

I like to think that by now, and for certain after the ToP, that 17 really has calmed down and chilled out, but he gets such a mean thrill out of doing the Cold Killer Cyborg bit that he does it whenever he can get away with it

18 trolls Future Trunks over it a little too. They both seem to have stoic and understated personalities in general, so it's not hard.

A lot about them might make sense considering they've lived their lives with only each other for most of it, and went through some serious poo poo being turned into cyborgs and thrown up against superpowered martial artists. And then their horrific experiences at the hands of Cell.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So, did Teamfourstar die after ending DBZ Abridged?

Also, any news on Dragonball Super 2: The Superest; This Time It's Personal: Revengance?