Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Mei is singing Judas for the squats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

:judas:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

It's Saturday my Judas.

Edit: "The New Muscle Legend" Lulu Pencil lmao.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 14, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This is a loud match

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The audio clipping out made all of those spots that much funnier.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1272016276303630336

Amazing. Emi is striking the iron while it's hot:

https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1272026664659070979

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 14, 2020

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Kick out Hager and put Mei in the Inner Circle. Do not change her gimmick or character in any way.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Mei’s gonna leave and make Wrestling Mom cry again :(

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

She should just go on excursion. Her and TJPW talent on an AEW show would be amazing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

aew really needs to put effort into incorporating these backgrounds into their own stuff. For their own good

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Obviously I want Emi to be able to do anything she wants, and one of the things I'd love to see her do is to bring a Gatoh Move faction to AEW. Have backstage segments where they warm up before matches, have Akki come along as their special ref, give everyone the chance to see why they're so special.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It would be amazing if GTMV/Choco was even referenced or shown on AEW TV or AEW Dark to signal boost it

"Hey, one of our wrestlers runs a promotion in Japan that is responsible for two of our three women's world champions and has spirit and heart"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Neodoomium posted:

It would be amazing if GTMV/Choco was even referenced or shown on AEW TV or AEW Dark to signal boost it

"Hey, one of our wrestlers runs a promotion in Japan that is responsible for two of our three women's world champions and has spirit and heart"
I feel like part of this is only happening because of the COVID issues. ChocoPro kind of rose up because nobody were running wrestling shows, and AEW wasn't able to bring in much outside talent. When things get back to normal I absolute believe that Gatoh Move/ChocoPro are going to get massive pops when they debut in AEW.

AEW fans are the type who just watch all kinds of wrestling. When Big Swole debuted in a rumble match, people were popping huge for her and I'd never seen or heard about her before. Emi & Mei vs Ford and Baker would be a ton of fun to see on Dark and you KNOW Excalibur would put them over.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I'd like to see Mei and Yuka as a "chaotic good" tag team attraction since they obviously can't be around full-time

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

My dream would be for a maki itoh and chris brookes vs mei and akki intergender tag feud, but alas, no maki or chris or akki or mei

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Catching up on Choco Pro. Akki throwing Mei at Lulupencil, entirely missing, and Mei looking at him like "what the gently caress was that?" was awesome.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/Mei_gtmv/status/1272173939767119873

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The Watch Party has resulted in a new team: The Calamari Drunken King and Queen of Chris Brookes and Mitsuru (or the Beer Bros)

now there is petitioning going on to have CDKQ v. Best Bros

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Imagine the pop from Orange Cassidy and Lulu Pencil just being in the same room.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Lulu tapping out to her own neck bridge while having Best Bros in a double indian death lock is the spot of the year

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Neodoomium posted:

Lulu tapping out to her own neck bridge while having Best Bros in a double indian death lock is the spot of the year

especially as Emi had to lift her out of it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I saw the Watch Along version of it, and Akki explained "Lulupencil actually forgot how to give up and kept waving her fingers no instead of tapping out until someone told her to just scream "I give up"

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

She's the best.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I hope Yoneyama has had so much fun that she becomes a "regular" because she is REALLY fantastic.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

She's one half of the tag champions!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I forgot to include the "in chocopro" part of my post because I am an idiot

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I love everything about her character tbh.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

I forgot to include the "in chocopro" part of my post because I am an idiot

I feel like she'll be a regular for a while like Minoru Fujita was in season one. If you love Yoneyama, I recommend checking out her own promotion YMZ if you have the money. It's got a similar vibe to GTMV except it's in a ring in what I believe is a converted house. They've got a pretty decent back catalogue translated into English and there's a bunch of great workrate matches with Hikaru Shida/Isama Kodaka/Asuka/Syuri/Hikaru Sato in amongst all the comdedy.

Gatoh Move have said they're not going back to shows with an audience for a while. I wonder how much they're making from all their alternative revenue streams. Other than the New Year show where they oversold tickets to foreigners they cap attendance at 68 which works out to ¥170,000 which is nowhere near what a normal promotion would take in but still more than they're getting in YouTube chats. They do have sponsors on their wall now though. (also it's kind of an open secret they get help from DDT and now I guess openly from AEW based on the logo being on the sponsor wall)

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jun 19, 2020

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Gatoh Move have said they're not going back to shows with an audience for a while. I wonder how much they're making from all their alternative revenue streams. Other than the New Year show where they oversold tickets to foreigners they cap attendance at 68 which works out to ¥170,000 which is nowhere near what a normal promotion would take in but still more than they're getting in YouTube chats. They do have sponsors on their wall now though. (also it's kind of an open secret they get help from DDT and now I guess openly from AEW based on the logo being on the sponsor wall)

The Patreon earnings are hidden, but with 68 subs they're getting a little under $200 if everyone's at the lowest $3 tier (I'm at $8, there's the $25 one and the sponsor spot $500). They're also running the Youtube subscriber thingy with multiple tiers and a few Japanese based apps afaik. It's cool that DDT helps them out, I had no idea.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I feel like she'll be a regular for a while like Minoru Fujita was in season one. If you love Yoneyama, I recommend checking out her own promotion YMZ if you have the money. It's got a similar vibe to GTMV except it's in a ring in what I believe is a converted house. They've got a pretty decent back catalogue translated into English and there's a bunch of great workrate matches with Hikaru Shida/Isama Kodaka/Asuka/Syuri/Hikaru Sato in amongst all the comdedy.

Reminder that the patreon: https://www.patreon.com/chocoprolive is currently sitting at 68 patrons.

Why not oversell Chocolate Square and be the 69th?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

J-Ro posted:

The Patreon earnings are hidden, but with 68 subs they're getting a little under $200 if everyone's at the lowest $3 tier (I'm at $8, there's the $25 one and the sponsor spot $500). They're also running the Youtube subscriber thingy with multiple tiers and a few Japanese based apps afaik. It's cool that DDT helps them out, I had no idea.

Takagi helps out quite a few smaller promotions. It's his way of paying it forward from when Misawa did it for DDT I guess.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Emi and Akki have said in the Watch Parties that they are still pretty thin on money even with all of the different ways to support them. Evidently Youtube takes a huge cut from that business.

I give them 8 dollars a month on Patreon but it might make more sense to just paypal them.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Last time I checked YouTube takes 30% of every subscription to Patreon's 5% (and PayPal's 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction), so I guess a recurring PayPal charge could be the best deal.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

fez_machine posted:

Reminder that the patreon: https://www.patreon.com/chocoprolive is currently sitting at 68 patrons.

Why not oversell Chocolate Square and be the 69th?

i should give them something for watching them so I will be The Fated Number

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Lulu/Yoneyama was fantastic!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1274712241422520321?s=19

Yasu Urano is so good in gtmv, glad to see him doing ChocoPro

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Kaori with some upgrades.

https://twitter.com/kaori_yoneyama/status/1274940197625401345

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

If you want to buy sick chocopro merch but not give your money to the Pro Wrestling Tees guys, Emi set up a store that is partnered with Buyee to ship it around the world:

https://gtmv.booth.pm/

I got the Mint Choco shirt!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/lulupencil_gtmv/status/1276793186069798917

What a babyface promo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Are we sure that's not a heel turn? Sounds to me like she's trying to steal Mei's best bro