Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Distant Wife Jamie

ah it's happened again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://twitter.com/TheMattCardona/status/1271871581761998859?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Downstait are poo poo from a butt

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Downstait being the official AEW band is a helluva lot better that Nick and Matt's Dad's band.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

But is it better than SERGE in tna

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

coconono posted:

Downstait being the official AEW band is a helluva lot better that Nick and Matt's Dad's band.

This.

Seeing The Elite come out to the BTE theme is just embarrassing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Plus Cody picking that really superficial song as his entrance theme is way more on brand than picking a deep or meaningful song. They likes Tom Brady and Enterprise for fucks sake.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Gotta find some sports book to take my “Matt Cardona challenges Cody for the AEW TV title on the July 22 Dynamite” prop bet.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wrestling has to be what's keeping every rap rock band in business.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Since Robbie E and entrance music is mentioned, does anybody know or remember the very first theme he had. I remember it had something to do with Fistbumping. I think he only used it briefly when the gimmick debuted since i saw it in a fan cam that shoved the entrance with.. Cookie (was it his vallets name?)

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
wouldn't that make three Downstait themes in AEW? That is three too many

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

alwayz ready

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

coconono posted:

Plus Cody picking that really superficial song as his entrance theme is way more on brand than picking a deep or meaningful song. They likes Tom Brady and Enterprise for fucks sake.

Have you read the lyrics?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Downstait at one point did a cover of Ryder's "Oh Radio" theme that was never used on the show, so it's not much of a surprise he's working with them again.

coconono posted:

I'm surprised we have yet to see anyone in AEW use the PWG Band for their entrance music. You know, the band that did multiple versions of the same song for the PWG previews, like "Static in the attic, oh no!", "Whoah give me shelter!" and "Hangman from the moon". I'm sure they could come up with some new lyrics for their one song to fit someone's character in AEW.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre all different songs

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
As long as they’re confined to the studio and never ever play live again I can tolerate downstait

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/SonnyKissXO/status/1271886802887081984

I cropped it down to avatar size.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:eyepop:

I want them to run riot on the mid card tag division

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

ozymandius1024 posted:

Seeing The Elite come out to the BTE theme is just embarrassing.
i haven't been paying that close attention, but don't they have that weedly weedly SUPERKICK PAR-TAAAY song that they use on aew?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sleepwalkers posted:

i haven't been paying that close attention, but don't they have that weedly weedly SUPERKICK PAR-TAAAY song that they use on aew?

thats the Young Bucks theme

when the Elite come out as a unit, like they did at Stadium Stampede, it's the full version of the BTE theme which also contains the refrain superkick party

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I stand by the opinion that 99% of all wrestling themes are objectively bad and thus I find anyone coming out to themes that seem ironically bad ala HBK's classic Sherri theme to actually be kind of charming. I think that's how I take the Elite/Bucks' theme. This is also - I think - the core of Sammy singing Jericho's theme.

The cooler you try and make a wrestling theme the sadder it becomes, because it will still be about a fake wrestler saying how awesome he is. I call this "The HHH/Motorhead Conundrum."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Emi Sakura's AEW song is still the worst theme I've ever heard in my life.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Emi Sakura theme was comically bad

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince MechMahon posted:

Have you read the lyrics?

Wooing
Derping
Yellllllling

Repeat 3x

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Emi Sakura's AEW song is still the worst theme I've ever heard in my life.
a poorly trained AI making its first music

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Too many WWE cast offs in AEW no more. Tony use your money to get NJPW guys or something Zach Ryder has always sucked, terrible finisher, dated and lame gimmick there's no upside there.

Every wrestling theme either needs to be a dark wave synth like jake the snake or glorious guitar heroics like the four horsemen theme, the two greatest wrestling themes ever.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Every wrestling theme either needs to be a dark wave synth like jake the snake

:hmmyes:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Too many WWE cast offs in AEW no more. Tony use your money to get NJPW guys or something Zach Ryder has always sucked, terrible finisher, dated and lame gimmick there's no upside there.

Every wrestling theme either needs to be a dark wave synth like jake the snake or glorious guitar heroics like the four horsemen theme, the two greatest wrestling themes ever.

i agree with you but i assume all the evps have the "that one friend" clause, which the bucks used on cutler and cody will use on ryder, they gave jericho one and he used it on japanese deathmatch legend luther, and kenny is holding onto his because kota was his only other friend but he will never leave njpw and he shouldnt

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

i agree with you but i assume all the evps have the "that one friend" clause, which the bucks used on cutler and cody will use on ryder, they gave jericho one and he used it on japanese deathmatch legend luther, and kenny is holding onto his because kota was his only other friend but he will never leave njpw and he shouldnt

If all these geek hires give us Kota Vs Kenny with full creative freedom at an AEW PPV then it will have been worth it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
why does jericho get hager and luther

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

Zach Ryder has always sucked, terrible finisher, dated and lame gimmick there's no upside there.

That time he won the IC title at Mania was awesome though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

flatluigi posted:

Because he's the most famous guy in the company by a very wide margin

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I thought Dr Luther was a Kenny guy, too

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Make Zach Ryder blade

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

flatluigi posted:

hager was jim ross

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
AEW missed the boat on getting Jane for OC, they are forever dead to me

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Because he's the most famous guy in the company by a very wide margin

Orange Cassidy is doing his best to shrink that gap.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Um maybe Jericho gets Luther because Luther is a Japanese deathmatch legend?!?!?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

coconono posted:

Make Zach Ryder blade

They already have a Blade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Here's the thing..

We don't know if Zack Ryder sucks or not because we've always seen him through the WWE filter. The WWE roster is probably full of amazing talent that will never get to show a tenth of what they have to offer because of the terrible way that company is run. If he shows up in AEW and is just as bad then we can complain but until any of these wrestlers are given the freedom to actually do their job we should probably not say they have no upside.

He may turn out to be another Damien Sandow but without a chance we'll never know.