Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

drat, and a day after their big return album. Guess I'll just keep listening to Currents and END

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

XIII posted:

drat, and a day after their big return album. Guess I'll just keep listening to Currents and END

Yeah. It sucks. I believe people have the capacity to change, but this poo poo just sat 5 years because it somehow blew over. I'm not the person a slur was used against and the person the slur WAS used against is still pissed off and wanted it out there. It took being called out again to get it addressed by the individual and then the band. That's weak as gently caress.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Wamsutta posted:

The Ghost Inside

lyrics from the song Aftermath:

"This is where it ends - I will not stay silent ever again*"

*except about how my band member said the most racist word 5 years ago and I knew all along and while writing the lyrics for this song, and even after the murder of George Floyd (and others), and only until my black acquaintance calls me out... yeah now i won't be silent. pinky promise

lolol band sucks real bad

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

lmao

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Sick new Alpha Wolf song with even sicker visuals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ENMe1rlA0M

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
That super-cringe to anyone else? Is this that nu-metal-core that the kids are talking about these days?

Is it tongue in cheek and I'm too old to realize it? That dude looks like Kyle Mooney, so it could be a SNL skit I guess.

The production on the video is great though.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

xZAOx posted:

That super-cringe to anyone else?

you're not alone bc i think that poo poo sucks and i actually like varials, spite, and traitors depending on the day/hour

it sucks even more when you add the corny loving music video with bucket hat outfits and street fighter poo poo. i don't think these kids know what tongue-in-cheek even means haha they're straight up proud

and if they're not kawaii anime boiz they're midwest type "edgy" guys like the loving wet noodle in the ghost inside making faces like this >:( at the camera in his highly curated, limited edition streetwear 'fit and lifting one sweatshirt sleeve to show off his straight edge 25 cent machine watch lololol come ON

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
So who's had the better comeback: Ghost inside or As I Lay dying?

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Its not the bus driver speaking up, its the drummer from another band. And to top it offhe refused any apologies, and then doubled down when it came outhe has used anti gay hate speech on twitter. There are no winners here.

https://www.theprp.com/2020/06/07/news/bracewars-rashod-jackson-issues-new-statement-after-being-called-out-for-past-homophobic-slurs/

TGI album still rips.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Last two TAS tracks from the new record are out. 'Slow Decay' drops 7/24. Really happy with it, after being let down by Gravebloom this is exactly what I needed them to release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdY1QP3aOvE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL0eIaxqKxE

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
The new Justice for the Damned record goes hard as gently caress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BjljbyVWDw

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

take my complaining with a grain of salt bc i'm a dumb clown baby sucker who bought it all anyway

but i can NOT believe that TAS dropped a 12" with the entire album after dribbling out these 7"s every ~month. and the audacity to include two new songs that aren't on any of the 7" releases? i want to believe Rise Records had something to do with the structure but TAS obviously knew what they were doing and feels like a big gently caress you to anyone who wants to own their music and spend their money.

"oh you wanna support our decade+ old band? that's really sweet, how about you pay 4x the normal price of an album just because!"

i paid $126.55 total on all these records for a single release lol :saddowns:

just needed to get that out, sorry, thanks, gently caress.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Look on the bright side: If you feel the pangs of regret getting bigger, you can just sell the whole thing on reverb LP on a couple of years for a not insignificant amount, I'm sure.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

ShoogaSlim posted:

take my complaining with a grain of salt bc i'm a dumb clown baby sucker who bought it all anyway

but i can NOT believe that TAS dropped a 12" with the entire album after dribbling out these 7"s every ~month. and the audacity to include two new songs that aren't on any of the 7" releases? i want to believe Rise Records had something to do with the structure but TAS obviously knew what they were doing and feels like a big gently caress you to anyone who wants to own their music and spend their money.

"oh you wanna support our decade+ old band? that's really sweet, how about you pay 4x the normal price of an album just because!"

Lol did you really think they wouldn't do this?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

Pro: you supported a band you like during a really uncertain time
Con: you played yourself

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

XIII posted:

Absolutely this

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Sugarslim, did you hear Michael Lessard’s solo single? Hate to post it here since it’s definitely not -core but eh ban me I guess :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cIPH11qQsQ

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I maintain the belief that this thread is more like a group chat between the same 10ish people with similarly bad tasted in music than it is a thread where you can ONLY talk about -core music, so I guess ban me too

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

XIII posted:

I maintain the belief that this thread is more like a group chat between the same 10ish people with similarly bad tasted in music than it is a thread where you can ONLY talk about -core music, so I guess ban me too

:emptyquote:

Beelzebozo posted:

Sugarslim, did you hear Michael Lessard’s solo single? Hate to post it here since it’s definitely not -core but eh ban me I guess :shrug:

I dig it!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, we occasionally talk about BMTH, and they haven't released a proper metalcore since... what, "There Is A Hell...", maybe Sempiternal? Oli and co. can have all the Drop Bb riffs they want and occasional throwbacks, but they haven't been a -core band for the better part of a decade. According to my daughter, nowadays they're "a slightly less boring post-Diamond Eyes Deftones".

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Eight Is Legend posted:

The new Justice for the Damned record goes hard as gently caress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BjljbyVWDw

been jamming this this morning. it's good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoppB5bVfV0

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

kumba posted:

Yeah agreed I’m into this

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i have finished that one and moved onto the new Aversions Crown

verdict: also good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTR_QBBkyw4

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

XIII posted:

stoked to look back at an excess of TAS albums in my collection like 10 years from now and think both of those statements

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Lol did you really think they wouldn't do this?

no i def knew what i was getting myself into lol just wanted to bitch about it to people who would understand

Beelzebozo posted:

def had no idea this was happening but stoked you brought it to my attention. this song in particular didn't dazzle me but i can imagine a whole album of this having some really great tracks

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Bandcamp is donating 100% of their share to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund this Friday.

It'd be a great time to buy the new Protest the Hero album!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

kumba posted:

was going to dismiss this as another Thy Art is for an Autopsy clone until the homie from Kublai Khan came on and started barking at me to put more weight on the bench

but i'm not AT a bench

what do i do

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Beelzebozo posted:

Whoa this is super cool and good.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ShoogaSlim posted:

was going to dismiss this as another Thy Art is for an Autopsy clone until the homie from Kublai Khan came on and started barking at me to put more weight on the bench

but i'm not AT a bench

what do i do
Do that thing where people use parts of their house to do exercise. I don't remember the name.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I have journeyed to new parts of Forums Dot Something Awful Dot Com to discuss the new Protest the Hero record. Is this the right thread?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
this is probably the most appropriate thread for it, so you're in the right spot

i've heard one of the singles and enjoyed it, is the whole thing out yet? it's not on google music

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

wuggles posted:

I have journeyed to new parts of Forums Dot Something Awful Dot Com to discuss the new Protest the Hero record. Is this the right thread?

I'll definitely be talkin' about it once I listen to it tomorrow

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It's out tomorrow but I'm going to pirate it tomorrow and buy it on Friday steel myself and wait til Friday when Bandcamp is donating their cut to BLM.

Singles sound great, reminds me of Kezia more than anything else they've done (that's a good thing)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Kezia and Fortress are legit some of the best metal records I've heard, -core or not so yeah.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I preordered the deluxe vinyl and got my MP3s last night. I would rank it on the level or a little below Fortress, where my ranking is

Kezia
A Calculated Use of Sound
Fortress = Palimpsest
Volition
Scurrilous = Pacific Myth

Little Snakes and Fireplaces are standouts, with Fireplaces maybe being one of my favorite PrH tracks ever

e: spoiler’d in case someone wants to listen with absolutely no info

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I actually like Volition and Pacific Myth more than Fortress and Kezia, so this new one should be pretty interesting for me.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I actually like Volition and Pacific Myth more than Fortress and Kezia, so this new one should be pretty interesting for me.

Volition has my favorite song on it (Skies), but as a whole I prefer their concept pieces

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Scurrilous is my favorite but that's the first one of theirs I heard

I don't think I actually ever listened to Pacific Myth

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Scurrilous is my favorite as well. We exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Beelzebozo posted:

Scurrilous is my favorite as well. We exist.

It’s something totally different from the path Kezia/Fortress lay down. It was weird to hear Rody sing about...being a band.

Also, my least favorite PtH album is any other band’s best album