Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

excellent bird guy posted:

I don't want to go into details because I don't want to be gross in here.

Please be gross. If you're having to clean the toilet each time you take a poo poo, something is either wrong with your toilet, the way you poo poo or with you medically.

Fake edit:

Moo the cow posted:

Just checking: you do know that to correctly use a toilet, your butt has to be touching the seat?

You don't open the bathroom door, turn around, bend down and fire away like a lawn sprinkler

Look, this guy was gross first. You too can tell us the tales of your nasty poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I'm is the water level too low? Are you slapping flats every day because that's the only thing I can think of that would require a scrub every time.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Manager Hoyden posted:

slapping flats

Do I want to know what this means?

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
thank you for answering my poop questions. I think I'll get it under control now.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

excellent bird guy posted:

thank you for answering my poop questions. I think I'll get it under control now.

Are you going to start making GBS threads in the field behind your house?

It may be the simplest option.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
i'm getting owned hard in this thread. I'll um clean the toilet every sunday.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

You brush it every time you leave a poop smear.

You bleach and brush it every sunday.

And you really should add more fibre in your diet.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

is op in germany? that might explain some things. germans have those weird shelf toilets were the poo poo just sits there out of water for some reason, i can imagine that kind of toilet would probably need to be cleaned more frequently?

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
If you're leaving German toilet smears you can remedy it by putting a couple of sheets in before you poo poo. I learnt about this from a guide on chemical toilets. But dude fix your poo poo.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I always try to have Facebook feed settings to Most Recent, rather than Top Stories, but for the past week or so I've noticed that when I flip it back to Most Recent, it will only show me limited posts (maybe it's hiding stuff it thinks I've already seen). Is this deliberate fuckery on their part? Something I can change? An unfortunate glitch?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

What the gently caress does slapping flats mean lmao I am dying over here trying to figure it out

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

Drimble Wedge posted:

I always try to have Facebook feed settings to Most Recent, rather than Top Stories, but for the past week or so I've noticed that when I flip it back to Most Recent, it will only show me limited posts (maybe it's hiding stuff it thinks I've already seen). Is this deliberate fuckery on their part? Something I can change? An unfortunate glitch?

facebook is the devil and its deceits are without number

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Why did Power Rangers make the jump from Japan to America but similar series such as Ultraman and Kamen Rider did not? I'm curious about this since I'm currently in China and see that Ultraman is really popular with the kids here, so I'm wondering on why some cultural entertainment is exported but others are not.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

George H.W. oval office posted:

What the gently caress does slapping flats mean lmao I am dying over here trying to figure it out

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
Well with Power Rangers someone decided to license the footage from Super Sentai and mix it with scenes of a group of Americans doing the rest of the story, and thus the first season of Power Rangers was born. Nobody ever had that same idea for Kamen Rider, assumedly they (correctly) thought it didn't have the same merchandise potential that Power Rangers did, or that Ultraman was too similar to Power Rangers and wouldn't play if they tried to do both at once.

Power Rangers didn't come here organically because nobody really had that much cultural connection with a country on the other side of the world because they didn't have internet and they spoke a language that doesn't even use the same alphabet, it had to be brought here by someone who had a clever idea about what they could do with the footage from this property.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
They absolutely had the same idea, Saban tried the Power Rangers trick with Kamen Rider and renamed it Masked Rider. It did extremely poorly because the market for repackaged toku shows had been pushed beyond sustainability.

Hanna Barbera coproduced an Ultraman pilot in the late 80's that never expanded to a full series, but they released it as a standalone film in the US in 1987. It didn't take off.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

George H.W. oval office posted:

Apparently it's a mid 1800s remedy for digestive issues. Slapping your abs with the flats of your hands.

https://books.google.com/books?id=Z...20flats&f=false

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I remember watching ultraman as a kid though. It was on tv in Dallas between 1982 and 84 or around then somehow. I loved it

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Drimble Wedge posted:

Facebook is constantly changing and updating stuff and rolling changes out for different people at different times. They don't want you to know how anything works or have any control over it. Something might be broken, or maybe you're just trying to use it in a way that they don't want you to. Either way there's probably nothing you can do about it and no way anyone else can verify if they have the same issue because functionally they're not even looking at the same site.

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

Tiggum posted:

Facebook is constantly changing and updating stuff and rolling changes out for different people at different times. They don't want you to know how anything works or have any control over it. Something might be broken, or maybe you're just trying to use it in a way that they don't want you to. Either way there's probably nothing you can do about it and no way anyone else can verify if they have the same issue because functionally they're not even looking at the same site.

that's what i said

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Earwicker posted:

is op in germany? that might explain some things. germans have those weird shelf toilets were the poo poo just sits there out of water for some reason, i can imagine that kind of toilet would probably need to be cleaned more frequently?

Just for poop related clearance here, these poop presentation toilets are not anymore very common in Germany. They used to be built in until the 80s or 90s at best, since then we moved to an American style toilet, but without drowning it in water like you guys do. The poop leaves its house and falls straight into the small, non-presentable opening that is filled with water (the bowl itself is dry) and then you flush and it fits right through.

I do admit though that my flat still has a presentational bowl built in as the toilet is from 1978 but it is not harder to clean. The small throne it sits on always has a bit of water on it so the poop can be washed away with ease and any leftovers get brushed. Regular cleaner is fine to keep it very clean and you have full view on the quality and nature of your logs, which from a medical and pride based perspective is very useful.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I've never heard the term before but going by context it sounds like slapping flats is when your turd either partially or fully lands on the upper part of the inner toilet bowl that the water doesn't reach.

Hey OP is it possible your toilet is getting stained from hard water and not poo poo?

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Drimble Wedge posted:

You still have a "Most Recent" option on Facebook? I was in a constant battle, switching from Top Stories, which Facebook would make my default, to Top Stories, which is definitely my preference. But then my ability to use Most Recent disappeared several months ago and I'm stuck seeing what Facebook deems to be most important to me. It's frustrating as hell.

At least I have an extension on my browser that blocks the dreaded "sponsored posts," which is essentially advertising.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CocoaNuts posted:

You still have a "Most Recent" option on Facebook? I was in a constant battle, switching from Top Stories, which Facebook would make my default, to Top Stories, which is definitely my preference. But then my ability to use Most Recent disappeared several months ago and I'm stuck seeing what Facebook deems to be most important to me. It's frustrating as hell.

Social Fixer is still auto-switching it to Most Recent for me. Facebook still does some kind of filtering even on Most Recent though, so it's not as useful as it used to be.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
Fucken losin' my poo poo over here (lol) at the poop talk, and am also intensely curious. Pretty please, excellent bird guy, indulge our inquiring minds.

vvvJFC I'm gonna have a laughter orgasm

Hipster_Doofus fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 12, 2020

Qubee
May 31, 2013

slapping flats is the opposite of clapping cheeks. if she don't got a booty, you're slapping flats.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Goons Are Great posted:

Just for poop related clearance here, these poop presentation toilets are not anymore very common in Germany. They used to be built in until the 80s or 90s at best, since then we moved to an American style toilet, but without drowning it in water like you guys do.

lol this is such a strange way to put it. it doesnt like need to "breathe" or anything

i'd certainly believe if your toilets were more efficient in terms of water usage, but that's just because Americans love wasting resources not because we're trying to "drown" our poo

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Quality poop results from being exposed to air for just the right amount of time.

So I know that you do that for a reason and because you have the second highest water usage per person of the world anyways, but when I learned about Americans flooding their toilet bowls with water it was a revelation to me. I never before understood the problem of trying to sit down on a fully opened toilet at night and getting an rear end shower, because our toilets don't do that and now I finally get all these American toilet jokes.

Actually, do other countries also do that? I know it's rather rare in Europe, but no idea about the UK. What about Canada? Australia? Are overflowing toilets an Anglo-Saxon thing or is it us Europeans being the dry weirdos?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Goons Are Great posted:

Actually, do other countries also do that? I know it's rather rare in Europe, but no idea about the UK. What about Canada? Australia? Are overflowing toilets an Anglo-Saxon thing or is it us Europeans being the dry weirdos?

Can't speak for other countries but Canadian households are essentially the same as American ones in every aspect except we all have kettles and don't wear our shoes inside.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Mak0rz posted:

Can't speak for other countries but Canadian households are essentially the same as American ones in every aspect except we all have kettles and don't wear our shoes inside.

Those barbarians!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

You have to let the poop rest or the juices will all flow out.

Can confirm, the UK does not have excessive amounts of water.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Mak0rz posted:

My experience has been that most households in the US don't wear their shoes inside. The exceptions that come to mind were families that immigrated to the US.

But, I've heard this description of the US before, so maybe my Midwestern experience isn't very representative. :shrug:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I don't wear shoes OR pants in my house, does the rest of America not do this?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I can confirm that the rest of America doesn't wear shoes or pants in your house either.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I, as many people my age in America, have too much student debt to afford a house.

Slimy Hog fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 13, 2020

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Hipster_Doofus posted:

vvvJFC I'm gonna have a laughter orgasm

Ohhh yes, YES!!! Almost there....

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Mak0rz posted:

and your milk comes in a bag

(also most americans i know have kettles)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Goons Are Great posted:

fully opened toilet

as opposed to?

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Platystemon posted:

as opposed to?

They mean the seat up too.