Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Is there an actual source or is this one of those internet rumors that circulate around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ChronoReverse posted:

Is there an actual source or is this one of those internet rumors that circulate around?

I think it was a tweet from early in the webcomic's life.

But if were still litigating how strong Saitama is (overwhelmingly) and why he is strong (because its funny) at this point then a surprising amount of people had the story just woosh right over their heads.

Like seeing a saitama punch coming your way and not seeing the kanji for death.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I kind of love the idea that Saitama just by chance happened upon the exact "cheat code" of life for becoming invincible. And that his genuine earnestness for being good, but overall apathy, let him not transform into a monster like most other people would.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

A fan redrew the table flip chapter which I thought was pretty cool. Not as easy to follow as the original tho

https://mangadex.org/chapter/722645

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Bucswabe posted:

I kind of love the idea that Saitama just by chance happened upon the exact "cheat code" of life for becoming invincible. And that his genuine earnestness for being good, but overall apathy, let him not transform into a monster like most other people would.

I always liked to think of it as saitama being kind of weak and cruddy and standard training was all it took to push him to the brink of death and the edge of his ability and break his limiter

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

I always liked to think of it as saitama being kind of weak and cruddy and standard training was all it took to push him to the brink of death and the edge of his ability and break his limiter

Yeah, but even before he started training he was strong enough to defeat the mighty Crablante, so he was basically Cloud Strife From the beginning.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, but even before he started training he was strong enough to defeat the mighty Crablante, so he was basically Cloud Strife From the beginning.

I feel like his defeat of Crablante was more a matter of bravery and cunning than strength.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

I feel like his defeat of Crablante was more a matter of bravery and cunning than strength.

It was still a Tiger-level threat and he still got the poo poo beat out of him while doing it. So in his base form he was already at Mumen Rider levels of durability.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The bottom line is that Crablante had a weakness a fairly athletic normal person could exploit, though. Saitama didn't need to be superhuman then, and he probably wasn't.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

It was still a Tiger-level threat and he still got the poo poo beat out of him while doing it. So in his base form he was already at Mumen Rider levels of durability.

Isn't Mumen Rider's level of durability about at "regular dude who cares a whole lot"?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Mr. Lobe posted:

The bottom line is that Crablante had a weakness a fairly athletic normal person could exploit, though. Saitama didn't need to be superhuman then, and he probably wasn't.

Saitama got sent flying through the air by claws that could shatter concrete and didn't immediately get his face pulped into a bloody mess. That's pretty loving superhuman.

Caidin posted:

Isn't Mumen Rider's level of durability about at "regular dude who cares a whole lot"?

Mumen survived getting his face repeatedly smashed into concrete hard enough to shatter the concrete. Do that with a regular human and you'll just have a gorey mess of shattered bone and brain matter.

Mumen's also strong enough to beat a monster who was explicitly bullet proof in an audio drama.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Mumen obviously gains strength when a crowd cheers for him with all their heart.

Just enough to have his skull shatter concrete.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

graham cracker posted:

Mumen obviously gains strength when a crowd cheers for him with all their heart.

Just enough to have his skull shatter concrete.

This made me laugh way too hard.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
you have to remember this is Anime World where a normal human is about 10x more durable than they would be irl

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Just got caught up with One's webcomic.

I'm waiting for what the next "big bad" is going to be after Garou, but the series seems to be following Season 1's formula in that it is serialized but no real over arching enemies.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think it’s pretty clear the new antagonist (of a sort) is the Neo Heroes organisation.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think it’s pretty clear the new antagonist (of a sort) is the Neo Heroes organisation.

They don't seem evil to me but yeah I see your point.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

Terror Sweat posted:

A fan redrew the table flip chapter which I thought was pretty cool. Not as easy to follow as the original tho

https://mangadex.org/chapter/722645

This is all charcoal?! Woah, it's good. Not bad, it's gooood.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

Just got caught up with One's webcomic.

I'm waiting for what the next "big bad" is going to be after Garou, but the series seems to be following Season 1's formula in that it is serialized but no real over arching enemies.

I'd be surprised if it weren't Blast.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Thematically him beating the number 1 hero to get into S class would make sense.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lol after all the S class ditch the HA saitama will get an offer.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Come get your punch (no translation yet)

http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=130

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I will never get tired of Saitama destroying bystanders understanding of reality just by punching monsters really hard.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Scanlation:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1021090/1

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

lmao

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

dude this made me cackle for like 5 minutes

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

saitama strutting around and showing off in front of his dumbass friends makes me so happy

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad Saitama is making friends.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm glad Saitama is making friends.

More like getting along with his coworkers for a change.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

The manga is getting interesting again. Still more boring than the first two arcs.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Hero Name Victims Association has gotta be the best thing to come out of OPM.

Also Tank Top Master ruled in this chapter

"Need to sacrifice my tank top to push my lung capacity to the max."

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dr Grumpy Pervert

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Meme Emulator posted:

Dr Grumpy Pervert

ExCUSE me, it's Majin Surgeon White Knight thank you very much.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

aww I wanted Suiko to get a better showing than that.
Especially after she shotgunned a fuckin four loko she should have won what the fuuuuck

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I love the idea of the Hero Name Victims Association running from town to town watching Saitama just absolutely crush dragon level threats.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

i flunked out posted:

I love the idea of the Hero Name Victims Association running from town to town watching Saitama just absolutely crush dragon level threats.

They're all gonna end up in the S Ranks by the end of this lol

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

aww I wanted Suiko to get a better showing than that.
Especially after she shotgunned a fuckin four loko she should have won what the fuuuuck

I mean even most S ranks have trouble soloing a Dragon, though she’s probably still not strong enough to be S-rank.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The hero name victims association is the most trustworthy name in hero work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.