Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

https://readjump.com/mangas/one-piece/982

Ch 982 up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ok it's pretty funny in Pirate Warriors 4 that the "Ace is now unlocked!" popup came right after the Ace's death cutscene.

Also I hate Chopper's voice so much.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I... feel bad for Kaido? He seems sad.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

KICK HIS rear end ULTI!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Chiffon princess carrying Bege to safety :allears:

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Cat Machine posted:

I... feel bad for Kaido? He seems sad.

He was probably hoping that after 20 years Momo would be more like Oden.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I think Kanjuro is in deep poo poo. Kaido seems to have a real aversion to hurting kids

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Yeah, Kaido not super impressed right there. Bit concerned for the two flying six, running into Luffy for anyone below a Yonkou top 3 is probably not a going to be a fun time.

I like how Luffy’s strong enough I’m now worried about the bad guys.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Kaido looks like a guy that’s reconnecting with an old friend at a big party, but the old friend starts talking about how beating your kids is A-OK and Kaido won’t do anything because he doesn’t wanna “make a scene.”

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
when did Momo shrink to the size of a hamster? Or did everyone just grow? The proportions of kanjuro and orochi seem exaggerated this chap.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Snazzy Frocks posted:

when did Momo shrink to the size of a hamster? Or did everyone just grow? The proportions of kanjuro and orochi seem exaggerated this chap.

They have grown dramatically, literally

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
It's weird to see Luffy as the one looming threateningly over someone else like the end of this chapter. Good composition.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

The shot of Orochi staring into his cup like it’s Oden’s pot is pure fuckin kino

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Denjiro got that neck though

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.

I wonder if that's actually momo, or if it's a drawing for some reason?

...Ehh, maybe not, he is illustrated learning that luffy is there.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Rest in Peace Nami Usopp and Chopper. On the other hand, maybe Nami will end up stealing the sun as well.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I guess this is where we find out how good of a cat burglar Nami really is.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Everyone in that scene is a giant. Even Kanjuro is 11’5”

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wachter posted:

I think Kanjuro is in deep poo poo. Kaido seems to have a real aversion to hurting kids

Oden was one of the few people who could seriously hurt and possibly beat Kaido, and Kaido got cheated out of it.
Hes pissed about that, and wanted momo to grow up and finish the job.

And gently caress I just realized that was Izou in the end of the last chapter.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 12, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So I fully believe the format for this arc and we haven't had the tragedy but I'd like those more in the know the speculate how they think things might go

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

So I fully believe the format for this arc and we haven't had the tragedy but I'd like those more in the know the speculate how they think things might go

I thought everyone missing and the boats being destroyed was the tragedy part.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The tragedy will be One Piece going on hiatus.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Jose posted:

I wasn't sure before but with the rising confidence levels (Kyoshiro nonchalantly taking care of a flying six member, cat viper arriving with izu & marco, Kinnemon's gang getting to move on while Big Mom chases Chopper & Usopp, Law's gang moving without issue) contrasting with battered momo being delivered to Orochi & Orochi's reaction I think the crucifixtion of Momo is going to mark the final tragedy, like put a little period after some ??? time of everything in the plan falling to pieces, truly & fully.

not that he'll die of it, of course. But just sort of the final symbol of everything gone to poo poo.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

please tag your spoilers when the official chapter isn't out yet

e: oh you fixed it, now this post is pointless

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

RatHat posted:

I thought everyone missing and the boats being destroyed was the tragedy part.

The community assumed that was the case, so strongly that it was touted as fact that missing the boats was the tragedy and act 3 would end after the flashback. Act 3 is still going strong though, and if there is a seminal tragedy that closes out the act we haven't hit it yet

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 13, 2020

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Electric Phantasm posted:

The tragedy will be One Piece going on hiatus.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If I were to hazard a guess, if we're still waiting for the tragic end of Act 3, it's

• Denjiro and Kin'emon's groups being captured/defeated
  • Momonosuke on a cross
  • Luffy, Zoro, Kidd, and Killer appearing to have been thrown/hit into the surrounding ocean
  • Prometheus telling Big Mom that he's taken care of Nami and saved Zeus
  • X Drake on the ground about to be killed by Queen
  • Kaido's party runs out of meat and sake

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

rannum posted:

I wasn't sure before but with the rising confidence levels (Kyoshiro nonchalantly taking care of a flying six member, cat viper arriving with izu & marco, Kinnemon's gang getting to move on while Big Mom chases Chopper & Usopp, Law's gang moving without issue) contrasting with battered momo being delivered to Orochi & Orochi's reaction I think the crucifixtion of Momo is going to mark the final tragedy, like put a little period after some ??? time of everything in the plan falling to pieces, truly & fully.

not that he'll die of it, of course. But just sort of the final symbol of everything gone to poo poo.

ya, if you notice, things moved really loving fast in this ch. you could have drawn out momo reaching kaido for instance. oda could have drawn things out for a few more chapters if he needed time to get everyone onto the island and in position. so there's something big coming before the allies are in position, and/or he's probably also moving towards a bigch 1000 .

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Lpzie posted:

ya, if you notice, things moved really loving fast in this ch. you could have drawn out momo reaching kaido for instance. oda could have drawn things out for a few more chapters if he needed time to get everyone onto the island and in position. so there's something big coming before the allies are in position, and/or he's probably also moving towards a bigch 1000 .

Yeah Momo being dropped off so soon surprised me. I figured Kanjuro would be wandering the island for longer and that Momo finding the knife would have played into something on-screen

maybe...end of 999: tragic end of act 3
chapter 1000: the act break around the world update from post-reverie that shakes up everything

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
My hot take is it's a three act play.

My hotter take is

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I was wrong, Chopper's voice isn't the worst. Rebecca's is. She sounds like a 5 year old. I hope this wasn't her voice for the anime too.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Rebecca is the worst character in the series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm gonna take her Re-back-a to the store Oda got her from

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Rebeccan't

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I dunno, Conis had more clothes but might as well have been a cardboard cutout they shuffled into shot occasionally.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
big tragedy would be Momo dying, but he's also revealed to be a D so he's like: my will will live on. i dunno, just throwing darts here.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Sub Harrison posted:

Rebecca is the worst character in the series.

I was gonna say this, but I thought maybe my dislike off her had grown in the years since dressrosa, but looks like the fire still burns.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Conis is really bland, but I can cut her some slack because a) she’s just a normal person who had the misfortune of running into the Straw Hats, but ultimately ended up taking more action than I expected her to, even if she was WAY out of her league; b) I feel like she’s supposed to be a play on the stereotypical serene Angel playing a harp while resting on a cloud, and that’s probably where a lot of the bland comes in; c) her VA in the Funimation dub is Laura Bailey, and it’s really funny to imagine Conis yelling Kainé’s rant from the Nier: Gestalt trailer. Like her just going off on Sanji or the Sky Marines at some point, it’s not like she wouldn’t have had a reason to.

Rebecca is just so goddamn crap. I rolled my eyes hard when they talked about her no-killing policy, but I could have accepted it if she could have contributed more to the final conflict to free her country. Boy I would LOVE to see the alternate reality version of the Diamanté fight where Rebecca uses her amazing defensive sword play to cover Kyros while he winds up for the finishing blow.

BUT I GUESS SHE HAS TO WILT INTO ANOTHER FRIGHTENED, HELPLESS PRINCESS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ya all rebecca had to do was be helpful. beyond giving luffy some meat of course.