Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

I did it.

I have regrets.

The commentary is great. But the movie. My god.

I've never seen a movie where every scene feels like it could be a deleted scene. It's almost impressive.

But that might be the worst piece of poo poo I've ever seen. What the gently caress was that?

I'm sorry, but I can't help but picture Admiral Thrawn watching Cats and saying this in Lars Mikkelsen’s voice and I can't stop laughing.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

I did it.

I have regrets.

The commentary is great. But the movie. My god.

I've never seen a movie where every scene feels like it could be a deleted scene. It's almost impressive.

But that might be the worst piece of poo poo I've ever seen. What the gently caress was that?

I just watched it for the first time today and feel the same way.

The only part that actually felt like a movie was the Mr Mistoffolees bit, because that was the only time where I could discern what was happening and what the characters wanted to happen and why anyone was doing anything.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm sorry, but I can't help but picture Admiral Thrawn watching Cats and saying this in Lars Mikkelsen’s voice and I can't stop laughing.

This is a better outcome than I could have hoped for. Thank you for this. This is never something I’ve tried for, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t going to try it on occasion in the future.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I appreciate the gang reminding me that Velma is a disgusting defense industry dog

That's one thing i usually remember from this movie other than the fact that THEY loving DIE!!!

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 13, 2020

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

This was like my fourth or fifth time watching this deranged movie but when the Mungojerry/Rumpleteaser song started and they immediately jumped to “oh these guys are swingers” I almost died laughing

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Soup du Jour posted:

This was like my fourth or fifth time watching this deranged movie

How?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

For me it perfectly hits the bad movie bullseye of everyone thought this was going to be incredible while making an insane trainwreck. There is no decision made that wasn’t the wrong one and exposing other people to the madness is a ton of the fun

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I saw this in theaters and this was my second time seeing it. I also have regrets :negative:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
loving hell. The commentary barely made this tolerable. I spent the entire back half just wanting it to end. Bad bad bad.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

This is a better outcome than I could have hoped for. Thank you for this. This is never something I’ve tried for, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t going to try it on occasion in the future.

“To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not just their battle tactics, their history, philosophy, art.“

*watches Cats*

“...orbital bombardment. Until no life remains. It’s the only way to be sure”

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jun 13, 2020

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

fishing with the fam posted:

I spent the entire back half just wanting it to end.

That was one of the funniest parts. The movie refused to end. Judi Dench just kept talking. The guys pointed this out, too. "I mean, this movie has been done for a while now."

AceOfFlames posted:

“To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not just their battle tactics, their history, philosophy, art.“

*watches Cats*

“...orbital bombardment. Until no life remains. It’s the only way to be sure”

I loved the guys saying something like this. "I feel like everyone in this movie should be black listed."

"Sorry Judi Dench. You had a good run but you're done."

"Sorry Ian McKellan, you're done, too."

Not actual quotes, can't remember the exact wording, but it was something like that.

Because I kind of agree. I feel like I want to go scorched earth on anyone who was in this. I know work is work, but...I want revenge.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I saw it in theaters three different times with three different groups of friends, it's loving seared into my brain and I'm 100% sure I can listen to this commentary just as background noise and not need to use the digital copy of the movie which I do indeed own.

What I'm saying is someone end my pain already

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Welcome to the wonderful world of CATS induced Toxoplasmosis. I said in the main thread I want those CGI concepts used in a horror movie because it is truly Lovecraftian - your brain can’t quite process what it’s seeing and they go from weird human cat hybrids to unknowable monsters.

Movie whips. Can’t wait to get my hands on a tall glass of water and settle in.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I’m blaming WHM for making me imagine Charles Bronson as Han Solo while watching ESB. “I tought dey smelled behd... on de outside!”

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BLAMMO

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
CATS was so weird. For as horny and horrifying as everything is, the movie is also so .... dull and boring . It shouldn't be possible, yet it is .
One of the hardest movies to sit through, a combination of boring and unpleasant .

admataY fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 14, 2020

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

It’s aggressive in how boring it is. It gets to these crescendos and big moments of emotion, but it’s so aggressively flat and boring, it would be impressive if it weren’t a multi million dollar production.

Idris Elba going to jail for assaulting his agent would be a better career move than this was for him.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

dorium posted:

It’s aggressive in how boring it is. It gets to these crescendos and big moments of emotion, but it’s so aggressively flat and boring, it would be impressive if it weren’t a multi million dollar production.

Idris Elba going to jail for assaulting his agent would be a better career move than this was for him.

The WHM guys are right, it is starting to get weird how poorly his career is going for how talented he is. Being related to his agent would explain a lot.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

dorium posted:

Yeah. I think Beautiful Ghosts and Memory are genuinely good songs by the time they come you’re absolutely at the lull of a seventh inning stretch where it’s smarter to take a piss break and get ready for what’s left.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The latest Melr0210 had a joke of a toddler being whacked by the mob that had been cackling! This podcast episode was the funniest for me which is ironic since the WHM gang felt the TV episode was full of nothing.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

DoubleCakes posted:

The latest Melr0210 had a joke of a toddler being whacked by the mob that had been cackling! This podcast episode was the funniest for me which is ironic since the WHM gang felt the TV episode was full of nothing.

It's kinda like how the Ultraviolet episode gave us the hit film Cum Heist

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

DoubleCakes posted:

The "if I ever see that baby again" tangent killed me and now I'm a ghost

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I just sent them an email asking them to cover that Gene Hackman/Keanu Reeves abortion The Replacements. I swear to God, I watched this movie again yesterday and I cannot BELIEVE I did not see how awful it was before. It is Toxic Masculinity And Union-Bashing: The Movie.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Do you think they know about "Mr. Boop?"

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 17, 2020

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Billy Gnosis posted:

Do you mean Betty Boop’s husband, the guy that married Betty Boop (his wife)? As soon as I heard that bit start it’s the first thing I thought of and I feel the boys NEED to know about this

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Billy Gnosis posted:

I want to show them the BOOP

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Billy Gnosis posted:

Well I, at least, have no idea what you’re talking about. And I’m scared to enter the world of googling anything Betty Boop related. Care to explain?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

thrawn527 posted:

Well I, at least, have no idea what you’re talking about. And I’m scared to enter the world of googling anything Betty Boop related. Care to explain?

Let's go on a loving ride, anyone else who doesn't know this.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Explicit content warning has me worried for a story about a cartoon, but let’s do this.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

...well, whatever I was expecting, it wasn’t that.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

thrawn527 posted:

...well, whatever I was expecting, it wasn’t that.

Yeah, I was expecting a bunch more sexually explicit stuff. That is just a level of sadness I haven't seen in a while.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Crowetron posted:

It's kinda like how the Ultraviolet episode gave us the hit film Cum Heist

Much like the Goldeneye episode gave us Cum Pills?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Hockles posted:

Yeah, I was expecting a bunch more sexually explicit stuff. That is just a level of sadness I haven't seen in a while.

How can something possibly be sad when that man has Betty Boop for a wife

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Soup du Jour posted:

How can something possibly be sad when that man has Betty Boop for a wife

God knows what she sees in that lucky bastard

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I was gonna say that ended very abruptly (which I wasn't complaining about, I was glad it was done), but these are from this year? Like...is this ongoing?

God help us, 2020 didn't need this, too.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

thrawn527 posted:

I was gonna say that ended very abruptly (which I wasn't complaining about, I was glad it was done), but these are from this year? Like...is this ongoing?

God help us, 2020 didn't need this, too.

He's talking a short hiatus but he'll be back soon doing one a day, I understand.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
That's good news. I was afraid for a minute that he may have actually gone through with divorcing his wife, Betty Boop.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Phew, I'm glad bugs didn't kill him.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon