Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Butt Discussin posted:

That happened to me when I first started the game. My xbox live message settings were set to “friends only” from years ago. When I set them to “anyone”, in game messaging started working.

loving poo poo no wonder I felt so lonely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Butt Discussin posted:

That happened to me when I first started the game. My xbox live message settings were set to “friends only” from years ago. When I set them to “anyone”, in game messaging started working.

Yeah that's what it was, thanks!

Also, does anyone know what that musical transition means when all the melody of the music in the level cuts out and it does this one percussive loop that's matched to the BPM instead? It's the same loop and it plays in any level of the game. I'd think it would mean something like low HP or party member dead or something but sometimes it plays when everything seems fine.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah that's what it was, thanks!

Also, does anyone know what that musical transition means when all the melody of the music in the level cuts out and it does this one percussive loop that's matched to the BPM instead? It's the same loop and it plays in any level of the game. I'd think it would mean something like low HP or party member dead or something but sometimes it plays when everything seems fine.

Yeah that's definitely the 'danger' track but it has (and always has) a habit of playing a few bars for no reason, I tend to notice it most on zone transitions.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Okay, I have a very brief, dumb question that I still feel I have to ask because it feels SO terrible.

Can I really only get a Color-Change Ticket on the NA server by spending AC? All I wanna do is change the colors of my CAST's highlights to be a bit more standout, I can ONLY spend real money to get that?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Cleretic posted:

Okay, I have a very brief, dumb question that I still feel I have to ask because it feels SO terrible.

Can I really only get a Color-Change Ticket on the NA server by spending AC? All I wanna do is change the colors of my CAST's highlights to be a bit more standout, I can ONLY spend real money to get that?

You can buy AC scratch items off of the player shop (including recycle badges, which are stackable) to trade in for them. There's also one in the mission pass every season, iirc.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Cleretic posted:

i got two of them off the last mission pass (they're in the gold tier, you can buy that in the SG shop)

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I want to make sure I'm understanding mags correctly. I want to play Etoile when it comes to NA, and I have a fighter now with a melee mag. That will be fine for Etoile right?

Also what episodes did the various successor classes get added in? It was weirdly hard for me to Google. The PSO Facebook put this up yesterday

A friend of mine wants to play the Hero class so I was trying to figure out when that will be added. Etoile it looked like was episode 6?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Humerus posted:

I want to make sure I'm understanding mags correctly. I want to play Etoile when it comes to NA, and I have a fighter now with a melee mag. That will be fine for Etoile right?

Also what episodes did the various successor classes get added in? It was weirdly hard for me to Google. The PSO Facebook put this up yesterday

A friend of mine wants to play the Hero class so I was trying to figure out when that will be added. Etoile it looked like was episode 6?

Etoile converts any attack stat on a mag into all attack stats, so the only mag that doesn't work for them is a dex mag (or a defense mag, but that doesn't work for any class).

Hero was EP5, Phantom was EP6, and Etoile was about halfway through EP6. So we probably won't get Et until some time early next year.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
You're gonna need to get two classes up to max level to use the successor classes too, you won't be able to just drop in on e5 and play hero first thing.

I'm really looking forward to e5, It's basically all new to me, and I'm still spotty on some e4 stuff as well. It's convenient that they're starting the content drip more or less around the same time I checked out on JP :v:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Saagonsa posted:

You can buy AC scratch items off of the player shop (including recycle badges, which are stackable) to trade in for them. There's also one in the mission pass every season, iirc.

The mission pass isn't the most doable thing either, since I actually can't buy AC to convert into star gems, but it's eventually attainable at least. And it gives me time to find a weapon to match my highlights to.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Slam through the story and regularly check your title rewards and you'll have 200SG before you know it

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Axel Serenity posted:

For me, I'm much less worried about undercutting by the minimum in this game just because listing and item and setting the price is such a pain. I'll usually round to whatever has me clicking the fewest of those stupid arrows

Personal Shop Pro Tip: If you are in the check prices menu and you click on a price, it will set your current price to that one. EZ Prices™

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

GaylordButts posted:

Personal Shop Pro Tip: If you are in the check prices menu and you click on a price, it will set your current price to that one. EZ Prices™

Well, that's good to know! I've got so many PA discs to sell and it was becoming a pain setting all the prices.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Cleretic posted:

The mission pass isn't the most doable thing either, since I actually can't buy AC to convert into star gems, but it's eventually attainable at least. And it gives me time to find a weapon to match my highlights to.

SG is easily attainable by the secret technique known as clothes laundering. Simply buy a cheap bodypart/outerwear/outfit from the player shops that still has the SG icon on it, wear it for about 22 hours, remove the SG and then resell the outfit if you have a shop pass or just burn it if you don't and can't spare the storage space to resell it when you do have a pass. With two alts this gets you an easy 30 SG per day without too much effort involved.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Infinity Gaia posted:

SG is easily attainable by the secret technique known as clothes laundering. Simply buy a cheap bodypart/outerwear/outfit from the player shops that still has the SG icon on it, wear it for about 22 hours, remove the SG and then resell the outfit if you have a shop pass or just burn it if you don't and can't spare the storage space to resell it when you do have a pass. With two alts this gets you an easy 30 SG per day without too much effort involved.

This is how I plan to keep my material storage going. The lowest price for SG clothes seems to be a little over 100k (closer to 105k). That's about 3.15 million meseta for the storage which sounds like a lot, but you get 1 million meseta per week from the weekly ARKS mission alone on top of all the dailies.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

GaylordButts posted:

holy poo poo :aaaaa:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Axel Serenity posted:

holy poo poo :aaaaa:

Take it a step further and flick the last digit down by one and you can reverse price-is-right everyone on the ship :shepface:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

How come all the groups I join for amplified quests are at +50 but if I start I'm only at +8? It seems like i can raise it, but i'll have to pay a whole bunch of capsules.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Hyper Inferno posted:

This is how I plan to keep my material storage going. The lowest price for SG clothes seems to be a little over 100k (closer to 105k). That's about 3.15 million meseta for the storage which sounds like a lot, but you get 1 million meseta per week from the weekly ARKS mission alone on top of all the dailies.

keep in mind you can also mulch the outfits afterwards for recycle badges for easy reselling, since those things pretty much always sell. you won't get all of your money back unless you snipe things below going market rate but it's something.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

nyttyn posted:

keep in mind you can also mulch the outfits afterwards for recycle badges for easy reselling, since those things pretty much always sell. you won't get all of your money back unless you snipe things below going market rate but it's something.
Oh, that's a good tip. Saves massively on inventory space while still letting you sell them later if you don't have a shop pass at the moment.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

How come all the groups I join for amplified quests are at +50 but if I start I'm only at +8? It seems like i can raise it, but i'll have to pay a whole bunch of capsules.

I believe that is exactly the case, yes. Also when you complete it, it should raise your level by +1. So really, you can pay to take the shortcut or do it the long way.

I figured out my Magatsu problem. I was trying to do it on hardcore. Out of frustration I bumped it down to casual to see if it was different and I destroyed that rear end in a top hat in about 30 seconds. I wasn't aware the difficulty bump was that big.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Frush posted:

I believe that is exactly the case, yes. Also when you complete it, it should raise your level by +1. So really, you can pay to take the shortcut or do it the long way.

I figured out my Magatsu problem. I was trying to do it on hardcore. Out of frustration I bumped it down to casual to see if it was different and I destroyed that rear end in a top hat in about 30 seconds. I wasn't aware the difficulty bump was that big.
hardcore has level scaling

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

do you even get anything for doing story quests hardcore? I've been looking and it doesn't seem like it.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Zereth posted:

do you even get anything for doing story quests hardcore? I've been looking and it doesn't seem like it.

If you S-Rank the story missions on hardcore difficulty, you get titles that have a SG reward attached to them.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a list of all the music currently available on NA version? https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/ doesn't list anything and it's very hard to search for music discs (all I can do is pick Misc and 3-star only items to somewhat narrow it down).

Got my personal quarters playing Live and Learn with the sweet guitar solos.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008
Levelling Hunter since it was my subclass previously. Is there any good guide in the vein of what somethingaboutlagging is for Rangers? I watched a few videos, but they just described the skills and abilities without actually saying which ones are decent or how to actually play the class.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Steady Shot rules, Positron Cannon rules, Satellite Cannon rules, Spread Shot rules, the mobility skills are good for moving around. Positron Cannon and Satellite Cannon are your go-to "super big hits" abilities, and spreadshot is good for quick-big-hits. Steady Shot can be JA'd and is basically a heavily upgraded basic attack, good for just firing somewhat randomly.

Launcher just plain rules and everything it does is pretty much on the same level of kill-a-bility, the abilities are basically just "pick which ones fit your playstyle". Rocket Rodeo is #1 best skill forever.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008
Oh I meant for the Hunter. I've maxed out ranger, and yeah, most of that stuff rules. Also don't forget Cosmo breaker for your launcher. It's pretty much insanity in the right circumstances.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Zero VGS posted:

Is there a list of all the music currently available on NA version? https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/ doesn't list anything and it's very hard to search for music discs (all I can do is pick Misc and 3-star only items to somewhat narrow it down).

Got my personal quarters playing Live and Learn with the sweet guitar solos.

Not in one convenient spot, but you can go to the pso2 site and dig through posts to look for the FUN scratch posts. The discs are listed at the bottom. There are some music discs that are acquired by trading ragol memories from the ragol fashion pack ($30) too but they cannot be sold/purchased on the market.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Frush posted:

Oh I meant for the Hunter. I've maxed out ranger, and yeah, most of that stuff rules. Also don't forget Cosmo breaker for your launcher. It's pretty much insanity in the right circumstances.

There's a ring that makes your wired lance skills work without grabbing enemies that seems like it'd be cool.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Zereth posted:

20 star gems per quest cleared with an Srank on Hardcore, specifically. It's a pretty good source

Alternative answer: fun and epeen

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Frush posted:

Levelling Hunter since it was my subclass previously. Is there any good guide in the vein of what somethingaboutlagging is for Rangers? I watched a few videos, but they just described the skills and abilities without actually saying which ones are decent or how to actually play the class.

Here's a nice Sword Hunter guide. The Photon Arts section has a pretty detailed explanation of every Sword photon art and the mechanics section will teach you some tricks Hunters have besides run up and hit the enemy.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

20 star gems per quest cleared with an Srank on Hardcore, specifically. It's a pretty good source

Alternative answer: fun and epeen

I figured I'd grab the gems while I went, so I never had to go back. So yeah, mostly epeen.

Hypocrisy posted:

Here's a nice Sword Hunter guide. The Photon Arts section has a pretty detailed explanation of every Sword photon art and the mechanics section will teach you some tricks Hunters have besides run up and hit the enemy.

Thank you. For a game that's been out since 2012 there is a surprising lack of comprehensive sources on some subjects.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

Grind and Equip the 12★ units the Title girl gives you for reaching level 75
Is this not in NA? I hit 75 on Fighter and got the class boost for the title, but there wasn't anything else.

To that ennd, what should I do for gear at 75? I have what I think is a decent-ish weapon "Deo Felinaught +30" - Twinsaber with 778 power, but I imagine my units are a bit lacking (still using sub/weapon barriers)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Nox weapons are better than those Deo things I think?

Frush
Jun 26, 2008
Yes, they're 12 star and have the added 'benefit' of requiring DEX so they can be easier to equip pending your subclass levels and such. They're kind of transitional though, and you'll want to figure out the 13 star stuff to buy/grind.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Deo are 10 star and nox are 12 star, I think

If you're not picky about what you're getting beyond "a 12 star" you can probably get one off the player market, Nox assault rifles are about 230kish on the low end

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oxyclean posted:

Is this not in NA? I hit 75 on Fighter and got the class boost for the title, but there wasn't anything else.

To that ennd, what should I do for gear at 75? I have what I think is a decent-ish weapon "Deo Felinaught +30" - Twinsaber with 778 power, but I imagine my units are a bit lacking (still using sub/weapon barriers)

A summoner guide I'm reading says that you need two classes at 75 to get Stella Walls. I don't have two classes at 75 so I cannot confirm but I'm guessing these are the units you're talking about.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Frush posted:

Yes, they're 12 star and have the added 'benefit' of requiring DEX so they can be easier to equip pending your subclass levels and such. They're kind of transitional though, and you'll want to figure out the 13 star stuff to buy/grind.
Okay yeah, nox is gonna be an upgrade I just need to grind it a bit. But I think you're mixing up the DEX req with the weapons that trade for "Unique Weapon Badge" rather then the "Rising Weapon Badge" which is for Nox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Oxyclean posted:

Okay yeah, nox is gonna be an upgrade I just need to grind it a bit. But I think you're mixing up the DEX req with the weapons that trade for "Unique Weapon Badge" rather then the "Rising Weapon Badge" which is for Nox?
Don't forget to grab a couple extra Nox Whatevers to up the element as soon as you can afford to