Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

when i stopped drinking a liter of mountain dew a day and switched to lacroix fizzy water i almost instantly became FULLY FUNCTIONAL again. Take care of yourself and your dick will work correctly

i cured my persistent acid reflux symptoms by giving up soda and sparkling water entirely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

How does one drink a litre of soda a day :stonk:
*inhales a crate of milk*

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cold on a Cob posted:

i cured my persistent acid reflux symptoms by giving up soda and sparkling water entirely

i fixed my recurring nighttime heartburn by not eating food after four in the afternoon :thumbsup:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i don't drink much soda but a liter is not that much by soda junkie standards, it's not even three cans of soda

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Trig Discipline posted:

i don't drink much soda but a liter is not that much by soda junkie standards, it's not even three cans of soda

yup. that poo poo can get away from you *fast* without realizing it. of course nutritional education in this country is total garbage so most people don't realize just a single can a day is already pushing it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Someone from South America once posted on these forums, years ago, about how Americans eat too much "celebration foods" and he was spot on.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
being away from the drinks fridge in the office has got me back to maybe a can of coke a week, much easier to manage when you can control what comes into the house. unfortunately I’m also walking a lot less.

Apr 7, 2003

I've not drank non-sugar free cola for a long-rear end time, and lately I just have a water bottle I carry around with me that I fill up.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I drink a diet dr pepper most days. except when they run out, then i do not do that

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

being away from the drinks fridge in the office has got me back to maybe a can of coke a week, much easier to manage when you can control what comes into the house. unfortunately I’m also walking a lot less.

a year ago i cut back to one can or less of soda a week. i don’t really feel any different tbh

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

in the past week or so I've started having reflux for like a solid hour after drinking anything carbonated. at first I thought maybe it was my heart but then I realized I've been doing five miles of brisk walking a day

I gotta find something with caffeine that isn't carbonated or highly acidic

Apr 7, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

in the past week or so I've started having reflux for like a solid hour after drinking anything carbonated. at first I thought maybe it was my heart but then I realized I've been doing five miles of brisk walking a day

RIP

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Kazinsal posted:

caffeine pills. i sometimes take a bottle with me on the road

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kazinsal posted:

those 5-hour energy shots?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Kazinsal posted:

green tea

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

3D Megadoodoo posted:

How does one drink a litre of soda a day :stonk:
*inhales a crate of milk*

see this?

i used to drink one at midnight when i got off work and a second one at about 3:30 AM.

I almost _died_ and I certainly have persisting cardio problems because of that habit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I've not drank non-sugar free cola for a long-rear end time, and lately I just have a water bottle I carry around with me that I fill up.

i bought two regular cans of coke last week for whiskey mixers and just finished the second can, ten days later. absolute loving syrup

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

FMguru posted:

those 5-hour energy shots?

i thought that was just a bunch of b vitamins

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i thought that was just a bunch of b vitamins
the 2 oz costco brand "extra strength energy shot" has b-vitamins, niacin, folic acid, amino acids...and 190mg of caffeine

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Trig Discipline posted:

it's also... exactly one litre

which makes it also exactly three cans of soda, as soda cans are 1/3 l, unkless you live in hell world.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MAD CROC OR NOTHING

(nothing)

e: just remembered the kid in the Euro Shopper Energy Drink picture (if you GIS "es pärisee" you'll know which one) became a rapper and then died.

also "ES and CS" is a fun saying even though I don't drink ES or play CS

matti
Mar 31, 2019

thanks 4 dick tips every1 xoxo

Apr 7, 2003

Zen and the art of dick maintenance

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

it's also... exactly one litre

which makes it also exactly three cans of soda, as soda cans are 1/3 l, unkless you live in hell world.

i was dumbing it down for our american friends

anyway for some reason i thought soda cans were 375ml, but apparently they're 330

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i have a lot of trouble texting good, even using my iPhone 7+ (PRODUCT)RED. is there a big keyboard for old people? like a large pring tv guide?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

i have a lot of trouble texting good, even using my iPhone 7+ (PRODUCT)RED. is there a big keyboard for old people? like a large pring tv guide?

Just plug in a USB keyboard.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

its speech to text and everyones parents think youre going to love it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i would and do easily drink 5 x 475mL cans of redbull on the daily but its sugar free so its fine

and then hydrate my parched body with between 6 and 12 beers in the evening

sometimes i have a diet coke

cant wait for watuary 2021 for a brief stint at detox

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i drink 1 sugar free red bull daily, that's plenty

i drink half in the morning and half in the afternoon

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i drink water, sometimes i zazz it up with some lime juice or a few drops of bitters

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

I'm glad I gave up scooting under desks doing IT poo poo in my 20s. My poor knees won't take it anymore.

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i drink water, sometimes i zazz it up with some lime juice or a few drops of bitters

goddamn lush

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i flavor my water with coffee

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jaded Burnout posted:

goddamn lush
zazz shaming itt

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

gently caress I just found out (several years late) that gandalf parker died

pouring one out for my usenet homie. I remember I had a shell on one of his machines back in the day and it got owned and he thought that I did it. I didn't, and convinced him of that, and he actually, like, apologized and it was no big deal. it sounds dumb now but at that point in my life somebody believing me and apologizing for not trusting me meant a lot. he was a good guy

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Trig Discipline posted:

i was dumbing it down for our american friends

anyway for some reason i thought soda cans were 375ml, but apparently they're 330

for confusing historical reasons certain beverage packaging sizes in america are mandatory metric by law

soda cans are 330 ml because beer cans are required to be 330 ml by law -- they were originally 12 oz. see also: 750 ml wine and whiskey bottles are mandatory. they used to be 1/5th gallon

at the same time... most beverages are sold by fl oz. even other alcoholic beverages. a 40 oz beer is exactly 40 oz. a 12 oz beer has a rounding error, because it is 330 ml

thanks, ttb, i guess

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
in the 1970s the united states pretended it was on the road to metric, literally. as a boy I can remember dual american/metric system road signs

i don't think i have seen one in at least twenty years

the weird mixed american/metric packaging standards for alcoholic beverages are rooted in that 1970s optimism, but unlike the road signs, after the beverage industries standardized on some metric sizes, there was no interest whatsoever in either switching back (abandoning metric) or finishing the switch (abandoning american customary)

so now america has a wild mixture of metric and customary measures in beverage packaging.... and pretty much no other goods .

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

imperial units are formally defined against, and therefore dependent upon, metric units

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

for confusing historical reasons certain beverage packaging sizes in america are mandatory metric by law

soda cans are 330 ml because beer cans are required to be 330 ml by law -- they were originally 12 oz.
Holding a soda can right now that says 12 fluid oz (355 ml) on it

I don't think they can round up 7% like that

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

after the beverage industries standardized on some metric sizes, there was no interest whatsoever in either switching back (abandoning metric) or finishing the switch (abandoning american customary)

It's called a "flounce" for a reason.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

in the 1970s the united states pretended it was on the road to metric, literally. as a boy I can remember dual american/metric system road signs

i don't think i have seen one in at least twenty years
they still use them in areas that have a lot of regular canadian tourist traffic. likewise you can find them in some parts of canada with heavy american tourist traffic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

they still use them in areas that have a lot of regular canadian tourist traffic. likewise you can find them in some parts of canada with heavy american tourist traffic

i was gonna make a joke about figuring out why shaggar hates metric so much but then I realized that nonone actually goes to maine except forrest gump