Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

control led me to getting alan wake and i missed that stilted narrator style from max payne :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

WilWheaton posted:

house of the dying sun was pretty tight. Wasn't it made by just one guy as well? Was a very good proof that a lot of stuff is just bloated by large development teams, this thing oozed more creative feel than a lot of things out there despite being super short.

you need the huge dev teams to add the hundreds of 'collectibles' that bury the good 5% of the game

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Kuvo posted:

i found the actual shooting gameplay in control mediocre but the setting was real cool
you know fair enough i’ve been focusing more on busting poo poo up with telekinesis than actually shooting, which I only do to finish people off or wait for my psi energy w/e to replenish. good poo poo

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I still like analogue stick movement better, is there such a thing as a half-joypad for a desktop that will let you stick-and-mouse?

I bought a wii nunchuck clone from aliexpress and soldered it to one of those usb arduino things and it works ok for the computer . I havent used it much though

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

bobbilljim posted:

I bought a wii nunchuck clone from aliexpress and soldered it to one of those usb arduino things and it works ok for the computer . I havent used it much though

cool project

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Kuvo posted:

i found the actual shooting gameplay in control mediocre but the setting was real cool

picked up house of the dying sun the other day and it is a short but fun tie-fighter like game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56fCuO7JEy4

i played this in vr for a few hours and it was kinda cool

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Jenny Agutter posted:

cool project

you could do worse with :10bux: and an hour or so of your time . posting on the forums for example :smugdog::pipe:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Uptime Sinclair posted:

more poo poo was added to the itch.io bundle in the past day or so

no loving joke, last I looked there were 27 pages of links on the 'your bundle games' link they sent out, it's now 51 pages? :eyepop:

lol on the page "We will be updating this page soon, we know it's difficult to navigate so many games. We know you want a button to add show everything in your library. No need to reach out. " all in a very good cause and everything but unusable in its current form.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

no loving joke, last I looked there were 27 pages of links on the 'your bundle games' link they sent out, it's now 51 pages? :eyepop:

lol on the page "We will be updating this page soon, we know it's difficult to navigate so many games. We know you want a button to add show everything in your library. No need to reach out. " all in a very good cause and everything but unusable in its current form.
i’m probably going to sleep on the deal because i do not already have an itch.io account and it sounds like a drag to navigate just for the 2-3 games i don’t already have but want. back when i was a poor student with more time than money i would have loved this kind of thing though

burning swine
May 26, 2004

worth it for desktop goose alone

bleed 1 and 2 are good btw

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

minit is very good too

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
really bummed that it sounds kerbal space program 2 has gone from being probably really good to probably really bad

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Fifty-five pages :popeye:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i am going to buy demon's souls again and play it on the playstations 5

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

GOG are giving away Hitman Absolution free but I think they have not provisioned extra bandwidth for a big giveaway, they seem to have self-dDOSsed :o:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i liked that game although i read it wasn’t that good. i actually completed it but played on easy mode. there’s a thing you can do whre you pull your hat down to hide yourself and i did that A LOT and won lol

i love stuffing multiple bodies in a drawer

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

echinopsis posted:

i liked that game although i read it wasn’t that good. i actually completed it but played on easy mode. there’s a thing you can do whre you pull your hat down to hide yourself and i did that A LOT and won lol

i love stuffing multiple bodies in a drawer
i remember thinking it was ok, the part with the weird leather nuns was pretty dumb iirc

but then i tried the new gen hitman and it was way better, so

good for free i guess

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

the sniper levels in the new hitman are great. just looking at nice scenery, ruining someone's day and looking for rubber ducks

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

have u heard of a game called: dota 2?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
twoda?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
dosta

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Just Dragonballing Slendermans here :haibrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4tkNjJsOvY

/Slams fist on desk KOJIMA WEIRDNESS SELLS, GET TO IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0GIfbmLEro

New AIBO holoCattes are good tbh

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Japan's best melee player is trying to run a full marathon in QWOP:

https://www.twitch.tv/amsayoshi

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
who in the hell would be so MAD

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://aaron-demeter.itch.io/lee-carvallos-putting-challenge

:hmmyes:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
today’s the last day of the Nintendo summer sale, so check the eshop if you’re the kind of person who has a switch

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

today’s the last day of the Nintendo summer sale, so check the eshop if you’re the kind of person who has a switch

It’s not even summer yet!! :wth:

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

Hardspace: Shipbreakers is a nice relaxing game that just went to early access today. It’s on sale for a little bit. It’s rather soothing to float around breaking a spaceship into its constituent parts.

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN82DJGmq7o

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

WilWheaton posted:

really bummed that it sounds kerbal space program 2 has gone from being probably really good to probably really bad

in what way?

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Zam Wesell posted:

in what way?

take 2 turbofucked the devteam by breaking the contract with the studio which went bankrupt as a result, meanwhile they approached the studio's employees directly to re-hire them to finish the game

only some of them took them up on the offer and there's gotta be a lot of bad blood resulting from such a dick move

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Scope posted:

Hardspace: Shipbreakers is a nice relaxing game that just went to early access today. It’s on sale for a little bit. It’s rather soothing to float around breaking a spaceship into its constituent parts.

i am legit looking forward smokas take on this

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Agile Vector posted:

i am legit looking forward smokas take on this

I'm broke right now but I'm 100% going to buy it

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

What's your steamid?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Scope posted:

What's your steamid?

https://steamcommunity.com/id/freakishspleen

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Lewmzi/status/1272836159211819008

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I put a pin in my unplayed games list again - Hard Reset (Redux) - yeah this is a throwback to old-school linear corridor shooters and no mistake (I don't remember the last time I had healthpacks instead of health regen). The rainy cyberpunk setting is decent and atmospheric, but the weapon loadout is anemic at best and the enemy roster is somewhat thin on the ground, I think maybe 8 different types, and two of those are just flood trash. I read it's only about 5 hours in total so I'll continue on to see the end. Usually these days I like to have a game with a story and while this does, its kinda obscure so far - maybe it'll all wrap up later on.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that lady looks and talks like all the ladies in the cult and it's weirding me out

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

i got back into disco elysium, and for a while i was doing good and saving all the time, then i hadn't died in so long I guess I forgot to keep saving, then suddenly DEATH, last autosave turns out to be over an hour ago in real time. gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i got the halo master chef collection and man, original halo is not as good a game as i remembered. miles and miles of literally identical corridors and arenas, tons of one-hit kill bullshit, not enough ammo, really inaccurate weapons, and the checkpoint system is super dumb and only saves at some random point in the middle of nowhere instead of after a big battle so you have to keep playing the same fight over and over again.

i guess it was a huge deal in 2001 and it was the first real shooter on a console after goldeneye, but ugh

it is pretty cool how you can press tab in the middle of the game and it instantly switches between the original graphics and the remake ones, though

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 17, 2020