Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

cmndstab posted:

Oh boy, finally a Crows premiership :swoon:

Cancel AFL and do a full-length AFLW season instead.

Seriously though, can someone explain what happened in that match? I didn't get to see it but that scoreline sure is something. Did they just get bogged down on the wings all match long? How come they could barely even score any behinds?
Just no flow to the play at all. Linkages not working, that sort of thing. It's pretty clear that everyone came in cold and hadn't done proper drills for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Yeah this is surely the longest most players have gone without proper training since ... pretty much forever? Since they started playing footy? Summer breaks aren't this long and even when they could come back initially their training was compromised with regulations. Even players who come back from long term injuries are usually able to take their time getting back intro training and then come back through the secondary leagues etc... So I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of rust all over the place for the first few rounds making for some strange games/performances.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

I think Collingwood Richmond was the only game broadcast in the us, so that's the product you've shown, congrats. at least it was close at the end. I just watched it on tape delay and it was nice to see live sports. if you don't know anything about the game it was hard to tell it was a bad one!

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
They should bring back Vuvuzelas as the crowd noise.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
If that’s what two theoretically good well coached teams put up, imagine the hot pile of garbage we are going to get with Carlton v Melbourne

On the other hand, I wonder if it will be any different to any other Carlton v Melbourne match of the last decade

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Saw Jack Riewoldt at In-A-Pickle Deli in Hampton yesterday at lunchtime, he ordered a chunky chicken and avocado sandwich on multigrain, with cheese.

Confirmed that the best sandwiches in Melbourne are the worst base for goal-kicking.

edit: wrong cousin

Memento fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 12, 2020

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

oystertoadfish posted:

I think Collingwood Richmond was the only game broadcast in the us, so that's the product you've shown, congrats. at least it was close at the end. I just watched it on tape delay and it was nice to see live sports. if you don't know anything about the game it was hard to tell it was a bad one!

Nah they get 5 games but most are overnight

https://twitter.com/USAFL1997/status/1270824291848851456?s=19

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

ah I was only thinking of the first night I'm glad there's more

edit I'm in the us, didn't realize that was the only game at all on the first night. thanks for the list of other games

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 12, 2020

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/AaronGocs/status/1271333771007021056?s=19

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Anyone who watches that replay and thinks it wasnt a mark doesnt know the rules of the game imo

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That was a mark.

Hawks!!!!!

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
The fake noise after the ball toss was really weird.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

A few things:

Last night's match wasn't that bad, there were a lot of circumstances leading to a low score and it's been weird for players to train in the whole Covid19 situation. I think people just built themselves up for a blockbuster which is definitely not what was going to happen.

All perceived problems will be fixed if they go back to 20min quarters by round 4.

The mark on the goal line was a mark, none of the ball was visible behind the post, you need the WHOLE ball to cross, and he was in control in the mark. It's a mark, plain and simple. The only thing contentious that people keep bringing up is the goal umpire calling it a behind before it was reviewed, which is irrelevant because it was a mark.

Social distancing rules for players and not high fiving is loving dumb, you're tackling and depositing fluids by playing.

Hawthorn are getting loving murdered in the middle.

Footy's back!

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jun 12, 2020

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

oystertoadfish posted:

ah I was only thinking of the first night I'm glad there's more

edit I'm in the us, didn't realize that was the only game at all on the first night. thanks for the list of other games

Saturday and Sunday have multiple games, Thursday and Friday are only ever the one.

[Edit] nice goal by the Hawks just now too, love those scrappy blasts from right in front

[Edit 2] followed immediately by that dumb situation

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/freodockers/status/1271313617007210499

:pusheen:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
He punched the ball so it doesn’t loving matter if he didn’t have his eyes on it but sure give Joel a free goal

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Finally a Hawks clearance!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Already nearly at last night’s score

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/RadicalBoganism/status/1271389558869946369?s=19

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It’s so good to have footy back. I can’t overstate how much I missed this stupid game

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

realbez posted:

It’s so good to have footy back. I can’t overstate how much I missed this stupid game

Hard same :hmmyes:

haha the train in the background

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I have to say I’m feeling a bit let down by the umpiring down in Geelong

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thanks for that one dollhouse

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Umpiring :argh:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Extremely good imo

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Weak free kick

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I like this frost guy. How did we get him so cheap?

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Thought that no home crowds might remove the umpiring advantage, guess not lol.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

We're just confused because we haven't been here over a decade.

At least the game is better than last night's. Both teams switched on.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

realbez posted:

I like this frost guy. How did we get him so cheap?

Melbourne Demons list management

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Athletically Frost is fantastic. He gets caught out a lot taking the game on and bombing it straight to the opposition but tbh I'm pretty sure he got given the license to take risks so I don't blame him all that much

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well poo poo

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Hawks are getting smashed at the stoppages and Geelong is hammering them with clearances and inside 50s

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well that sucked

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Very good 70's stache and mullet on that Cats small forward

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hawks are too slow

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Noice game here :)

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
This sport loving sucks it’s irresponsible to be playing football with a pandemic ongoing void this round imo

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

What sort of stinking crap was that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The whole keeping distant and not giving high 5s seems dumb when you're playing a contact sport and tackling dudes.