Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Spoilers if someone is interested but hasn't seen the latest NOAH show from this morning

Sugiura-gun have 2 new Junior members because I guess it's gone from a cool group to a weird revolving door where no one stays for more than 2 months. Anyway, it's Kendo Kashin and Kaz Hayashi.

I get Kaz but why would you bring in Kendo? This is just weird. Meanwhile Dick Togo hasn't been back since Junior League :( Kendo Kashin will always "guy from the terrible Best of American Super Juniors tournament ROH ran". He famously got "Please don't come back chants"

I just finished watching New Hope Day 2, thought Yone vs Okada was a fun stuff little match and Kiyomiya vs Inamura was good too. Fun little shows at just 90 minutes.

We also had Inaba from Wrestle 1 to confront Kaito at the end of that match and Masao Inoue also challenged Nakajima for the National title. Which is certainly a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kendo Kashin is Nosawa's friend and Nosawa is doing him a solid after WWE hosed him over and left him literally stranded in Florida.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

lets let conductor baba and his friends tell us the story of snow white

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_L-MdFvq00

jumbo snow white over selling that apple hard

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Watching Samurai TV and they're showing a NOAH British tour from 2008. The fact that Mitsuharu Misawa & Naomichi Marufuji vs. Kenta Kobashi & Go Shiozaki is a match that happened in loving Coventry is wild.

The production is also way above the RevPro produced NJPW shows despite being ten years earlier

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Watching Samurai TV and they're showing a NOAH British tour from 2008. The fact that Mitsuharu Misawa & Naomichi Marufuji vs. Kenta Kobashi & Go Shiozaki is a match that happened in loving Coventry is wild.

The production is also way above the RevPro produced NJPW shows despite being ten years earlier

I remember that European Navigation tour. I really only knew the NOAH guys from ROH but was still this close to going despite Coventry being something in the order of 10 hours away by train. But work got in the way. At the time there was so little in the way of hype around Britwres, seeing guys like that was so enticing. Doug Williams & Nigel McGuinness vs Kotaro Suzuki & Takashi Sugiura. KENTA & Ishimori in a team (the more things change...) against Danielson & Edwards. Why didn't I go? :(

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

in their never-ending quest to secure Japanese wrestling for a worldwide audience, IWTV just put up the debut PURE-J show from 2017 which has a heck of a card:

quote:

Singles Match
Command Bolshoi vs. Konami

Tag Team Match
Aoi Kizuki & Saori Anou vs. Alex Lee & Natsumi Maki

Singles Match
Mariko Yoshida vs. Leon

Ladder Match
MIKAMI vs. KAZUKI

Singles Match
Takako Inoue vs. Yako Fujigasaki

Singles Match
Hiroyo Matsumoto vs. Rydeen Hagane

Singles Match
Yumiko Hotta vs. Manami Katsu

Singles Match
Meiko Satomura vs. Hanako Nakamori

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Suplex Liberace posted:

lets let conductor baba and his friends tell us the story of snow white

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_L-MdFvq00

jumbo snow white over selling that apple hard
I thought I had seen all of these. Bless you.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Lamuella posted:

in their never-ending quest to secure Japanese wrestling for a worldwide audience, IWTV just put up the debut PURE-J show from 2017 which has a heck of a card:

This is the coolest poo poo IWTV is doing outside of the BLM stream.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

While I remember, there's a AJPW Jr title match on Dragongate's network tomorrow, Yokosuka Susumu vs All Japan young boy Hokuto Omori.

Which is a fun idea.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Might have Yosuke Santa Maria in it as well apparently

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Shamefully nearly forgot: NOAH have a show tomorrow/today (depending on your timezone) with a GHC Heavyweight Title match. It's free on Abema.tv live & to watch for the following 7 days. Starts at 7pm JST, which by my counting is 11am in the UK & 6am EST. Card from Hisame's blog because nobody else can summarise NOAH like her. Glad it starts so late because I'm an idiot who forgot this was on & thus managed to stay awake until 2am. Doh

MATCH ONE
Black Spider VII & SUSHI vs FULL THROTTLE (Hajime Ohara & Seiki Yoshioka)

While the crazy third member of FULL THROTTLE has a title match later on the card, Ohara and Yoshioka get a break from arguing about who is the leader for the evening (although Atsushi Kotoge is convinced that it is him).

MATCH TWO
The Sugiura Army Juniors (Kendo Kashin, Kaz Hayashi & NOSAWA Rongai) vs Kongoh (Kenoh, Nio & Hao)

It's a well known fact that Kenoh hates NOSAWA Rongai (then again Kenoh pretty much hates everyone in Noah), so God knows what he is going to make of Kendo Kashin, who has probably not endeared himself to Kenoh in any way by saying that he has no idea how to tell the difference between Nio and Hao. Kashin vs Kenoh should be interesting due to their background in martial arts (Kashin MMA, Kenoh in Nippon Kempo), but ultimately its not Kenoh who is Kashin's focus, its Yoshinari Ogawa.

MATCH THREE
STINGER (Yoshinari Ogawa & HAYATA) & Kinya Okada vs Daisuke Harada, Tadasuke & YO-HEY

The bitter grudge between STINGER & HAYATA'S former RATELS friends continues to reach boiling point after three days of the Noah Junior events "NOAH In The Spotlight", ending with Daisuke Harada vs HAYATA coming to a disqualification after STINGER came into the ring and interfered in the match. Simply put, something has got to give.

MATCH FOUR
GHC JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT MATCH
Kotaro Suzuki vs Atsushi Kotoge

Atsushi Kotoge announced his intention to challenge for the title on the 11th June, and repeatedly pestered Kotaro Suzuki about it on the last night of "NOAH In The Spotlight". Taking a leaf out of Kotaro's "you have to be serious when making a challenge", Kotoge unexpectedly came to the aid of Daisuke Harada (although that was not while he was there) during a melee fight at the end of the main event, and to prove how serious he was, he hit Kotaro with The Killswitch. After that, Kotaro gave him his title match telling his former tag partner that he could come to the match "FULL THROTTLE" but he himself would not need to get out of "second gear". It remains to be seen whether Daisuke Harada tonight will return the favor to Kotoge yesterday by keeping STINGER away from the match.

MATCH FIVE
The Sugiura Army (Takashi Sugiura, Kazushi Sakuraba & Rene Dupree) vs Kongoh (Masa Kitamiya, Manabu Soya & Yoshiki Inamura)

Hoss fight coming up between Takashi Sugiura, Masa Kitamiya, Manabu Soya (who had his front teeth knocked out by Sugiura) and Yoshiki Inamura. Manabu Soya has stated that he is interested in the GHC Heavyweight, so we may well see a challenge to whoever wins tonight, and Inamura has a goal to overcome his senor (and hero, despite the hatred between Kongoh and just about everyone else), Takashi Sugiura. It shouldn't also be forgotten that Rene Dupree is one half of the GHC Heavyweight Tag Titles, which no one has come forward for to challenge yet.

MATCH SIX
GHC NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Masao Inoue

When he won the championship, Katsuhiko Nakajima said he would accept all challenges, and Masao Inoue (usually the butt of jokes in Noah), came forward to challenge for the belt (something he didn't do when Takashi Sugiura was champion). Nakajima accepted and the match has been made for tonight. A comedy wrestler, usually the butt of jokes in Noah (i.e. harassed by Takashi Sugiura), Inoue does have a history of defeats over Nakajima and can strike very hard and very quickly when he wants to. Do not underestimate him.

MATCH SEVEN
Keiji Mutoh & MochiMaru (Naomichi Marufuji & Masaaki Mochizuki) vs Kaito Kiyomiya, Shuhei Taniguchi & Mohammed Yone

This isn't quite the singles match that Kaito Kiyomiya wanted against Keiji Mutoh, but I think that will come when Noah get back to holding live events in due course, but for now he gets a tag match. Kenta Kobashi, who will be the special guest commentator for the evening, has stated that he thinks it is good for Kiyomiya to have matches like this against veterans, and he wants Kiyomiya to pace himself and work on the parts that are missing. In a way this is a kind of Misawa memorial match, with only Kiyomiya and Mochizuki never having known him.

MATCH EIGHT
GHC Heavyweight Championship
Go Shiozaki vs Akitoshi Saito
This match has its origins in June 2009; on the 14th June, Go Shiozaki won the vacant GHC Heavyweight title by defeating Takashi Rikio for it. The title had been vacated due to Jun Akiyama suffering an injury. Akitoshi Saito was Shiozaki's first challenger that September. What ties these two together so deeply is their shared trauma from being Misawa's tag partner (Shiozaki) and his last opponent (Saito) on that day in Hiroshima in 2009. Eleven years have passed since then.
Shiozaki has called this match "destiny".

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I really want to know what possessed NOAH to have the opening match featuring Black Spider VII to go nearly 20 minutes. Because it was extremely not necessary.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I really want to know what possessed NOAH to have the opening match featuring Black Spider VII to go nearly 20 minutes. Because it was extremely not necessary.

The realisation that they need to fill their time slot and gave the two big title matches on the show to a pair of guys in their 50s?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The realisation that they need to fill their time slot and gave the two big title matches on the show to a pair of guys in their 50s?

Mostly I think NOSAWA has done a good job booking NOAH, & even the GHC Heavyweight title makes some sense with Shiozaki & Saito both linked through Misawa's final match, but then throwing Inoue in against Nakajima is just "what?" Best will in the world, he's a comedy mid-carder. And okay, you don't want to blow a bigger match when we're close to crowds returning but if it means the opening 2 matches both go nearly 20, it's an odd choice.

On the positive side, Okada teaming with Ogawa & HAYATA.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think they just wanted both members of the Anti-Wrestlers Alliance challenging. Inoue is actually good though. Takayama booked him against Sekimoto at the last Takayamania Empire cos he was mad that nobody takes him seriously.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I can't pinpoint what exactly is but there's something different with YO-HEY's hair & it's discomforting. I think it's just wetter & flatter than usual?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

He's cut it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That'd explain it.

So far, so good for Suzuki vs Kotoge. Not the greatest match ever but the first match of the show that's held my attention.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1272408998990409729?s=19

NOAH have cancelled every event outside Tokyo through the end of September to prevent the spread of coronavirus

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mutoh/MochiMaru are bringing in a new member to their temporary M themed stable

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1272383813818122240?s=19

The clues they've given are that he's old, friends with Nosawa and has close ties to another company.

Based on those it's probably TAKA Michinoku or maybe Minoru Suzuki.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I will accept TAKA being back on my screen.

I had to bail on yesterday's show at intermission because it was just going on and on and the only match on the first half that didn't feel like a chore to watch was the Junior title match. But I will finish it, even if 4 hours for a NOAH no fan show is extreme overkill.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah it was way way too long, especially after the breezy SEAd show the day before. The main event was incredible and Nakajima/Masao was funny so they're worth going back for

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dragon Gate back in front of fans on the 4th of July

quote:

DRAGONGATE Pro-Wrestling will resume holding live events with fans starting on July 4th in Kyoto. The schedule for July is as follows:
July 4th (Saturday) 6:00PM - Kyoto, KBS Hall
July 5th (Sunday) 3:00PM - Kyoto, KBS Hall
July 10th (Friday) 6:30PM - Aichi, Nagoya Tsuyuhashi Sports Center
July 15th (Wednesday) 6:30PM - Tokyo, Korakuen Hall
July 18th (Saturday) 6:00PM - Ishikawa, Kimassi Kanazawa
July 19th (Sunday) 5:00PM - Hyogo, Kobe Sambo Hall
July 23rd (Thursday) 5:00PM - Fukui, Fukuiken Sangyokaikan
Regarding the event scheduled for July 26th in Kobe World Kinen Hall, it would be difficult to run on that date under the current circumstances. We have made the decision to postpone it until later in the year. Preparations are underway and the new date will be announced when it is available.

Kobe World being postponed isn't unexpected but still a shame. But it's coming back hell yeah

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

BATTLARTS just got added to IWTV.

https://twitter.com/indiewrestling/status/1273648618503839745

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Holy yes time to reup

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you have IWTV and never watched this before I'd say it's worth a go, starts in under 10 minutes

https://twitter.com/smartmarkvideo/status/1273763164958711808?s=21

Akira Hyodo and Takuya Nomura vs Okami (Daichi Hashimoto and Hideyoshi Kamitani)
Fuminori Abe, Kazuki Hashimoto, Yuki Ishikawa and Yuya Aoki vs Koju Takeda, Kota Sekifuda, Shinobu and Tatsuhiko Yoshino
Abdullah Kobayashi, Hideki Suzuki and Yoshihisa Uto vs Ryota Hama, Takuho Kato and Yasufumi Nakanoue
Kazumi Kikuta and Ryuichi Kawakami vs Strong BJ (Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi)
Kankuro Hoshino vs Takayuki Ueki in a G-Shock Body and Gumba-chan #1 deathmatch
Yuko Miyamoto vs Ryuichi Sekine in a TLC deathmatch
Minoru Fujita vs Takumi Tsukamoto in a Barbed Wire Board deathmatch
Masashi Takeda vs Toshiyuki Sakuda in a Fluorescent Light Tubes, Gadet Board and Alpha deathmatch
Ryuji Ito vs Isami Kodaka in a Fluorescent Light Tubes and Glass Board deathmatch

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Can someone explain what Battlarts is and what makes it different?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

mariooncrack posted:

It's work shoot wrestling like UWFi or Pancrase

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

mariooncrack posted:

A lot of earnest Japanese men punching one another in the face

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
It’s a lot more pro wrestling based than something like rings. It can be a lot more theatrical and the best guys are wild stiff which is fun. It was also probably the most pimped on message boards around turn of the century so this is part of that Tony khan tweet today.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

The Ikeda/Ishikawa matches in particular are some of the greatest poo poo you'll ever see.

e: This is from an offshoot promotion, but if you dig this 5 minute match, BatBat is for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB8fDbhdxvU

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jun 19, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

All Japan announced the dates for their Summer Action Series "tour" next month

" 2020 SUMMER ACTION SERIES "
13th July 19:00  Tokyo Shinkiba 1stRING 
* Entrance limited to fan club members

18th July 14:00  Chiba · 2AW Square 
25th July 18:30  Tokyo Korakuen Hall 

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

hunnert car pileup posted:

The Ikeda/Ishikawa matches in particular are some of the greatest poo poo you'll ever see.

e: This is from an offshoot promotion, but if you dig this 5 minute match, BatBat is for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB8fDbhdxvU

Extremely my poo poo but quite peculiar that Kevin Dunn was moonlighting for a niche Japanese indy.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The DDT Saitama Super Arena No-People Rojo Electrocution Explosion show is finally up on Universe. It's everything you'd expect it to be.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Akileese posted:

The DDT Saitama Super Arena No-People Rojo Electrocution Explosion show is finally up on Universe. It's everything you'd expect it to be.
I saw a still image of Brookes using his body to shield Itoh from an explosion and it had me internally crying, can't wait to watch it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Akileese posted:

:hellyeah:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Alan4L/status/1274439804374192134

nongdongfongbong
Jul 30, 2006
"Nongnongdongfongbong" is one character too long. : (

Wow that's big news considering he was bedridden for the last couple of years. Really hope he regains enough mobility to lead a relatively normal life.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

nongdongfongbong posted:

Wow that's big news considering he was bedridden for the last couple of years. Really hope he regains enough mobility to lead a relatively normal life.

He had to paint with his teeth! This is seriously great news, maybe the first 100% happy story I've read in weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

here's his blog entry if you wanna read or run through a translator--I believe his wife is writing this:

https://ameblo.jp/takayama-do/entry-12605275583.html