Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Bummed I won't get to play RE8 because I aint buying a new console anytime soon.

My Xbone and even my loving Wii offer me enough time to fill with games I still haven't with and I'm way over being a bug tester for new generation consoles. I'm broke as gently caress and brushing up on needing a new car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I'm 100% here for RE7 set in an RE4-inspired map. Doubly so if we can get it on PCVR.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The prospect of RE7 with RE2R and RE3Rs better combat experience in the engine is pretty exciting.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
okay theory time but do we think the woman in white with the witches is grown up natalia? rev2 was 2012 and if this is years after re7 which was 2017 then... could work? mannerisms kinda resemble alex to me but maybe i just want it too much.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This new RE looks dope as gently caress and I can't wait.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Vikar Jerome posted:

okay theory time but do we think the woman in white with the witches is grown up natalia? rev2 was 2012 and if this is years after re7 which was 2017 then... could work? mannerisms kinda resemble alex to me but maybe i just want it too much.

I genuinely think this will be the case because IIRC this game began life as Revelations 3!

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Neo Rasa posted:

I genuinely think this will be the case because IIRC this game began life as Revelations 3!
not true! it began as RE8, then Capcom thought the game was too weird to be a mainline title and bumped it down to being that, and then after it scored really highly in internal playtests they bumped it back up to being RE8.

Game looks loving amazing.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

hughesta posted:

not true! it began as RE8, then Capcom thought the game was too weird to be a mainline title and bumped it down to being that, and then after it scored really highly in internal playtests they bumped it back up to being RE8.

Game looks loving amazing.

That's so weird honestly because now that you mention it, it IS kind of weird, but I guess not as much after RE7 especially.Continues the general course of RE games going through A LOT before they're released.

Super hype either way.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
It's more Ethan and more FPS so I still won't play it, but I'll watch it with even more interest than RE7 to see what happens to Chris. Besides, they're making it sound like a PS5 exclusive.

Kinda hard to see Chris not being voiced by Roger Craig Smith tho.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Neo Rasa posted:

Continues the general course of RE games going through A LOT before they're released.

Troubled production as a direct correlation to game quality was the wrong lesson to draw from RE4

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Ethan will be fine I think if they remember that FPS perspective doesn't mean you aren't allowed to a personality.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If Village doesn’t have VR, I’m going to be real disappointed.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
oh wait that fetus logo. its connected to the fetuses things in re7 right, is that what they meant? they got the new virus from there or something. forgot they were in 7 lol.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Spacebump posted:

If Village doesn’t have VR, I’m going to be real disappointed.

the website is saying tentative 2021 release, which tells me its not hitting early 2021. given that framerate and covid, i think it will pushed back to go with psvr2, even more so considering no ps4 version.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Ethan was loving hilarious in RE7, I'm really glad we get some more of him

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

hughesta posted:

Ethan was loving hilarious in RE7, I'm really glad we get some more of him
Yeah, not sure where people get the idea that he doesn't have a personality from. He does, it's just not full "bitch can't even swim" cheesy action hero one-liners all the time. Some of his lines are funny as hell. "Who builds this poo poo?" indeed.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Davinci posted:

My two favorite games this generation were Bloodborne and Resident Evil 2 , so this is giving me some hot flashes.

RE8 looking like BloodboRE4ne has me hyped.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, not sure where people get the idea that he doesn't have a personality from. He does, it's just not full "bitch can't even swim" cheesy action hero one-liners all the time. Some of his lines are funny as hell. "Who builds this poo poo?" indeed.
he spends basically the entirety of RE7 actively being "over-this-poo poo" and not wanting to be involved in Resident Evil bullshit, it's hilarious.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
They did a great job of integrating it into the gameplay, too. His entire solution to Lucas' "Happy Birthday" puzzle bullshit is to look up the walkthrough and then just completely no-sell the whole thing, because Ethan Winters ain't got no time for your crazy mold person bullshit.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Losing an arm and getting it awkwardly stapled back on by angry cajuns has a way of making a man a lot less patient than he used to be :colbert:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Hell yeah, the werewolves were real.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Bloodborne remake rumours were true

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lunethex posted:

Besides, they're making it sound like a PS5 exclusive.

Uhh... what?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I've ended up skipping RE7 (did play the demo, and have seen people play it etc), but I'll play RE8. It being maybe a bit bigger, a bit less confined and claustrophobic, cooler theme for me too. Looks promising.

I was thinking hopefully RE8 would be a bit more of a mix of what works about RE2 remake etc with RE7's stuff. And third person feels cool for this series in my book. This looks pretty cool though.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Hell yeah, the werewolves were real.

Very excited to see how they handle this stuff.

It's essentially RE4 in many ways. Anyone notice the briefcase inventory?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Heavy Metal posted:

I've ended up skipping RE7 (did play the demo, and have seen people play it etc), but I'll play RE8. It being maybe a bit bigger, a bit less confined and claustrophobic, cooler theme for me too. Looks promising.

I was thinking hopefully RE8 would be a bit more of a mix of what works about RE2 remake etc with RE7's stuff. And third person feels cool for this series in my book. This looks pretty cool though.

Please play RE7, it's loving great and the End of Zoe DLC is :discourse:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Just go through and play 7 if you've been with the series this long. If I can get through it anyone can.

I didn't get my leg chopped off though when was that sposed to happen? I also had to look up the dirty monocle thing in that loving puzzle or else I'd still be there

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

oh wait that fetus logo. its connected to the fetuses things in re7 right, is that what they meant? they got the new virus from there or something. forgot they were in 7 lol.

Yeah plus the "wreath" around it with the feathers follow the snake/etc. special locks on various doors in the game. So like the fetus logo is the key to there being werewolves in RE8.

VI.I.AGE

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Convex posted:

the End of Zoe DLC is :discourse:

Oh hell yes. Honestly I was hoping that character or Zoe would be someone you play as in RE8 instead of Ethan. Right from the get go when they have him do that like OH MY GOODNESS WHAT IS THIS? WHAT'S GOING ON AAAAH rant as you're punching folks out, video games are art.

I was actually really surprised that it was made in-house while the Not A Hero DLC was being outsourced since the latter is much more like a mini-RE game while End of Zoe they just low key made Condemned 3.

Playing RE7 more recently, I know I poo poo on Ethan as a character but I guess my problem is less the character's personality and more that there just isn't enough of it. Like it's crazy how little he has to say at some of the stuff he runs into.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m playing through RE5 and oh man I’m terrified of where they’re going with Chris on this next game. I’m having a blast punching things in 5.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

codo27 posted:

I didn't get my leg chopped off though when was that sposed to happen?

First Jack chase after the family dinner scene. I think he either has to be too close when you try to get into the crawl space or you have to play really poorly and let him damage you too much. I've avoided it every time so far.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The trigger is trying to open the lock while Jack is close enough to grab you.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

The trigger is trying to open the lock while Jack is close enough to grab you.

I still can't believe any player was expected to figure out that you can use your bare hands to block the chainsaw attacks during the actual Jack Fight when there's more than one instance where the game shows you that a chainsaw can cut your limbs off easily. I don't think I blocked anything for almost the entire game I just kept blasting stuff in the head. I mean I in hindsight having it reattached and you healing by pouring regeneration juice on your hand should have been a clue but I don't know. I think like Condemned they should have let Ethan have a pipe or some other thing that he could defend with at all times if he didn't have a weapon to make it clearer.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I will laugh so hard if the plot twist in RE8 turns out to be that Chris Redfield is actually just like a collective of different people all going by the same name.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The final boss is the Gauntlet of Chris where you fight every Chris Redfield.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The final boss is the Gauntlet of Chris where you fight every Chris Redfield.

A dozen chris's stop you and begin speaking, "there is always mansion, there is always a man, there is always a city."

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Kris Bluehill, wicked clone of Chris.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Hakkesshu posted:

I will laugh so hard if the plot twist in RE8 turns out to be that Chris Redfield is actually just like a collective of different people all going by the same name.

Ah the “007 James Bond” theory

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

“I need to stop Chris Redfield!”
“No, Ethan, YOU are Chris Redfield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Raxivace posted:

“I need to stop Chris Redfield!”