Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

2 L O U - F A C T I O N S

--

The game colloquially known as Factions II has been cancelled. It's been a fun ride, ya'll. Keep the dream alive. :)

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/an_update_on_the_last_of_us_online

--

Welcome to the TLOU pt 1, 2LOU pt 2, & TLOU FACTIONS thread. Talk about the series here. The HBO original show debuted on Jan 15th, 2023 and concluded on Mar 12th. Info on Naughty Dog's TLOU-themed standalone multiplayer title (colloquially known as Factions II) is anticipated sometime during the year as well (edit; DELAYED! ; edit 2 CANCELLED!), perhaps near June 2023 (edit; DEVELOPMENT HELL!)...which would be the 10th anniversary of the celebrated original multiplayer mode. At the moment it's mostly been radio silence on the development side in the studio, ND has only really been talking about the PS5 remake of the first game otherwise known as "TLOU pt I" (also for PC March 28, 2023) and the upcoming 2LOU: Remastered for PS5.

This thread is a carry-over from the launch of 2LOU in 2020 and will host Factions II discussion as well as full game series and television chat. Stay tuned for new updates.

--

N E W S

:siren: :siren:

The Last of Us pt II: Remastered announced! , releases Jan 19, 2024 with a host of upgrades including a roguelike survival mode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3st9z6jQY

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/the_last_of_us_part_ii_remastered_announcement?sf183942367=1

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1725643846401560576?t=CyTizqt0GX5cmE8wT8WO6A&s=19

:siren:

The Last of Us pt I remake releases Sept 2, 2022 / PC release Mar 28, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Ebc_OFeug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRKIWQUucj0

--

if you haven't watched James Howell's youtube series exploring the design of the first game here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNoslgGRRhA

--

Endure + Survive

--

"What is Factions?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZAwLSgPNug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TN9YL_VgEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgZk7Ir4zSw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5WivVNlRNM

--

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Here to support this great thread. I cannot want to play The Last of Us, Too on my PS4.
The bigoted chuds over on r/TheLastOfUs2 having a total meltdown because the game is getting really great reviews gives me the strength I need to post in this thread.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Here's to Druckman. He's done it again!

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019
Excited to tee off this thread.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

heavy hangs the head of the druck man, nobody to help him complete a dumpster QTE

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Waiting patiently for 2LOU/BUGSNAX crossover DLC

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cheers everyone. I am pumped for this game.

:rip: factions. I pray that you resurrect someday, like video game multiplayer Jesus.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's called the Post ITT button !!!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also I did read one review that was spoiler free and I hate to break it to everyone, but they got rid of the pallet floating sections. I know this is devastating news.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I heard in this one you tie dead dogs into a raft and float it by their weeping owners to earn style points.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Narrator: Ellie never did learn to swim

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Narrator: Ellie never did learn to swim

Good. I'm replaying the first one, and I really hate it whenever they make me go underwater.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hope i can finish the first game once again before the 2nd drops through my letterbox. gonna be tough cos i got online classwork to get done before thursday or im outta the class and im trying to balance everything like a uni student who doesnt need sleep. :eyepop:

im up to the hunter stuff after the bill section and i had to drop from grounded to survivor because i forgot you have health bars and how to basically play the game. also forgot about the loving bloater and thought i was doing well up to that point, i only had 1 death til then and now i have 50.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
the revelation that the reason Ellie is immune to the fungus is that she’s actually a pre-apocalypse experimental robot called LE-9 was a bit much, but I enjoyed the brutal battle royale against the eight prototype LE units

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Thanks for the OP, it was informative and a pleasure to read. Can't wait for my physical edition to arrive on Friday.

That said, my disc of TLoU Remastered arrived yesterday so I'm actually going to replay the first game this weekend because I've only played it way back when I didn't even have a job not to mention a console, and played it on my brother's PS3 and never played the DLC either.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Just beat the first game and its DLC. I was able to do so only killing a few dogs.

Does a more detailed list of the graphic and intense story/cutscene content exist anywhere that can be used to mentally prepare? Not full-on spoilers, mind you, just generic "a man does [hosed up thing] to another man"-type of thing.

univbee fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 13, 2020

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

univbee posted:

Just beat the first game and its DLC. I was able to do so only killing a few dogs.

Does a more detailed list of the graphic and intense story/cutscene content exist anywhere that can be used to mentally prepare? Not full-on spoilers, mind you, just generic "a man does [hosed up thing] to another man"-type of thing.

I'm not exactly sure. I imagine that some goons will be giving loose heads-up type warnings in here as they progress through the game's scenarios, which is fine as long as they spoiler that poo poo.

WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I cant wait to never play this game

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Then get out of the thread! :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Okay bye :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

univbee posted:

I have watched everything that ND has officially released and have seen absolutely nothing that isn't totally in line with the first game. Maybe it hits home harder because the graphics are so much better now, but I am completely confused by the "gone too far" people.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

but I am completely confused by the "gone too far" people.

Lately I've been hearing from friends that it's the dogs thing

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I will admit It was a weird decision for them to make all of the dog enemies Corgis and Pomeranians

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

They are a studio with a reputation for dog discipline :hmmyes:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Lately I've been hearing from friends that it's the dogs thing

to be fair they are some very Naughty Dogs

I'm not going to have any time because I have a two-month-old but I'm hella excited for it to come out this Friday and to pretend I'll be able to play it

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I have watched everything that ND has officially released and have seen absolutely nothing that isn't totally in line with the first game. Maybe it hits home harder because the graphics are so much better now, but I am completely confused by the "gone too far" people.

fwiw I had a visceral reaction to the trailer with the woman being held down and her arms being smashed. It's not the type of thing I'd want in a cutscene just before going to bed, or at least have a better indication in advance that it's going to happen. If things are otherwise in-line with the first game then I don't have any real worry (I don't personally have an issue with the dog stuff, but I know my brother will likely never get to play this game because his girlfriend is the most animal-sensitive person I've ever met).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

veni veni veni posted:

I will admit It was a weird decision for them to make all of the dog enemies Corgis and Pomeranians

I’ve played Tokyo Jungle enough to know that you do not gently caress with a Pom.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dewgy posted:

I’ve played Tokyo Jungle enough to know that you do not gently caress with a Pom.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Dewgy posted:

I would 100% buy a Tokyo Jungle remake for the PS5, even though I was absolute garbage at it. it's got the Katamari Damacy vibe of being so bizarre as to be endlessly intriguing.

FalconImpala
Oct 21, 2018

Wow, a cow made of butter. My girls would love it. In fact, the first sentence Caroline ever said was "I like butter"
The Last of Us: Sudden Brainworm Event

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Here to support this great thread. I cannot want to play The Last of Us, Too on my PS4.
The bigoted chuds over on r/TheLastOfUs2 having a total meltdown because the game is getting really great reviews gives me the strength I need to post in this thread.

Why is this game giving chuds an aneurysm?

I hate Joel because of the implied horrors he committed in the first game.

Wulf
May 8, 2008
This is probably gonna be good enough, but what I am really waiting for is the even grittier reboot to the series in 15 years or so.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Protons posted:

Why is this game giving chuds an aneurysm?

I hate Joel because of the implied horrors he committed in the first game.

Probably because the player character is gay and a woman, but with them anything is possible.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

univbee posted:

the player character is gay and a woman

Bingo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also she is buff they don't like that either.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ellie's character development might be one of my favorite things in all of videogames.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

Also she is buff they don't like that either.

Actually that's a different problem. There are two women in the game :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Actually that's a different problem. There are two women in the game :stonk:

Oh, the one from that first full trailer that's rumored to be Ellie's mom?

Yeah, but Ellie's pretty jacked, too imo