Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012
Any of the other characters, I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Holy poo poo I just plowed through this today and it's so awesome. The hilarious faces are one thing, but the motion lines used for fight panels are so eye pleasing.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It's elegant and not much unfortunately

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Short and sweet, definitely don't mind seeing more of Henderson

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Elegantea.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
The reason this chapter was so short is because otherwise the levels of elegance would be too much for the average person.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

InspectorCarbonara posted:

The reason this chapter was so short is because otherwise the levels of elegance would be too much for the average person.

:hmmyes:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So here's some news: https://comicbook.com/anime/news/spy-x-family-anime-report/

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If they made an on-off OVA series to air by 2021 that could work.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Based on those weird random twitter posts from Yonkouproductions from a while ago.

Serious grain of salt here. Though I don't doubt that there will be an anime eventually.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

It's interesting that Henderson seems to have some actual theories about history. In fact, his insistence on "ideas" and deliberate human action as the central factor for historical developments sounds a bit like Historism.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Really great to see an announcement I’m getting a new chapter for my birthday :toot:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Yeah they can't make the Anime this manga deserves with the glacial pace that his manga has as long as it's going.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

There is nowhere near enough material for an anime. The only one will work is of they strech it out and I worry about it's quality if that happens.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's barely enough for an audio drama.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Henderson is... actually a really good history teacher and historian??

I suppose I shouldn't be shocked since he does work at the mega prestigious school but I kinda wrote him off for his elegance gimmick.

Kinda cool to see his proficient side :kimchi:

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Rote Memorization is NOT ELEGANT AND CLEVER!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Hang in there, Henderson :unsmith:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006972

Poor stupid George...

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mulderman posted:

Poor stupid George...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/_tatsuyaendo_/status/1272186624017698816?s=20

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

i saw that coming, laughed pretty hard anyway :xd:

Glad Anya was there with the "there there" at the end. What a good kid.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Daybreak punchline was magnificent.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh, kids and their wild imaginations. :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

a kitten posted:

Glad Anya was there with the "there there" at the end. What a good kid.

She is, isn't she :allears: Honestly, I don't think George is in any way at fault here; dude deserves his shoulder pats.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anya just giving George a leaf she found on the ground :lol:

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
lol of course a kid's allowance could only afford a guy like Daybreak

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

This chapter was cute and charming. It reminds me of Rugrats, where the babies’ uninformed view of the world shapes the tension. But this also teaches us how the East’s children think of the West, which is fairly grim.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Anya just giving George a leaf she found on the ground :lol:

Oh god i missed that
🍃

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I love how by the end of the chapter Anya is just done with this whole situation.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug
Much like Delicious in Dungeon, this manga is full of little side details I always miss on the first read.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Anya's comforting pat at the end killed me.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

theGrooseofLegend posted:

lol of course a kid's allowance could only afford a guy like Daybreak

Daybreak tailors his services to his paycheck. Don't sleep on my man, he'll prove his worth down the line

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh wow, this month has been so weird that i totally forgot volume 1 is out in both kindle and dead tree versions

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

It's always ciol when kids in manga actually act like kids. The kids at Eden are all nice, even if Damian and his goons can be brats sometimes. :3:

And that just makes the ending so much funnier.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

a kitten posted:

Oh wow, this month has been so weird that i totally forgot volume 1 is out in both kindle and dead tree versions

:toot: I also totally forgot due to how crazy everything is rn, so thanks for the reminder! Gonna pick up a copy now

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012
I know it's not exactly the focus of the comic, but undercutting the ersatz GDR thing by having all this capitalism is kinda funny.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
In a twist, it will turn out that Westalis is the communist country. :v:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I think it’s “what if perestroika had worked” GDR. The soviet union had private enterprise by the end, just not private property. As in companies would lease their factories from the state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Myok posted:

Much like Delicious in Dungeon, this manga is full of little side details I always miss on the first read.

Like my man with the honest to god Kid n' Play haircut on the right lol