Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't trust Sou, even less so now. He already has issues with Sara, if Sara votes against what he wants (saving Kanna), then there's no reason to believe he'll ever be on her side. He's more useful than Kanna, sure, but he's also far less predictable, and I can't be sure if he'll aim his righteous anger the right way if we spare him. Not to mention, Kanna's a child and an innocent one at that, Q-Taro's right, sacrificing a child is not acceptable for adults.

My vote's for Sou. Though honestly, I wish Gashu had not killed himself or the game let you force a tie with Keiji, both seem like more interesting situations than "nothing the characters did actually mattered", which is all we got out of this trial. This game really seems to want me to dislike it during the main trials it seems, because this is the second time in a row where I feel like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I vote for Kanna. It's what she wants and what Shin doesn't want. (We still hate his guts, right?) Although really, my primary reason is that keeping our main poo poo-stirrer alive is more interesting in terms of the relationship dynamics between the characters and how it'll presumably change whatever comes next.

Furthermore, there's the question of exactly who the real Sou Hiyori is. He's the guy Alice killed, yeah, but everybody who was present at the time had met him prior to entering the game and their memories of him were erased for some reason. He's gotta be important somehow. Shin's scarf is suspiciously similar to his, he adopted his name through the memory erasure, and his reaction to remembering Sou Hiyori was much more violent than everyone else's (though maybe partially faked in order to initiate a trade). If Shin's voted out, whatever he knows dies with him, but if he's alive he might have info on Sou Hiyori that the other participants don't.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Nao is the real answer here. Just get out of this miserable death game. Shame it's not an option.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

wologar posted:

Nao is the real answer here. Just get out of this miserable death game. Shame it's not an option.

By the sounds of it it is, but it's a game-over and Hydro will be showing it off anyway?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I say Kanna. It's a lovely decision either way but she's committed to sacrificing herself for the sake of the group and I feel like this way we have more of a shot at escaping and revealing more of the mysteries surrounding the games as well as the mystery surrounding Sou, Shin, and Alice. I think I'm also past the point of doubting Shin, and I don't think he'll be interested in petty revenge on the group when it was Kanna's choice to sacrifice herself.

Mostly I just think it will be the more interesting choice though.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

wologar posted:

It's a real option we'll see next update, just not an option that lets the game continue. I don't really think either Nao or Sara will handle the guilt of basically killing everybody else to save themselves all that well, though.

e: Had a thought about the comment upthread that it feels like nothing was gained from finding out Gashu's meddling with the game because he just killed himself. It's true that the game continued because Safalin jumped in, but what would happen if all the floor masters had provably meddled with the game and there wasn't anyone left to administrate the Main Game after everyone had all shot themselves (or there wasn't anyone left to kill the remaining meddlers)? I bet if anything this is the real way for as many people as possible to get the 24 hour escape chance without having to keep going along with this.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 12, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm sorry, are we about to take advantage of a child who thinks that death is the only way to redeem herself?

I vote Sou.

WhalerWren
Oct 9, 2012
Voting for Kanna. Just because it seems the most interesting outcome.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh god this is gut-wrenching. At least unlike Miley, Safalin will probably make sure that this is as painless as possible. And right now, the biggest gently caress you to the kidnappers is to let the one with 0% odds live. As much as I'd love to send that poo poo to an early grave, we need Shin around at this point. He's got a lot to make up for, and we need to put him to work. Vote for Kanna

...Sorry, Nao, you got screwed, but taking that way out is going to cause a lot more death.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Sou. He's blatantly trying to actually save someone. And if he's denied I can't imagine a worse enemy.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sou/Shin. Kanna is a child.

She's probably going to go nuts though. First her sister, now Sou/Shin.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 13, 2020

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.
Nao. gently caress this bullshit, we're getting out of here. There's obviously going to be a better ending where multiple people escape because that's just how these kinds of games go, but hey, immediate escape :v:

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Don't suppose there's a way to ask Nao to save Gin instead is there :supaburn:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Kanna.

Kanna will blame herself if Suo dies. Suo will blame US if Kanna dies.

I can see Suo living if things continue. I don't think Kanna will.

(For real, though, show off Nao. "Thanks for letting me win, everyone else!")

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
For all the hate and antagonism, the game thus far has been Shin Tsukimi acting out of fear, doing his best to put on a persona to stay alive. He's been exposed and rubbed raw in pursuit of a hope of escape, but up until now, he's been trying to hurt Sara because of a belief in her antagonism that this trial has been proven to be largely misplaced. Until now, Sara's chance to prove herself the cruel monster he's been terrified of. Why would he want to be useful to the sadist who sent the traumatized 14 year old he's been trying to protect to her death?

Also, Reko's dead, and Nao's about to be dead. If you vote for Kanna, then you've killed off every girl in the players except Sara. And that sucks.

Vote for Sou and honor his wish.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"Joke" answer- Nao, because gently caress these bunch of losers (and Gin and Kanna), plus I admire how she waited until the very end to make the offer to Sara.

Serious answer, Kanna, because A)she had already accepted her death, B) is not as useful as Sou, and C) spite for Sou. I can only hope that Sara just looks Sou dead in the eye and says "Why shouldn't I vote for Kanna, Sou? You said it yourself. She's just useless dead weight that won't possibly contribute to our escape. You were fine with voting for her a few minutes ago Sou." And just twist that knife as much as she can when she votes for Kanna. Because gently caress Sou, he doesn't get the easy way out of this game.

Kobanya
Aug 6, 2013
From what I recall, we tried our best to save Gin when it was another "adult or a child" choice, so I'm going to go with Sou for the vote.

Like, for all we know, we could vote for Kanna, but Sou goes beserk and decides to go out like Kai did. Then he won't be useful to anyone. Or he could just slip into a heavy depression and/or not want to work with Sara, like another poster said.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
Nao's going to die if we don't vote for her but everyone except for Nao and whoever she picks (if she picks anyone) will die if we DO vote for her. Voting for Kanna will firmly put Alice and Q-Taro against Sara, will likely traumatize Shin if he really is being genuine in wanting us to spare Kanna, and might be enough to convince Gin to not blindly trust Sara. Keiji was the first to vote for Kanna so at this point I doubt anything short of Sara stating that she intends to throw Keiji under the bus during the next Main Game will shake his trust in her.

So, that leaves Sou/Shin as my choice.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
Sou/Shin. The people have convinced me.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Polderjoch posted:

Nao. gently caress this bullshit, we're getting out of here. There's obviously going to be a better ending where multiple people escape because that's just how these kinds of games go, but hey, immediate escape :v:

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

So what was the point of Gashu's transgression and why did he kill himself? Are candidates that important? Why does he care if he is also a captive?

Vote for Sou

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
Voting for Sou. He's come to the point of wanting to sacrifice himself to save someone on that. To be honest, I don't want either of them to die, but I especially don't want to spit on his character development.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Voting for Keiji and killing both is some serious pure evil poo poo. I can't decide if I am glad the game doesn't let you or vaguely disappointed. It'd be fun to see the characters rally together to destroy Sara.

There is no good to be found here. The others all voted first and made Sara have to murder someone, and also made her destroy the other one. Nao might actually be the best answer, honestly. The other votes aren't going to be fixated on the same way. It's the only thing that doesn't doom one (both) of the people you're voting for to a fate they didn't choose.

Y'know, it just dooms Keiji, Gin, Q-taro and Alice.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
We should vote for Sou. Yes, he's more useful than Kanna, he's also a helluva lot more vindictive than Kanna. It's been clear that this entire round of the game, he's been trying to keep her safe, he manipulated her into the final round because he assumed she had the Sacrifice, but now, here, he knows she doesn't, he's KILLED HER if he isn't voted for. Not only that, but Sara will be the one who killed her in spite of his protests, he said it himself.

Kanna's a kid, she's a dumb kid who assumes that her dying will solve all the problems in the world, I can relate to that, I think a lot of us have at times gone down into a mentally dark place like that. And guess what? It was never the answer and it wouldn't have solved anything.

Sou is volunteering himself, let's honor that.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Vote Shin/Sou. He might be useful, sure, but the dude’s hardly there to begin with - surviving this at Kanna’s expense will probably send him right off the deep end.

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary
The vote has to go to Sou/Shin. Not because of any lingering ill will, but he's proven to be a crafty mofo, and if we piss him off here by killing Kanna, he may very likely become the most dangerous dude there. Besides, this is something he wants to do. Hell, he went into this Main Game trying to ensure Kanna's safety. We ought to honor his wishes on this.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Vote for Sou. Do you really think he'll work with us if we kill the only person he seems to remotely care about?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Sou's really the only choice between the two, the very reasons why people want to save him (he's the smarter one, he knows his way around), are actually reasons against him because if you kill Kanna now he's never going to help anyone else in this game ever again. I think I would have voted Nao though, just to show a middle finger to the hosts (and also ask Nao to save one of the two children there).

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Why does Sou care so much about Kanna, and only Kanna, though? He's spent the whole game putting his own survival first, so why sacrifice himself for someone that he recently met?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
SPECULATION:

Suo has such a poor shot at winning because he's actually a good guy that always does this or something like it at some point during the simulations, and all y'all trashing on him for the entire game, are gonna feel bad. Meanwhile, Sara is the most cut-throat competitor.

Part three's gonna be a trip either way. This feels substantially more dynamic of a choice than the Alice/Reko one, and also gives you much more agency, which is a huge improvement.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

wologar posted:

Why does Sou care so much about Kanna, and only Kanna, though? He's spent the whole game putting his own survival first, so why sacrifice himself for someone that he recently met?
She's the only one who's consistently supported him and had faith in him.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Sou is a really great character, in my opinion. He's easy to hate because he's just so good at antagonising the main character, but his actions and motivation make a lot of sense.

Anyway, there's no way I can vote to kill a traumatised child, so vote Sou.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
All of the mysteries converge around Sou Hiyori.

The real Sou Hiyori.

Alice killed him, Shin took his name. Kai was able to recover his file. Even Q-Taro had a reaction to seeing his picture. He's involved in the Death Game, or was supposed to be. There's even a chance he was the guy who was "mean" to Kanna in her flashback. I'm sure he probably has some unrevealed links to other cast members too; he's in here thick as anything. And everyone completely forgot about him until they looked directly at his face.

Shin has the strongest link to him, other than perhaps Alice. If we're going to completely unravel all this, we're going to want Shin around. Even if he despises us. Hey, Safalin still has her machine, right? So as if defying Asu-Naro's predictions and numbers and their torture of Shin isn't reason enough to keep him, there's all that too.

So my vote will go to Kanna. Because it's perfectly in-keeping with this game that the choice that feels wrong is actually right.

I half don't believe all this is real anyway. If they can simulate death games ad nauseam, who's to say this isn't one? It would explain all the batshit technology around, like the dolls. And the surveillance despite nobody noticing any cameras. And why the exit is caved in; it literally doesn't exist (yet?). There's nothing behind it.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 13, 2020

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
While I do understand that, you gotta look at it from Sara's perspective, where she probably isn't even entertaining that line of thought and especially not right now. Even if everyone here is fake as gently caress, including her, it's all real enough for her. And even if they could all be brought back because they're all dolls or something like that, there's no guarantee that it's going to kick in this time.

Anyway, Sou is undoubtedly going to be some sort of vengeful rear end in a top hat, so I say vote for Sou.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Kanna - an angry Shin is one that can hopefully used to kick the teeth out of the bastards responsible rather than blaming the other victims or ourself

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
How foolish, publicly splitting your votes 3/3/2 and giving Sara all the power. That's why you pay attention when the rules about ties are explained.

Choice I want Sara to pick: Vote Nao. Get out. The game's going to continue; this choice guarantees two survivors. (And may even save Salafin's and Miley's lives.)

Moving forward, let's vote Sou/Shin. This is the first time Sara's vote is going to matter in this game. We need to make the most of it and eliminate our nemesis.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Goon Boots posted:

So what was the point of Gashu's transgression and why did he kill himself? Are candidates that important? Why does he care if he is also a captive?

We still don't know exactly what the purpose of this whole game is, though we have theories about choosing a successor to rule the underworld. We don't know what the survivor(s) will win in the end, but it seems important that one of the original sixteen candidates gets it; the other four were accidental tag-alongs that aren't part of the system and can't be allowed to win.
To that end, Gashu rigged a trade to give the Sacrifice to Nao, the last survivor of the tag-alongs, so that she doesn't survive this round and potentially mess up the final result.

The consequences of a floor master subverting the game rules like that are either a do-over of the round, or the floor master responsible must die. Gashu didn't want to waste this round, so he killed himself. We still don't know what he wanted out of all this, but apparently it was worth his own life.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

I'm not going to vote, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Keiji, OP. I couldn't quite get a grasp on him through 2-2.

Also agreed that Nao waiting until now to make the offer is magnificent. I suspect it's partially genuine, partially taking some of the burden of the choice off Sara (who has the option to save her where she couldn't save Joe), by acting selfish. She does the same by pushing the Reko-doll in that path.

Man, Nao deserved better.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So they've been running this game for ages using the AIs, So that makes me think pretty clearly that these are the actual people, because why would you run this over and over with AI only to then run it with Dolls or otherwise fakes? That said.

Gashu just mentioned another thing that implies memory is another big thing here.

With everyone having forgotten Sou Hiyori until seeing him, and Alice being his murderer, and all of them being frightened of him, along with the name of the organization being the name of Qtaro's orphanage.

There's a lot of things to break down and unpack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

differentiating
Mar 30, 2019

Gashu's clue makes me feel even more strongly that being a candidate is related to parentage - with both Kanna and Q-Taro being orphans, and Sara and Gin's fathers not being their biological fathers, we already have a good number of people whose background is set up for a big twist. Who knows how many of the others are in similar boats?