Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

You know they’ll release a standard edition a few months later. I’m just gonna wait for that version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Liar Lyre posted:

You know they’ll release a standard edition a few months later. I’m just gonna wait for that version.

More chalk for the rest of us!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
You can take my chalk when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CHALK!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CPL593H posted:

You can take my chalk when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

That’s the idea.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You know for a fact that chalk is gonna rattle around inside the box and gently caress up the book and the ad thing.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

My favorite this about this is that it's autographed by the co-creator of Swamp Thing.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

CPL593H posted:

My favorite this about this is that it's autographed by the co-creator of Swamp Thing.

Ah yes, Phil Chalk.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

This is actually the cheapest way to stock up on Hagoromo Fulltouch Chalk currently so it’s a pretty good deal.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
"Michael Keaton is Beetlejuice presents Handbook for the Recently Deceased" is an awful run-on sentence

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Hedrigall posted:

"Michael Keaton is Beetlejuice presents Handbook for the Recently Deceased" is an awful run-on sentence

Michael Keaton is Beetlejuice presents Handbook for the Recently Deceased: A Chalkbook Story

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
Do you think the chalk will work on the scoreboard by my dart board? the chalk i have kinda skids across the surface and doesn't really leave a mark its too hard

I'm hoping for soft chalk

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
uh that will destroy the resale value you moron you absolute idiot

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 11, 2020

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I'm gunna start hoarding chalk and reselling it to incomplete collections or to buyers who bought it and the chalk was broken. I'll have un-broken, pure white and ready to store in your collectors edition chalk, available soon at $79.99 a pop. $69.99 if you pre-order now.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

feedmyleg posted:

uh that will destroy the retail value you moron you absolute idiot

fuckin fine

here

*tears a very neat square out of slip cover and folds into a small chalk tray*

see? better now? it's got a tray.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I'll probably buy that. I don't care about the movie, I just want that chalk.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

uh that will destroy the resale value you moron you absolute idiot

That's why you buy a second set

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

That chalk doesn’t even look like the same kind Baldwin used in the movie smdh.

That’s some chunky-rear end chalk, not this schoolmarm Crayola bullshit they’re trying to hustle us with.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Splint Chesthair posted:

That chalk doesn’t even look like the same kind Baldwin used in the movie smdh.

That’s some chunky-rear end chalk, not this schoolmarm Crayola bullshit they’re trying to hustle us with.

As a tangent, I drew so many doors on brick walls as a kid because of Beetlejuice

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Iron Crowned posted:

As a tangent, I drew so many doors on brick walls as a kid because of Beetlejuice

Don’t leave us hanging, did any of them work??

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Xenomrph posted:

Don’t leave us hanging, did any of them work??

No :(

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I'm going to go buy a bunch of pieces of sidewalk chalk and write Michael Keaton is Beetlejuice presents Limited Edition Chalk on the sides with a sharpie and sell them to manchildren for outrageous markups on ebay.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

CPL593H posted:

I'm going to go buy a bunch of pieces of sidewalk chalk and write Michael Keaton is Beetlejuice presents Limited Edition Chalk on the sides with a sharpie and sell them to manchildren for outrageous markups on ebay.

Finally, a use for that FBI copyright hotline. I hope they give me a cash reward for turning in sickos like you.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Let's see, soemtime this year we're getting Beetlejuice, Back to the Future, and the Goonies on UHD, is there anything else I need to prepare my wallet for?

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

Let's see, soemtime this year we're getting Beetlejuice, Back to the Future, and the Goonies on UHD, is there anything else I need to prepare my wallet for?

Possession if you like euro horror

Edit-cronenberg's crash is supposed to get a 4k release sometime this year as well.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

How many of these come with chalk?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Can't wait to pick up my Back to the Future box set with a can of screen-accurate dog food!!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Can't wait to pick up my Back to the Future box set with a can of screen-accurate dog food!!

This is loving bullshit, when it was announced they said it was coming with plutonium.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Remember in the late 90s when the trend was to include a piece of film strip? I still think those are cool.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CPL593H posted:

How many of these come with chalk?

Back to the Future II probably could.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CPL593H posted:

This is loving bullshit, when it was announced they said it was coming with plutonium.

They said it came with plutonium, but it actually came with the innards from a pinball machine.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Full Metal Jacket
Vertigo
Psycho
Rear Window
The Birds

Columbia Classics Vol. 1 with Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Lawrence of Arabia (Dolby Vision/Atmos), Dr. Strangelove, Gandhi (Atmos), A League of Their Own (Atmos), and Jerry Maguire out next week.

Spartacus on July 21 (Dolby Vision/DTS: X)

Arrow US's first two UHDs being Pitch Black and Flash Gordon coming on August 18

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
I will punch myself in the dick forever if it helps me get the Wong Kar Wai UHD set

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Is Back to the Future confirmed? I was watching the old Blu-ray the other day, the transfer is pretty dreadful

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ultraviolence123 posted:

Is Back to the Future confirmed? I was watching the old Blu-ray the other day, the transfer is pretty dreadful
Let's see how they decide to gently caress this one up?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
If it doesn't come with a life-size Mr Fusion that I can connect to my car, then I don't want to know.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm imagining a BTTF collectors edition coming with, like, a Biff matchbook or a lenticular family photo or an Oh La La magazine or a sports almanac or some cheap thing. But if you care enough to want a prop replica from a movie like that, you can probably buy it from the prop builder community and have it be a lot more accurate than something a marketing department would churn out on a budget and mass produce.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

feedmyleg posted:

I'm imagining a BTTF collectors edition coming with, like, a Biff matchbook or a lenticular family photo or an Oh La La magazine or a sports almanac or some cheap thing. But if you care enough to want a prop replica from a movie like that, you can probably buy it from the prop builder community and have it be a lot more accurate than something a marketing department would churn out on a budget and mass produce.

Ehem... I never said "replica."

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1271845900520996864?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Is that reissue of the Vince Price volume 1 set from Shout an absolute certainty?

edit: Never mind, you can already pre-order it.