Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dacap posted:

How the gently caress the Dijak get called up before Keith Lee.
so Keith Lee is amazingly charismatic, Brock put him over in the rumble (apparently without knowing who he even was) and looked great at survivor series vs tall white dude with racism gimmick in nxt

I mean not to describe Dijak as another Lars (Lars is shorter than Aiden English, actually) but c'mon, let's be honest about WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

super macho dude posted:

Gonna be funny when Riddle keeps getting squashed because he always seems to piss off the older boys in the back.

By funny, I mean depressing.

riddle is going to see vince backstage and beat the poo poo out of him and become all the championships

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Primates only are able to acknowledge between 100 and 250 creatures as the same species as them, Vince McMahon and the WWE collective writers room are only able to see 15 people as wrestlers deserving of a push, and 10 if there is no brand split.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

75% of the people in NXT have no business being there, that's just where they're stuck.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Keith Lee is great but I know there is a 0% chance I would enjoy him on the main roster, and there's also a non-negligible chance Vince will confuse him with Big E and put him in the New Day.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1267085924145356801?s=20

Heh, Cutler and Avalon on the same side

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

I hope they both get pinned at the same time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I might start watch Dark more regularly if they start up a thing where Cutler and Avalon team up and compete not to be the guy who takes the pin.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1267991971928387584

Chelsea Green might be getting called up in addition to Riddle and Dijak

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

It is being done so that they can force her into a romantic angle to be petty with Zack Ryder.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

It is being done so that they can force her into a romantic angle to be petty with Zack Ryder.

Wasn't Zack Ryder released last month

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah but by design it wouldn't be anything to do with him

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

just realised I misread that as 'a romantic angle with Zack Ryder', fair tbh

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But remember they have long term plans for everyone which is why Chelsea had a manager for like 8 weeks that has now broken off from her (I assume because Vince pays attention to the main roster and a woman having a guy manager is considered emasculating)

Also how long before they get bored, let her do a watered down version of the crazy bride gimmick that got her over to start with and blame her for it not getting over while Vince is screaming in Cole's ear to bury it on camera, a la Matt Hardy?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
she'll just be called up and jobbed out because they dont care about women unless they're related to someone famous or claim they care like with Bayley and Sasha, or a troop

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Brie Bella possibly spoiled the outcome of next week's IC title match by posting a picture of the belt on Instagram.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

fatherofmustard posted:

Brie Bella possibly spoiled the outcome of next week's IC title match by posting a picture of the belt on Instagram.

...why would they even give Bryan the belt? It's not like he needs to take it from town to town for house shows! Keep it at the loving PC!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gaz-L posted:

...why would they even give Bryan the belt? It's not like he needs to take it from town to town for house shows! Keep it at the loving PC!

Do they still do media appearances?

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Do they still do media appearances?

There have been strong rumors that they're going to stop, or at least incredibly scale back, their live events.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

The photo was a fake.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

fatherofmustard posted:

The photo was a fake.

to be fair, it's easily believable that she botched again

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i forgot they changed the IC title design and was like "they probably have a replica from the last time bryan won it" before remembering its the ugly dark metal title you cant decipher

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sheamus and Jeff Hardy have a contract signing tomorrow that would be an easy win for worst angle of the year if this wasn't 2020

quote:

The plan is reportedly for Sheamus to demand Hardy take “a urine test as he refuses to compete against a ‘junkie.'” Hardy will pee in a cup, but then throw the pee in Sheamus’s face.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Sheamus and Jeff Hardy have a contract signing tomorrow that would be an easy win for worst angle of the year if this wasn't 2020

Vince: "And then... ahaha... he... ho... he THROWS THE PISS AT HIM! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Rarity posted:

I'm like 90% sure there's fanfiction written about this on the internet already.

Maybe not involving Sheamus, but definitely Jeff Hardy throwing his pee at someone.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Oh so that’s why they hired Drake Maverick back

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

A guy who spoiled the entire results of Stadium Stampede is claiming Ricky Starks is Cody’s opponent next week

Godddd I hope so

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wheres that at?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

wheres that at?

Reddit

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Let Ricky go over Cody and then beat Hager's rear end at Fyter Fest

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Should have linked it, my bad

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...utm_name=iossmf

Based on the things this person has spoiled, they seem to either live or work around Daily’s Place, with a view into what they’re filming. I believe next weeks Dynamite was taped tonight

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Rarity posted:

Hmm, maybe this is why they've kept Spud on. Executive piss consultant.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

A guy who spoiled the entire results of Stadium Stampede is claiming Ricky Starks is Cody’s opponent next week

Godddd I hope so

Yes please

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ricky Starks is awesome and I hope this is true.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I don't like it when new people get Title shots right away, I'm kinda getting sick of it, I mean look at Lance/Brodie/Cage - they just show up and get title shots, while the people who have been wrestling for a year just get to watch. Just a minor complaint but I'd rather see those guys get built up than challenge instead of showing up and losing which makes them look kinda like a joke.

I mean I'm fine with if it's a big signing or whatever, but it seems to be happening a lot in AEW :shrug:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lance and Cage at least earned their shots, Lance by winning tournament matches and Cage by winning a match that had been established as being for a title shot. Brodie just had a few squashes and then announced that he wanted a shot, which comes off as a bit cheap when there are other people in the rankings that would theoretically come first.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Well, the point with the TNT/TV title is it gets defended every week, and Cody's doing an open challenge, so why not use it to book some outside talent?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

I Before E posted:

Lance and Cage at least earned their shots, Lance by winning tournament matches and Cage by winning a match that had been established as being for a title shot. Brodie just had a few squashes and then announced that he wanted a shot, which comes off as a bit cheap when there are other people in the rankings that would theoretically come first.

Apparently it's the Champ's prerogative to give out title shots if he likes and Mox did accept, at least so him vs Brodie had some logic behind it.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Uh excuse me but Mr. Lee STOLE Mox's belt, which, according to by-law section 8 code 4.20 of the Wrestler's Court, all but guarantees him a title shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

In Brodie's case you can probably also say that he 'only' got the title shot because he was a big name that could work the Corona tapings and wasn't involved in another major storyline like, say, Kenny, Hangman or Jericho. I doubt he would've gone straight for the title if he had his debut under normal circumstances.