Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pththya-lyi posted:

I'M NOT
TO BE

ASHAMED
WHITE

She is definitely a shamed white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She's also not ashamed to be most famous for making GBS threads herself in public so I'm not sure I'd take her advice about shame tbh.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1272341779354996736?s=20

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Skwirl posted:

She is definitely a shamed white

I'm from Utica and I've never heard them referred to as "shamed whites".

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

SpacePig posted:

I'm from Utica and I've never heard them referred to as "shamed whites".

It's an Albany expression

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hardly the worst part of that image, but you'd think he'd have chosen an American gun. Maybe a 1911 was too complicated.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Please, everyone look at the full picture, it's much crazier than the cut off part implies.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Hardly the worst part of that image, but you'd think he'd have chosen an American gun. Maybe a 1911 was too complicated.

I was more fixated on having a gun that features a stylized picture of his dad made to look like a punisher skull.

I don't know enough about guns to know what model that is. Is it a German one? Because that would make a ton of sense too.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Gonna take this moment to be petty and remind everyone that Rowling tried to do the Stephen King thing where she published new fiction under a pen name to see if she could succeed without her brand cachet, and it turned out that no she couldn't.

Rowling's bad attempts at making Harry Potter more "mature" as the series went on make a whole lot more sense in hindsight when you consider that her idea of adult fiction is....really hacky serial thrillers

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Glock, German, yes.

It is a spectacularly tacky gun lol. Like a big square truck covered in bumper stickers.

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Austrian, to be pedantic

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

FFT posted:

Austrian, to be pedantic

Huh, you learn somethng new every day.

There's still a good metaphor in there of buying a european gun and putting poo poo all over it talking about making america great again lol.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

I was more fixated on having a gun that features a stylized picture of his dad made to look like a punisher skull.

I don't know enough about guns to know what model that is. Is it a German one? Because that would make a ton of sense too.

Glock. It's Belgian. Good guns, but an odd choice for Lil' Donny to use for showing off his patriotism. The 1911 is pretty much the quintessential American pistol, being the official military sidearm from WW1 through to the 1980s, and still being used by some units today. It's the firearm equivalent of apple pie and baseball.

e: sorry, Austrian. Don't know where Belgian came from.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Elblanco posted:

Please, everyone look at the full picture, it's much crazier than the cut off part implies.

lmao

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

What, you don't have a phallic symbol with your dad on it strapped to your belt?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
In the replies for some stupid right wing post attacking BLM protesters for endangering people with coronavirus

(Surprise surprise they're some Duterte loving weirdo)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Rowling's bad attempts at making Harry Potter more "mature" as the series went on make a whole lot more sense in hindsight when you consider that her idea of adult fiction is....really hacky serial thrillers
While I'm being petty-- and I'm gonna be petty af about Rowling she's trying to use autistic people as props in her TERF rants now-- it's also such a vanity problem to try and flesh out other Harry Potter story crap like the Fantastic Beast movies instead of just doing the obvious thing and sending more kids to Hogwarts. Like yeah you'd get flak for "not taking risks" from snobby critics, but they didn't like Harry Potter to begin with and weren't about to start, and there's a lot of freedom affording in world-building through the lens of a central location everyone loves. Look at how Star Trek and loads of garbage comics/anime do it. But nope, despite making a billion on the back of a really simple YA format you "have something to prove."

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

d3lness posted:

I both hate and am unsurprised that this garbage has a positive ratio. look at the tag on the text

http://imgur.com/gallery/xKP5lBw

E: fixed the upload

If you want to get big upvotes on imgur, just take the meme of Morgan Freeman pointing approvingly upward and caption it "the real way to affirm that black lives matter is by ensuring equality of opportunity".

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Elblanco posted:

Holy poo poo. I honestly couldn't think of how it could get worse, I thought seeing the start of the "Trump" written on the side had it covered.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

https://twitter.com/TheRealBuzz/status/1272351407639859207

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FFT posted:

Austrian, to be pedantic

In a slight defense, Glock also has a factory in Smyrna, GA.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Harry Potter and the Occupy Diagon Alley involved assault charges

He gets off because he's a cop

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Every time I see the thumbnail I think it's J-Roc and his mom

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Holy poo poo. I honestly couldn't think of how it could get worse, I thought seeing the start of the "Trump" written on the side had it covered.

It took me way too much effort to read TRUMP 45TH because dear god that font is horrible. (It's also not a coherent statement, but I guess you do what you can with a 10 symbol limit)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

We're coming up on 20 years of "No Child Left Behind" and it shows.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sunswipe posted:

1Never Forget

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Buzz... :smith:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

OwlFancier posted:

Lovecraft's a good example too because once you know his political views you realize that literally everything he wrote is fashy as gently caress, like his entire concept of horror is the destruction of western society and the pure blood of his race by mixing with outside, alien forces and its own decadence and degeneracy. If he was alive today he'd be like a blackpill neo nazi or something.

Which is interesting about Rowling too because so much of her dogshit views come through in her writing once you read it that way.

Case in point: a weird obsession with rape subtext that would make a TV Tropes user blush.

The second Fantastic Beasts film had two subplots involving magically-assisted rape, one of which was committed by a Jewish protagonist that later joined Wizard Hitler.

Queenie Goldstein is not a well-developed character at all.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Bogus Adventure posted:

J.K. Rowling wanted to come up with a word for wizards to call non-wizards. She came up with "muggles."
Is there some significance to that? :confused:

Pththya-lyi posted:

I'M NOT
TO BE

ASHAMED
WHITE
How the hell do people keep doing this? How does anyone look at text formatted this way and not read it like that?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Sunswipe posted:

Well, FN made the "The Right Arm of the Free World", so probably from there.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Elblanco posted:

gently caress me you weren’t kidding

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Sunswipe posted:

I'm sure that both FN and Glock would probably be highly offended about this

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

HAY GUYZ! I want to be a director

I mean he's wrong about everything there but I really think it's funny that people think the game series where you get into a canon fist fight with the pope for the right to be first into an ancient elf bunker is going for historical realism.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/catherinebouris/status/1272317973869391872

Meshel Laurie is an Australian "comedian".

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

So the spelling of Michelle is meant to be a joke?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/CoxyJindas/status/1272366178468368384

I think she's (badly) trying to explain why Australians are stupid about understanding why blackface is bad -- "we still sell golliwogs here, that's how ignorant we are." But that may be giving her more benefit of the doubt than she deserves.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Antigravitas posted:

Well, FN made the "The Right Arm of the Free World", so probably from there.

FFT posted:

I'm sure that both FN and Glock would probably be highly offended about this

That'll be it. Must have been thinking of the Browning Hi Power, which FN made and is the 1911 but good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/Seanbabydotcom/status/1272421771770130432

https://twitter.com/perlmutations/status/1272409174798856193

Easy mode is posting ANYTHING Ted Cruz does, but gotta love Ron.