Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Sou/Shin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Kanna because I think sou is more interesting.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Kanna, because I don't want to respond to Sou finally being honest with us by killing him.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Sou, he's only cooperating now because it's his absolute last resort and he has no other way to increase his chances. If there was another way that involved stabbing everyone in the back, he'd be doing that instead.
The moment they move on to the next stage and he isn't cornered and has more options, he'll go back to trying to murder everyone

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
Sou for reasons already much better explained by other goons.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Sou

Because really, a traumatized kid is not someone who can actually consent to being murdered, and I'm pretty sure Sou's freak out here isn't faking.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

differentiating posted:

Gashu's clue makes me feel even more strongly that being a candidate is related to parentage - with both Kanna and Q-Taro being orphans, and Sara and Gin's fathers not being their biological fathers, we already have a good number of people whose background is set up for a big twist. Who knows how many of the others are in similar boats?

There's already been talk about this whole thing being a plan to recreate the Hades Incident, I'm starting to think that all the candidates were shaped from birth to play their parts in this.

Also, Sou.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sou

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

differentiating posted:

Gashu's clue makes me feel even more strongly that being a candidate is related to parentage - with both Kanna and Q-Taro being orphans, and Sara and Gin's fathers not being their biological fathers, we already have a good number of people whose background is set up for a big twist. Who knows how many of the others are in similar boats?

So it seems this is shaping up to be a kind of Boys from Brazil scenario.

Rocketwitch
Sep 2, 2011

Sou
For various reasons already stated.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I really get the urge to want to spare Sou. Even though I hated his guts too, by now I wanna give a big ol middle finger to that zero percent chance and help him live, dammit!

But ugh, if we actually go through with it and choose to kill Kanna... he'll never forgive us, and then who knows what the gently caress he'll do. Even if we say "gently caress it, let him do his worst" and try to take it on the chin, who says he'll still beat the odds to survive to the end anyway? He'll probably just get himself killed a different way, like becoming even more awful and inspiring everyone else to kill him next round instead.

Clearly the only way to make sure Sou lives to spite the odds is to promise that sacrifice vote to Nao only if she swears on her life that she'll pick Sou to win with her right now :v:

But yeah, that's not an option, so ##vote Sou :redhammer:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Sou. gently caress that guy.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Sou. Kanna's still a child and Sou's still an rear end in a top hat.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Kanna

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Going to close the vote; as promised in the last update, I'll show all outcomes of the vote, but we'll be moving ahead with voting for Shin. I'm aiming to update (vote for Nao) tomorrow.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

differentiating posted:

If they were all half-siblings and this was for the inheritance it would be extremely messed up, particularly for the collateral damage. Somehow I doubt there's a way out for Nao regardless of the ending

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Why would Sara have such a high chance of victory? If she wasn't player-controlled, I would bet more on Keiji (and Reko) because they seem to be a better mix of cutthroat and friendly.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

wologar posted:

Why would Sara have such a high chance of victory? If she wasn't player-controlled, I would bet more on Keiji (and Reko) because they seem to be a better mix of cutthroat and friendly.

Sara's dad is involved in some way. It could be that this is literally all set up by all of their parents (the orphanage in Q-Taro's case) who are members of Asu-Naro "competing" by proxy through their children. So maybe she's just been taught better?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

wologar posted:

Sara is both extremely charismatic and extremely good at puzzle-solving. The latter means that she can solve anything outside of the main game, the former means the rest are unlikely to vote for her in said main game. It's a dangerous combination of factors that makes her extremely good for this.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Keep in mind that one of the other people with a high rank of victory, the boxer, never made it out of his First Trial (Hit the button before the walls crush you)

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
Also that the trials were run with their AIs, which as we saw with Reko, didn't have the same mix present-day Reko did.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I assume that Sou Hiyori is how Shin presented himself as, a manipulator, one who laughed and mocked and revelled in the pain he caused, and every attempt at seeming nice was another attempt to stab in the knife. Which must've meant that Sou was a motherfucker and Alice was right to kill him.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

wologar posted:

Keiji has so far done his damnedest to protect Sara come hell or high water (arranged for Sara to receive the Keymaster as part of the first tablet trade, supported Sara when she first started having hallucinations, etc). I'm guessing that during the AI tests Keiji's first priority was keeping Sara safe, only moving onto his own survival after Sara is killed. Whatever the case, it seems like Keiji knows more about Sara than he's letting on and whatever he knows ties into why he's highly interested in Sara's safety.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

"No way!! Big sis Sara?! You betrayed us, meow?!”

"Ha... haha... Can't be serious... You wouldn't...”

"Is that your answer?! Sara Chidouin...!!”

"This is... reality, Keiji.”

"The strong will tell you... Don't be afraid, trust me... And in the end, they'll betray you!!”

"..........”

I'm sorry... everyone. I'm so sorry... I've gotten tired... I don't want to die... I just want to go home... I don't want... to play this Death Game anymore...

So... Goodbye...

There's no salvation.

Everyone's struggling and anguished screams... I didn't listen to them. There's... no way I could."

Music stops.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Jeez Nao, she saved your life, she didn't propose!

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
drat. That's dark.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

placid saviour posted:

drat. That's dark.

NO poo poo

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

...yup, that sure was a bad ending.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Meh, just use the memory eraser machine again and it'll be all better :downs:

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.

Falconer posted:

...yup, that sure was a bad ending.

But unlike the others, it wasn't a Game Over. It's the first actual proper, numbered ending.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Keiji just looks utterly shattered. While it's clear he's protecting Sara and doesn't want her to die, clearly it's not at the expense of everyone else.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Onmi posted:

Keiji just looks utterly shattered. While it's clear he's protecting Sara and doesn't want her to die, clearly it's not at the expense of everyone else.

Q-Taro is a wreck too what with the look of resignation along with the black bags under his eyes... and then there's the look on Gin's face after what he saw Sara do. Sara just voted for the death of everyone except for herself and Nao scant moments after assuring Gin that it would be OK for him to vote for Kanna. :smith:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I'm kind of sad you can't choose that option in a "You won't dare kill them all." line. And then get... wrecked.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"And they lived happily ever after. The end."

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Suo's response here lends some backbone to my theory that Suo/Shin is an abuse victim.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

placid saviour posted:

drat. That's dark.
When YTTD decides it's done loving around, it's really done loving around.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm glad Sara got to survive and got a girlfriend. Happy ending!

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Yeah, I won't judge this ending yet. It might actually be a better outcome than continuing the game.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Nao only won because we're in the Dead Reka timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!

Tenebrais posted:

Jeez Nao, she saved your life, she didn't propose!

Honestly, killing half a dozen other people just to save one person's life seems like a far deeper commitment than the average marriage proposal.