Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

I loving hate this show

Yes ozpin is currently mind melding with a farmer's boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

"I hate this show" proclaims person who has never seen it

RWBY's got plenty of problems but people here need to chill, it is, again, incredibly innocuous

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I watched the posted clip and I'm wondering how that show got such a rabid fanbase.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Arist posted:

RWBY's got plenty of problems but people here need to chill, it is, again, incredibly innocuous

I find its attempts at political statements stupidly endearing, like a dog learning to drive a car.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

forget that, they did Mrs. Brisby rotten. she's a survivor through and through.

most of the rest of the list was pretty accurate though

None of them seemed to know who Mrs. Brisby was.

We old.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yes I know, they're all fetuses, mere early-20s children

They should see secret of nimh though, that movie is great at any time

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RWBY is great because it starts with a dude named Oz and his partner Glynda Goodwitch running a school where they train Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White, Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and Goldilocks to fight the Grimm.

Just the best.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Sounds like a dozen anime gacha games.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Arist posted:

I watched four seasons of it

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Takoluka posted:

RWBY is great because it starts with a dude named Oz and his partner Glynda Goodwitch running a school where they train Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White, Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and Goldilocks to fight the Grimm.

Just the best.
Bit disappointed they never introduced the Bogeyman as a major villain, tbh

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Supersonic Shine posted:

Bit disappointed they never introduced the Bogeyman as a major villain, tbh

I'm still sad about Fred Willard :smith:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ive found the only content creator that matters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW7htyUyA-U

grandma that owns 50 anime figures and loves atelier and disgaea

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

Endorph posted:

oh my god she rules

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWfD2oFJQvM

This video is really great for a) informing me about an illness I had never heard of before and b) showing off all her anime figurines and posters

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

The most endearing part of RWBY to me is that in world full of people dressed like anime fashion disasters there is one dude in the show who wears a pair of jeans and some Chucks.

At least for the first few seasons.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/AllisonPregler/status/1272387538058129409

https://twitter.com/AllisonPregler/status/1272408717397557249

Truly baffling that the guy who used to rip on awful right-wing propaganda films about how political correctness is bad for a living now basically agrees with them

https://twitter.com/AllisonPregler/status/1272410989602975748

Can't believe I ever thought he was cool :smith:

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 15, 2020

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Captain Invictus posted:

Yes I know, they're all fetuses, mere early-20s children

They should see secret of nimh though, that movie is great at any time

I found out last week that NIMH was real.

Endorph posted:

:yeah:

also Totori Plus for Vita is rated R18+ in Australia because

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 15, 2020

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

Finally, a youtuber with good opinions.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

LeafyOrb posted:

The most endearing part of RWBY to me is that in world full of people dressed like anime fashion disasters there is one dude in the show who wears a pair of jeans and some Chucks.

At least for the first few seasons.

Jaune was and still is the best boy too, he's just wearing a little rabbit hoodie underneath his chest armor too.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I can look back on a lot of the old producers, the Walkers, etc., and see how they were all lovely and awful.
But I genuinely cannot reconcile how past Brad and present Brad are the same person. It's like he literally got switched out with an alien.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
brad always had really chuddy friends even in the olden days. he's a warning to never trust someone who seems cool at first, but still hangs out with some really lovely people

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Beefstew posted:

I can look back on a lot of the old producers, the Walkers, etc., and see how they were all lovely and awful.
But I genuinely cannot reconcile how past Brad and present Brad are the same person. It's like he literally got switched out with an alien.

What boggles my mind is that in the end he chose... Doug. Now provided, I don't watch any of Doug's poo poo. But when I think of Brad and people he collaborates with, its Lupa and Phelous.

And when push came to shove Brad chose... Doug.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Beefstew posted:

Yeah same. :smith: I always thought Brad seemed like the coolest guy ever for some reason idk. He was just very charismatic or so I thought at the time. I never would have thought he would pulll a milkshake duck but here we are. :smith:

Marin Karin posted:

brad always had really chuddy friends even in the olden days. he's a warning to never trust someone who seems cool at first, but still hangs out with some really lovely people

Yeah, Brad was always one of those "I can still be friends with people I disagree with!" types. Back in the day I thought "ew gross but fine whatever I guess". Now I see it was a huge red flag.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

professor metis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWfD2oFJQvM

This video is really great for a) informing me about an illness I had never heard of before and b) showing off all her anime figurines and posters
oh hey cool, this might be the hereditary hand immobilisation that my dad vaguely warned i could look forward to.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Beefstew posted:

Yeah it's extremely depressing. At the height of my interest in TGWTG the two creators I most enjoyed were Spoony and Brad, so it's such a goddamn shame that the former burned out a depressed husk and the latter turned into the type of ghoul he used to openly mock. :smith:

Jamie Faith posted:

Yeah, Brad was always one of those "I can still be friends with people I disagree with!" types. Back in the day I thought "ew gross but fine whatever I guess". Now I see it was a huge red flag.

I, like Brad, am originally from bumfuck nowhere Illinois which is white, poor, religious, insular, and very conservative. Both my parents were the first college educated individuals in their respective families and recognized how toxic an environment they were in and bailed before myself or my sister could be poisoned by it. I say this because even when I was a dumbass HS student I remember Brad would have his rear end in a top hat friends on and I'd think "oh god I knew so many people like that" and I always kinda felt like Brad fell victim to a combo of midwestern politeness/conflict avoidance, and being surrounded by CHUD assholes. It sucks and is also really scary because I realize that could have been me had I been in ever so slightly less fortunate and privileged circumstances growing up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zetsubou-san posted:

also Totori Plus for Vita is rated R18+ in Australia because

Anything remotely sexual gets smacked with an R18+ rating because the review panel's staffed by uptight christian conservatives who hate that the R18 rating for games was forced into existence and they can't arbitrarily ban stuff anymore.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Yeah I think all three of the Arland games got rated 18+. I have a very confused post in the RPG thread asking "uhh, what the heck? I just played L+S and it was very family friendly, wth is going on in Arland?" It's literally just some racy jokes.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

one of the characters in the Arland trilogy (Astrid) is a serial sexual harasser and creep who crosses the line in every game she appears in and she's so reviled by the fanbase she was all but erased from existence in Lulua

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

lol the cinema snob thinks symbolism isn't real. He literally thinks that books and movies do things "for no reason"

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would listen to anything he has to say

e: I think brad only seemed charismatic in comparison to the 10th level turbonerds at TGWTG

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jun 15, 2020

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

:sigh:

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1272373809622867968

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
There's a few of them.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Leal posted:

What boggles my mind is that in the end he chose... Doug. Now provided, I don't watch any of Doug's poo poo. But when I think of Brad and people he collaborates with, its Lupa and Phelous.

And when push came to shove Brad chose... Doug.

Apparently he was friends with Doug from before CA. Assholes flock together.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Or, more to the point, assholes circle the wagons when called out. At a certain point, people cross a line of shittiness where your only choice is to cut ties or join them in driving everyone else away.

You might not have been a complete rear end in a top hat before that choice, but if you pick the latter path you sure as poo poo become one.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

also maybe don’t try and gauge someones entire personality from the content they produce

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Mokinokaro posted:

Wasn't it Spoony he knew from before CA? I seem to remember Spoony spotlighting him long before he got onto CA

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Endorph posted:

how does something like this happen

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Kamrat posted:

Wasn't it Spoony he knew from before CA? I seem to remember Spoony spotlighting him long before he got onto CA

No he knew Doug too. They worked together on establishing CA before he actually joined the site.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Mokinokaro posted:

No he knew Doug too. They worked together on establishing CA before he actually joined the site.

Interesting, I never heard about this.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jamie Faith posted:

Truly baffling that the guy who used to rip on awful right-wing propaganda films about how political correctness is bad for a living now basically agrees with them

Before you know it Brad is going to open a Prosperity Gospel church.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

watho posted:

also maybe don’t try and gauge someones entire personality from the content they produce

As a general rule, I feel pretty comfortable saying that people who are very into exploitation and horror films are either really cool or EXTREMELY not cool, with very little ground in between. I call it the Elvira/Joe Bob dichotomy.

I started wondering about Brad when he started featuring the college student he was dating for a while in his videos. He was about 40 at the time.