Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Everyone get your F5 fingers ready!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

That was a great way to close The Run.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Twitter's been hosed up, so the start is delayed about 12 hours to fix registration issues.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
When do the jobs go out I wanna fiesta already...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Tear down this wall

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Twitter's been hosed up, so the start is delayed about 12 hours to fix registration issues.

Where is that from?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

The stream. RK was on it for a little bit.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Okay tomorrow I’m “working from home” aka marathoning my first run :yeshaha:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Bruceski posted:

And then Elmagus won with 1hp left!

Proving once again that math is no substitute for luck skill.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Tomorrow? But it starts in 2 days.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
nobody tell my boss about fiesta while i'm still working from home

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
:toxx: I want to see some SURGICAL BOSS KILLS

What is a surgical boss kill? It's when you can show me video footage of a boss being killed by a 1hp damage attack. That way I know you've killed them for the exact amount of HP they have and no more.

I will donate $2.50 for every time someone ITT shows me any one boss on this list being surgically killed.

Melusine
Omniscient
Leviathan
Catastrophe
Twintania
Neo Exdeath

However, each boss on this list can only be claimed three times. e.g. once I've seen three surgical Melusine kills, I'll stop paying out for surgical Melusine kills.

Finally, the first person to get a surgical triple crown - surgically killing NED, Shinryu and Omega, will see me drop $25 into the pot.

:toxx:

p.s. I'm not a huge mathematics nerd or someone who understands the game mechanics very well. I am not certain if it is possible to surgically kill each of these bosses.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Azza Bamboo posted:

p.s. I'm not a huge mathematics nerd or someone who understands the game mechanics very well. I am not certain if it is possible to surgically kill each of these bosses.

There are a couple of ways this can be done, yeah. Are GIFs acceptable?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
So long as I can see the number 1 immediately followed by the death animation, and it looks like it was recorded from motion capture rather than two images put together, it's good.

The reason I want video instead of still images is you could just snap a 1hp attack and follow it with a snap of the boss dying but not have any evidence that there weren't other attacks in between those two points.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Excalipur to the rescue!

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Looks like RK wants to make sure all the registration issues are sorted out before starting

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Stop using a twitterbot RK

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

fool of sound posted:

Stop using a twitterbot RK

Seriously

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Disrespecting GILGABOT, smdh

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
:f5:

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug
Well, I suppose the delay lets me get a ACAB Bartz wind shrine save ready.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

McFrugal posted:

Tomorrow? But it starts in 2 days.

That's the End All, Be All, Everything Was hosed start date. Normally the Fiesta starts after The Run ends and RK wakes up. He was already awake this time but is delaying 12 hours to make sure everyone is registered properly.

Edit: Also yes please dump Twitter. Just wait until some chuds catch wind of the charity and spread the news to mass report Gilgabot for a temporary shut down.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
What if I just start 6 save states, one for each possible job?
Yes, yes, that's a thing a sane person would do.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
for people doing fiesta mod #chaos runs, do you roll all your jobs immediately and assign them all at the wind shrine, or to people generally still roll them one by one so you might have 4 Beastmasters at the wind shrine or w/e

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Countblanc posted:

for people doing fiesta mod #chaos runs, do you roll all your jobs immediately and assign them all at the wind shrine, or to people generally still roll them one by one so you might have 4 Beastmasters at the wind shrine or w/e

you're still supposed to unlock them by crystal even if you're using fiesta mod. so at the water crystal you would only have two jobs even if you know all of them.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Countblanc posted:

I get them all immediately but don't equip them until I get access to a non knife weapon or a spell for that class, cause I'm not doing the 'four bards with knives try to get through ship graveyard' thing again

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Play how you want but I don't even roll my next crystal until I'm in the cutscene for it. There's rarely a delay once the Fiesta is off and running. I like the potential challenge of beating a boss or location with only one or two jobs available.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I only use one per crystal, but I'll often unlock them all at the start because I'm an obsessive completionist and otherwise I'll be hitting every piano and ribbon and whatever else class-specific is along the way "just in case."

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bruceski posted:

I only use one per crystal, but I'll often unlock them all at the start because I'm an obsessive completionist and otherwise I'll be hitting every piano and ribbon and whatever else class-specific is along the way "just in case."

Imagine not actually rescuing the ribbon regardless of your jobs.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Kyrosiris posted:

Imagine not actually rescuing the ribbon regardless of your jobs.

I've done it before, but it didn't feel good.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Isn't the ribbon pretty much right on the critical escape path, even? It's not like it's one of the upper floor chests.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

It's a slight detour and requires a fight, but yes.

I even saved it in a run where I started with White/Time because you always save the ribbon.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Countblanc posted:

I generally flop back and forth between unlock and swap immediately, or update my jobs as the crystal comes along, but I will always equip a job even if I don't officially have access to it at the Wind Crystal. I just don't like playing as Freelancers and wish Pure Chaos had that and Mime removed and added on like a modifier like Fifth Job.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Freelancers are actually really strong in the early game IMO

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
:toxx:

Goblins are cool, blue mages are cool. Goblin punch is pretty neat, as well!

Because DragonDarch won the run this year, i'm going to be donating $2 for every boss defeated with a Goblin Punch. $4 if the puncher is the same level as the boss in question. $6 if you manipulate levels on the boss to brute force it. Combined donation limit will be $100. Post an image/.gif of the punch and boss death as proof.

Also, I will donate an extra $5 for the first person who defeats Omniscient/Rug Wizard through tanking the battle (letting him run out of MP). Just post a screenshot- i'll take your word for it.

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jun 20, 2020

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1272354325688279040
Soon...ish.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Zenithe posted:

Freelancers are actually really strong in the early game IMO

The unrestricted equipment selection counts for a lot all along. Throw in the stat boosts from the jobs you've mastered and Freelancers shine later too.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

https://twitter.com/revenantkioku/status/1272353835084730368

Science is occurring.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Why does the Fiesta app need all of those permissions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

Why does the Fiesta app need all of those permissions?

Because maintaining a twitter bot is impossible and Koziol is finally figuring that out and is apparently working on a traditional forms-based way to do the Fiesta.