Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Smorgasbord posted:

Thank gently caress Nofoaluma survives, he's my captain in my Supercoach Draft team where I had the last pick so no reliable captain choice. Been one hell of a ride, he's the top scoring player somehow from draft rank 20 meanwhile my number 1 pick RTS is doing nothing relegated to my bench.

I guess there isn't a super coach stat for "letting tries in off easily decided kicks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

I guess there isn't a super coach stat for "letting tries in off easily decided kicks"

As long as you don't touch the ball forward or technically miss a tackle it's all good!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

As long as you don't touch the ball forward or technically miss a tackle it's all good!

Player of the year award is on the way!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Man I was NOT expecting the Tigers to lose but I guess I should have seen it coming.

Anyway I’m doing fine on tipping given I forgot about rd 3.

Good thing for the Warriors that Super Rugby All-NZ Edition is starting this weekend, since no one will notice their slide down the gutter.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Apollodorus posted:

Man I was NOT expecting the Tigers to lose but I guess I should have seen it coming.

Anyway I’m doing fine on tipping given I forgot about rd 3.

Good thing for the Warriors that Super Rugby All-NZ Edition is starting this weekend, since no one will notice their slide down the gutter.

Sadly for Australian Rugby, the local SR all-Oz edition starts soon and nobody will notice at all.

They just need to kill the idea of provincial rugby and go back to club, it's the only rugby that anyone gives a poo poo about.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
All my rugby fan friends on Facebook have been talking nonstop about the NZ comp resuming...and this is the first I’ve heard about an Oz competition also occurring.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Where the gently caress has this team been the last two weeks?

Xavier Coates and staggs are monster combination holy poo poo.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Manly making me feel better about our shitshow least week

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Cherry Evans with the dive of the season

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
The comeback is on :pray:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Broncos gonna bronc

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Bit of a dodgy peno made the difference but I'll take it :woop:

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Fanatic posted:

Bit of a dodgy peno made the difference but I'll take it :woop:

it's travelled around from week to week.

Parra copped it against Broncos
Manly copped it against Parra
Broncos copped it against manly

all balances out

the big wheel keeps turning

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Abalone Malone posted:

it's travelled around from week to week.

Parra copped it against Broncos
Manly copped it against Parra
Broncos copped it against manly

all balances out

the big wheel keeps turning

Haha, seems that way! :cripes:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Gotta love that one time per year that calls go against the Broncos, the absolute meltdown of their fans when they get a rare taste of how it is for half the competition most of the time is always delicious.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it’s pretty funny that when your team is performing badly 50/50 calls seem to go against you, i wonder why that is

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I know a big part of this is due to Cowboys injuries, but it’s weird seeing the Warriors play a competent game.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

I know a big part of this is due to Cowboys injuries, but it’s weird seeing the Warriors play a competent game.

RTS before the game talked about dampening Taumalolo by making him defend - result: Taumalolo 53 tackles which is more than double his average and 8 higher than his previous career highest tackle count, and a very much subpar 123 running metres. Warriors devising and executing a plan!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I could get used to this"watching footy in the country" poo poo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my penriff tip is looking good so far

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

I could get used to this"watching footy in the country" poo poo

Love my fireplace.

Given I have elevnty billion trees on the place, doubles as a handy kindling removal tool.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
welp

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
useless pricks

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Great night of footy.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

my penriff tip is looking good so far

I knew they were hosed because 2020 is the worst year so obviously that means the eels will win everything

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Why couldn't the Titans be this garbage last week

lol I know it's because they were playing the tigers

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That old false sense of security and hope.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

loving hell Mbye is garbage

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Where the gently caress has this Tigers defence been the last 21 years

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Where the gently caress has this Tigers defence been the last 21 years

Normal service will resume second half.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Normal service will resume second half.

I don't doubt it, but I have to enjoy it while it lasts

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Reality kicking in, Packer reinforcing his rep for being dumb as loving bricks

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Packer going all in to lose this game by himself

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's a minor complaint, but I hate the loving double standard shown in the last few minutes. Chee Kam throws a pass (legally, on video review) after being called held, penalty Raiders. A couple of sets later, a Raider throws a pass after a loud "held" call and the ref brings him back to play the ball.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Eh, refball will always find a way.

Went better than I expected. Madge executing a few troops did a bit to help, but really Canberra should have won this game any day of the week.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Well, Raiders won but it was deeply unimpressive.

But winning ugly is a necessary skill I guess.

Tigers a bit unlucky I feel, they busted a gut but were hampered by terminal tigeritis.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Ahhh jacks eye

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

the abc posted:

NRL game between Canterbury Bulldogs and Sydney Roosters postponed due to coronavirus scare

Sunday's NRL match between the Canterbury Bulldogs and the Sydney Roosters has been postponed due to a coronavirus scare.

The game was rescheduled to Monday night because the child of a Bulldogs player attends a school with a reported case of COVID-19.

The player's child reportedly attends Laguna Street primary school in Caringbah South, where a staff member tested positive to coronavirus yesterday.

The staff member had close contact with most of the 455 students, so all were told to self-isolate.

St George Illawarra's clash with Cronulla at Campbelltown will now be played at 4pm on Sunday afternoon, fitting in with the television schedule.

More to come.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

So it's Aiden Tolman's kid. They have tested Tolman and the result should be known today. Theoretically if his test comes back positive doesn't that mean the entire doggies team will have to self isolate for a few weeks and the season is on hold again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
The answer seems pretty obvious to me. Shut down the comp for two weeks, move it all to NZ, problem solved.