Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

I'm "corrections"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Missing a line for food delivery drivers, a shameful flag.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

wal lives matter?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

the black stripes are all the ghost of dale earnhardt

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1271861932446777344?s=21

lmao

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm sure grand wizard motorsports will put up a respectable finish.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Fun finish to race one of the day.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Croc posted:

Fun finish to race one of the day.

I missed the end of the race due to iracing, but that slingshot gragson pulled was amazing.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
There were several awesome slide jobs, etc especially when the front few guys stayed out and tires were on the hurry behind them.

Very fun race on a track I never expect to be as good as it is. I've got such a bias against intermediates.

They were showing the 1995 Phoenix race before UFC, it's hard to remember TV looked THAT MUCH DIFFERENT just ~20 years ago. It's no wonder my grandparents are always so confused. The whole world must feel like magic to them by now.

mischief fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 14, 2020

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/DustinAlbino/status/1271953073712304129

lol

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Being a massive chud douche actually increased interest in his poo poo racing career.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1271963390936846336

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Well that's one way to get down to pit road speed.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I'm pretty sure the hood on the pacing mustang is higher than the trucks, and it legitimately looks visibly larger. What the hell.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I'd forgive NASCAR for everything if they put Spencer Hall in charge of the sport.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Here's a question

Does Gibbs deserve any credit for Bubba and Suarez in the diversity program or was he merely picking the best available drivers and doing slick marketing on it

Like he probably didn't give Suarez his fullest opportunity, but Suarez's ceiling realistically may not be much higher

The fact that they're both still around is in part a legacy of his efforts

I do not think there is a wrong answer here so I want to see who has different takes

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

The thing that makes me saddest about Spencer leaving Vox is now I'm never going to get my NASCAR Shutdown Fullcast.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm pretty sure the hood on the pacing mustang is higher than the trucks, and it legitimately looks visibly larger. What the hell.

The factory tire on the current crop of muscle cars is around 29" tall, so, you're not crazy.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Elitist Bitch posted:

The thing that makes me saddest about Spencer leaving Vox is now I'm never going to get my NASCAR Shutdown Fullcast.

I'm so sad we don't have the Shutdown Fullcast around period. Hoping Bomani has him on to talk college football sooner than later.

I shouldn't be so surprised that somebody ran a Cop Car but here we are.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Does anyone have a guesstimate on if this race if going? If not watching a movie.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

looks like drivers are back to cars now but it may be a stop start race.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Lmao 4 laps?!

I thought I had plenty of time to get outside between races and the end of the xfinity race took an hour

But when the lightning alert came through I said gently caress it

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
This Skype camerawork is going to make me miss Mikey infield interviews.

Find someone's dog or something, gently caress. This is terrible.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

My wife will go to the short track with me, but she's not a NASCAR fan. However, after the events of the past week, she's a Bubba Wallace fan. After Bubba's interview in the weather delay, I texted her a gif and 43. She responded "I love you too", thinking I meant 143.

I've got a keeper.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

If you're new to NASCARTM, we have a CyTube channel for old racing which, while used most often in the offseason, also is a time-killer during rain delays.

Rain Lightning Delay Theater coming to you now from Miami with the 1988 IMSA Camel Grand Prix: https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
drivers are crotch strapping up.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

This is the worst race so far and it’s not even close.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Ungratek posted:

NASCAR with some major race issues

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ungratek posted:

Disagree, there have been actual passes for the lead.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I guess it was an okay race in that drivers of more than one manufacturer were competitive but
it was really like, a 2, arguably 3 horse race

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Proud Christian Mom posted:

NASCAR with some major race issues

:hmmyes:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
All Star Race moved to Bristol.

That could be... good...?

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

mischief posted:

Another good, smart move by NASCAR. 2020 sure is weird.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The fact that NASCAR has taken advantage of Bizarro World to experiment with things they might want to do isn't surprising and is smart on their part, but the fact that most everything they've done hasn't sucked yet and has actually been good is stunning.

I am down as hell with The Winston being at Bristol.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Heat races at Charlotte never made sense anyway. Invert the field and make 'em run Bristol backwards for the second heat and Bristol is BACK BABY.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Road America is hinting they've got a Cup date for 2021.

mischief posted:

Heat races at Charlotte never made sense anyway. Invert the field and make 'em run Bristol backwards for the second heat and Bristol is BACK BABY.

That said, I'd be willing to bet the heat races were more fun than the All-Star Race itself half the time. Last year's open, in particular, was insane.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Yeah well Bristol is notoriously difficult to find accommodations near, or get in or out of, while Charlotte always made sense as an industry event

Now you got no fans, what the heck

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

mischief posted:

it will be better than charlotte but that's a low bar to clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I just have to say, what a fantastic face turn and sequence of events in the world of NASCAR in the last few wee---

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1272653111065284615

...damnit.

fake edit- Bahahaha just as I go to find that tweet again:

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1272678531667947520

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUJaD9voCzE