Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Southern Underground Pro’s Satisfaction Is The Death of Desire is a drat good show and a good starting place for SUP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Deathlove posted:

GCW/BLP 2 Cups Stuffed.

It's a great show, just beware of the G-Raver moment during the ladder/everything match if that's going to affect you.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There are three streaming services that any sensible person needs: Criterion Channel, Shudder, and IWTV

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NienNunb posted:

There are three streaming services that any sensible person needs: Criterion Channel, Shudder, and IWTV

:agreed:

It's too early for me to say HBO Max is a fourth, but if you have the money, it's definitely a fourth

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider posted:
Major League Wrestling execs were at the CBS/Viacom HQ in New York City yesterday for meetings on a potential TV and streaming rights deal, PWInsider.com has confirmed. We don't have any additional information at this time.

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1270391993173245959

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What's the best BJW show ever? Keep in mind I like lumpy heavyweight suplex wars and deathmatches

Also it was them that did the Macbeth deathmatch right?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Is DAZN a step down from BeIn Sports? My gut says yes but I'm not sure

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Slothass posted:

Signing up for IWTV for the first time. What are 3 or 4 cards I should watch first?

GCW's Acid Cup

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Slothass posted:

Signing up for IWTV for the first time. What are 3 or 4 cards I should watch first?

GCW Bloodsport
Just about any Beyond card with a really sick looking Dickinson match, The Real Thing is a pretty solid card with a fantastic Dickinson/Joe match but Americanrana 2019 has Dickinson vs Sekimoto
If you have to pick a CHIKARA show KOT 09 night 2 has the classic Ibushi/Generico/Matt Jackson/Jigsaw match
CZW New Heights 2015

This should give you a decent look at the big promotions with large libraries on the service (GCW doesn't have a large backlog yet but it is the best promotion on the service) and if you like someone on one of these shows, better odds than not they've got more matches to search through, especially in the bizarrely deep IWA-MS library. Just be wary of promotions in the Gary Jay belt and you'll be fine.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jun 10, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'll sneak in a Black Label Pro recommendation. Good shows in general and Sarah Shockey goofing on commentary.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Slothass posted:

Okay, it's 2 shows, but let me recommend IWA Mid-South's Ted Petty Invitational 2002. Lemme just post the 1st round bracket to make my point for me

Ted Petty Invitational 2002 First Round Match
Ken Anderson vs. Colt Cabana
Nate Webb vs. Nick Mondo
Ace Steel vs. Super Dragon
Matt Murphy vs. BJ Whitmer
Tarek The Great vs. Jimmy Rave
Matt Stryker vs. Chris Hero
Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles
IWA Mid-South Heavyweight Title Ted Petty Invitational 2002 First Round Match
CM Punk (c) vs. M-Dogg 20

So that's Ken Anderson aka Ken Kennedy from WWE/Impact/etc, Colt Cabana, death match legend Sick Nick Mondo, Spyder Nate Webb, CM Punk's trainer Ace Steel, PWG main man Super Dragon, AEW's BJ Whitmer, Harley Race trainee Matt Murphy, Jimmy Rave of ROH & TNA, early IWA standout Tarek The Great, "not that one" Matt Stryker, from Ohio, not the lovely commentator, Chris Hero, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, CM Punk, M-Dogg Matt Cross, Son of Havoc from Lucha Underground. It's weird, it's early in all their careers, that makes it fun! (If you really only want to watch one show from them though, see Night 2 of this TPI, it's got some good stuff.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It’s still crazy to me that Super Dragon once left Southern California to wrestle.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What's the best BJW show ever? Keep in mind I like lumpy heavyweight suplex wars and deathmatches

Also it was them that did the Macbeth deathmatch right?
It was indeed BJW that did the Macbeth Deathmatch show and they did a handful of Shakespere shows

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

coconono posted:

It’s still crazy to me that Super Dragon once left Southern California to wrestle.

Man i hope his match in the IWS made it to iwtv somewhere haha

The song ended up being that song from the Wedding Singer that's super slow but filled with swear words, I want to say Total Eclipse of the Heart but in my old age I can't remember it. Maybe a rib, sworn to secrecy haha

Edit: this one lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfUU1wJKXDc

Edit #2: loving lmao i checked for shits and giggles and found the entrance ahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJgTh9NhUS8

stab fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 10, 2020

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

He did an AJPW tour too, I remember someone saying on the PWG board it just didn't go well at all, partly because they parked him in their dead rear end Jr division, when he wasn't doing the traditional "Heavyweight & Jr. tag match" and he jobbed quite a lot

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/super-dragon-1911.html?prom_id=37

Part of it I think is that Dragon is compelling when he can murder his opponents at his leisure, and I feel like if he busted out the violence party on his 1st tour it might get some heat

stab posted:

The song ended up being that song from the Wedding Singer that's super slow but filled with swear words, I want to say Total Eclipse of the Heart but in my old age I can't remember it. Maybe a rib, sworn to secrecy haha

Edit: this one lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfUU1wJKXDc

Edit #2: loving lmao i checked for shits and giggles and found the entrance ahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJgTh9NhUS8

One time Don Callis ribbed Sabu for the indy he ran here by having him come out to "Stop Right Now" by the Spice Girls instead of Hookah Blues. He didn't sell it, to his credit.

Then Sabu jobbed to Dr.Luther.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 10, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinche Rudo posted:

Huge step up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/JPWARHORSE/status/1270807819525259264

stab
Feb 12, 2003

He did an AJPW tour too, I remember someone saying on the PWG board it just didn't go well at all, partly because they parked him in their dead rear end Jr division, when he wasn't doing the traditional "Heavyweight & Jr. tag match" and he jobbed quite a lot

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/super-dragon-1911.html?prom_id=37

Part of it I think is that Dragon is compelling when he can murder his opponents at his leisure, and I feel like if he busted out the violence party on his 1st tour it might get some heat

One time Don Callis ribbed Sabu for the indy he ran here by having him come out to "Stop Right Now" by the Spice Girls instead of Hookah Blues. He didn't sell it, to his credit.

Then Sabu jobbed to Dr.Luther.
Yeah the guy who ribbed super dragon had balls of steel to pull it let's just say. Good thing they knew each other quite well ;)

He also didn't sell it to his credit

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

stab posted:

You mean this show? It's up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So...I'm just gonna assume he lit Beef up like a Christmas tree

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pinche Rudo posted:

I don’t really know the viewership numbers for either outlet but based on their content there’s way more likelihood of someone new checking out MLW on DAZN than on BeIn Sports.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I assumed it was an expansion. Are they off BeIn/Youtube?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

So...I'm just gonna assume he lit Beef up like a Christmas tree

Iirc he actually lost

Then again it was 15 years ago. All i really remember about that show was I had a long convo with Chris Hero that like 99% of all backstage wrestling convos never really finish and get interrupted and then I met Hero again at the ECW arena a couple months later and we took up the same convo almost exactly where it left off.

Weird the things you remember when you've been at it as long as I have.

Ask me to do the title history? Nope not a chance.

The time Kevin Steen and a bunch of us went drinking and Kevin wouldn't help an annoying mark who drunk fell down 2 steps and made it sound like they were dying? Clear as day.

stab fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 11, 2020

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

Iirc he actually lost

Then again it was 15 years ago. All i really remember about that show was I had a long convo with Chris Hero that like 99% of all backstage wrestling convos never really finish and get interrupted and then I met Hero again at the ECW arena a couple months later and we took up the same convo almost exactly where it left off.

Weird the things you remember when you've been at it as long as I have.

Ask me to do the title history? Nope not a chance.

The time Kevin Steen and a bunch of us went drinking and Kevin wouldn't help an annoying mark who drunk fell down 2 steps and made it sound like they were dying? Clear as day.

I'm curious if you remember the convo's subject

stab
Feb 12, 2003

I'm curious if you remember the convo's subject

Nope. Not at all. It was something wrestling related, and i remember the ECW show also involved my car (i had just gotten into a car accident in between the IWS and CZW shows)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Are they off BeIn/Youtube?

They claim no

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

IWTV Mixtape: The Best Of Black Independent Wrestling dropped last night as a fundraiser for BLM causes

https://iwtv.live/promotion/PBTV#dZvMjXM4la

There's a Big Swole / Chakara match on there from Riptide that is just heartstopping.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Lamuella posted:

IWTV Mixtape: The Best Of Black Independent Wrestling dropped last night as a fundraiser for BLM causes

https://iwtv.live/promotion/PBTV#dZvMjXM4la

There's a Big Swole / Chakara match on there from Riptide that is just heartstopping.

I was watching this without sound while playing a tabletop RPG on Discord with some friends and got yelled at, during that specific match, because I was very clearly just paying attention to the wrestling match instead of my friends.

I can't wait to go back and watch it again with sound on .

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The PAWDWC main event was loving awesome, too. I was excited for Mr Grim but am now officially a Trish Adora fan. She kicks so much rear end.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I need to actually see Trish Adora wrestle. I've only seen promo shots and ringside photos. She looks like a big timey star.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/indiewrestling/status/1272561182508023808

ive only ever seen two riptide matches but both looked fantastic, anyone got reccs?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

I need to actually see Trish Adora wrestle. I've only seen promo shots and ringside photos. She looks like a big timey star.

She's green, but gets better every time I see her, and she has a TON of charisma. She'll definitely be a star.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

boxcarhobo posted:

ive only ever seen two riptide matches but both looked fantastic, anyone got reccs?

It seems silly to link to the youtube as a rec but this ladder match is great, and the first few minutes are one of the things I go to when I just need to smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekZRB41cv4k

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

boxcarhobo posted:

Generalised recommendation for anything with Cara Noir. His match against PAC is a known classic but he has creative matches against everyone.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cara Noir is really real good and I'm gonna be sad when the fed scoops him up because everyone in UK is real dumb and thinks that WWE is still life's goals.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Every Rumble match that they've run has been fantastic and the 2019 Rumble also has a really good Chuck Mambo/TK Cooper match on the card. It's also worth watching the entire Brighton Championship Tournament to see the feuds that have basically built the company.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lamuella posted:

Generalised recommendation for anything with Cara Noir. His match against PAC is a known classic but he has creative matches against everyone.

yea i watched that one and a walter match and both were great

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cara Noir has a tier one entrance, it owns hard.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I know this is an unpopular opinion but I am going to say Black Face is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I am going to say Black Face is bad.

he works for the wrong company, yes.