Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

:dogcited: This game rules and Director's Cut is out now! With a whole new island to explore and new co-op content![/b]:dogcited:

Ghost of Tsushima is the new game developed by Sucker Punch, an in-house Sony studio best known for the Infamous series of open world superhero games (they also did sly cooper), and comes out in NA on July 17th.

GoT is an open world action stealth game set during the Mongol invasion of the Japanese Island of Tsushima in the 13th century (spoiler:things don't go well for the Japanese). Players take on the role of Jin Sakai, one of the few remaining Samurai on Tsushima, as he works to avenge the brutal invasion of his homeland and in the process transitions from an honorable Samurai into a sneaky, brutal killer stalking the shadows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbq7BnsQhrw

The game has so far drawn many comparisons to the Assassin's Creed series, probably justifiable given its status as an open world stealth/ action game with traversal and an historical setting. Sucker Punch definitely seems to be putting their own spin on the genre though, and have said that playing the game as a samurai and ignoring most of the stealth mechanics is perfectly viable if players want to choose that path. As the game progresses and Jin becomes more ninja-like, his skills with the sword will be augmented by things like kunai, smoke bombs, and the like, as well as a grappling hook enabling Tenchu- like ninja moves (gently caress yea!!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur0pQblaZcE
this video showcases both sword and stealth combat, exploration, and some customization features

Sucker Punch seems to have a very strong vision for this game, including things like a black-and-white filter for those who want a playable Kurosawa movie, and using natural elements like the wind and animals to serve as player navigation aids instead of having UI features for the same.

Developer Q&A posted:

Are there different types of weapons apart from a sword, like axes and spears?

Jason Connell: Jin’s katana is a family heirloom and will be with him from the beginning to the end. As a lethal samurai, this is his main weapon in fighting against the invaders. The Sakai blade is something that will grow with Jin throughout his journey.

As Jin grows into becoming this feared samurai warrior known as the Ghost, so too will some of his abilities and tactics. Learn to use a bow for picking off enemies at a distance or use throwable kunai and smoke-bombs at close proximity. We won’t share all of these abilities before launch, we’d like to have something for players to discover.

In the gif Jin’s playing a flute so I automatically assume that’s something you can do while you’re on your travels right?

Nate Fox: You can play the flute whenever you like, it’s the perfect way to create a serene moment and take in the view.

At what point did you guys come up with the wind as a guiding mechanic? It’s really unique, and gorgeous, but I’m sure it didn’t come easily.

Jason: Fortunately for us, one of the earliest Art Direction goals was to incorporate wind and a sense of movement in everything possible. It both had historical connections as well as film reference overlap. A couple years into production, the game started to look stunning and we wanted to create a way to keep people in the world. Since we had achieved those early art goals and the wind was visually striking, we decided to see if it could actually point you to a new location. It totally worked!

We’ve refined it a bunch since then and expanded on it as an exploration tool to not only bring you to your next tracked location or objective, but also to help you find hidden collectibles if desired.

Does choosing to fight like a Samurai or like a Ghost/Ninja have consequences? Was thinking it might be like the Good/Evil karma system?

Nate: There is no karma system. There’s one story we’re telling here, one journey for Jin.

As for the player making a choice, we want to be clear that there isn’t a binary choice for the player, it’s more about the player having freedom to play through any encounter in the style they prefer and wearing whichever armor they prefer, mixing and matching pieces of different armor sets. Your actions also aren’t limited by your armor – for example, you may have seen that the “Standoff” prompt appeared even in the Ghost section. You can still use tools like Smoke Bombs even if you’re wearing samurai armor. As we showed in the State of Play, that one scenario with the Shipyard played out very differently based on how the player approached the situation.

Jin begins as a samurai, strong in sword combat. As he develops more ways of fighting he comes to be known as the Ghost, but he never loses his skills with his sword. This is a story of Jin growing to become a new kind of warrior, who uses every weapon he has to save his home. No matter what your preferred means of attack, be it swords or stealth, the legend of the Ghost will grow.

Will there be a day/night cycle and dynamic weather?

Jason: Yes to both. There are dynamic weather conditions that you will experience throughout your adventures in Tsushima. Some of them are tied to specific regions to give more flavor and personality to them, while others are tied to story moments. Along with weather, we also have a full day and night cycle.

Is there a difficulty slider for those of us that want more challenging experiences? If so, are enemies more aggressive at higher difficulty levels or do they simply have larger health bars?

Nate: The game does feature three levels of difficulty — Easy, Normal, and Hard. On HARD, the game is fair, but very challenging. Mongols are more aggressive, and players must be precise to pull off extraordinary moves. By comparison, EASY is for players who want to explore the island, enjoy the story and still be occasionally tested by a worthy opponent.

No matter which difficulty players choose we never increase the health of enemies; this is to maintain the lethality of the katana. Our combat is all about the player’s skill.

Will enemies be more aggressive in the final game compared to what has been shown?

Nate: Some have watched the State of Play footage and concluded that Ghost of Tsushima is an easy game, which isn’t the case. Combat is designed to be lethal both ways, not just for the player versus enemies. Jin’s foes can definitely take him out quickly, too.

The gameplay we showed was captured by one of the test leads on Ghost, and he’s very skilled with the katana. Plus, Jin had some abilities unlocked that he doesn’t begin the game with. We wanted to show what combat can look like when the player has mastered the controls and abilities — when Jin is at his best. We think most will find the combat satisfyingly challenging.

Fantastic gameplay, however could you perhaps look at changing the physics of an arrow headshot? The backwards force was a tad unrealistic and over the top, otherwise an excellent demonstration!

Nate: This is something we’ve seen a lot of users comment on. You may have noticed that Jin uses two different bows in our demo – the Halfbow in the Samurai portion, and the Longbow in the Ghost portion. The Longbow packs a much heavier punch, and has the power to knock enemies back as you saw in State of Play.

Are there villages or towns? Side missions? Content besides the main story?

Nate: Jin’s transformation from Samurai into the Ghost is the main story of the game, but while on that journey he’ll run into a number of other characters with stories of their own. If players choose, they can dive deep into these side stories, forging a tighter bond with other brave people fighting to save their home. Not only do these stories provide a greater perspective on the invasion, but they offer some of the best rewards in the game.

While traveling, Jin will come upon a number of towns which are full of vendors and the opportunity to find more side stories.

Will it feature different endings based on the fighting style the players use more often (Samurai or Ghost)?

Nate: The game tells the human story about Jin’s sacrifice to become the Ghost. Players can choose to primarily fight with a sword, bow or stealth; either way Jin becomes a legend to the people of Tsushima, and a terror to the Mongol Invaders.

How long is the game?
Nate: Always a hard/impossible question to answer for an open world game… Players should expect a scope that’s markedly larger than our previous work for certain… If you’re the type who’ll occasionally get distracted by something in the distance, or nearby commotion, you’re going to find a world you can get lost in and spend dozens of hours within. There are also players who really only want to focus on the main story, and they can certainly play and enjoy the game a ton, though they’ll get to the end of the story a bit faster.

Let’s put it another way: Most of our play testers would spend a full week on Ghost and not finish the storyline. We know everyone wants a number, but we’re confident to say that if you want a satisfying story in a big, content-rich world with lots to do and see and lots of characters to get to know, you’ll find what you’re looking for in Ghost of Tsushima.

What happens when you hit L2 + R2? What are the circles in the life bar?

Nate: The “circles” are Jin’s Resolve, which he uses to heal or to perform his most intense attacks. Players will have to make the tough tactical choice between healing or landing a crucial strike.

Can you swim to those boats in the water?

Nate: Jin gets around Tsushima on his trusty horse and his own two legs, he can’t swim out to boats and start sailing on them.

Can you chop people’s heads off or cut them in half?

Nate: Players won’t be able to target specific body parts, Jin’s goal is just to dispatch his enemies as quickly as possible with whatever means available. Our motto for Ghost’s combat is “Mud, Blood and Steel”; it’s gritty, visceral, and above all lethal. It doesn’t take many slashes with katana to kill an enemy, just like it doesn’t take many hits from a Mongol’s sword to kill Jin. It’s a challenging environment to stay alive in — use every weapon you have.

Are side quests unique and offer essential rewards?

Jason: Ghost of Tsushima is a story driven open world game. An anthology of stories surrounds Jin’s main story in the form of side tales. Some of these are brief and some wrap Jin up in interesting characters, giving players an opportunity to learn more about his island and his new friends.

We want to reward players for exploring the open world of Tsushima, So, all content outside of the main story offers a variety of rewards. It could be collectibles, resources, or charms like we’ve shown in our State of Play video. There are even a few side missions that offer sets of armor as a reward.

Will the swords have stats/abilities?

Jason: Jin’s Katana is incredibly important to him. It’s also his main weapon of choice from beginning to the end of the game. There are ways to improve this weapon, both the stats and the appearance.

Will we be able to dual-wield both swords at the same time while attacking?

Nate: No, Jin was trained to fight with a single sword in a traditional style. But when Mongols invade he often finds himself radically outnumbered; to even the odds he begins to use thrown weapons in the middle of a fight, mixing ranged and close quarters attacks with deadly results.

Will we have the same horse throughout the game, or will there be different horses?

Jason: Jin’s partner in this journey is his horse. Early in the game, there is an opportunity to choose the horse you want to go on this adventure with.

Do the armor sets consist of different pieces? Meaning can we mix and match different pieces for head gear, torso etc., or is it all just one set you can equip on Jin?

Jason: Yes. In the State of Play video we showed interchanging different helmets and body elements of the armor.

TL;DR IMPORTANT FEATURES:
--You get to choose a horsie near the start of the game who will be your mount and pal throughout. This horsie is INVINCIBLE and cannot die.

--You can jam out on your flute at any time.

--The Mongols will become frightened of you (the ghost) as the game progresses, which seems to affect gameplay to an extent.

--There is a fully fleshed out photo mode.

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Aug 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Photo Mode Fun/ Useful Tips
This game is v pretty and has one of the best photo modes we've seen to date

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Avynte posted:

these dudes all got a death wish

CJacobs posted:

My first photo mode shot. Sunset in this game looks really cool.

Shard posted:

dog nougat posted:

This game is real pretty. Having a lot of fun w/ photo mode.

dog nougat posted:

Playing my Shakuhachi for my horse.

USEFUL TIPS:

-When doing standoffs, watch the feet/legs of your opponent. They will try to fake you out with upper body movements, but afaik will not actually take a step until they are really attacking

-you can double dip on Leaders by both observing them for a stance point and then killing them for another point (thanks Muscles Like This!!)
-Also since it took me forever to realize what they meant by observing: you have to sneak and get close to the camp leader at which point you’ll get a hold R2 prompt to observe. (Thanks Happy Noodle Boy!)

-You can change the output type to PNG in your PS4 share settings for higher image quality (thanks Exquisite Tea!)

-Do the Arrow Peak shrine and get the charm of Inari, it gives extra supplies and materials when you pick them up (thanks History Comes Inside!!)

- if you call your horse while with companion, they'll also call their horse and ride instead of having to travel to the destination on foot (Thanks Romes128!)

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 19, 2020

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm so fired up for this. Photo mode looks rad. I preordered the moneyed idiot version because I had a $50 credit on PSN :)

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Really keen for this, but a little wary at the claims that "no you can totally play as an honorable samurai, really!"
What I'd like is for you to be able to play as a samurai with your techniques for upfront combat being added to/reinforced over time. Based on dev comments in the OP and that State of Play video, what I suspect will actually be the case is that you play as a samurai by just ignoring or not using the whole host of ninja techniques, tools and weaponry that the game is going to outfit you with and sticking to basic combat.

I get that the game is totally about Jin evolving from a samurai into a deadly ninja, striking fear into the hearts of his enemies and using all techniques available to fight off a superior force, and that's fine/cool, but then why keep bringing up being a samurai if it isn't going to be a playstyle that's actually supported by the game?

Hoping someone does a hands-on in the coming weeks that can explain in a little more detail what we can expect out of the techniques/armor system.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mode 7 posted:

Hoping someone does a hands-on in the coming weeks that can explain in a little more detail what we can expect out of the techniques/armor system.

I read a thing where the devs were saying you can continue to fight using just the samurai skills and being bold, but you're going to make your life more difficult than a player that is using all the sneaky tools.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

JBP posted:

I read a thing where the devs were saying you can continue to fight using just the samurai skills and being bold, but you're going to make your life more difficult than a player that is using all the sneaky tools.

That sounds bad. That type of response hints that there is a very linear progression path in the game.

"You could keep playing as regular samurai, but it will be harder" is not the same as saying "There are actual two viable paths that are separate and equal and given the same attention throughout the game". Continuing to fight as a samurai after you have ghost powers sounds more akin to just purposefully not using the new abilities you've been given rather than being able to choose new late game warrior abilities.

I'm actually in the mood for an open world game and I want to get hype for this, but my gut just tells me I'll probably be better off grabbing AC origins or odyssey, which I've never played. I'll hold out until reviews though.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I plan on checking out this game if the reviews and let’s plays are good. We’ll see.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

day one purchase

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1261301718240935944

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Megasabin posted:

That sounds bad. That type of response hints that there is a very linear progression path in the game.

"You could keep playing as regular samurai, but it will be harder" is not the same as saying "There are actual two viable paths that are separate and equal and given the same attention throughout the game". Continuing to fight as a samurai after you have ghost powers sounds more akin to just purposefully not using the new abilities you've been given rather than being able to choose new late game warrior abilities.

I'm actually in the mood for an open world game and I want to get hype for this, but my gut just tells me I'll probably be better off grabbing AC origins or odyssey, which I've never played. I'll hold out until reviews though.

They've been extremely up front saying you evolve into a ninja as the game goes on. Like you're explicitly going to grow the character into stealth and subterfuge.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

They have....sort of - it feels like the marketing in the videos and Nate's responses in the interview in the OP make it pretty clear they're trying to have it both ways because they keep highlighting the samurai component not as fundamentals that you grow out from but as it's own legitimate playstyle, and if that isn't actually supported mechanically in game at all that's lovely. I'd like them to just be up front and go "nah, it's a stealth game and you're going to be a ninja."

It's the same problem games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Dishonored have where they go "play any way you want" but there's a massive footnote under that reading "but if you're not playing it as a stealth game, you'll be penalized".

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm going to play mainly doing samurai things, but I'm sure a composite of your bombs, ranged and fighting skills will ultimately be the most powerful way to play.

Personally I'll be putting it on hard mode and using the challenge button to fight everyone honourably.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I really do like the idea of the challenge mechanic. Usually in fighty/stealth hybrids like this, stealth has an advantage over open fighting for a pretty simple reason: While stealthed, you can (usually) instantly kill enemies no trouble, and your only fail state is just entering open combat anyhow. So going for combat right away pretty much just means passing on the opportunity for easy kills for no real gain. It may even take you quite a bit longer to clear a place using combat than it would using stealth. The challenge mechanic does seem like it might well help with that issue quite a bit, especially combined with enemies starting to flee if you do well in combat.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

JBP posted:

They've been extremely up front saying you evolve into a ninja as the game goes on. Like you're explicitly going to grow the character into stealth and subterfuge.

I think you are being very generous. They have skirted around the issue previously several times, stating that you do gain stealth powers, but that you can "still play totally play the game like a samurai if that's your thing". If the game design actually supports that then great, but if every set piece in the second half is built with the expectation you rely on stealth, then that's not really what they originally hinting at.

At this point we need more information.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

seems like there is almost zero anticipation for this game. I'll buy it after I watch some streams to make sure it's actually like, mechanically engaging

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I think it seems potentially interesting, but yeah I’m gonna wait for some reviews or other types of coverage.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

grieving for Gandalf posted:

seems like there is almost zero anticipation for this game. I'll buy it after I watch some streams to make sure it's actually like, mechanically engaging

man nurse posted:

I think it seems potentially interesting, but yeah I’m gonna wait for some reviews or other types of coverage.

Yea that's basically where I'm at. The gameplay looks like an early AC game. Maybe it's like Doom 2016 where all the official videos are bad at showing off how fun the game and combat are but I will definitely wait.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

obviously it remains to be seen whether the game is any good or not, but I think there's reason to have high hopes. Sony doesnt seem to gently caress around with its AAA exclusives, and if this is anywhere near the quality of a god of war, spiderman or horizon then it will be a pretty awesome game. Sucker Punch seem to really be putting a lot of passion into the project which is usually a good sign too, case in point, just today they announced a series of four posters for the game drawn by Takashi Okazaki, who made afro samurai.

also re: samurai progression, it would be extremely surprising to me if there were not SOME sort of sword skills to improve and unlock. We know Jin has 'special' moves he can spend those circles (moons?) to execute, and it just seems very odd that they would make an open world samurai game and not give you some sword options to unlock. Jin will very much be learning to be a ghost through the game but i don't think that means his melee skills will be frozen in time. i more got the impression that they meant the sword is the only melee weapon, i.e. there will be no naginatas and the like to samurai it up with.

this is conjecture on my part but I have a feeling a lot of the customization/progression for characters that want to focus on being a samurai will come from upgrading your sword, the armor you wear (which they've said will affect both your mobility and protection) and the charms system, which seems like it will be a major source of character customization. whereas ghost progression will be moer about learning new skills and how to make new items, etc.

again, this is all reasoned speculation on my part, hopefully we'll have some more details soon. but given that one on one duels are very much a thing in the game i expect the sword combat to have some depth, at least.

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 13, 2020

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Sucker Punch has never let me down so I'll be getting this game

I want to think the fact Jin can't swim is a Sly Cooper reference

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

In the posted interview they do respond to the "is combat too easy" question by pointing out that in the gameplay demo the player was very skilled and Jin had some skills that wouldn't be available right away, so it seems like there is at least some skill progression in melee combat.

I'll probably do what I always do in games like this: go for stealth, gently caress it up relatively quickly, and end up hacking my way through every enemy fort.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I plan to get good and cut down all enemies face to face. I'm really excited for this game.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

I'm super excited for this game. Sucker Punch are a very solid Dev and what they've shown so far looks gorgeous.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Whole I do understand the criticisms above (especially dishonoured and Deus ex “you can do anything but stealth it the right way!” - this does piss me off)

I’m kinda looking at this as a modern open world ten human soooo I kinda don’t care

I hope this fear mechanic of the enemies getting scared of you as your reputation grows is well realised .

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

teacup posted:

I hope this fear mechanic of the enemies getting scared of you as your reputation grows is well realised .

I'm sure your clothes will have some bearing on it. I hope you eventually hit the challenge button and have dudes just go gently caress this and head for the hills.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ShakeZula posted:

In the posted interview they do respond to the "is combat too easy" question by pointing out that in the gameplay demo the player was very skilled and Jin had some skills that wouldn't be available right away, so it seems like there is at least some skill progression in melee combat.

I'll probably do what I always do in games like this: go for stealth, gently caress it up relatively quickly, and end up hacking my way through every enemy fort.

I saw that, but by the gameplay demo I can't tell much of what the player did to kill some of those men in the "samurai playthrough" other than press a button, to be reductive. I'm sure someone will come in and say "aren't all games just pressing a button", but I mean, is this a timing thing? what is the player's interaction with the game?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I saw that, but by the gameplay demo I can't tell much of what the player did to kill some of those men in the "samurai playthrough" other than press a button, to be reductive. I'm sure someone will come in and say "aren't all games just pressing a button", but I mean, is this a timing thing? what is the player's interaction with the game?

I'm sure it's a parry, block, strike type deal but you will be able to spend points or use timing for instant kills like similar games.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

sucker punch released this to commemorate TLOU2 coming out this week

less than a month to go!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

one of the project leads wrote an entry on playstation blog about the development of katana combat in GoT, its pretty interesting and has some more specifics about combat

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/23/ghost-of-tsushima-mastering-the-katana/

funny early bit:

Sucker Punch Co Founder posted:

So your attacks can be arbitrarily fast, but Mongol attacks can’t be faster than the player can react. That created imbalance early on — just hammering on the quick attack button defeated most enemies, which was certainly not the deep combat experience we were aiming for. It would have been nice to have solved this before Hideo Kojima visited Sucker Punch and tried Ghost combat, since that was the first thing he tried. Sigh.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

free hubcaps posted:

one of the project leads wrote an entry on playstation blog about the development of katana combat in GoT, its pretty interesting and has some more specifics about combat

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/23/ghost-of-tsushima-mastering-the-katana/

funny early bit:

This was an excellent write up and with the accompanying videos puts to rest a lot of my fears about the combat. What he describes and what those short video shows looks really satisfying and fun.

Edit: I will say it's funny that the gif of him vs. 3 dudes in the tall grass has enemies doing exactly what he said they wouldn't in this game-- engaging one at a time while the other bad guys stay completely still out of combat range and watch. Weird video to pick when he was making the point that this game explicitily avoids that.

Megasabin fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 23, 2020

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Megasabin posted:

Edit: I will say it's funny that the gif of him vs. 3 dudes in the tall grass has enemies doing exactly what he said they wouldn't in this game-- engaging one at a time while the other bad guys stay completely still out of combat range and watch. Weird video to pick when he was making the point that this game explicitily avoids that.

They specifically call this out as showing the first stance vs the swordsman and then changing stance to face the shield dudes. If they all attacked at once in this video, you wouldn't see that clearly.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Haha I'd love to have heard Kojima's comments on the button mash gameplay.

The blog makes it sound really neat and I liked the new little clips.

JBP fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 24, 2020

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Megasabin posted:

This is one of the few instances where "wait your turn" combat is fine because it's incredibly common in classic samurai movies.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

This is one of the few instances where "wait your turn" combat is fine because it's incredibly common in classic samurai movies.

I mean that's fine, but the developer spoke about how they thought that was bad design and specifically programmed the AI not to do that in this game.

As Friendly Fire pointed out they probably used that clip to highlight something different, but the fact that it's there at all is a bit weird given the devs previous sentiments.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

cool new CG trailer dropped yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcWk08PBe7k

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I genuinely hope Ghost ends up being an awesome swan song for the PS4 the way TLoU ended up being for the PS3. Just an awesome game that leaves everyone blown away at the incredible power of the PS4.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1277970241218199552?s=20

Bad news.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
And I mean it's really bad. Connotatively translating,

The first set of text: "Can you continue!?"
Second: Load. The Game.
Third: A whole new game

Fourth is translated correct (Settings).

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
This game looks bad but I'm excited to play it

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Zongerian posted:

This game looks bad but I'm excited to play it
I feel like I've seen more hype for the game than details of the game but I haven't really been looking. So far it just seems like a less-fantastical Sekiro without vertical movement but OPEN WORLD.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

poo poo looks like Red Dead Ramen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think it looks pretty good. Everything in that combat blog sounded good though you could say they arrived at more or less the same systems most melee action games use through an unnecessarily long and convoluted path.