Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Seams posted:

You can wear those shirts in the boardroom or the discotheque

Needs more palm trees and bags of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave posted:

There has been a lot of talk in recent weeks regarding the future of EVOLVE and WWE. It's not a secret EVOLVE had major financial issues and the canceling of Wrestemania week was catastrophic to them. They've been quiet, having not said anything. There were reports of them selling their tape library and pretty much everything to WWE but when asked, neither EVOLVE nor WWE would confirm or deny the story.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Blaise330 posted:

Since noone is allowed to run a televised wrestling show except the same 5 or so people for the last 30 years, I'm wondering when Russo gets hired back to WWE and AEW picks up Hogan + Bischoff.

10-15 people would quit immediately. Also Tony ‘banned’ Hogan.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

thefncrow posted:

I've seen remarks that the unnamed producer is almost certainly Michael Hayes, and thinking of it like that makes me think it sounds more real.

It's more likely Terry Taylor as he's actually a producer for NXT and is a gigantic loving racist.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

EDIT: I don't care if it's Hayes or not, I worked on this idea, damnit.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

loving lol

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Fine, gently caress it, just in case it is Hayes

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

“I was one third of a tag team, why can’t they be happy with three fifths?”

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

:emptyquote:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Stephanie McMahon discussed the BLM movement on The Female Quotient Youtube channel

Stephanie McMahon posted:

I do think sometimes there is fear in speaking out. And it’s not that there’s not fear. It’s not that we’re not afraid, but there’s so much fear, we all need to speak. And yes, sometimes we might misspeak, we might misstep, we might not all say exactly the right thing. But it’s important to have a voice. And Dr. King’s words ring so true to me: “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

And I had the honor of being part of a fellowship, and it was actually — we were an experiment, which I didn’t know. We were the most diverse grouping of people that they had ever put together. And one of the readings that we read is ‘Letter from Birmingham Jail.’ And in it, Dr. King talks about, you know, being a moderate. Being a white moderate in particular, but being a moderate. And that means not using your voice. And what this quote means and what’s funny is, internally I had some feedback because I actually posted this. And there was some strong reaction right away like, “No, we’re not supposed to be silent right now. You don’t want to post that.” And I’m like, “Guys, re-read the quote. It’s not about being silent, it’s about not being silent.” It’s about the worst thing that your enemy can say, what’s worse than that is your best friend not saying anything. Not doing anything.

Well you know, it’s not enough to just put out a statement and say you’re going to do something. So we’ve actually been doing any number of things across multiple sectors. So from employees, we’re looking at different types of training and resources and platforms to really encourage our employees to speak, and to let them know that they are heard. And of course, any action items that come out of that. We’re also looking to partner with a few different organizations to really make sure that we’re able to amplify and use out platforms in the best way possible — education, I think to me at this moment, being primary. So we’re, you know, I’m not ready to make some kind of formal announcement yet, but we’re getting further down the pike in something I think will be very meaningful hopefully for our entire community. For the WWE community and larger than that. Because it is not enough to just say “Oh yeah, I take a stand.” You have to prove it. And that’s something that I believe in wholeheartedly.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Fine, gently caress it, just in case it is Hayes

goddamn lmao

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I just realized Bam Bam Bigelow is dead. I watched some shoot videos of him on youtube and wondered if he had drug problems so I looked it up...

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

I don't know a thing about her matches but I will definitely say she's gotten real good at social media since she was eating bugs and trying to stream games on a dead platform

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

Stephanie McMahon discussed the BLM movement on The Female Quotient Youtube channel

The corporate speak HURTS. Just make a statement and let it be.

"We stand with you" is the new "thoughts and prayers."

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CobiWann posted:

The corporate speak HURTS. Just make a statement and let it be.

"We stand with you" is the new "thoughts and prayers."

Exactly. There's zero specific action mentioned. All hollow platitudes of "education and training".

And notice how it's "encourage our employees to speak" rather than "listen to our employees".

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

But they ARE doing something, jeez watch the product on Youtube

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

you’re killing it today friend

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Asuka's constant use of Simpsons memes has made me love her more than I ever thought possible.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I'll admit, I laughed pretty hard at using the wrong Forgotten Son

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Dango Bango posted:

I'll admit, I laughed pretty hard at using the wrong Forgotten Son

I like Easter Eggs. But, I didn't come up with that one-I typed in Jaxson Ryker's name for a photo and the picture of Blake came up. So, someone out there got the confused and I reap the rewards.

TO be fair though, I had to double check like three times to make sure it WAS Blake and not Ryker. Motherfucker's all look the same.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Those shirts are $154 cad + shipping lol

e: oh wait free shipping over $75!!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I would buy the Hot Rod one in short sleeves because I have hilariously bad fashion sense and love a good short sleeved patterned button up

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

I love how Vincent K will never change. Even when the company finally goes under he will insist it was the filthy liberals or people he trusted betraying him. Vince has super powerful Boomer energy. He is perhaps the perfect specimen of the Boomer.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I almost believed this was real. I wish this somehow found its way into the wild just to chuckle at the kaboom; of course, there's a high chance they'd actually do it for real. I wonder if Jaxson would be mad they confused him and he was, yet again, forgotten.

edit: I typed Blake at first. lol

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I would buy the Hot Rod one in short sleeves because I have hilariously bad fashion sense and love a good short sleeved patterned button up

Gimme a short sleeved patterned button down covered in lucha masks. That’d rule.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Just a little headsup, the Jeff Hardy/Sheamus contract signing segment on SD this week is yet another contender for this

https://twitter.com/CeeHawk/status/1271598827062132736?s=19
https://twitter.com/365Wrestle/status/1271597218475229184

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
A real doctor for the segment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUU0dp6xpsI

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

dude needs to drink more water his pee is way too dark

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

WWE did a urine test angle with shawn michaels back during his feud with the mcmahons

https://twitter.com/GifSkullIV/status/1271602765098135552

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

To the people out there with pee fetishes, congratulations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hopefully with that no talent Heyman gone and Prichard in charge of RAW as well, we can finally get these kinds of elegant classy feuds on Monday night

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Hopefully with that no talent Heyman gone and Prichard in charge of RAW as well, we can finally get these kinds of elegant classy feuds on Monday night

make Paul the #2 behind Bruce and we can get some real good piss cucking going on

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fatherofmustard posted:

To the people out there with pee fetishes, congratulations.

Never thought I'd see the day a poster on this forum was offering heartfelt congratulations to Vince McMahon.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

loving incredible :xd:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Huh. Everybody in this picture has a beard.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Red posted:

Oh you :)

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Red posted:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

WWE did a urine test angle with shawn michaels back during his feud with the mcmahons

https://twitter.com/GifSkullIV/status/1271602765098135552

lol that's almost exactly the same as the segment tonight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown Results for 6/12:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Sheamus forced Jeff Hardy to do a piss test at their contract signing for Backlash. Jeff threw the piss in Sheamus' face and signed the contract.
  • People sometimes ask what it means that WWE is written for an Audience of One. The above segment is a good example.
  • Backstage, the fake doctor told Sheamus that Jeff Hardy's sobriety test came back negative.
  • Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro defeated The New Day in a tag match.
  • A blindfolded Otis got kissed by Mandy and thought it was Tucker. Sheamus and Jeff Hardy brawled through a corridor.
  • AJ Styles defeated Daniel Bryan to win the vacant Intercontinental Championship. It was a very good match broken up by 4 commercial breaks.
  • A recap aired of last weeks segments of Miz & Morrison pranking Braun Strowman. Braun did a backstage piece to camera afterwards about his reaction, and warned Heavy Machinery not to pull any bullshit with the Money in the Bank briefcase tonight.
  • Bayley and Sasha held a party in the ring to celebrate winning the tag titles. Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross interrupted, as did the IIconics via video, and faces Alexa and Nikki heroically attacked Bayley and Sasha from behind for the villainous crime of Bayley wanting to read a poem to her friend about how much she loves and appreciates her.
  • A new Miz and Morrison music video was cut-off by the arrival of Universal Champion Braun Strowman for their six-man tag match.
  • Matt Riddle will make his first appearance on Smackdown next week.
  • Braun & Heavy Machinery defeated Dolph Ziggler and Miz & Morrison in a six-man tag. Otis ran backstage to beat up Baron Corbin when he was creeping on Mandy Rose, then returned to get the win over Dolph.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 13, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

lol with the results out before the show ends

god what a pointless ending; aj match was solid if not for 4 commercial breaks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hirez posted:

lol with the results out before the show ends

Show ended early, at least it did where I live :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Not to say one wrong erases another wrong, but I feel like Matt Hardy teleporting is less dumb than anything Jeff is going to do during this entire final run. I think we know which brother got the better retirement run.