Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Antivehicular posted:

Meyer is a pretty average cat and I love him very much

Excellent House Panther spotted

bloops posted:

So Moo has been in the vet this week for her chronic vomiting and weight loss. There is an area of concern in her small intestines, which is likely IBD or lymphoma. The vomiting is controlled pretty well by a diet of prescription wet food -- she actually gained a little bit of weight since February.

Exploratory surgery is the next step to diagnose lymphoma. That and the treatment after, if it is cancer, is extremely costly and I simply cannot afford what could be up to or over 5K in costs. I think the best course of action then is to treat the IBD in hopes that it manages her condition. I've been told IBD is treatable with good quality of life. Moo turned 12 a few weeks ago. She has a good life and I intend on doing what I can so she enjoys her time left however long that may be.

Be well moo moo

Live long and prosper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
changing the sheets, always an adventure

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

hi cat thread, i haven’t posted in forever and a lot of poo poo happened in my life

my boyfriend and I broke up back in November and moved out a month later. he has Oscar, who is mostly healthy but recently received a stage 1 cancer dx

Trevor passed away back in February, I miss him a lot.

back on May Day I adopted a new friend, meet Sabot!

he’s about 2 years old and loves to roughhouse and keep me up all night. and walk around on the hvac vents.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

minivanmegafun posted:

hi cat thread, i haven’t posted in forever and a lot of poo poo happened in my life

my boyfriend and I broke up back in November and moved out a month later. he has Oscar, who is mostly healthy but recently received a stage 1 cancer dx

he’s about 2 years old and loves to roughhouse and keep me up all night. and walk around on the hvac vents.

Sabot owns. Life changes with animals you don't get to see anymore really really suck.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

bloops posted:

So Moo has been in the vet this week for her chronic vomiting and weight loss. There is an area of concern in her small intestines, which is likely IBD or lymphoma. The vomiting is controlled pretty well by a diet of prescription wet food -- she actually gained a little bit of weight since February.

Exploratory surgery is the next step to diagnose lymphoma. That and the treatment after, if it is cancer, is extremely costly and I simply cannot afford what could be up to or over 5K in costs. I think the best course of action then is to treat the IBD in hopes that it manages her condition. I've been told IBD is treatable with good quality of life. Moo turned 12 a few weeks ago. She has a good life and I intend on doing what I can so she enjoys her time left however long that may be.

Hello dumbass, please do okay :ohdear:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Natalie Fartman posted:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Natalie Fartman posted:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Natalie Fartman posted:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

also: welp, I’m gonna buy a PS5 now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u84hRUQlaio

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bloops posted:

this sounds a lot like what happened with Shadow. he got diagnosed with "maybe it's lymphoma" and I decided to just go the "keep him happy and give him some meds and cross fingers" route. he lasted so many years after that I don't actually remember how many it was. four or six maybe? (I'm suspicious that it's what eventually got him, but I don't know for sure) anyway please do okay.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

t. j. beans is now approximately 11 months old and 12 pounds big

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

feel better moo my favorite kitty!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Natalie Fartman posted:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Zeth posted:

t. j. beans is now approximately 11 months old and 12 pounds big

shithead

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

Well, the inevitable happened when you try and mix painting with housing a cat - she stepped on my palette and ran little blue kitty footprints all over my sofa and carpet.

I had to clean her with pet wipes and fun was had by allahahahahahaha oh god. She's mad.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

graph posted:

shithead

extremely

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Olive loves naps and belly rubs

And chilling with Ruby

Hey Ruby

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

bloops posted:

moo :ohdear:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Natalie Fartman posted:

Well, the inevitable happened when you try and mix painting with housing a cat - she stepped on my palette and ran little blue kitty footprints all over my sofa and carpet.

I had to clean her with pet wipes and fun was had by allahahahahahaha oh god. She's mad.

This once happened with one of my parents' cats, except it was brick-red paint. I feel like it was karmic feedback for my dad deciding to paint his bathroom brick red.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

minivanmegafun posted:

sabot owns and is an excellent kitty.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Moo do good please.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Natalie Fartman posted:

pics not loading

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Jealousy.

Milly has IBD or IBS or something like it in addition to being allergic to fish which is in fkin everything. The first year I had her she was extremely barfy and farty and after 5-6 food switches my vet finally prescribed an exotic protein diet and it helped considerably. She still hairballs frequently because she can't pass them and its sad when she wakes up from a nap yowling and then barfs up a thing but she's otherwise doing very well. Hairballs and barf were almost every few days and we've gotten them down to a couple times a month. If she shows any regression we can also move further to a hydrolized protein hypo-allergenic diet.

Get well soon Moo!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Lulu and Rokit both like a little coconut oil now and then and it seems to help with hair balls

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
moo. do better!

occars I miss you also rip in peace Trevor, a great catte :( :( also minivan I hope you personally are doing ok, times are very hard.

I hate HATE that whenever there's like thirty unread posts it's "a catte has died" time. this is how life works but I remain unpleased

Pompeii has claimed the new linen cabinet

he's also very hot and... sprawls like this haha it's not fklattering

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

moo. do better!

occars I miss you also rip in peace Trevor, a great catte :( :( also minivan I hope you personally are doing ok, times are very hard.

I hate HATE that whenever there's like thirty unread posts it's "a catte has died" time. this is how life works but I remain unpleased

Pompeii has claimed the new linen cabinet

he's also very hot and... sprawls like this haha it's not fklattering

But it IS flattening.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
After I get home from work, I grab my laptop and sprawl out on the bed to decompress from another day of dealing with the public while partner finishes their WFH shift. Glitch knows the routine and joins me at the foot of the bed most days.

I swear she's 90% legs 10% cat

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

small

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Where is goofball's tail?

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

So neatly folded up

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Resting Lich Face posted:

Where is goofball's tail?

She came without one. Don't think she's a manx, though, just born without it or lost it as a newborn. Might have something to do with her wonky back leg, we think?

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

pics not loading

Sorry, I was too busy trying to save my rental carpet (hahaha who am I kidding) and stop her licking her paws. next time!

She also sat on this painting, thankfully when it was mostly dry. It was when I shoo'd her off she upped the ante

Does anyone know if reacting to stuff on screens is a sign of intelligence or lack thereof in cats? Ollie completely ignored them. I can't watch cat or bird videos with Tuna near me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlyOUqyaBuo

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Natalie Fartman posted:

Does anyone know if reacting to stuff on screens is a sign of intelligence or lack thereof in cats? Ollie completely ignored them. I can't watch cat or bird videos with Tuna near me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlyOUqyaBuo

I have no idea but lmao

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
thank you all for the kind words. I genuinely do not believe Moo has lymphoma. There has been zero issues other than vomiting, which is primarily caused by her eating dry food, and that's now cut down to once every 7-10 days. No litter box issues, no blood in either vomit or anything like that, no yowling in pain. She has an appetite even though she's picky and makes me spike her wet food with a little bit of bland tuna. I have hope she has lots of time left.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

stay strong moo moo. we love you!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

bloops posted:

thank you all for the kind words. I genuinely do not believe Moo has lymphoma. There has been zero issues other than vomiting, which is primarily caused by her eating dry food, and that's now cut down to once every 7-10 days. No litter box issues, no blood in either vomit or anything like that, no yowling in pain. She has an appetite even though she's picky and makes me spike her wet food with a little bit of bland tuna. I have hope she has lots of time left.

Snuggle the moo moo for me please

:glomp:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Moo you have another dozen years of naps to take! be well!

morning burb patrol

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Cats and screens are weird. I've been watching https://www.twitch.tv/crittervision and if I leave it on unattended I'll come back to both cats staring at it. When I had it on the big TV Milly would try to attack the deer. There was also a bunch of videos that came out last year showing cats reaction to the face swap apps and specifically when their owner used a cat face. A lot of the cats looked up at their owner which i think shows they recognize themselves and understand where they are and where their human is which is pretty cool. I've used some of the iPad cat toy apps and Milly will lift up the iPad and paw underneath it to get to the fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xp7n-okY68

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol